PDA

View Full Version : NSX's

98Max
11-23-2002, 01:57 PM
Does Acura still import NSX's? if so, approximately how much are they, and is the NSX Type S-Zero imported? thanks

Redlyne_mr2
11-23-2002, 02:00 PM
acura still sells the nsx if thats what you mean, be prepared to shell out 150gs

Toms-Celica
11-23-2002, 02:13 PM
They dont even import the Type-R NSX here...:banghead:

Weapon_R
11-23-2002, 03:27 PM
I just saw it yesterday, but the NSX is still going for $143000 and is being sold for 2003.

ninjak84
11-23-2002, 03:48 PM
The type-r's are soooo nice!
Loaded with carbon fibre goodies from the factory!

soloracer
11-23-2002, 05:21 PM
I used to have a woody for this car until I drove one. I think they are waaaaay overpriced for what you get. If you are going to spend $150K on a car get a 911 turbo. It's a much better performance car with more cache value. Just my $0.02.

hjr
11-23-2002, 06:08 PM
the new porsche turbos and gt2's are much nicer/cooler/faster/generally better than an NSX. Not that NSX is bad, not at all, but they just cant compete with porsche. look at the porsches sales/image/prestigue/history(street & racing), it cant be beat.

Hipermax_d
11-23-2002, 07:55 PM
the honda nsx type s zero was a limited edition nsx. it was supposively lighter and a little sportier then the type s.

will the new nsx type r be coming to canada??
i havent seen the new nsx on the streets of calgary yet

GTS Jeff
11-23-2002, 08:46 PM
the nsx type r is nothing special. just carbon fiber eerywhere...same power output and everything...

///M Power
11-24-2002, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by soloracer
I used to have a woody for this car until I drove one. I think they are waaaaay overpriced for what you get. If you are going to spend $150K on a car get a 911 turbo. It's a much better performance car with more cache value. Just my $0.02.

:werd:

I'd take so many cars before I would take the NSX. Now, the 2005 NSX may be a little different, but we'll have to wait and see now won't me.

Stratus_Power
11-24-2002, 02:04 AM
NSX is nice.. but definitly over priced... you telling me you would rather have a NSX over a porche turbo or Sl500 ??? of cuz not

GTS Jeff
11-24-2002, 02:21 AM
it was a bad move on hondas part to price the nsx so high. they are selling them very slowly now, maybe 15 a month...

i think honda might have priced it high to make it more exotic, but its not fooling anyone!

dont get me wrong, the nsx is a great car, and its always been my dream to just quit everything and pour my money into a used 91 nsx....

Joe Malms
11-24-2002, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R

i think honda might have priced it high to make it more exotic, but its not fooling anyone!

Especially with that v6. Seriously...what kinda exotic priced at 150K has a v6.
For that kinda money, a v8 or a some forced induction should be expected.

buh_buh
11-24-2002, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by Joe Malms
Forced Induction and V8 are EXACTLY what Honda will NEVER do in a production car.

James
11-24-2002, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by Joe Malms

Especially with that v6. Seriously...what kinda exotic priced at 150K has a v6.

:werd:

Originally posted by buh_buh

Forced Induction and V8 are EXACTLY what Honda will NEVER do in a production car.

I know thats not Hondas "thing", but maybe its Time, if there going to Charge $150,000 for a Car?:dunno:

4wheeldrift
11-24-2002, 08:17 AM
it was a bad move on hondas part to price the nsx so high. they are selling them very slowly now, maybe 15 a month...

dont get me wrong, the nsx is a great car, and its always been my dream to just quit everything and pour my money into a used 91 nsx....

It is honda's exotic. The car is still hand assembled. Sure, the chasiss is 10 years old now, and for most enthuasists the novelty has worn off. But if honda wants to charge $150k for their flagship car they can go right ahead. I wouldn't touch one for that price, but some people do.

GTS Jeff
11-24-2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift

It is honda's exotic. The car is still hand assembled. Sure, the chasiss is 10 years old now, and for most enthuasists the novelty has worn off. But if honda wants to charge $150k for their flagship car they can go right ahead. I wouldn't touch one for that price, but some people do. i know its hand assembled, hell even the seat leather is hand sewn...but the thing is, the NSX is no longer the knockout car that it used to be when it first came out. as many ppl have said, theres many better cars to be had for 150grand. and there arent a lot of ppl willing to pay so much either, as i said...the sales figures are something pathetic like 15/month....

98Max
11-24-2002, 11:51 AM
I don't know what you're al talking about 150'000 dollas. I went to the Acura web page and "customized and priced" my own...it was 93,000. Still alot, but significantly less than 150k I just want an NSX cause its plenty fast, pretty, and a Honda (I Love Honda so much that I have a Honda watch) I had asked about the Type S-Zero because i have a video of an S-Zero racing and beating a Ferrari 355 Thanks for the opinions

4wheeldrift
11-24-2002, 11:52 AM
i know its hand assembled, hell even the seat leather is hand sewn...but the thing is, the NSX is no longer the knockout car that it used to be when it first came out. as many ppl have said, theres many better cars to be had for 150grand. and there arent a lot of ppl willing to pay so much either, as i said...the sales figures are something pathetic like 15/month.... Roughly equal to production. Smart move, eh? :D

Hipermax_d
11-24-2002, 11:55 AM
but in a way if we look at the price tag, the gtr isnt much of a difference as well. it might be the importing tax or something like that.

hjr
11-24-2002, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by 98Max
I don't know what you're al talking about 150'000 dollas. I went to the Acura web page and "customized and priced" my own...it was 93,000. Still alot, but significantly less than 150k I just want an NSX cause its plenty fast, pretty, and a Honda (I Love Honda so much that I have a Honda watch) I had asked about the Type S-Zero because i have a video of an S-Zero racing and beating a Ferrari 355 Thanks for the opinions

you love honda that much and yet you drive a Nissan Maxima :werd:

second, was that $93000 US?

j/j

GTS Jeff
11-24-2002, 12:00 PM
Roughly equal to production. Smart move, eh? :D they used to sell hundreds at a time back in the day :guns:

of course honda will lower production when theres no demand for their car. anyway, i tihnk we can all agree that honda desperately needs a new nsx to put everyone in their place

98Max
11-24-2002, 12:05 PM
yes 93000 USD

and I drive a Mxima cause thats what my parents got me (I'm only 16) not alot of Choice...myparents got a new car, so I got the Maxima

4wheeldrift
11-24-2002, 12:07 PM
they used to sell hundreds at a time back in the day :guns:

of course honda will lower production when theres no demand for their car. anyway, i tihnk we can all agree that honda desperately needs a new nsx to put everyone in their place That will be quite the challenge, considering all the amazing hardware running around now. Honda is REALLY gonna have to pull out all the stops if they want the replacement for the NSX to do any better than the current gen is.

GTS Jeff
11-24-2002, 12:07 PM
yes 93000 USD

and I drive a Mxima cause thats what my parents got me (I'm only 16) not alot of Choice...myparents got a new car, so I got the Maxima thats 150grand CDN..

98Max
11-24-2002, 12:10 PM
O My mistake :banghead: NSX is still cheaper than a Skyline, so....

4wheeldrift
11-24-2002, 12:10 PM
Nothing wrong with driving a maxima. There are much worse cars you could be stuck in, though it goes without saying that by personal preference there are better too.

hjr
11-24-2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by hjr

you love honda that much and yet you drive a Nissan Maxima :werd:

second, was that $93000 US?

j/j

yes 93000 USD
and I drive a Mxima cause thats what my parents got me (I'm only 16) not alot of Choice...myparents got a new car, so I got the Maxima

Man, J/J in my top post means = just joking. im not trying to burn ya buddy

if any of you come across any of my posts conserning Maxima's, you would find out that i am a huge fan of the car.

98Max
11-24-2002, 12:14 PM
again, my mistake, I have never seen "j/j" so yea... its cool tho

soloracer
11-24-2002, 12:53 PM
Roughly equal to production. Smart move, eh? :D

I guess that would compensate for the shit kicking Acura/Honda got in 1991 and 1992 when they produced way more than there was demand for. There were brand new 1991's to be had as late as 1993. Honda really cut back production once they realized they were not going to sell as many.

I've followed the NSX since day one and love the looks of the car. I bought an 89 944 Turbo with the thought that I would drive it for awhile and then trade it off on an NSX. I finally found a 91 NSX and they wanted my 944 Turbo plus $30K for it. I took it for a test drive and was the most dissapointed man on the planet. The car just did not feel quick. The engine made lots of noise but there wasn't the shove in the back that my 944 had. I love the looks of the car but could not justify spending $30K for a car that felt like a poorer performer. My 944 Turbo is 2 years older than the NSX and other than styling I would suggest it outperforms it in almost every catagory. The NSX did not live up to all the hype that the magazines were pushing.

buh_buh
11-24-2002, 04:41 PM
Is there any aftermarket support for the NSX besides the Comptech charger?

max_boost
11-24-2002, 04:48 PM
If I had $150K, I would use my brain and try to turn that into 1 million and then buy the NSX haha

buh_buh
11-24-2002, 04:56 PM
I actually read somewhere that there's a RUMOR that there might be a V8 in the "next" NSX..... whenever that is.

98Max
11-24-2002, 04:59 PM
There is plenty of aftermarket, but it's hard to find, expensive and may not be street legal. Most aftermarket parts are bolts and stuff, but mugen makes a number of other things, and I believe there's a turbo kit you can get, but I'm not sure:dunno:

Tuner1
11-24-2002, 05:12 PM
Is there any aftermarket support for the NSX besides the Comptech charger?

Tons of stuff! You can get ~320HP from the motor in NA form, and waaay more with FI. NSXs work realy well with the Comptech charger. For around $90k you can build a (used) NSX that will go head to head with more expensive new exotics like 911 TTs, 360s, Z06s, etc. Of course not everyone wants to spend $90k on a 10 year old car, but those who do end up with a great machine.

Don't worry soloracer and Rage, I know the same can be done with your 951s, but this is an NSX thread :D

Rob

drox
11-24-2002, 05:13 PM

I guess that would compensate for the shit kicking Acura/Honda got in 1991 and 1992 when they produced way more than there was demand for. There were brand new 1991's to be had as late as 1993. Honda really cut back production once they realized they were not going to sell as many.

I've followed the NSX since day one and love the looks of the car. I bought an 89 944 Turbo with the thought that I would drive it for awhile and then trade it off on an NSX. I finally found a 91 NSX and they wanted my 944 Turbo plus $30K for it. I took it for a test drive and was the most dissapointed man on the planet. The car just did not feel quick. The engine made lots of noise but there wasn't the shove in the back that my 944 had. I love the looks of the car but could not justify spending $30K for a car that felt like a poorer performer. My 944 Turbo is 2 years older than the NSX and other than styling I would suggest it outperforms it in almost every catagory. The NSX did not live up to all the hype that the magazines were pushing. Wow, not buying a car because it feels slower, but not having any hard proof is so stupid. Ever drive a z06? They dont feel nearly as fast as they really are. Does that mean I wouldnt buy one if I had the chance? HELL NO

GTS Jeff
11-24-2002, 07:01 PM
the nsx is a 13 second car, that isnt exactly slow. that said, the nsx was never meant to be a drag car in the first place.

it is still owning all the crazy japanese races against rx7s and skylines

buh_buh
11-24-2002, 07:04 PM
the nsx is a 13 second car, that isnt exactly slow. that said, the nsx was never meant to be a drag car in the first place.

that's because of the hp cap they have in Japan.
And look at the price of a RX-7 and Skyline vs. NSX.

GTS Jeff
11-24-2002, 07:08 PM

that's because of the hp cap they have in Japan.
And look at the price of a RX-7 and Skyline vs. NSX. i always wonder about that hp limitation...

and price isnt the thing im bringing up. what im saying is that even tho the chassis is 11 years old it can still hang with the best of the newer cars. its all about chassis tuning!

drox
11-24-2002, 07:30 PM
That hp limitation is in the past. The 350z came very close to that 300hp mark. The skyline was WAY under rated. Plus thats 285hp to 4 wheels. The new skylines (or one prototype) had a twin turbo v8 putting down 350-400hp or something. A car along those lines is what we are susposed to see, as far as the skyline goes. Its a shame, the GTR series is SOO nice and yet we will never see them :(

Fuck it. :nut: Im moving to New Zealand. Skyline GTR32's in flawless condition can be bought their for 36000$ NZ. The US dollar is literally worth twice as much. Thats 18000$ for a skyline, or about 26k for us :thumbsup:. Not bad at all.

Like Jeff Type R said, it is all about chassis tuning. A second gen rx7 can still hand most cars today their ass on a road course. Coincidence? No. Mazda spent a lot of time trying to perfect the car.

98Max
11-24-2002, 09:03 PM
drox and type r bring up a good point.... the chassis. To a select few in the sport compact world, there is more to a car than quater mile times. I personally couldn't care less how fast your mustang goes a quarter mile, since it is still ugly, and would be destroyed on a road course by a properly built honda/rx7/skyline/rsx/many others

GTS Jeff
11-24-2002, 09:09 PM
drox and type r bring up a good point.... the chassis. To a select few in the sport compact world, there is more to a car than quater mile times. I personally couldn't care less how fast your mustang goes a quarter mile, since it is still ugly, and would be destroyed on a road course by a properly built honda/rx7/skyline/rsx/many others lol, u just wait for some stang dude to rise up and be like "yada yada skidpad numbers...1.0g's yada yada"

98Max
11-24-2002, 09:28 PM
umm i garuntee(sp?) you skyline or evo can pull better numbers...prob a wrx too

soloracer
11-24-2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by drox
Wow, not buying a car because it feels slower, but not having any hard proof is so stupid. Ever drive a z06? They dont feel nearly as fast as they really are. Does that mean I wouldnt buy one if I had the chance? HELL NO

Actually I think it's stupider to buy a car based upon magazine stats without actually driving one. I could care less if the car in the magazines is proven to have a faster 1/4 mile or 0-60 time....if I'm not excited to drive it then there isn't much sense in me owning it is there? With over 400 hp on tap I imagine the Z06 is a fun car to drive but if it wasn't I wouldn't buy one either. Guess that's the difference between being a "driver" and a "poseur".

soloracer
11-24-2002, 09:36 PM

Not exactly true. Only the latest generation of NSX has 1/4 mile that is that quick. The earlier models were slower. I've seen quite a few japanese road race videos and if memory serves me correct the RX7 was actually the winner most times. Although on one video a Porsche cleaned house on all of them by a country mile.

soloracer
11-24-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by E36S50B32

Tons of stuff! You can get ~320HP from the motor in NA form, and waaay more with FI. NSXs work realy well with the Comptech charger. For around $90k you can build a (used) NSX that will go head to head with more expensive new exotics like 911 TTs, 360s, Z06s, etc. Of course not everyone wants to spend $90k on a 10 year old car, but those who do end up with a great machine.

Don't worry soloracer and Rage, I know the same can be done with your 951s, but this is an NSX thread :D

Rob

Admit it Rob, you're just wishing you kept your 951 aren't you? Heck, for about 1/2 the cost of a used, supercharged NSX I could build a 951 that would put it to shame. But I won't get into details...after all this is an NSX thread and not a 951 thread. ;)

GTS Jeff
11-24-2002, 09:46 PM

Not exactly true. Only the latest generation of NSX has 1/4 mile that is that quick. The earlier models were slower. I've seen quite a few japanese road race videos and if memory serves me correct the RX7 was actually the winner most times. Although on one video a Porsche cleaned house on all of them by a country mile. the fact that nsx is still raced against them is proof enuff of its capabilties

Joe Malms
11-24-2002, 11:17 PM
The nsx is a nice car, but the bottom line is:
IT IS DISGUSTINGLY OVERPRICED
enough said!

drox
11-25-2002, 07:58 AM

Actually I think it's stupider to buy a car based upon magazine stats without actually driving one. I could care less if the car in the magazines is proven to have a faster 1/4 mile or 0-60 time....if I'm not excited to drive it then there isn't much sense in me owning it is there? With over 400 hp on tap I imagine the Z06 is a fun car to drive but if it wasn't I wouldn't buy one either. Guess that's the difference between being a "driver" and a "poseur". Heh, the z06 is an extremely fun car to drive. But when you drive it, you dont feel like you're in a 12 second car. The chassis/suspension/gearing gives you a smooth ride. Thats why it feels slower, does that necessarily mean it is slower? Nope. It just means its more refined, one of the many reasons I cant afford one :banghead: lol

I never said buy a car based upon mag stats. I said go get some hard evidence yourself.