PDA

View Full Version : is philosophy275 worth keeping?

finboy
10-13-2004, 11:07 PM
in deciding my classes for this semester i made the terrible mistake of selecting a philosophy class. Since i am trying to get into a business commerce program i though "argument assesment" would be a good option to take.

little did i realize that this class has very little to do with actual argument assesment, and much more with useless formulas which don't seem to relate in any way to business. not only that, this class is taking HUGE amounts of time to keep up with, and is starting to affect the grades in my other classes becasue i am spending so much time on it just to pass.

by no means am i a great student and the only reason i took 5 courses this semester was under recomendation from my parents. i've asked around and quite a few people are suprised i'm taking 5 courses in one semester.

what i'm thinking is dropping philosophy as an option and focus more effort on my required classes this semester. i would lose the $400 or so that i paid for this class but i would be able to up my grades more in more important classes.

opinions?

Mckenzie
10-14-2004, 08:04 AM
I thought logic was a great course. If you ever go into law school, that will be very helpful in writing the exam. It is also very interesting to hear how people construct their arguments....and you will use the knowledge from this course for the rest of your life when talking to people. I would keep it as I took it and really enjoyed it, but thats just me. Most of the courses you will take as options have nothing to do with business and be thankful that you have some balance. I took the History of the Rolling Stones last year at the Uni.

But you do need to get insanely good grades to get into the Bcomm at Haskayne so if you think it is that bad then drop it. Dont forget though that a W does not look good in your transcript. As for the work load, if you really want to commit to getting into the business school, you have no idea of the time commitment ahead of you. There is no such thing as free time anymore....you should get used to that idea. If you want to go to UofL or somewhere else then you don;t need to worry that much about your grades. As for UofC, there are only about 150 spots in the program and you are competing with almost 2000 applicants so it is a bit on the selective side. Hit me at my MSN if you want to talk more. Later bro...

BebeAphrodite
10-14-2004, 03:08 PM
depends who ur teacher is
who is ur teacher?
i understood NOTHING from that course at all and i barely knew how to draw the assumption tables but ended up with a B.

Raz
10-17-2004, 08:30 PM
Philosophy 275 was the easiest fucking class ever, I never showed up, never studied, and got a B+ on the final and all that... Plus its a fun class :)

I happen to be a Philosophy major ;)

- Rasmus

Street_Soldier
10-19-2004, 07:41 PM
Stick with the course work your ass off, I took Phil 279 (its kinda related) and it wasnt that bad. At the end if you dont think you can pull off an A- then drop it.

Weapon_R
10-19-2004, 07:44 PM
It's a credit. Don't waste it if you absolutely don't have to.