PDA

View Full Version : WHAT?? S2000 slower than my Integra!!??

legendboy
11-23-2002, 02:22 PM
Yes, I think its true........I went down to Calgary Honda to pick up a part for Roland and one of my friends there let me test drive one of there used S2000's. I must say that the car was made for corners, driving was absoloutly solid and very balanced. But I am pretty disapointed in the flat out acceleration. It felt slow compaired to my car. Hmm.......for 240hp I would have expected more! But damn nice tho :thumbsup: Felt so much better than driving my beater :rofl:

gpomp
11-23-2002, 02:24 PM
Hmm, nothing Comptech can't fix. :thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
11-23-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
Hmm, nothing Comptech can't fix. :thumbsup:
haha yah then its Kenny saying: What?? AMG slower than s2000!!??
legendboy looking forward to having a look at your ride...keep up the great work:thumbsup:

max_boost
11-23-2002, 02:55 PM
haha sweet!
I think its time dyno the Teg to see the impressive gains!

SilverRex
11-23-2002, 03:11 PM
stange unless u modded your car.. perhaps the demo car prolly is over used and its not working properly... hehe after all a 5sec car acceleration should be noticable..:dunno:

Ekliptix
11-23-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by SilverRex
stange unless u modded your car.. perhaps the demo car prolly is over used and its not working properly... hehe after all a 5sec car acceleration should be noticable..:dunno:

he's boosting 12lbs

buh_buh
11-23-2002, 03:25 PM
the S2000 feels like it has no power until you hit VTEC.
I still :love: it.
Funnest car I've ever driven.

Redlyne_mr2
11-23-2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
the S2000 feels like it has no power until you hit VTEC.
I still :love: it.
Funnest car I've ever driven.
I would have assumed it would have been the gtp...being able to push a car to its absolute limit and never knowing what might happen must be such a rush:D

rage2
11-23-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by legendboy
Yes, I think its true........I went down to Calgary Honda to pick up a part for Roland and one of my friends there let me test drive one of there used S2000's. I must say that the car was made for corners, driving was absoloutly solid and very balanced. But I am pretty disapointed in the flat out acceleration. It felt slow compaired to my car. Hmm.......for 240hp I would have expected more! But damn nice tho :thumbsup: Felt so much better than driving my beater :rofl:

Line up with one, you'll be fairly surprised :D. Those S2K's feel slow, but they're awful fast. I thought SLK 32 would roast the Comptech S/C S2000, but it was dead even when ran side by side!

[GaGe]
11-23-2002, 08:31 PM
s2k feels slow, but it's pretty fast. :thumbsup:

GTS Jeff
11-23-2002, 08:58 PM
it only feels slow cuz it has the torque of a 2liter engine....but put the revs up and it will rip

SilverStreak
11-24-2002, 11:30 AM
when you line up against one, just continue to think it is slow. ;)

Pete92SL
11-24-2002, 01:20 PM
I saw a mustang rape it at the street races this year. It was really slow.

Pete

Audi Kid
11-24-2002, 01:46 PM
i drove one.......they arnt fast untill that baby hits vtec.........then its a kick in the pants

300rwhp
11-25-2002, 10:03 PM
IVE beat one. not that fast . but thats not what there made for right?:burnout: :burnout:
i saw one that was running in the 15's at race city

SilverStreak
11-25-2002, 10:14 PM
not that fast eh, more like the clown can't drive. I'd like to see you guys who knock it try to beat one a road course.

legendboy
11-25-2002, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by SilverStreak
not that fast eh, more like the clown can't drive. I'd like to see you guys who knock it try to beat one a road course.

lol, I hope he's not talking about me...

300rwhp
11-25-2002, 11:48 PM
did,t say i could beat him on a road course did I? neither did legend boy.
try reading the post alittle closer and you will see the part about how they are not meant for drag racing, because for drag racing they realy ARNT THAT FAST.

SmelltheRubber
11-26-2002, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by SilverStreak

Why do people say such stupid shit?? Buddy, are you going to pull up to a S2k at the lights and invite him over to the track on Saturday to see whos fastest?? Or are you gonna punch it then and there and see who wins? Seriously, unless your carrying a inflatable track with you at all times, who cares about track stuff. 99% of your encounters will be on the street, not on the track.

Dope Dealer
11-26-2002, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by SmelltheRubber

Buddy, are you going to pull up to a S2k at the lights and invite him over to the track on Saturday to see whos fastest??

Silver Streak owns an S2000. He should bring it to track day and then see who is fastest ;) S2000 is a track car, it will molest the Integra.

buh_buh
11-26-2002, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Dope Dealer

Silver Streak owns an S2000. He should bring it to track day and then see who is fastest ;) S2000 is a track car, it will molest the Integra.
uh... smelltherubber has a Mustang.

And for the record, Silverstreak would probably destroy Smelltherubber.

GTS Jeff
11-26-2002, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by 300rwhp
did,t say i could beat him on a road course did I? neither did legend boy.
try reading the post alittle closer and you will see the part about how they are not meant for drag racing, because for drag racing they realy ARNT THAT FAST. are u talking about straight line AGAIN?

Dope Dealer
11-26-2002, 01:39 AM

uh... smelltherubber has a Mustang.

And for the record, Silverstreak would probably destroy Smelltherubber.

I thought he was talking about Legendboy on the track, not his Mustang?

buh_buh
11-26-2002, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Dope Dealer

I thought he was talking about Legendboy on the track, not his Mustang?
ahhh now i see. haha. my bad.

legendboy
11-26-2002, 09:29 AM
I'm not sure where he got that. I commented on how good the s2k handled and how it was so much nicer and better than my beater. I just said that if I lined up with one at a set of lights it better be prepaired to look at my tail lights.

Seks
11-28-2002, 09:50 AM
Just want to point this out for the millionth times (ok not really but...)

s2000's are not meant to be a drag cars. You really gotta launch those suckers hard (and I'm talking about 6500 or so rpm launch) to get a good start. They are excellent from a roll though.

LaughingTiger
11-28-2002, 08:03 PM
Still, the s2000 is one of Honda's most impressive engines...

240hp on a 2L engine.................Shit....Imagine what they could do w/ turbo's, supers, or even built a V8....

300rwhp
11-28-2002, 10:44 PM
smell the rubber never said he could beat an s2000 in anyway. he just said that track skills don't help you on the street.

jeff: Im not that stupid. of course an s2000 could beat me on a road course, but if you read the thread from the beginning you will see that this whole time the issue has been that s2000 are not extremely fast in terms of acceleration. no one has been claiming to be faster than the s2000 on the track. weather or not you think strait line performance is important it makes a huge difference in the fun of driving a car if it goes like hell when you step on it.

buh_buh
11-29-2002, 01:05 AM
actually, track skills DO help you on the street.
You learn your car's limits on the track, and you can utilize that on the street.
Driving on the street isn't all about driving in a straight line.

GTS Jeff
11-29-2002, 03:37 AM
smell the rubber never said he could beat an s2000 in anyway. he just said that track skills don't help you on the street.

jeff: Im not that stupid. of course an s2000 could beat me on a road course, but if you read the thread from the beginning you will see that this whole time the issue has been that s2000 are not extremely fast in terms of acceleration. no one has been claiming to be faster than the s2000 on the track. weather or not you think strait line performance is important it makes a huge difference in the fun of driving a car if it goes like hell when you step on it. hehe i know man, im just buggin u...its all good

SmelltheRubber
11-29-2002, 01:55 PM
Shit I fell way behind on this post...
As for the S2000's optimum launch, I could swear I've read somewhere that in order to get the advertised 5.5 sec 0-60 launch, you need to rev to 8000rpm and go. In my own personal opinion, I dont think a S2k would last all that long if you have launch at such a high rpm.

Audi Kid
11-29-2002, 02:10 PM
the street is every mans race way haha :thumbsdow

///M Power
11-29-2002, 02:40 PM
Yeah thats the problem with those S2000's, you really don't get the power into you hit high revs. Still an amazing car though, I'd take a 350Z over it any day though.

ConVict
11-29-2002, 05:19 PM
Well I am with the guys who say they are slow! I was playing with one once on deerfoot... There was traffic so we never had a full out race! But I was there and I know what happened and it hardly kept up!:dunno:

buh_buh
11-29-2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by ConVict
Well I am with the guys who say they are slow! I was playing with one once on deerfoot... There was traffic so we never had a full out race! But I was there and I know what happened and it hardly kept up!:dunno:
a S2000 is faster than a 15 second car even though its not a drag car.
I don't know how your top end is, but that's where all the power is in the s2k. So I don't think he was really racing you.

ConVict
11-29-2002, 05:46 PM
Well my 15.0 is underrated.. That was with 18's and a horrible 60 Foot... All my power is up high I am turbo non the less! Man I kept with a Bran new Ram Air Trans Up High
I have seen Turboed Probes pull 14.1 and 14.2 with traps of 93mph And I weigh about 2000 pounds

SilverStreak
11-29-2002, 06:15 PM
The best stock times of the S2000 is 5.5 0-60 and 13.9 1/4 mile.
This is at sea level of course but by no means are they slow especially punching it at deerfoot speeds.

ConVict
11-29-2002, 06:20 PM
How much do s2k's wiegh ? Because with their low TQ numbers woudnt a passenger, or groceries in the back REALLY affect you ?
Not saying thats what happened just wondering ?

SilverStreak
11-29-2002, 10:38 PM
2800lbs.

Yes a fat passenger would hamper performance. :thumbsdow

ConVict
11-29-2002, 11:59 PM
Ok well I dont understand why you think I woudnt be able to beat it... My car wieghs 800 pounds less... has a 100 more pounds of tq and about 20 hp less ?!?!? :dunno:

2000impreza
11-30-2002, 12:49 AM
so your saying your probe weighs 2000lbs??? :bullshit: thats less than what a crx weighs

B18C
11-30-2002, 02:14 AM
Well my 15.0 is underrated.. That was with 18's and a horrible 60 Foot... All my power is up high I am turbo non the less! Man I kept with a Bran new Ram Air Trans Up High
I have seen Turboed Probes pull 14.1 and 14.2 with traps of 93mph And I weigh about 2000 pounds

What do you mean your 15.0 is underrated?

That is your best time isn't it? Sure 93mph is high for a 15.0 but that is the BEST you have ever ran at the track so I don't get it.

And there is no way your car weighs less than 2000lbs.

James
11-30-2002, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by 2000impreza
so your saying your probe weighs 2000lbs??? :bullshit: thats less than what a crx weighs

yeah man, my car wieghs 2350lbs....unless you have Taken out ALOT of shit, that is pretty damn hard to Beleive that you car only Weighs 2000:rolleyes:

buh_buh
11-30-2002, 05:49 AM
its believable.
my car weighs 1500lbs.

CRXguy
11-30-2002, 10:06 AM
its believable.
my car weighs 1500lbs.

Yeah, if you weighed only the chassis.:tongue:

buh_buh
11-30-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy

Yeah, if you weighed only the chassis.:tongue:
haha, i think just the chassis weighs more than that.:D

ConVict
11-30-2002, 02:19 PM
It is underrated BECAUSE... that was my first time at the track, I try to tell my self I am a good driver but I boged pretty much everytime I luanched the whole night..My best 60 foot was a 2.38 and if i dropped it to a respectable 2.25 i would drop at least .3-4 of a second... My times got better and better the whole night cause I was learning.... I had SUPER heavy 18's on... My back left tire was deflated ( due to a metal spike I got on the way there ) didnt deflate my fronts for better times, I had a pretty large tank of gas in (70%).... And 95 mph was my average Trap Speed... Just that 15.0 at 93.4 was my best run! I got the same traps speeds as probes running 14.2 with there 14 inch wheels on..... So I BELIEVE its underrated!
my stock wieght is 2600.. with mechanical seats that wiegh a 100 pounds each. Which i took out and put racing seats... No spare tire or jack, no interior panels no nothing after the front seats.. back seat removed... stuff like antenna motor and antenna was removed, back motor for the wiper all removed! so i just guessed at a CLOSE to 2000 pounds...SO its probably more like 2300
Also after my track day I had MSD ignition and coil installed and a cone filter ( not saying its much ) But thats when I raced the S2000

buh_buh
11-30-2002, 02:35 PM
it can't be underrated if you didn't actually run the car.:rolleyes:
Ive seen a guy with a Prelude run 18's, but does that mean his run is underrated because typical times are in the low-mid 15's? No, it means he's a shitty driver. And I'm pretty sure your seats don't weigh 100lbs each, since most stock seats probably weigh 50lbs at the most. And even then that is a VERY high estimate on how much weight you lost. And according to Edmunds.com, your car actually weighs 2731lbs. So I'm guessing your car probably weighs 2550-2600lbs.
And just because you have mods that you haven't put on, doesn't mean you should run any faster.
I could say my 15 is underrated because I have a 600hp (for example:rolleyes: ) motor sitting in my garage. I should be running 10's when I strip my whole car to its bare chassis and throw this motor in.

CRXguy
11-30-2002, 03:06 PM
pulling out interior parts dont mean shit. do you know where most of the weight is from? sound deadening material. i removed most of that crap in the hatch of my car, and it was more than the rear compartment, spare tire/jack, rear panels, and speakers combined.

even if you did remove that junk, you still WONT be close to 2000lbs!

szw
11-30-2002, 04:25 PM
that shit is hard to scrape off

ConVict
11-30-2002, 04:26 PM
I said i was guessing... adn when thinking of it better its around 2300 ... I looked on the STRIPE on my car and IT says 2617....
I didnt say my 15 was underrated because i got new mods AFTER... i said i had new mods on my car when i raced the s2000
And yes it was my BAD driving that got me the 15.0 and other factors... But i know if i practised it would drop quite a bit!
just like if a guy with a 500 hp viper shows up... and pulls a 18.. of course its UNDERRATED cause he cant drive worth shit...
you know what underrated means... means thats the TIME you got is slow, but the CAR can do better !!!! Thats what I meant by it...
Look I dont care if you dont think I can take an S2000 whoppty do
no one believed me when i posted about the Ram Air TransAM
and no one believes me about my Fe3 swap...
Doesnt mean it isnt true... and doesnt mean i got proof coming out of my ass about street encounters...
didnt think you guys would get defensive about it...
If worse comes to worse we can write a rain cheque and we can get witness's next time and ill race one... I DONT CARE
my posts always get into this stuff... people think my probe blows ass... and i can understand that! But I am not LIEING to you guys:nut:

ConVict
11-30-2002, 04:32 PM
Whats the trap speed on the 1/4 for a S2000

SilverStreak
11-30-2002, 06:10 PM
Again at sea level, the S2000 trap speed is 99mph.

ConVict
11-30-2002, 06:23 PM
So if you raise the elevation 3700 feet... You think it might lower to lets see... um.. maybe... 93-95 MPH :rolleyes:

buh_buh
11-30-2002, 07:50 PM
So if you raise the elevation 3700 feet... You think it might lower to lets see... um.. maybe... 93-95 MPH :rolleyes:

ok, so say it is 93-95 mph. You basically told us you roasted a S2k in the top end.

But I was there and I know what happened and it hardly kept up!:dunno:

But according to your evidence that is supposed to be supporting your argument, it proves that you did NOT in fact beat the S2k by a lot (if you even did) and if that's possible, then there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY you beat a "Brand new Ram Air Trans"

300rwhp
11-30-2002, 11:35 PM
just for the record anybody can pull a crappy time in a fast car.

but i saw an s2000 run mid 15's all night at race city.
convict i dont think your going to improve on your 1/4 time by very much if any. you are front frive and turbo so you probably dont have to many traction problems, therefore you have no real reasons to think that you will get to much faster.

ConVict
11-30-2002, 11:43 PM
First Off I said I was in traffic.. And it wasnt a full out race! If he doesnt know how to drive, or is to pussy to punch it in traffic that aint my problem! is my experience was it didnt keep up, and it didnt! I will take a lie detector test! I had TO much traction at the track... Ill show you if you want me to send you the video of me racing.. I sqweele , it catchs, i bog BAD.... happened all night!
But this is all bench shit, my car is parked so lets just leave this for next season..I wont go no where :thumbsup:
Also with adding the mods I did WOULD have dropped my quarter down, not sure how much! But no one in here can tell me an MSD IGNITION, COIL, and CONE FILTER wont help out even a little bit...

Shit rage raced a Probe in his turboed porshe on deerfoot and IT kept up... you guys just think probes are slow and are being pretty closeminded I think... I really am not arguing just trying to get you guys to see but I dont think its going to happen !
If you like you can ask Mike ( AUDIKID ) I roasted his 5 cyl when i was stock... before i took the boost from 6 to 15, before the msd, before my exhaust, before my wieght reduction and messing with my timing!

Hope you guys are having a good night and keepig this a DISCUSSION and not an argument... :D

max_boost
12-01-2002, 06:15 AM
Shoulda
Coulda
Woulda

Blah.....15.0 still is 15.0.....
Any car can beat any car depending on driver so what the hell......hahaha

Not every race will be under the perfect ideal conditions, so just take it as it is! haha

CRXguy
12-01-2002, 11:23 AM
First Off I said I was in traffic.. And it wasnt a full out race! If he doesnt know how to drive, or is to pussy to punch it in traffic that aint my problem! is my experience was it didnt keep up, and it didnt!

So let me get this straight. There was traffic, you went, but he didn't, so you think he's "pussy" and that he can't drive, and you call it a win? OK there sport.:rolleyes:

If you like you can ask Mike ( AUDIKID ) I roasted his 5 cyl when i was stock... before i took the boost from 6 to 15, before the msd, before my exhaust, before my wieght reduction and messing with my timing!

Mike is slow. Period. That's a stupid comparison.:tongue: I "roasted" him too. Does that mean I can beat you? No, well maybe.:D

max_boost
12-01-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy

So let me get this straight. There was traffic, you went, but he didn't, so you think he's "pussy" and that he can't drive, and you call it a win? OK there sport.:rolleyes:

[/b]

Mike is slow. Period. That's a stupid comparison.:tongue: I "roasted" him too. Does that mean I can beat you? No, well maybe.:D [/B]

Yah CRXguy, you beat me to 100km/h but does that mean your faster than me? No, my car was faster at the time......haha 3rd gear but those days are over.........

Dam Convict, so many factors go into these so called races, I think you should let off a bit before you get flamed even more:rofl:

buh_buh
12-01-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Yah CRXguy, you beat me to 100km/h but does that mean your faster than me? No, my car was faster at the time......haha 3rd gear but those days are over.........

haha, those are called "lack of skillz":D :thumbsup:

ConVict
12-01-2002, 06:42 PM
Ok first off... I dont just gun it and say I BEAT things... we went BACK and FORTH for at least 5 minutes... when traffic opened up we both went at it I KNOW he was going hard unless he likes going more then a 180 on deerfoot
!SOME! of you guys think you are in your own little world... you interpret a story the way YOU think it is... so thats the way it is... then make stupid ass comments cause YOU think YOUR right...
I dont think I will post in the thread anymore cause its proven to be pretty pointless... I didnt want this to get into a flaming thing so I apologize to all the victims :D

300rwhp
12-02-2002, 09:38 PM
dude saying that you have too much traction is a pretty lame excuse. to solve that problem all would have to launch at a higher rpm, or learn how to launch properly. out of your list of mods you stated that will help you next year; msd ignition- no, but it will make your car run smoother, coil- sorry but hell no, air filter- yes that will help ( about 3-5hp). all in all learning how to launch is the only thing that will currently help your time.
i have installed an aftermarket coil on my car- no performance gain, i have helped my buddy install his msd digital 6 ignition system on his 96 stang and it is a nice system for tuning but no noticiable performance gains in the 1/4
what kind of intake system are oyu using right now? stock? shoud have improves you intake before your exhaust. or at least that would be what i would have done

B18C
12-02-2002, 10:30 PM
Convict: I'm not saying you are a liar or anything. I don't think you really have a reason to lie. From your experience, you beat an S2000 and you beat a new Trans Am. That's fine. It's this "underrated" 15.0 that I'm wondering about.

I personally think it's a silly comment. If that is the best time you ran at the track, that is the best time you ran at the track - period. It doesn't matter that you had heavy rims, a full tank of gas, no traction, or whatever. There are really NO excuses. Hell, every time I have ran my car it has been with a full interior (including spare), 17" rims, and a heat soaked blower. Could I run faster with 14's? Most likely. Could I run faster with a stripped interior? Probably. How about if I put ice on my manifold and blower before every race? I think so. But the bottom line is I have never done it.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda doesn't matter. What does matter will have a timeslip to back it up.

ConVict
12-03-2002, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by B18C
Convict: I'm not saying you are a liar or anything. I don't think you really have a reason to lie. From your experience, you beat an S2000 and you beat a new Trans Am. That's fine. It's this "underrated" 15.0 that I'm wondering about.

I personally think it's a silly comment. If that is the best time you ran at the track, that is the best time you ran at the track - period. It doesn't matter that you had heavy rims, a full tank of gas, no traction, or whatever. There are really NO excuses. Hell, every time I have ran my car it has been with a full interior (including spare), 17" rims, and a heat soaked blower. Could I run faster with 14's? Most likely. Could I run faster with a stripped interior? Probably. How about if I put ice on my manifold and blower before every race? I think so. But the bottom line is I have never done it.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda doesn't matter. What does matter will have a timeslip to back it up.

Thats a 100% true, Cant argue with that :thumbsup:
And I KEPT with a Trans Am.. When we raced off the line he took me pretty good :thumbsdow
and 300whp Not sure about your buddy but I felt a really nice gain from my pack and coil...

Joe Malms
12-04-2002, 04:01 AM
a ram air runs 99-103mph traps bone stock
i dont think the guy driving knew what he was doing or was maybe taking it a bit light

lammer
12-04-2002, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by B18C

well said b18c.

ConVict
12-04-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Joe Malms
a ram air runs 99-103mph traps bone stock
i dont think the guy driving knew what he was doing or was maybe taking it a bit light

Well ya thats what I thought... We raced on Deerfoot and was PERFECTLY even... I thought it was just the 6 cause i knew the v8 were fast... But we pulled to the lights and he was :drool: about how I kept up cause he has the V8... Then we raced off the lights and I kept pretty good... He had a car length by 4th...
So I think he cant drive... Cause I am pretty sure the 6 isnt that fast is it ?!?!

max_boost
12-04-2002, 07:44 PM
haha its all good.....its all for fun anywayz

szw
12-04-2002, 07:57 PM
I don't really see a problem with him saying his time was "underrated". Perhaps underrated is a bad word to use, I just read it as "I'm hoping my time will be lower in the spring". True or not, after doing some mods, thats basically what he/we are hoping for.

300rwhp
12-07-2002, 10:43 PM
"Not sure about your buddy but I felt a really nice gain from my pack and coil..."

its all in your head.

Ekliptix
12-07-2002, 10:57 PM
"Not sure about your buddy but I felt a really nice gain from my pack and coil..."

its all in your head.

or wallet

StraightFlush
12-07-2002, 11:46 PM
"I said i was guessing... adn when thinking of it better its around 2300 ... I looked on the STRIPE on my car and IT says 2617...."

I just wanted to add something after reading this line...

I am pretty sure the weight you just read was DRY weight. Meaning thats what your car will weigh with no fluids whats so ever...including oil, gas, antifreeze etc...

Start filling your car up to spec with fluids and watch that number rise pretty quick into the 2700+ pound range...

Toms-Celica
12-08-2002, 01:55 AM
Yea, what he said...

ConVict
12-12-2002, 05:59 PM
I know this is long and dead.. But I was reading car and driver today. Found it quite intresting because it told me that the FASTEST they could pull a 1/4 with a s2000 hard top which is LIGHTER then a regular S2000 was a 14.9 at 95MPH ...
If you dont believe me go read it yourself... Not sure if it was at sea level or what not.. But a Pro driver got .1 second faster then me in the 1/4 and you guys are laughing at me cause I told you I can take one... Pfft... especially when my downfall to the 1/4 is my launch, NOT my top end...

Woodson2
12-12-2002, 06:07 PM
ConVict, thanks. Thank you for the entertaining posts. I haven't laughed like that in a long time.

Beaten any Vipers lately?

ConVict
12-12-2002, 06:26 PM
not in the last couple of weeks , but they wont even see me coming !

SilverStreak
12-12-2002, 06:37 PM
I know this is long and dead.. But I was reading car and driver today. Found it quite intresting because it told me that the FASTEST they could pull a 1/4 with a s2000 hard top which is LIGHTER then a regular S2000 was a 14.9 at 95MPH ...
If you dont believe me go read it yourself... Not sure if it was at sea level or what not.. But a Pro driver got .1 second faster then me in the 1/4 and you guys are laughing at me cause I told you I can take one... Pfft... especially when my downfall to the 1/4 is my launch, NOT my top end...

The S2000 with a hardtop is heavier than a normal S and the test car wasn't broken in.

Review last years C&D numbers for the S and they are dramatically faster, wonder why they can't drive this year:dunno:

Hollywood
12-12-2002, 11:49 PM
I cant understand why you guys harping on convict, he says some "interesting/easily disagreeable" things time to time, but if a person no matter who ran 15.0, there is no reason why he/she should not be able to get in the 14's, specially after a weight reduction and a few mods.

When I was race city with my stock 240, I raced the 240 hatch backs and coupes which had cone filters and exhaust and 100-200lbs less. No matter what I did they had me every time pulling away from me in the 2nd 1/8th mile........picture me doing the "seat jerk", you know the magic jerk that makes you think your making your car go faster, while someone goes by you. Hehehe

LUDELVR
12-13-2002, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Hollywood
you know the magic jerk that makes you think your making your car go faster, while someone goes by you. Hehehe

I think I've seen the driver of an amg do that while racing a bimmer.

StraightFlush
12-13-2002, 12:51 AM
Speaking of S2000's, anyone ever seen any run at Race City? What kind of times/trap speeds were they hitting??