PDA

View Full Version : detailing questions

SmAcKpOo
10-18-2004, 12:58 AM
after winter is over, is it worth it to get a polish and wax on a new car to recondition the clear coat.

can anyone vouch for a shop that does 3m protectant?

if so, is it best to get rock chips in the paint repaired before hand?

crap my bad, can you move this to the car care thingy. i didnt see it.

zboost
10-18-2004, 01:44 AM
a place called trimline does the 3m rock protector.. they do a reeally good job i belive since when i was there some old guy had it done on his sl 500.. hope that helps you

buh_buh
10-18-2004, 01:58 AM
Shadow tint does it.

SmAcKpOo
10-18-2004, 09:20 AM
thanks guys, ill give them a call today about some quotes.

eeseen racing
10-18-2004, 11:59 AM
i can vouvh for trimline as well god place pricey but do unreal work

and as for polish what kind of polish do you mean a wetsand and polish or just a hand polish??

SmAcKpOo
10-18-2004, 03:35 PM
something to take the swirls out and make it all shiney!

AllGoNoShow
10-20-2004, 05:56 PM
Shadow tint does a good job on eeveeryhign but sometimes they a little slow, they told us a tint job would be 30 mins to an hour, well 3 hours later we had the car back

Go4Long
10-20-2004, 06:25 PM
the guy that hyatt infiniti uses is awesome(sorry can't remember his company name, I am sure the detail department over there can help you out)...rather than a roll on sheet like pretty much everywhere else in town uses he has a thing that cuts out application specific pieces that actually go with the lines of the car...talk to shawn connors over there, he's the detail manager, and he will be able to set you up...
and yes, get the rock chips looking as good as you possibly can before you get it put on, otherwise the rock chips will still be clearly visible under the 3m...

?????
11-03-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Go4Long
the guy that hyatt infiniti uses is awesome(sorry can't remember his company name, I am sure the detail department over there can help you out)...rather than a roll on sheet like pretty much everywhere else in town uses he has a thing that cuts out application specific pieces that actually go with the lines of the car...talk to shawn connors over there, he's the detail manager, and he will be able to set you up...
and yes, get the rock chips looking as good as you possibly can before you get it put on, otherwise the rock chips will still be clearly visible under the 3m...

I believe everywhere else uses the same type of application pre laser cut pieces for the hood, bumper, fenders, side mirrors..unless you want special aplications where they don't make precut ones for your car.