PDA

View Full Version : supra problem

cKSW20
10-16-2004, 04:25 PM
hello, i just got an 86.5 supra last night, and today i seem to have some problems with it. after driving it around quite a bit i was stoped at a light then the car just died on me, it would keep cranking and not start, then after about 10 mins of that it would have the faintness that it wanted to start just couldnt make it all the way over.. and finally it gets going agian, then about 2k down the road it happens agian, same problem, this time while i was rolling, so i do the same thing over, 20 mins later im on my way. the the 3rd time it happend i was looking at the temp, and it was 3/4 near hot, so i stoped looked at it, and drove away, and once agian, it died, this time only took about 10 mins to get going agian, so being very knew to the supra and this being the first one i have bought, i dont have a clue what it is. please help me.
thnx.

cKSW20
10-16-2004, 05:31 PM
:confused:

cKSW20
10-16-2004, 07:56 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :thumbsdow :zzz: :cry:

CelicaST-162
10-16-2004, 08:06 PM
When you said, the temp 3/4 hot...did it keep coming up? Did the car blow white smoke? Is there any coolant left in your rad or resevoir? If so what color coolant? Normal green? Look at your oil, is it its normal colour?

cKSW20
10-16-2004, 08:30 PM
no, the temp got 3/4 of the way to hot, then just droped down to normal temp... yes the car is blowing white smoke right now, but i belive it's the headgasket..? the oil is normal colour, just needs to be changed, also the coolent is full, both the rad and res, with green coolent

cKSW20
10-16-2004, 08:32 PM
but now having talked to the owner before me, she said it happend once going through some water, drounded the car out, but it turned over right away... any ways, when i was trying to get it started i think that from all the slush caked onto and under my car was some how effecting the intake, becuase when the car would get going a bit it would seem like it's being choked off, like a vac leak or no air situation.

SUPRAPHAT
10-16-2004, 10:02 PM
Sounds to me like a fuel filter is bad and your headgasket is toast.

Go buy yourself a compression tester at Canadian tire to make sure it is a blown headgasket cus they are definetly not fun to change!

Overall neither of the two are fun to change and I honestly wouldn't take it to most shops as they will bend you over but hey it's a good excuse to through in a Turbo 7m motor!

PM me if you wanna chat, I organize most of the supra meets in Calgary!

Thanks

Jason