PDA

View Full Version : Protein Group Buy

davidI
10-16-2004, 03:57 PM
I'm too poor to buy protein these days so I've been thinkin about ordering up 1 or 2 or more... 20KG bags. Obviously I don't need that much but it's the only way to keep the costs down. The protein would be unflavoured and unsugared but has a good amino acid profile. I'm not sure on exact cost yet but I'm guessing $6/pound or less! That works out quite a bit cheaper than any other proteins I know of especially when you account for the sugars and flavouring (cheap!) that you can add on your own.

Anyone interested?

davidI
10-16-2004, 04:02 PM
Just thought I'd add that this is agglomerated why concentrate from vitalus. It would be possible to get isolate as well but the cost would damn near double and most bb's agree that's not worth it.

zboost
10-16-2004, 04:10 PM
hey.. i used to take protien all the time and i also used to take creatin.. since i stopped taking both of them my mucles have gotten smaller(not by much) but they have also gotten leane, more toned, and alllot stronger mucle.. i duno i just wanted to say protein dosent do shit and creatin just keeps you pumped.. dont waste your money.. eat right sleep rright, and work out hard.. even though my eating sleeping and smoking habitis are shit i sound like a hipocrit.. peace:bigpimp:

davidI
10-16-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by zboost
hey.. i used to take protien all the time and i also used to take creatin.. since i stopped taking both of them my mucles have gotten smaller(not by much) but they have also gotten leane, more toned, and alllot stronger mucle.. i duno i just wanted to say protein dosent do shit and creatin just keeps you pumped.. dont waste your money.. eat right sleep rright, and work out hard.. even though my eating sleeping and smoking habitis are shit i sound like a hipocrit.. peace:bigpimp:

haha, you're an idiot. I'll believe that you got more toned after stopping using creatine but that's just because it promotes water retention in the muscles. Protein is the fundamental requirement for building muscles. If you can get 1.5 grams/ lb. body weight from natural foods then you don't need a supplement but most people a) don't have the time to make that much food and b) can't afford it. Do your research before making such a dumb post! :rolleyes:

WestCoastGamer
10-16-2004, 11:46 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree, thats one of the dumbest posts I've seen in awhile, obviously if you drop creatine because it's a water retention based supplement your muscles will lean out and become more toned, but unless you can stand to say 170 grams of protein (If you weigh 170 lbs thats how much protein you should get a day to gain decent mass) from like tuna, meat all that stuff in one day, then yeah you don't need protein powder, but I highly doubt many people can do that, especially since to much meat is full of cholesterol and I sure as hell won't eat tuna at every meal, hate fish. Whey powder is the best supplement out there. Like the guy above said, research before you post.

1badPT
10-17-2004, 03:18 AM
Hey I would be up for this - how much to buy in?

Chim
10-17-2004, 11:29 AM
I'm in

20kg bag of protein :drool:

BloodBaneZXY
10-17-2004, 12:16 PM
Hrm, yeah I might try it out...but a 20kg bag is a LOT..and I'd be too lazy to add my own flavoring :P Is there any smaller increments available?

tsi_neal
10-17-2004, 01:09 PM
pm me when you have some firm details cuz im definatly interested

davidI
10-17-2004, 02:06 PM
Well my thought was to buy a few 20 kg bags and just divy them up into smaller buckets or whatever. Protein only has a shelf live of 6-12 months depending on how well you keep it sealed so no one can really use 45 pounds on their own within that time! I have a few empty 10 pound buckets and a few 5 pound jugs that I can fill or whatever. I'm waiting for the company to get back to me on pricing for the bags and then I'll decide prices for 5 or 10 pounds of it. I'm not planning to mark it up much or anything...I'm just lookin for cheap protein :D

I'm going to look into flavoring and stuff too so people can pick it up and mix it in themselves. Or I could mix it too and just charge a bit more. I'll wait on the pricing and let you guys know :thumbsup:

Chim
10-17-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by davidI
Protein only has a shelf live of 6-12 months depending on how well you keep it sealed

You sure about this?

davidI
10-17-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Chim

You sure about this?

I've used protein over a year old before...I can't see it hurting. I've just read in a few places that after 6-12 months if air gets to it the quality begins to degrade. I'll always slowly squeeze the air out of my larger jugs as I use more and more to prevent all the air getting to it. I don't think it's a huge deal or anything but if you're buying new stuff then it might as well be fresh :D

1badPT
10-17-2004, 03:02 PM
Yeah proteins are very fragile. air, heat, moisture all can effect them. Generally you don't want to be cooking your protein powder.

zboost
10-17-2004, 03:44 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Wildcat
10-17-2004, 03:50 PM
umm how bout this.. you guys can suck a cock because i guarentee you are not in as good condition as i am..:thumbsup:

here we go again... :rolleyes:

i fucking hate these health and fitness debates. like 2% of the ppl on here actually know what theyre talking about

davidI
10-17-2004, 05:43 PM
umm how bout this.. you guys can suck a cock because i guarentee you are not in as good condition as i am..:thumbsup:

Stop whoring up my thread. If you want to start a thread about how protein does not affect muscle growth go ahead and I will have a one page response with references to show you that you truly are an idiot. Maybe post some pics in that thread too since you think you're in such great shape yet you have bad 'eating, sleeping and smoking habits.' :rolleyes:

Wildcat
10-17-2004, 07:27 PM
did you say 20kg bags? holy shit thats alot. Just 2 bags should roughly be a years supply. :eek:

davidI
10-18-2004, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Wildcat
did you say 20kg bags? holy shit thats alot. Just 2 bags should roughly be a years supply. :eek:

Well I was thinkin we could just divy the bags up. I'd only want 15-20 pounds max cause that would last me atleast 4 months...

Chim
10-18-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by davidI

Well I was thinkin we could just divy the bags up. I'd only want 15-20 pounds max cause that would last me atleast 4 months...

2.27 kg lasted me all summer (3.5 months), either you're not getting enough protein from natural foods or you're friggin massive :eek:

Anyways, got pricing yet? Sucks about the shelf life, because I still have a 4lbs jug to finish up.

rahim
10-18-2004, 04:31 PM

2.27 kg lasted me all summer (3.5 months), either you're not getting enough protein from natural foods or you're friggin massive :eek:

Anyways, got pricing yet? Sucks about the shelf life, because I still have a 4lbs jug to finish up. 5lbs lasted you 4 months :eek: usually lasts me about 4 weeks

403Gemini
10-18-2004, 04:47 PM
im in man :)

sabad66
10-18-2004, 05:14 PM
I'd definitely be interested, although I would prefer it to be flavoured.

asifka
10-18-2004, 05:48 PM
im in too.

davidI
10-19-2004, 08:55 PM
I'm still waiting on the pricing from the company. I didn't know there would be so much interest! I only e-mailed them regarding getting a couple bags but it might be even cheaper if we get a few. :)

JAYMEZ
10-19-2004, 09:28 PM
Yo david im in as well

davidI
10-19-2004, 10:01 PM
Cool! I'm still waiting for the company to get back to me. It's a guy from another fitness forum that suggested them and he said he ordered through them before but it's really a supply company so I'm hoping they'll do a 1-5 bag shipment! The details will be up as soon as I know them :)

Weapon_R
10-19-2004, 10:04 PM
Post the specific details after you receive information from the company. We can start a new thread for the group buy with a little more organization.

Chim
10-19-2004, 10:22 PM
You should do this thing a few times a year too, because of that shelf life thing. Like 2-3 times a year?

davidI
10-19-2004, 11:06 PM
You should do this thing a few times a year too, because of that shelf life thing. Like 2-3 times a year?

Yea man. I didn't know there was going to be so much interest! I hope it all works out