PDA

View Full Version : When will people learn it's a CIVIC

rylake
10-15-2004, 01:53 AM
This has to be the funniest thing that has ever happened to me on the road.

I was coming home late from work so the streets were fairly empty (3am). This little fag in a souped up (read: riced out) civic is riding my ass for three blocks or so when there is a whole other lane to his left he can pass me with. Anyways I stop at the light and he rolls down his window and glares at me. I kinda chuckle at this moron with his hat on lock and shitty rap tunes blaring. So I roll down my window so he can see that I am laughing at him. He proceeds to rev up his engine and make some loud farting noise out of his useless 4 inch pipe...which makes me laugh harder.

So I turn twards the light and it goes green I give it some gas and let fly. I don't see the kid behind me so I check out my rear view and the kid is stalled out at the light. I almost pissed my pants when I saw him.

So about three or four lights up he is beside me again and I am thinking this kid probably wants nothing to do with me now since he just embarrassed the shit out of himself. But to my surprise he starts reving again. I go "ok" and give him a little head start off the line then punch it and blow by him within 60 feet, and I was only doing 60-70kmh. I couldn't blive this kid.

The kicker is I was in my Hyundai Sonata which isn't exactly a sports sedan by any means (170 HP / 181 ftlbs V6)

Sometimes I wish I had a bag of rice in my car so that when I see these fucktards I can give them a nice rice shower like at a wedding...that will make them feel even more special than when they were in that special class.

kanjus_paki
10-15-2004, 03:52 AM
:whocares: let ppl drive what they want

how they act behind a wheel is a different story...

brandon
10-15-2004, 06:42 AM
serously wtf is with all these gay street encounters?
:whocares: :closed:

Xtrema
10-15-2004, 07:13 AM
Used to be semi-ricer but a few V6s taught me 4 bangers are uber ghey unless you put mad money into it.

They'll learn in time.

Redlyne_mr2
10-15-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Used to be semi-ricer but a few V6s taught me 4 bangers are uber ghey unless you put mad money into it.

They'll learn in time.
I wouldnt say that. Dozens of 4 cylinder engines have been extremely successful in racing series. Its the v6 that was made for the mass market every day driver.

import_illusion
10-15-2004, 09:41 AM
your sonata isn't any better then a fricken civic

benyl
10-15-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by import_illusion
your sonata isn't any better then a fricken civic

Wow, how ignorant. Thanks for coming out and contributing your vast knowledge.

my 4 banger doesn't do to badly ;) :D

civicluva
10-15-2004, 09:56 AM
quit compaining its proabably happened to everyone. its happened to me. and fyi there are tons of fast 4 bangers.

:whocares:

Z_Fan
10-15-2004, 10:08 AM
LMAO.

I'd guess about 99% of 4 cyl. Civics are slower than pretty much any V6. And I'd also guess that about 20%-30% of Civic owners actually know this...or it seems that way. Not sure why they all figure they own road rockets.

But try not to forget there are some 4 cyl. Civics that can run 12's in the 1/4...so you just never know...

Any car can be made to be fast.

The funny part of your story is the stalling and then wanting to go again. Not really the cars involved since they both blow goats.

Gspotracer
10-15-2004, 10:12 AM
When will people learn its a Hyundai Sonata:whocares:

wildkarrde
10-15-2004, 11:43 AM
Some of you guys are really sensitive about civics.

BumpinTalon
10-15-2004, 01:00 PM
most the people here drive them - that's why.

legendboy
10-15-2004, 01:05 PM
From your story it sounds like your also a ricer (in denial) :rofl:

BigShow
10-15-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by rylake

The kicker is I was in my Hyundai Sonata which isn't exactly a sports sedan by any means (170 HP / 181 ftlbs V6)

Your Sonata isn't exactly anything to be proud of.

BigShow
10-15-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
most the people here drive them - that's why.

If a talon was half as reliable as a civic most people would have those too.

BigShow
10-15-2004, 01:10 PM
This has to be the funniest thing that has ever happened to me on the road.

blalalblablalblabla

You drive a Hyundai Sonata.

7thgenvic
10-15-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by wildkarrde
Some of you guys are really sensitive about civics. im very sensitive about my baby! its slow but she has a good tiny heart!

wildrice
10-15-2004, 01:12 PM
don't diss a honda when u drive a HYUNDAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

403Gemini
10-15-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

They'll learn in time.

did you seriously just post that? wow guess i gotta go tell my friends who drive STI's that their 300 hp is shit cause its a 4 cyl :rolleyes:

QuasarCav
10-15-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

did you seriously just post that? wow guess i gotta go tell my friends who drive STI's that their 300 hp is shit cause its a 4 cyl :rolleyes:

I own both, the 6 is way better for highway cruising but nothing beats coming around a corner dropping a gear and riding the redline.

But that doesn't change the fact that 4 cyls can be just as good and sometimes better. It doesn't cost bags of cash to get one going quick.

1-Bar
10-15-2004, 02:21 PM

:werd:

Originally posted by benyl

my 4 banger doesn't do to badly ;) :D

googe
10-15-2004, 02:22 PM
Holy, everyone that said something bad about his Hyundai needs to kick themselves. Did you not understand that he KNOWS he doesnt drive a race car, he knows he drives an average economy car, and he STILL beat rice boy. Thats whats funny about it.

BigShow
10-15-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by googe
Holy, everyone that said something bad about his Hyundai needs to kick themselves. Did you not understand that he KNOWS he doesnt drive a race car, he knows he drives an average economy car, and he STILL beat rice boy. Thats whats funny about it.

What about if talking shit about Honda Civics is just getting old, and your tired of hearing it? This guy should kick himself because he drives a POS.

rylake
10-15-2004, 02:27 PM

wow...I was begining to think that nobody here could actually read...thanks for proving me wrong. :)

wildrice
10-15-2004, 02:30 PM
pffft, his sonata probably broke down after the "race"

rylake
10-15-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by BigShow

What about if talking shit about Honda Civics is just getting old, and your tired of hearing it? This guy should kick himself because he drives a POS.

Listen bumbfuck...people talk shit about civics because of people like you and your hollier than thou attitude of a car that has 118hp...

BigShow
10-15-2004, 02:32 PM

wow...I was begining to think that nobody here could actually read...thanks for proving me wrong. :)

Yea I read what you said and clearly understood it, that doesnt change the fact I think your thread is useless. I know my civic isnt a race car, but at least it's not a luxary sedan wannabe.

rylake
10-15-2004, 02:33 PM

Yea I read what you said and clearly understood it, that doesnt change the fact I think your thread is useless. I know my civic isnt a race car, but at least it's not a luxary sedan wannabe.

thanks for proving my point for me...

legendboy
10-15-2004, 02:33 PM
Just for arguments sake, I'll race you (rylake) in my 150hp non turbo 4cy honda and i'll still kick your v6 ass.

rylake
10-15-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by legendboy
Just for arguments sake, I'll race you (rylake) in my 150hp non turbo 4cy honda and i'll still kick your v6 ass.

wow...i am so proud of you...and I am sure your mother is too.

I used to own a grand national that would beat your honda without getting it out of first gear...

these statements means nothing...the funny part about this is the situation...NOT THE CARS

BigShow
10-15-2004, 02:39 PM

I used to own a grand national that would beat your honda without getting it out of first gear...

these statements means nothing...the funny part about this is the situation...NOT THE CARS

I'm sure you mother cries at the fact her son would grow up and buy a Hyundai Sonata.

7thgenvic
10-15-2004, 02:41 PM

okay junior HIGH, ummm my dad will kick your dads ass!! GOD FUCKING GROW UP!!!!! hey noob do us all a favor and STFU!

rylake
10-15-2004, 02:44 PM

I'm sure you mother cries at the fact her son would grow up and buy a Hyundai Sonata.

her son bought a Hyjndai because it came with everything (power locks, windows, seat, leather, v6, A/C, 6 speaker) for under 25 grand. I used to own some pretty fast cars, but now I have a mortgage and need something to get to work and back reliably...that was the best choice for the best price...and really the motor is a mistubishi so whats your beef???

rylake
10-15-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic

okay junior HIGH, ummm my dad will kick your dads ass!! GOD FUCKING GROW UP!!!!! hey noob do us all a favor and STFU!

go back to highschool...because I am pretty sure you can't comprehend what I am saying...retard

BigShow
10-15-2004, 02:48 PM

her son bought a Hyjndai because it came with everything (power locks, windows, seat, leather, v6, A/C, 6 speaker) for under 25 grand. I used to own some pretty fast cars, but now I have a mortgage and need something to get to work and back reliably...that was the best choice for the best price...and really the motor is a mistubishi so whats your beef???

My beef is people that start threads titled: When will people learn it's a CIVIC, and write stories about the 5% of the civic owners who play out the fast & furious thing, which make the the other 95% of civic owners look like idiots.

rylake
10-15-2004, 02:48 PM
Listen I know your 19 and you just are now able to go drink with the grownups...but dude eventually everyone grows up...

rylake
10-15-2004, 02:49 PM

My beef is people that start threads titled: When will people learn it's a CIVIC, and write stories about the 5% of the civic owners who play out the fast & furious thing, which make the the other 95% of civic owners look like idiots.

your doing a good enough job of that on your own.

wildrice
10-15-2004, 02:51 PM

pffftt
u think a hyundai is reliable??
bahahaha

QuasarCav
10-15-2004, 02:53 PM
Listen I know your 19 and you just are now able to go drink with the grownups...but dude eventually everyone grows up...

Which you didn't, judging by the thread title.

He knew it was a civic, I can see it now on the civic boards: When will people learn it's a Hyundai.

rylake
10-15-2004, 02:56 PM
http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/reviews.aspx?modelid=10280&trimid=-1&src=ratings&tab=4#rel

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/reviews.aspx?modelid=10190&trimid=-1&src=ratings&tab=4#rel

Two 2002 cars (mines 2004) looks pretty much the same to me.

rylake
10-15-2004, 02:59 PM
:drama:

wildrice
10-15-2004, 03:01 PM
http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/reviews.aspx?modelid=10983&trimid=-1&src=VIP&tab=4&sub=0

7thgenvic
10-15-2004, 03:01 PM
ewwww don't bring up the age card! wow im so proud of you! honestly don't start a fucking thread that bashes civic, when the majority of people on this forum drive civics!

GOD so ignorant!, honeslty grow up!
im 19 and alot more mature then to be a NOOB on a forum and starting a thread of how you killed some ricer in your Sonata! wow props to you! here's your cookie and aren't you late for your shift at MC'D

scooby_dooby
10-15-2004, 03:05 PM
the point is man, your thread is obviously bashing civics and NOT the guy behind the wheel, and that's why it's retarded.

When will people learn it's a CIVIC? What the hell does that mean anyways?

Take a look at the Top 10 Fastest Imorts in the province, 4 CIVICS! I don't see ANY piece of crap Hyundai Sonata's in that lists,

you've got rides like Zippy's auto, a CIVIC running over 20lbs of boost, hitting 11's in the 1/4 mile ona STOCK BOTTOM END, and you come in here talking shit when you drive a Sonota? That thing would probably explode after 2lbs of boost!

my point is that CIVIC's have as much potential as anything out there, and if you think you're gonna win just because you have 2 more cylinders you are ignorant.

rylake
10-15-2004, 03:05 PM
ewwww don't bring up the age card! wow im so proud of you! honestly don't start a fucking thread that bashes civic, when the majority of people on this forum drive civics!

GOD so ignorant!, honeslty grow up!
im 19 and alot more mature then to be a NOOB on a forum and starting a thread of how you killed some ricer in your Sonata! wow props to you! here's your cookie and aren't you late for your shift at MC'D

All I am saying is that when you get older your proirities change a whole lot and driving a ten year old honda to work is not an option for me anymore. And i am bashing the civic a little bit but more the retard who was driving it. I have seen some pretty hot civics around but it is certainly not exactly built for speed. It's real purpose is right in the name of the car (CIVIC).

scooby_dooby
10-15-2004, 03:08 PM
then maybe the title of your thread should have been,

"I raced a guy who couldn't drive stick and won, hooray for me"

rylake
10-15-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by scooby_dooby

Maybe it should have been "Watch as a bunch of teenagers defend their 10+ year old economy compacts as race cars"

googe
10-15-2004, 03:10 PM
ahahaha
all the civic owners are getting sad

listen people, he was not hating on civics, he was hating on all the people that drive one thinking theyre the hottest and fastest thing on the road

theyre good cars, but theyre by no means a race car

7thgenvic
10-15-2004, 03:11 PM

it shouldn't even be that! this thread shouldn't have started in the first place! and thanks yet once again, you proved your point by looking at my profile and figuring out that i was 19! Good for you, have fun racing your hyundai around calgary, and remember to keep posting your daily encounters.

can we close this now:closed:

rylake
10-15-2004, 03:12 PM

it shouldn't even be that! this thread shouldn't have started in the first place! and thanks yet once again, you proved your point by looking at my profile and figuring out that i was 19! Good for you, have fun racing your hyundai around calgary, and remember to keep posting your daily encounters.

can we close this now:closed:

Well calgary might be a little far for me...I live in toronto

rylake
10-15-2004, 03:13 PM
ahahaha
all the civic owners are getting sad

listen people, he was not hating on civics, he was hating on all the people that drive one thinking theyre the hottest and fastest thing on the road

theyre good cars, but theyre by no means a race car :werd:

89coupe
10-15-2004, 03:27 PM
LOL...I'm probably a little late on this but fuck...this coming from a guy who drives a Hyundai:rofl:

BumpinTalon
10-15-2004, 03:28 PM
wow this 7thgencivic guy is all up in arms for no reason. Your percentages were totally wrong there - 95% know they are driving the Civic and only 5% are F&F? Fuck that. Try more like 70-30. You're just butthurt because your car is worthless no matter how you slice it. Every dollar you put into your car is a dollar you never get back.
Let's get back to that whole Hyundai vs. fast car thing. He is older, he has a mortage, he needs a car that won't break down on a three-times-a-year-basis (scratch any turbo car), needs to be easy to drive in traffic and get good mileage (scratch any V8 and most V6s), needs to have low mileage to prevent high-mileage problems (scratch most cars older then 5 or 6 years), needs to be more comfortable then your average import car (scratch Civics, Preludes, etc, anything with a low seating position) which leaves us with lower mid-range imports and domestic. Accords cost more then a Sonata, Camrys are stupid, Sonatas have gotten very nice reviews and look very classy for the price, and there's a few domestics but they aren't as reliable as their import counterparts.
And in case you didnt notice, Hyundai has really cleaned up their act lately. In summary: he needs a reliable, comfortable car with a limited budget so that disqualifies a lot of cars. Not to mention cars are a terrible investment and no matter how long you think you are going to be a car guy, surprise surprise, when you move out you aren't going to have money to drop into your car for a 0% return and suddenly a louder exhaust doesn't seem so important anymore, so why not buy a car that looks like a Jag instead? No need to spend money on body kits, suspension, rims and so on because it already is pretty much a solid package.

rylake
10-15-2004, 03:31 PM
wow this 7thgencivic guy is all up in arms for no reason. Your percentages were totally wrong there - 95% know they are driving the Civic and only 5% are F&F? Fuck that. Try more like 70-30. You're just butthurt because your car is worthless no matter how you slice it. Every dollar you put into your car is a dollar you never get back.
Let's get back to that whole Hyundai vs. fast car thing. He is older, he has a mortage, he needs a car that won't break down on a three-times-a-year-basis (scratch any turbo car), needs to be easy to drive in traffic and get good mileage (scratch any V8 and most V6s), needs to have low mileage to prevent high-mileage problems (scratch most cars older then 5 or 6 years), needs to be more comfortable then your average import car (scratch Civics, Preludes, etc, anything with a low seating position) which leaves us with lower mid-range imports and domestic. Accords cost more then a Sonata, Camrys are stupid, Sonatas have gotten very nice reviews and look very classy for the price, and there's a few domestics but they aren't as reliable as their import counterparts.
And in case you didnt notice, Hyundai has really cleaned up their act lately. In summary: he needs a reliable, comfortable car with a limited budget so that disqualifies a lot of cars. Not to mention cars are a terrible investment and no matter how long you think you are going to be a car guy, surprise surprise, when you move out you aren't going to have money to drop into your car for a 0% return and suddenly a louder exhaust doesn't seem so important anymore.

Well said sir...thanks

scooby_dooby
10-15-2004, 03:46 PM
no-one's saying it 's a race car, but it's got 10times the potential to be fast than a sonota does, so, to me, it's funny seeing a Hyundai Sonota driver say something like "When will you realize it's a civic!" that's just stupid, that civic might just destroy you...

rylake, do you think the fact you are middle-aged, have settled down for life, and owe the bank $100,000 somehow makes you superior? or smarter? I'm 23 does that make my arguments somehow more intelligent?

oh, and for the record, i hate fuckin civics, hate em, can't stand em, but i can respect them,

and to the comment on teenagers trying to have 10year old cars be race cars, lets look at the fastest 10 import race cars in this province...

8 of 10 of the cars are over 10 years old, 4 of them are CIVICs, 3 of them are Talons, there's an srt4 and 2 Daytona's. It looks like the civics are doing ok to me. Do you even know what you're talking about?

2004 Top Ten Fastest Imports
1. Sleeper, Honda Civic Si, (92), 11.84 @121 (Bud Park)
2. DarrylBleau, Eagle Talon (?), [email protected] , (Bud Park)
3. Apex, Dodge SRT-4, (03), 12.06@118mph (Bud Park)
4. THEONE, Eagle Talon, (97), 12.0@120+ (Bud Park)
5. Zippy's / Pro Drag Performance, Honda Civic (88) 12.257 @118.63 (Bud Park)
6. Rob K, Dodge Daytona, (89),12.258 @116.91 (Bud Park)
7. Leon Bellavance, Chrysler Daytona (87), 12.3@114 (Race City)
8. Midtown Import, Honda CRX, (88), 12.564 ET @ 112.79 mph (Bud Park)
9. talont, Eagle Talon, (93), 12.599 @ 108.98 (Bud Park)
10. Midtown Import, Honda Civic, (89), 12.6@111 (Bud Park).

RickDaTuner
10-15-2004, 03:49 PM
IBL :D

BumpinTalon
10-15-2004, 03:50 PM
no-one's saying it 's a race car, but it's got 10times the potential to be fast than a sonota does, so, to me

news flash -- if they can get 1,000 horsepower out of a Saturn, you can do the same with a Sonata. The Civic just has more parts to easily realize whatever potential it has (too bad you need a motor swap to go really fast). With some effort, you could make gigantic power out of a Sonata. It'd just take a bit of know-how.

civicluva
10-15-2004, 03:51 PM
I dont know about reliability with civics but i havent had much problems with mine and its turbocharged.

but 20 lbs of boost on stock internals? :dunno: can anyone confirm this because i smell :bullshit:

my rings fried and started burning oil when I cranked it up to 9 lbs.

Altezza
10-15-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by wildrice
pffft, his sonata probably broke down after the "race"

Originally posted by wildrice

pffftt
u think a hyundai is reliable??
bahahaha

Dude, sorry to burst your bubble, but:

http://money.cnn.com/2004/04/28/pf/autos/powerqualitysurvey/

BumpinTalon
10-15-2004, 04:03 PM
20lbs on any stock internals is totally out of the question. 7-8psi is the safest bet for most motors.

civicluva
10-15-2004, 04:12 PM
20lbs on any stock internals is totally out of the question. 7-8psi is the safest bet for most motors.

yea really, that is what i though but what is up with that one guy who said hes running 20 lbs on the stock bottom end? :dunno:

BumpinTalon
10-15-2004, 04:13 PM
he's bullshitting.

civicluva
10-15-2004, 04:15 PM

and whats with these people always putting down dsm's? they can be fine if properly maintained.

BumpinTalon
10-15-2004, 04:17 PM
true, but any car with aftermarket stuff done to it is not going to be as reliable in the long term and a lot of DSMs are modified so you hear a lot of complaints about them breaking down, but a turbocharger complicates things a lot and the more complicated something is the more likely it can break (so yeah they aren't as reliable as your average NA car). But you only ever hear from people who complain, now, don;'t you?

canadiandaytona
10-15-2004, 04:20 PM

we are talking about motors that are Intially NA right?

BumpinTalon
10-15-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by canadiandaytona

we are talking about motors that are Intially NA right?

yes. SRT-4s are good to 500whp on stock internals and DSMs to around 375. most NA cars, not so much.

cavb0i
10-15-2004, 04:28 PM
how much can a cav handle?

BumpinTalon
10-15-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by cavb0i

not much, the most horsepower i've seen from a cav outside of the factory team was 430whp but he had about $10,000 of work done to his bottom end. I'd say 225-250whp. people haven't messed around with the cavalier motors much yet so there isn't any concrete figures, but it is a pretty big motor (2.4 liters is nice) so you could make some good power if the bottom end is up to it. It's low comprssion too which helps with turbo'ing.

cavb0i
10-15-2004, 04:37 PM
thx bumpin but i think imma trade in mah cav. seems leik the better decision.

my friend said i had a procharger on my cav.but it ended up being a intake. im so stoopd.

SI-vic
10-15-2004, 04:39 PM
thx bumpin but i think imma trade in mah cav. seems leik the better decision.

my friend said i had a procharger on my cav.but it ended up being a intake. im so stoopd.

hahaha
yes indeed you ARE a dumbass.

benyl
10-15-2004, 04:41 PM

haha, when I saw that cavboi replied to this thread I was expecting the usual:

"by a cav yo. It's a good ka. the civic and sonata are alright but the cav is a good too!"

:D

Everyone needs to chill out. Quit bashing the Civic. There is a reason there are so many on the road: reliable and cheap.

Quit bashing the Sonata. It is great value for the price. They are way more reliable than they used to be. They have the best warrantee in the business and that is not because they break down.

People used to bash Hondas like they do the Hyundais and Kias now. It is only a matter of time before the Honda will be like the domestics... I got rid of my Honda for that reason. They don't build them like they used to.

Z_Fan
10-15-2004, 04:42 PM
Ok.

This thread is damn disappointing.

I've read the whole thing, and was waiting for cavb0i so say something even stupider than the rest of the shit in this useless thread.

But no. No. Instead, cavb0i can't top the moronic things being thrown around in this thread. Hmmm, and - if you didn't notice, he was nominated for beyonds biggest moron.

Looks like he's got competition out there...:dunno:

sexualbanana
10-15-2004, 05:22 PM
I'm confused what's the topic of the thread now??

Bottom line: Buddy in the Civic was a tard, and Rylake didn't help by racing him.

jegger69
10-15-2004, 05:49 PM
I THINK SOME PPL SHOULD READ.. THE GUY IN THE Hyundai Sonota dose not give a fuck how fast his car is how good it looks or wut any one thinks he waz trying to state "HIS OPINION" that ppl who own civics shouldnt drive them as if they are top fuel funny cars

crazydave
10-15-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by jegger69
I THINK SOME PPL SHOULD READ.. THE GUY IN THE Hyundai Sonota dose not give a fuck how fast his car is how good it looks or wut any one thinks he waz trying to state "HIS OPINION" that ppl who own civics shouldnt drive them as if they are top fuel funny cars

:werd: ... and not all ppl in civics are like that at all, he was just saying that some people think somethin they are not...like for example if it were a cavi or a 240sx for instence and it was all "riced" out and was revving in sure the story would be the same, so lets not over exagerate. civics are great, and im not dissin ppl drivin civics. it was the situation not the car and i agree that the name should not have been so biased toward civics...so there i stuck up for both sides.
:closed:

7thgenvic
10-15-2004, 06:29 PM

whatttt are you talking about i didn't even say that percent thing!!! god! how am i hurt, and how is my car worthless?? do you even know what you talking about, its the same with your fucking DSM as well, any fucking cent that you put in your not going to get back as well! think logically before you write shit like that!

i don't drive my car like a tool thinking im F&F get your shit right, not all civic drivers drive around like tools, and your right some of them do, but don't accuse all civic drivers like that, because its not only the honda guys! i've had some tards in DSM, toyotas and many other cars ride my ass, or cut me off, because they wanna "race or whatever the hell they want to prove,"

im getting pissed off because
a)i drive a civic and get sterotyped for being a ricer
b)called a cheap ass because i drive a civic,
c)i could sell my car loose a tiny bit of money, and buy a old DSM and it would still be as worthless as yours!

thanks for you time! and keep the thread going if you wanna be immature and bring up some more pointless arguments!

BigShow
10-15-2004, 06:46 PM

Well calgary might be a little far for me...I live in toronto

Good stay there.

Originally posted by 89coupe
LOL...I'm probably a little late on this but fuck...this coming from a guy who drives a Hyundai:rofl:

That's what I was thinking too!!

7thgen didn't even make that comment, I did. And, we all know about not getting money back, whatever... maybe your car is worthless? What's with your rage towards civics, how are they worthless?

Originally posted by civicluva

and whats with these people always putting down dsm's? they can be fine if properly maintained.

What's with you sticking up for dsm owners when they're putting down the same car you drive?!

Toms-SC
10-15-2004, 07:04 PM
Anyways, back to the orginal thread.

I like the idea of throwing rice at them! :)

BigShow
10-15-2004, 07:12 PM
http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/reviews.aspx?modelid=10280&trimid=-1&src=ratings&tab=4#rel

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/reviews.aspx?modelid=10190&trimid=-1&src=ratings&tab=4#rel

Two 2002 cars (mines 2004) looks pretty much the same to me.

:thumbsup: http://www.planethyundaisucks.com/

civicluva
10-15-2004, 07:26 PM
I'm sticking up for them because it's a good car. I never said a Civic was bad, I drive one. I like it and many other cars. Civic owners tend to always mention reliability when it comes to comparisons. It's almost like an excuse for being slow.

My Civic had it's handfull of problems too.

alpha
10-15-2004, 07:44 PM

Agreed!, and the SRT-4 as well, and s2000s

BumpinTalon
10-15-2004, 11:09 PM

whatttt are you talking about i didn't even say that percent thing!!! god! how am i hurt, and how is my car worthless?? do you even know what you talking about, its the same with your fucking DSM as well, any fucking cent that you put in your not going to get back as well! think logically before you write shit like that!

i don't drive my car like a tool thinking im F&F get your shit right, not all civic drivers drive around like tools, and your right some of them do, but don't accuse all civic drivers like that, because its not only the honda guys! i've had some tards in DSM, toyotas and many other cars ride my ass, or cut me off, because they wanna "race or whatever the hell they want to prove,"

im getting pissed off because
a)i drive a civic and get sterotyped for being a ricer
b)called a cheap ass because i drive a civic,
c)i could sell my car loose a tiny bit of money, and buy a old DSM and it would still be as worthless as yours!

thanks for you time! and keep the thread going if you wanna be immature and bring up some more pointless arguments!

Any car, unless it is a very limited production or old (unreliable) car, is fucking worthless. The worst investment you could ever possibly make... losing 15% of your money by driving off the lot and 15 cents for every kilometer you drive is definitely losing a lot of money fast. If everyone was smart, we'd take mass transit and spend the $15,000 not on a car and put it towards stocks or something instead (which will actually make you money), but nobody is really smart and I like driving so I roll around in a car that's every bit as worthless as a Civic/SRT-4/Impreza/Lancer/Celica/Stealth/bla bla bla.
Anybody can be called a cheap-ass for driving any car. Even if you have a Ferrari, somebody is going to think "jeeze too cheap for a Lambo?" and if you have an Enzo they'll say "jeeze too cheap for a McLaren" and if you have a McLaren they'll say "jeeze too cheap for a private jet" and so on.
Your point c is just... what the hell are you talking about? No shit sherlock.
And yeah, you get stereotyped for being a ricer, although your car seems pretty clean and whatnot, but unfortunately I don't think your car is JDM which means it'll never get as much respect as that other Civic with the ugly rims and Mugen stuff, and if you have the JDM stuff someone will just point out you spent mucho money and are still half as powerful as a guy who spent half as much money on a turbo, and if you have a turbo someone will say "where is the JDM stuff?" and you see? Cars are a losing battle, but god damn they are fun.
Bottom line is: don't give a flying fuck what other people say. I don't care when I get "it's just an ESi?" and people think I'm retarded for not liking body kits or driving something that's not a Honda and bla bla bla but I don't care and neither should you.

Seanith
10-16-2004, 12:32 AM
Why can't we all just get along and hate on Domestics like usual? :dunno: :D :rofl:

BTW BumpinTalon you have some serious issues with "JDM" things.. makes one think that your mother was raped by a JDM Dildo? :dunno: :rolleyes:

sexualbanana
10-16-2004, 01:31 AM
If everyone was smart, we'd take mass transit and spend the $15,000 not on a car and put it towards stocks or something instead (which will actually make you money),

Unless you bought Nortel or Enron. :rofl:

aquamarine
10-16-2004, 02:03 AM
For arguments sake, I used to own a 2000 Tiburon, and in just over 4 years I never had any trouble at all. Oh wait, I had to had to replace the headlights three times. OH NOS....

Many folks enjoy slagging Hyundai's... that's fine. But it's the few folks here who have valid reasons to slag them. Rylake, I read your post, I found it funny, I know that it was the kiddie's fault and not his cars, he obviously got the car as a present and doesn't know how to drive.

As for the rest of the folks that are bitching and complaining, take the stick out of your ass, he told a story. Leave it at that for goodness sake.

http://www.pozland.com/pics/af.jpg

rylake
10-16-2004, 08:21 AM
just for the record I am 26 years old...not middle aged...

962 kid
10-16-2004, 08:43 AM

:thumbsup: http://www.planethyundaisucks.com/

:dunno: nowhere on there does it say that hyundais are unreliable, thats a website that says the dealership planet hyundai sucks, not the cars themselves

BumpinTalon
10-16-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~
Why can't we all just get along and hate on Domestics like usual? :dunno: :D :rofl:

BTW BumpinTalon you have some serious issues with "JDM" things.. makes one think that your mother was raped by a JDM Dildo? :dunno: :rolleyes:

I'm not sure what my problem with JDM is. It just makes me angry. Probably a repressed memory somewhere. My reasoning is why spend so much money on a part that would get you pretty much the same horsepower gain/handling gain/cosmetic gain (although JDM body parts are very, very, very nice) as a domestic part just does not make sense. It's probably the same name brand thing as why you pay $300,000 for a Ferrari that can barely outrun at $90,000 Viper.

Seanith
10-16-2004, 02:37 PM
fair enough. its just a superior alternative to many of the rediculous parts other people are putting on their cars. APC, altezzas, etc. I guess it all comes down to quality, and many cases its OEM quality.

Police
10-16-2004, 05:31 PM

I'm not sure what my problem with JDM is. It just makes me angry. Probably a repressed memory somewhere. My reasoning is why spend so much money on a part that would get you pretty much the same horsepower gain/handling gain/cosmetic gain (although JDM body parts are very, very, very nice) as a domestic part just does not make sense. It's probably the same name brand thing as why you pay $300,000 for a Ferrari that can barely outrun at $90,000 Viper.

OR maybe you're just mad cause there isn't much jdm parts for you ride HAHA j/k not trying to start shit here, if i had the money i would take the ferarri anyday over a viper or a vette not because it can or cannot beat it (no need for another argument), its more about the status symbol:bigpimp:

so as it concludes JDM=:bigpimp: :D

Scandalous
10-17-2004, 02:52 AM
30yrs ago, Japanese cars were considered garbage...With the way Korean companies are gaining in the international market...I wouldn't be surprise in a few years/decades that Korean cars will be in the same leaque as the big car makers of today.

Team_Mclaren
10-17-2004, 03:23 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: you made my day "bro"

Originally posted by sexualbanana
I'm confused what's the topic of the thread now??

Bottom line: Buddy in the Civic was a tard, and Rylake didn't help by racing him.

all in all, each to his own.. the sonata and civic are two different class of cars... there are reasons why people buy differnt brand/kind of cars. they all have their pros and cons. for saying that... whatever the owner wants to do after he buys it is totally up to him, if he wants to be a retard then so be it, it does help that you wer racing him as wel... which made u just as bad...
i mean, a sonata owner can rice that out too right!? this argument is going no where! so :closed: