PDA

View Full Version : turbo

electronic_soul
10-14-2004, 09:16 PM
hey for a 91 mr2 turbo....how much would it cost to get a ct-26 turbo and how much hp woudl that bump...
also does anyone kno where i can get one?

Ek9Max
10-14-2004, 11:00 PM
The ct26 is the stock turbo on there.

Not a bad little turbo, though it cuts out at about 5500rpms.

I had my ct26 at 15psi with intake, downpipe, exhaust. IT was faster that any N/a honda by a LONGSHOT. I had a 97 civic hatch with jdm type r motor, and mr2 was quite a bit faster.

Can't wait to get my ct20b on!

jvillain
10-15-2004, 08:17 PM
CT-20b with a ceramic wheel is a very nice next step after the CT-26. I haven't hit the limit on mine yet and it spools like crazy. As simple of a turbo swap as you can get on these cars. It also gives you time to build up every thing else before you bolt on a monster turbo. I'm glad I bougt mine.

Redlyne_mr2
10-15-2004, 11:26 PM
There's also the ct27 from ats racing, that will be my turbo of choice for summer 2005

jvillain
10-16-2004, 12:11 AM
If you do get one please post your results. ATS has sure driven a lot of discussion on the MR2OC board with that turbo. My gut is telling me that it isn't every thing they are making it out to be. Sort of like LB and his Disco Potato fiasco. Once more people get their hands on them we will have a better idea. It would be a really good thing if it is as good as they say.

My next turbo will be 50 trim Street Brawler but that won't be till next winter. Which reminds me the KO winter group buy is supposed to kick off today.

Redlyne_mr2
10-16-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by jvillain
If you do get one please post your results. ATS has sure driven a lot of discussion on the MR2OC board with that turbo. My gut is telling me that it isn't every thing they are making it out to be. Sort of like LB and his Disco Potato fiasco. Once more people get their hands on them we will have a better idea. It would be a really good thing if it is as good as they say.

My next turbo will be 50 trim Street Brawler but that won't be till next winter. Which reminds me the KO winter group buy is supposed to kick off today.
I was also thinking about the KO kit but that will have to wait. Im spending too much on suspension, paint and wheels this winter. Ill pick up the ct27 build up a few of my supporting mods then get the brawler kit once I have a standalone system. Im looking forward to seeing your kit

stealth
10-16-2004, 08:58 PM
when i upgrade my turbo im getting the SB Kit or GT35R (I believe that is what it is called)

But that wont be prob for another year.

Ek9Max
10-18-2004, 07:28 PM
my ct20b has a steel wheel!

marq-jt
10-18-2004, 07:32 PM
how much is that turbo anyways...

planning on getting one next year hopefully...

SPooLiN
10-19-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Ek9Max
my ct20b has a steel wheel!

mine too! wooooooo :drool:

For the amount of money I ended up spending I could have got a td06.... oh well...

marq-jt
10-19-2004, 11:21 PM
Anyone here knwo where i can get any of these turbo's...
or anyone willing to sell me theres... reasonable price.. please... pm me.. .thanx

Redlyne_mr2
10-19-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by marq-jt
Anyone here knwo where i can get any of these turbo's...
or anyone willing to sell me theres... reasonable price.. please... pm me.. .thanx
need to know what you want man. What your setup is currently as well as hp goals etc. Prices range anywhere from $300 - $10000

marq-jt
10-19-2004, 11:31 PM
for now i just want to get a turbo.... any in paticular
thast suitable for a 01 integra ....
if you have any in mind of what u thin ki shold get pm me...
i was thinking of the ct-26 or the turbo from a talon t-25
if you can give me a place here in calgary where i cna g ocheck it out then i will just pick from there... unless you got anoterh one layign around u dont need that you would lie kto sell me PM ME...

Ek9Max
10-21-2004, 09:58 AM
When are you getting this done? I will have a JDM ct26 I will be selling in a few months.