PDA

View Full Version : more nigerian Scammers..

RickDaTuner
10-16-2004, 05:18 PM
got this in the mail today

TO BE THE NEXT OF KIN (URGENT AND CONFIRDENTIAL)
Atlas Bank Nigeria. PLC
Lagos Branch
Lagos, Nigeria
ALTERNATIVE Email:[email protected]
Attn:
Dear Sir,
I am THOMPSON EKET , Bill Manager of Atlas Bank Nigeria. PLC, Lagos Branch. I got your contact from the World Trade Center (W.T.C.) Regional office in Lagos, Nigeria although the details of my intention was not made known to them.
Actually, I know it will come to you as a surprise because we have not met
either physically or through correspondence. I have avery urgent and confidential business proposition for you for our overall mutual interest. On June 6 1997,an American Oil Consultant/Contractor with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Mr. Barry Kelly made a numbered time (fixed) deposit for twelve Calendar months, valued at USD$9,000,000.( million dollars) in my Branch. Uponmaturity, I sent a routine notification to his forwarding address but got no reply.
After a month, we sent a reminder and finally we discovered from his contract employers, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation that Mr. Barry Kelly died from an automobile accident. On further investigation I found out that he did not leave a will and all attempt to trace his next of kin were fruitless. I therefore made further investigation and discovered that Mr. Barry Kelly did not declare any next of kin in all his official documents, including his bank deposit paperwork. This sum ofUSD$9,000,000. is still sitting in the Bank and the interest is being rolled over with the principal sum at the end of each year. No one will come forward to claim it. According to Nigerian Law, at the expiration of 6 (six) years, the money will revert to the ownership of the Nigeria Government if nobody applies to claim the funds.
Consequently, my proposal is that I will like you as a foreigner to stand in as the next of kin of Mr.Barry Kelly so that the fruit of this old man labor will not get into the hands of some corrupt government officials. This is simple; {1) I will like you to provide me immediately with your full names and address so that the attorney will prepare the necessary documents and affidavits, which will put you in place as the next of kin.{ 2) We shall employ the services of two attorneys for drafting and notarization of the WILL and obtain the necessary documents and letter of probate/administration in your favor for the transfer.{3) A bank account in any part of the world, which you provide, will then facilitate the transfer of this money to you as the beneficiary/next of kin of Mr.Barry Kelly. The money will be paid into your account for us to share in the ratio of 60% for me and 40% for you.
There is no risk at all as all the paper work for this transaction will be done by the attorney and my position as the Branch Manager guarantees the successful execution of this transaction. If you are interested, please reply immediately via this private email address .Upon your response, I shall then provide you with more details and relevant documents that will help you understand. Please observe utmost confidentiality, and rest assured that this transaction would be most profitable for both of us because I shall require your assistance to invest my be share in your country.
Awaiting your urgent reply via this email address: [email protected] and please save me the anxiety of endless waiting.
God bless you.
Mr.THOMPSON EKET
Atlas Bank. PLC
Lagos,Nigeria

haha sheesh they will stop at nothing..

three.eighteen.
10-18-2004, 12:03 AM
get him to prove it by having him sing into his own shit like a microphone

SilverBoost
10-18-2004, 01:30 AM
I did this last year and now I'm rich! ;)

3G
10-18-2004, 11:37 AM
@walla.com :rolleyes: wat a goof

RickDaTuner
03-06-2007, 12:33 PM
Managing Partner (Jasper Chambers)
Johannesburg, South Africa
Tel: + 27 781 326 640

NOTIFICATION OF BEQUEST:

On behalf of the Trustees and Executor of the estate of Late Mr. Edwin Gabriel, I once again try to notify you as my earlier letter was
returned undelivered. I hereby attempt to reach you again by this same email address on the WILL. I wish to notify you that late Mr. Edwin Gabriel made you a beneficiary to his WILL. He left the sum of Ten Million Five Hundred Thousand Dollars (USD$10,500.000.00) to you in the codicil and last testament to his will.

This may sound strange and unbelievable to you, but it is real and
true. Being a widely traveled man, he must have been in contact with you in the past or simply you were nominated to him by one of his numerous friends abroad who wished you good. Mr. Edwin Gabriel until his death was a member of the Helicopter Society and the Institute of Electronic & Electrical Engineers. He was a very dedicated Christian who loved to give out. His great philanthropy earned him numerous awards during his life
time. Late Mr. Edwin Gabriel died on the 16th day of February 2004 at the age of 90 years and his WILL is now ready for execution. According to him this money is to support his Christian activities (may his soul rest with the Lord) and to help the poor and needy.

Please if I reach you as I am hopeful, endeavor to get back to me as soon as possible to enable me conclude my job. I hope to hear from you in no distant date.

Yours in His service,
Barrister John Jasper Esq.

NB: PLEASE ENDEAVOUR TO REPLY ON THIS E-MAIL ADDRESS. [email protected]

hahah this one is just a sad ass attempt at nothing...sure 10.5 million dollars, to me WOOOOT

5hift
03-06-2007, 02:50 PM
Lol after the first line I woulda known...

" URGENT AND CONFIRDENTIAL "

:rofl: you think they would have spell check

adam c
03-06-2007, 02:53 PM
heres mine

Krish Raj <[email protected]>
to me

show details
Mar 4 (2 days ago)
Dear (Insert My Name)

My name is Mr. Krishna Rajan,a legal practitioner with Negeri Sembilan Bar in Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia. I saw your contact and profile and decided that you could co-operate with me in this proposition. I have a client who was deceased in November 2001,in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

I am contacting you because you have the same surname as my deceased client and i felt that you could help me in the distribution of funds that were left in my deceased client's account.

This fund is close to been declared un-serviceable by the finance house as there were no indicated next of kin or next of beneficiary of the fund in the account,having remained dormant for long. The total amount of cash in the account of my deceased client is US$ 3.5Million (Three Million,Five Hundred Thousand United States dollars Only).

The bank had notified me to contact the next of kin of my deceased client,to make beneficiary claim of the fund in the account with a month surcharge of 6% to be deducted as an escrow safe keeping fee of the fund,so as to avoid the indefinite closure of the account.

My proposition to you is to seek your consent,and to present your kind self as the next-of-kin and beneficiary of my deceased client, since you have the same last name with him. This means that the proceeds of his account would be paid to you as his next of kin or the legitimate beneficiary.

When the proceeds in his bank account are paid to you, we would share the proceeds on a mutually agreed-upon percentage of 60% to me and 40% to your kind self.

All the legal documents to back up your claim as my client's next-of-kin would be povided by me. The most important thing I would need is your honest co-operation in this proposition.

This would be done under a legitimate arrangement that would protect you from any breach of the law. If this business proposition offends your Value,feel free to decline this proposal. Please contact me at once if you are interested by replying the mail.

Best regards,

Barr. Krishna Rajan.

Chester
03-06-2007, 06:14 PM
When I was in Nigeria you could see these scammers at work. A lot of them were university students and they would sit in computer cafes doin this shit. They must be making money off some stupid people though, cuz some of them were driving bimmers, benzs, you name it.

kevie88
03-06-2007, 06:19 PM
I can't believe people would fall for this shit, but obviously it works..

http://419eater.com/

Mar
03-06-2007, 06:53 PM
So how does it work? You open a bank account, give them the information, and they do what with it? There's no money to take out. :dunno:

Hakkola
03-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Chester
When I was in Nigeria you could see these scammers at work. A lot of them were university students and they would sit in computer cafes doin this shit. They must be making money off some stupid people though, cuz some of them were driving bimmers, benzs, you name it.

Now we know how you got that M3. ;)

Mixalot27
03-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Mar
So how does it work? You open a bank account, give them the information, and they do what with it? There's no money to take out. :dunno:

Once you agree to do it they start asking you for money. They will say for example that you need to send them $2000 to pay the taxes to get the money released. Or money for bank fees, etc. They get you to send the money Western Union and then they pocket it.

ercchry
03-06-2007, 07:38 PM
On June 6 1997...[snipe]... at the expiration of 6 (six) years, the money will revert to the ownership of the Nigeria Government if nobody applies to claim the funds.

if they are uni students you think that they could at least do math

aklalani
03-06-2007, 07:45 PM
i got one of these. they claimed that some guy died in spain with the exact same name as my dad and he left behind unclaimed money. haha. :bullshit:

asifka
03-06-2007, 09:05 PM
i got a fax

Euro_Trash
03-06-2007, 09:10 PM
I feel left out

Mixalot27
03-06-2007, 09:16 PM
^^pm me your email Euro, and I will attempt to scam you out of some money. :rofl: