PDA

View Full Version : substance abuse help

Rockski
10-14-2004, 01:35 AM
alright im not posting this as a bull shit, i seriously need some help staying off of what i was doing. ive been clean for a week on saturday and as of today im really feeling as though my minda nd body is taking a shit kicking. it got to the point where i was twacked 3 or 4 times a day and i quit cold turkey saturday... i was wondering if im the only one on here that has faces something such as this and if im not i was wondering if theres anybody else out there that would be able to give me some advice

B17a
10-14-2004, 07:37 AM
AADAC

Ben
10-14-2004, 08:47 AM
Do you mind if I ask what kind of substance it is?

Some require a lot different treatment than others.

I think thats fantastic you are in admittance with your issue, thats is the first and for most people, the hardest step...admitting you have an issue and seeking help. So good on ya for that.

I personally have never been in your shoes, but I have seen a lot of people go down hill from drugs.

sillyd
10-14-2004, 09:22 AM
Remember that if you keep trying it will get easier. If you give up now, your life will get harder. Suffer for a short time now and enjoy a happier, healthier life in your future.

The hardest part is the next little while. Stay on track, your life will get better. Guaranteed.

awd
10-14-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Ben
Do you mind if I ask what kind of substance it is?

The term "twacked" is a slang term for using Methamphetamines. I have lost a couple friends to crystal meth -- much harder to kick than crack.

Is it meth you are trying to kick dude?

QuasarCav
10-14-2004, 10:05 AM
You need the support of others and someone to report to. It's easier to quit when you have someone to face other than yourself.

I've never tried quitting smoking but I'm sure it would be easier with someone else's help. This might be a different scenario but the point is the same.

AADAC might be a start, they can get you with other people in the same boat.

Good luck man, The quicker you quit the sooner you can feel better about yourself. Stick with it!

EnRich
10-14-2004, 10:05 AM
Yea everyone goes through something like that man... I remember when I did coke my body reacted something like that for a few days... My advice, go workout, listen to music, and remember that the feeling will eventually pass...

legendboy
10-14-2004, 10:28 AM
I'd steer clear of AADAC and maybe check out http://www.aarc.ab.ca/

3g4me
10-14-2004, 11:08 AM
Good luck dude. Good to hear that you admit you have a problem, thats the first step. What you really need to do is ditch all your friends that do it, and find some freinds at a gym or at school or something like that, oh and also pot will do wonders for coming off hard drugs.:thumbsup:

euro tang
10-14-2004, 11:23 AM
Hang in there buddy, I have a friend who is in the same boat as you and even though I've personally never been in that kind of situation I know what its like. My friend went to AADAC and he said it was very helpful but only at the time he was there. While he was there he seemed to be a lot happier. Unfortunately two weeks after his last day at AADAC he started getting high again. A lot of times he breaks down and cries and I feel so sorry for him. I know it must be a very difficult time for you and I would recommend getting help from professionals as well as your friends and family.

sputnik
10-14-2004, 12:54 PM
Jib addiction is REALLY tough to break... I have a friend that has been on a rollercoaster with meth for about 5 years now.

I would recommend some professional help depending on how heavy your usage is.

zboost
10-20-2004, 01:09 AM
meth is killer.. and hella addictive.. your better off smoking crack then that shit.. it fucks with your body and mind.. this girl i know was on meth for a while and i didnt even know it.. she was looking really skinny., but sexy because she was just a little bit too cubby for me before.. then she quit i guess and she got allot fatter LOL.. just dont smoke meth stick to chronic playa..

Super_Geo
10-20-2004, 01:53 AM
Get professional help.

If you're serious about trying to kick a habbit as seroius as meth, you should go the full 9 yards and then some. I think that's the most important thing... either go balls deep or just don't bother, cause if you're only semi committed to quitting, then you're only a few weeks away from going back.

If I were you, I'd check myself in to AADAC, get assurance from professionals so you can be confident in the direction you're headed, and then draw on support from your close friends (who don't do meth) and family.

Also focus on positive gains... like start going to the gym and keep track of the weights that you do. After a few weeks when you start to see gains, it'll be positive reinforcement to keep you clean. And keep busy... cause down time is the worst time for shit like that.

Good luck dude.

zboost
10-26-2004, 06:59 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Rockski
10-29-2004, 08:25 PM
well thanks for the support, just for the reccord, its not jib, but i need to kick it, and its goin alright, ive cracked i think twice since the ninth...

GTS Jeff
10-29-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Rockski
well thanks for the support, just for the reccord, its not jib, but i need to kick it, and its goin alright, ive cracked i think twice since the ninth... hey man, shoot me a pm if u wanna hang out.

GQBalla
10-30-2004, 01:57 AM
i suggest you lock yourself into a room by yourself untl you stop fiending believe the hardest way works the best! get some support from your freidns too!

R-Audi
10-30-2004, 11:41 AM
Maybe look into heading up to Grand Praire, My Uncle was in the rehab up there, and seemed to be a very good one. If you are that motivated, just try to stay busy, and surround yourself with people who are against it, and will help you stay away.

Good Luck!

finboy
10-30-2004, 07:07 PM
good luck and keep up what you are doing man.

you'll probably find it a lot easier if you keep in touch with a supportive group of friends and try to avoid people who are still into the drugs, they will drag you right back in.

1-Bar
10-31-2004, 11:41 PM
good luck with the battle!! Stay motiviated to keep clean. :thumbsup:

Texas
11-02-2004, 07:33 PM
Hey bud, I've been sober and clean for 8 and a half years. I would seriously consider trying out a 12 step program. Initially it will be difficult...New people, trust/honesty. It wont happen overnight. Take it a day/hour/minute/second at a time. It is a lot of work. But if you realize the implications of continuing...it might motivate some change. I know it goes beyond getting high....more like a maintenance measure... For me it was that. There is no easy way to stop. You can't "cut down" or "reduce harm". You have to stop dead. I'm not discouraging you at all, I am just saying that it is a long road with many benefits and rewards...sometime as simple as waking up the next day. Try out AA/NA you will meet people there that will become lifelong friends. Find a sponsor and start developing some trust. The key in the beginning was to keep talking about things that would usually spark some sort of issue.... PM me if you want to talk more on the subject. I would be more than happy to hear from you.

As simple as it sounds: if you dont do drugs, you won't get high.

teamPRO
11-05-2004, 03:31 PM
yo bro. kick the habit by working out everyday. make yourself a wourkout plan or like hire a trainer. join a swim club. keep busy.

Rockski
11-23-2004, 11:07 PM
a month and i can count on 1 hand how many times ive been high... its hard to stop but i think im getting it