PDA

View Full Version : So whos going to Sait, introduce yourself, and your thoughts on it so far?

GucciBoy
10-16-2004, 08:52 PM
What are you taking and how are you liking it?

Im 23, first year taking DGC. Completed the 7th week, and Im taking the wrong course. Its too technical for me, and I want to get more creative. It sucks, cant drop out now. :(

So how's that for my introduction? :thumbsdow

Toms-SC
10-16-2004, 09:43 PM
Sure you can drop out, just dont go!

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53971

First year network engineering stundent

EmJay
10-16-2004, 10:08 PM
19 years old, Second semester ct student. Its a difficult course and im struggling in java, but other than that i like it.

EmJay

crazyning
10-16-2004, 10:17 PM
22. Taking Accelerated Accounting Courses. Will be finished the diploma at the end of December, and maybe even considering taking CGA courses along with the Accounting Degree at SAIT.

Also finished the CT diploma at the end of 2003. CT is good, you'll like Alex, and Randolph.

Alex is especially good because he lectures about the Mythical Man-Month which seems to be the basis for all his lectures, but is completely irrelevant in that he doesn't know what he's talking about. Reminds me of George Castanza. :)

GucciBoy
10-16-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
Sure you can drop out, just dont go!

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53971

First year network engineering stundent

Well apparently I just missed the deadline for where you still qualify for getting your full tuition back. Anyways, the course isn't bad, I suppose it could be alot worse. But I was hoping for something that will allow me to show my creativity and express my true colours. I guess this doesn't come until the 2nd year.:( I would have looked into ACAD, if there VC course wasn't 4 years.

GucciBoy
10-16-2004, 10:38 PM
One thing I haven't looked into quite fully yet is the clubs and group projects or organizations that SAIT offers. Do any of you know? I feel this would be an easier way to meet people.

wildrice
10-16-2004, 10:49 PM
17yr old First year Computer engineering tech student

not bad, so far.
hella midterms in a week though

:thumbsdow

Davetronz
10-16-2004, 10:58 PM
21 year old 4th semester Computer Engineering Tech Student

I really like SAIT and I would love to come back and teach there or take another course. It has been the best two years of my life, met a lot of great people and had some great times and experiences :thumbsup:

GucciBoy
10-16-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by wildrice
17yr old First year student in Computer engineering tech student

not bad, so far.
hella midterms in a week though

:thumbsdow

Ya I know, so soon :drama:

GucciBoy
10-16-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by FastDak318
21 year old 4th semester Computer Engineering Tech Student

I really like SAIT and I would love to come back and teach there or take another course. It has been the best two years of my life, met a lot of great people and had some great times and experiences :thumbsup:

I heard over 3000 students attend SAIT.

Melinda
10-17-2004, 03:14 AM
over 10,000 are actually registered per year, but these include apprentice students, distance learning, ect.

SilentGiant
10-17-2004, 11:28 AM
sup,

I am 25 and taking

Network Engineering Program...NNT or NET or whatever they want to call it this week...

really enjoying it so far. Much better to me than University ever was.

Find it not to hard at the moment, probably because I have done most of it for my job before I went back to school. Next semester and semesters 3 and 4 I might be whining a bit more ;P

4CylFiero
10-17-2004, 11:50 AM
1st year electrical engineering for me, Hella mid terms for me too, I have 4 mid terms next week.

GucciBoy
10-17-2004, 01:50 PM
welcome.

How are you finding the extra ciricular activities that SAIT offers so far? clubs, groups, etc.

4CylFiero
10-17-2004, 04:11 PM
I have no extra curricular activities, just kinda going with the flow, studying pretty hard and drinking more then planned, you have to be careful about who you become friends with. LOL, nah my classmates kick ass, although i might miss some of them next year.

GucciBoy
10-17-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by 4CylFiero
I have no extra curricular activities, just kinda going with the flow, studying pretty hard and drinking more then planned, you have to be careful about who you become friends with. LOL, nah my classmates kick ass, although i might miss some of them next year.

:clap:

seer_claw
10-19-2004, 03:35 PM
23, in the middle of midterms for Civil Engineering Technology. Play floor hockey with some guys from class and drink way too much. :rolleyes: :D Wanted to play either hockey or soccer but decided to go for the marks instead.

edit: Oh ya, part of the Civil Eng Club and I am building a concrete toboggan to race at the UofA in Feb. 50/50 Tickets for sale in the heart building at noon tomorrow. Please stop by and support our efforts to kick UofC butt. :thumbsup: