PDA

View Full Version : FS: '90 Laser/Eclipse w 16g

90_Shelby
10-17-2004, 12:44 PM
1990 Plymouth Laser RS w/ Eclipse Conversion (FWD)
~271,000 km on body
~140,000 km on new dealer replaced engine

$4800 obo

Interior mods:

Cockpit adjustable dual stage boost controller
Cockpit adjustable barometric pressure sensor potentiometer (lean / rich)
HKS peak hold electronic boost gauge
Pioneer CD deck
Levoc shift knob
Razo Racing pedals
Autometer Air Fuel Guage
Knock LED
Alpine 6x9's rear, Alpine 5.25" w/1" tweeters in door. Alpine 4" speakers in dash.

Exterior mods:

92-94 Talon spoiler
92-94 Laser door moldings and side skirts
89-91 Eclipse Tailights Conversion and front garnish
90-91 Talon swirl rims w/BFG VR4 All season rubber (~60% tread)

Engine mods:

Buschur Racing 16G turbo, ported and clipped 10 degrees
Extreme upper intercooler piping
Open element K&N mated to Dejon Racing intake to turbo pipe
Dejon compressor outlet pipe
Blaha modified mass airflow meter
Dodge Stealth twin turbo fuel pump
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution fuel injectors
2.5" press bent downpipe and cat bypass
2.25" mandrel bent cat-back exhaust with Ultraflo muffler
Centerforce Dual Friction clutch (replaced last summer)

Braking And Suspension Upgrades:

Dodge Stealth NT dual piston calipers and rotors (“big brake” upgrade)
Stainless steel brake lines (front only)
H&R progressive lowering springs
KYB GR-2 gas charged struts
RActive front strut tower brace

PM me for more details etc.

90_Shelby
10-17-2004, 10:54 PM
This thing has got to go.

It has gone a best of 13.8@104mph

trikypenguin
10-17-2004, 11:57 PM
would u take $4000? and is the car mechanically sound or does anything need fixing or replacing now or anytime soon?

90_Shelby
10-18-2004, 07:45 AM
PM sent.

slowazzporsche
10-19-2004, 08:12 AM
do you need the money or lookin for another car?

d-UNiT
10-19-2004, 10:07 AM
front/back views of the car?.. i want to see how you incorporated the eclipse..

bump for sweet right

civicluva
10-19-2004, 10:19 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

90_Shelby
10-19-2004, 11:46 AM
I have no room for the car and I need money for school, I have a beater to drive so I'm not looking for another car.

Exterior Mods states what the car has on it from an Eclipse.

The car also has new front struts, new alternator, new starter, etc.

90_Shelby
10-20-2004, 09:05 PM
Bump

90_Shelby
10-22-2004, 12:51 PM
Bump

\JCAR/
10-22-2004, 12:58 PM
quick question whats the shape of the motor mounts

90_Shelby
10-22-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by \JCAR/
quick question whats the shape of the motor mounts

Like the actual geometrical shape of the mounts?

LancerShelby
10-22-2004, 08:22 PM
Bump for a fast ride:thumbsup:

DSM Power
10-23-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by 90_Shelby

2.5" press bent downpipe and cat bypass
2.25" mandrel bent cat-back exhaust with Ultraflo muffler

:banghead:

ixlr8
10-24-2004, 06:25 PM
Bump for a great guy and a nice car!

:thumbsup:

Talonstylz
10-24-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by DSM Power

:banghead:

Oh no:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Dj_FL!PSW!TCH
10-24-2004, 07:26 PM
i dont get it

Curtis
10-24-2004, 09:10 PM
I believe they are referring to the press bends not being 'mandrel bends' and the change in the exhaust diameter after the pressed-bent downpipe :eek:

either way, bump!

Talonstylz
10-24-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Curtis
I believe they are referring to the press bends not being 'mandrel bends' and the change in the exhaust diameter after the pressed-bent downpipe :eek:

either way, bump!

Yes you got it right, that is the worst exhaust setup i have ever heard of. again:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

90_Shelby
10-25-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Talonstylz

Yes you got it right, that is the worst exhaust setup i have ever heard of. again:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

The worst exhaust system you have ever heard of........... that much worse than a stock system hey? do you have dyno numbers to back up your claim that it's the worst exhaust system ever? I've personally dyno tested countless exhaust systems on several different makes and models, crushed bent to mandrel bent exhaust systems don't make near the difference people claim especially at the power levels of this car. I'll give you a quick example of one very high powered car and the difference an exhaust system made. '70 Chevelle with a 635rwhp NA 540 big block Chevy. The difference between a 3" dual exhaust with crushed pipes and Flowmaster mufflers to open headers was 3rwhp. Thats it.

This exhaust system on my Laser was also good enough to run high 13's, thats good enough for me.

Please keep your criticism to yourself and out of my for sale ad. That is extremely bad taste, and makes DSM guys look bad.

Talonstylz
10-25-2004, 06:04 PM

The worst exhaust system you have ever heard of........... that much worse than a stock system hey? do you have dyno numbers to back up your claim that it's the worst exhaust system ever? I've personally dyno tested countless exhaust systems on several different makes and models, crushed bent to mandrel bent exhaust systems don't make near the difference people claim especially at the power levels of this car. I'll give you a quick example of one very high powered car and the difference an exhaust system made. '70 Chevelle with a 635rwhp NA 540 big block Chevy. The difference between a 3" dual exhaust with crushed pipes and Flowmaster mufflers to open headers was 3rwhp. Thats it.

This exhaust system on my Laser was also good enough to run high 13's, thats good enough for me.

Please keep your criticism to yourself and out of my for sale ad. That is extremely bad taste, and makes DSM guys look bad.

Yes i do have dyno numbers, i have pretty much the same setup as you except for a 3" mendral bent exhaust putting 298 whp and 296wtq. Remember this is at the wheels!:tongue: dont believe me pm me your e-mail and i'll send you a copy of the dyno sheets. Also it was 91 octane.

ole dsm
10-25-2004, 06:59 PM
bump for a nice dsm:bigpimp: :rofl:

Wrath
10-25-2004, 07:47 PM

Atta Boy........ Real Classy.

Cut a car down in a for sale thread.......If this that kind of "help" the DSM Bro's give each other :rolleyes:

Talonstylz
10-25-2004, 07:51 PM
hey, the price for that car is awsome with the mods and shape its in, i'm just saying the exhaust needs work.:thumbsup:

plus there free bumps:burnout:

90_Shelby
10-25-2004, 07:52 PM

Yes i do have dyno numbers, i have pretty much the same setup as you except for a 3" mendral bent exhaust putting 298 whp and 296wtq. Remember this is at the wheels!:tongue: dont believe me pm me your e-mail and i'll send you a copy of the dyno sheets. Also it was 91 octane.

Is that a dyno sheet of my exhaust system vs a stock exhaust system? So, what would your dyno sheet be proving............

It's almost like you think that I will be impressed by your dyno numbers.........

Talonstylz
10-25-2004, 07:57 PM

Is that a dyno sheet of my exhaust system vs a stock exhaust system? So, what would your dyno sheet be proving............

It's almost like you think that I will be impressed by your dyno numbers.........

well we have the same setup, cept your turbo is ported and clipped, and the exhuast, so what numbers do you make on pump gas with that exhaust? thats my point. i'm not trying to impress you. i'm trying to make a point.

90_Shelby
10-25-2004, 08:06 PM
So that would potentially be a comparison between my exhaust and your exhaust correct?

You stated that my exhaust is the "worst exhaust system ever"

If anyones is concerned with the exhaust system shouldn't they wonder if it is an improvement from a stock system, which would be the worst-case scenario? Therefore being that a stock exhaust would hypothetically be "the worst exhaust system ever"......

Who gives a fuck as long as it's better than stock. I'm trying to sell a car, this is not a thread asking how I can make more power or make my car faster. I'm extremely capable of covering those bases myself.

You said it yourself, "the price for that car is awsome with the mods and shape its in" so why do I care that a different exhaust system might make a little more power?

Talonstylz
10-25-2004, 08:10 PM
Just don't understand the reason you have 2.5' press bent downpipe with a 2.25" mendral bent exaust, why not all the same thing? What was the reason for that choice?

90_Shelby
10-25-2004, 08:23 PM
Just don't understand the reason you have 2.5' press bent downpipe with a 2.25" mendral bent exaust, why not all the same thing? What was the reason for that choice?

I'm the second owner of this car since the original guy modified it (both of whom I'm friends with). I have personally done nothing to this car performance-wise.

P.S. Are you interested in buying this car? If not, WHY THE FUCK DO YOU CARE SO MUCH ABOUT IT!!!!!!!:nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut:

ixlr8
10-26-2004, 05:20 PM

P.S. Are you interested in buying this car? If not, WHY THE FUCK DO YOU CARE SO MUCH ABOUT IT!!!!!!!:nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut:

AMEN!

Here's a solution for you buddy! Buy the car and throw on a full 3" turbo-back. Then you'll be able to relax!

:rolleyes:

Talonstylz
10-26-2004, 05:50 PM
would never buy a car with almost 300k

ole dsm
10-27-2004, 06:28 PM
would never buy a car with almost 300k

just out of curiosity how old are u?

12?

from the way u talk it seems like u have almost no experience with any car. u seem like the kind of person that goes out and buys something just cuz someone said it was good." a word of mouth shopper".......like a cow following the heard.....

free bump cuz i like the color of that dsm:thumbsup: :)

mazda_maniac
10-28-2004, 07:07 PM
I don't understand........you said you've dyno tested numerous exhausts yet you did nothing performancewise to this car? :confused:

ixlr8
10-29-2004, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by mazda_maniac
I don't understand........you said you've dyno tested numerous exhausts yet you did nothing performancewise to this car? :confused:

Why would he, it is just his daily driver. His race car is in the 11's and the focus is on that!

What the hell is with all the extra BS in this thread. Let the man sell the car. If you don't like it, don't buy it, or better yet, buy it and change it.

90_Shelby
10-29-2004, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by mazda_maniac

"Dyno tested numerous exhaust systems"........ I modify cars for a living, I've been doing it for 5 years, we dyno test a lot of products on a lot of cars, in other words, I don't want to work on my own car. I get enough of "making cars go fast" on a daily basis.

P.S. THis is a for sale ad, but I may be releasing a book soon entitled, "MY life, owning My Laser" it should be out in a couple weeks. If you have any more questions that are not related to the sale of this car, please wait until my book comes out, it will answer all of your questions and concerns.:drama: :drama: :drama: :drama: :drama: :drama: :drama:

bundi
10-29-2004, 03:09 PM
lol PWWWWND.
:tongue:

90_Shelby
11-05-2004, 03:10 PM
bump

LancerShelby
11-16-2004, 10:08 PM
For those of you who don't know this car, it keeps up to my car @ 20psi with a 3" exhaust and a big intercooler when the Laser is running 16psi with the "worst exhaust ever" and a stock intercooler. It's a great little car for little cash. If you're a little interested, go and take it for a spin then make an offer, you might surprise yourself in 2 ways;)

90_Shelby
11-21-2004, 10:07 AM
bump

90_Shelby
11-25-2004, 08:50 AM
This car is definetly great for racing SRT-4's................:D :D :D

A recent pic going in the auto trader

Merkur
11-25-2004, 11:08 PM
if still for sale send me and email

k_d_2004
11-25-2004, 11:25 PM
i still dont get what bump means :dunno: lol

90_Shelby
11-26-2004, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by k_d_2004
i still dont get what bump means :dunno: lol

It's from a rap song. Haven't you heard it yet. As in it's "bumpin', Yeah Baby Bump it up!!!"

:D :D :D :D :D