PDA

View Full Version : The Official Ski/snowboard thread

Redlyne_mr2
10-18-2004, 07:36 AM
This snow fall has got me pretty excited about the upcoming ski season. Dpes anyone know if the new poor boyZ movie is out?Is anyone going to this years Warren Miller showing? How's your gear situation this year? Any new gear? I havea feeling this is going to be a great winter. Maybe a Beyond meet and skiat the mountains will have to be organized

^SkylinE^
10-18-2004, 01:42 PM
Time for me to get a new board and some pants mine are a bit thrashed. I Hopeing for an awsome year. Im looking into being on a ski patrol at one or the local hills if anyone has info on this it would be greatly appreciated. I currently hold my EMT-a and ACP registration. Im willing to volinteer if money is involved that i just a bonus! Im not sure what i would have to do to be qualified for a ski patrol position ie. avalanche training and such? Any info would be great! Pray to the snow GODS for lots of snow this year but also for the time off from work to enjoy it! Hopefully the number of avalanche deaths comes down it bit this year, last few season have been brutal.

Beyond meet at the hills might be kinda cool? Or maybe a jib session somewhere?

A_3
10-18-2004, 02:01 PM
A big cruise to the mountains and then some riding would be awesome. You can count me in if we set one up. If anyone wants to check out something new this winter head to kicking horse it is incredible! :thumbsup:

bruce_eli
10-18-2004, 02:03 PM
I am going to impact except that I am going home to edmonton to watch it with my friends. I am also going to the ski and snowboard show there next weekend so it should get me pumped up. I also bought Journey last week. Its a pretty good warren miller flic. I recommend it to any big mountain skiers/boarders.

I would go for a jibb session sometime also. We will have to meet up somewhere this year.:D

I don't need too much gear. I think I am going to pick up a new Helly hanson jacket as my orage is getting worn out and if I am feelling rich possibly a pair of armada or line skis.

DJ Lazy
10-18-2004, 02:40 PM
Only pieces of equipment I am getting this year will be a pair of Bandit Freeride Soft Boots, and some new goggles and a pair of Alpine Trekkers... My Scratch BC's will do me fine...:drool:

I am in love with the white stuff right now, other than it has given me the day off work, when I need the money:whipped:

A beyond meet would be a sweet idea Redlyne... :thumbsup:

PS: Not a fan of Warren Miller anymore.. i picked up Journey this weekend, and I thought it was quite disappointing... I am more into the Poor Boyz, TGR, etc type vidz these days.. :)

Phats
10-18-2004, 03:30 PM
Well, I myself can't wait for the hills to open, a meet would be a cool idea, I just keep watching white balance(snowboard vid) over and over again waiting for the hills to open. Can't wait for fernie this year :thumbsup: Striepe, you'd better be there man :D

Shaolin
10-18-2004, 04:03 PM
I haven't snowboarded/skiied in 2 years.. been too lazy to wake up early in the morning on weekends when I do it every freaken weekday.. I'm going to try and get out more this year.. but probably go back to Skiing.. boarded for 5 years and I don't find it as fun as Skiing anymore.

^SkylinE^
10-18-2004, 06:37 PM
Phats you know i will be there anytime im invited! This time when your bro ruptures his spleen i will be able to help lol! Fernie kicks ass!!!! DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ON SKI PATROL .....lol i just email nakiska!!! :banghead:

Redlyne_mr2
10-19-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy
Only pieces of equipment I am getting this year will be a pair of Bandit Freeride Soft Boots, and some new goggles and a pair of Alpine Trekkers... My Scratch BC's will do me fine...:drool:

I am in love with the white stuff right now, other than it has given me the day off work, when I need the money:whipped:

A beyond meet would be a sweet idea Redlyne... :thumbsup:

PS: Not a fan of Warren Miller anymore.. i picked up Journey this weekend, and I thought it was quite disappointing... I am more into the Poor Boyz, TGR, etc type vidz these days.. :)
Yah Warren Miller is total crap but I just go because ive been goiing every year since I was like 5

A jib session would be awesome living in Ontario over thsese last few years didnt give me the opportunity to imrpove my skills. I used to ski alot with JF Cusson and JP Auclair back in the day before the new school scene exploded. LOL we were snapping the backs of our skis to make them twin tip because the 1080 hadnt come out yet.

Kobe
10-19-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by A_3
A big cruise to the mountains and then some riding would be awesome. You can count me in if we set one up. If anyone wants to check out something new this winter head to kicking horse it is incredible! :thumbsup:

I'd be down for that :)

civicrider
10-19-2004, 11:22 AM
im just excited to lake louise snowboard park, its always good and i finaly got my knees better so i can ride this winter.

finboy
10-19-2004, 11:26 AM
i was thinking of trying snowboarding this year, last time i went skiing was when i was 10 :rofl:

tsi_neal
10-19-2004, 11:38 AM
yea im getting pretty excited for the ski season...

I desperatly NEED new equipment tho, near the end of last season i delaminated one of my skis (woulda thought high end rossi's would last more than 4 seasons) and being as poor as i was (am) i had no real choice but to epoxy it back together. Holy crap that makes for a stiff and poor riding ski (not to mention im scared that it will just snap in two if i make a bad landing somewhere).

other than that i think my ski pants need a fresh duct tape job and ill be good to go.

98type_r
10-19-2004, 12:38 PM
been waiting for snow since august, can't wait for the hills to open.

i'll be working at nakiska this year so i should be getting in lots of riding.

^SkylinE^
10-19-2004, 02:33 PM
98type_r how do i go about becoming a ski patroler at nakiska? Does anyone know?

DJ Lazy
10-19-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Yah Warren Miller is total crap but I just go because ive been goiing every year since I was like 5

A jib session would be awesome living in Ontario over thsese last few years didnt give me the opportunity to imrpove my skills. I used to ski alot with JF Cusson and JP Auclair back in the day before the new school scene exploded. LOL we were snapping the backs of our skis to make them twin tip because the 1080 hadnt come out yet.

hahahaaha.... :rofl: You still ride with either of those boyz these days?

Or do you know/heard of Marc Secord?? Or some of the local boyz, Mark Shymko (sp), Teddy Cosco, Jordon Monk??

Redlyne_mr2
10-19-2004, 06:59 PM

hahahaaha.... :rofl: You still ride with either of those boyz these days?

Or do you know/heard of Marc Secord?? Or some of the local boyz, Mark Shymko (sp), Teddy Cosco, Jordon Monk??
Ill ride with Jf here and there like I said though being out in TO fior 3 years sucked ass for my skiing. I skied with Chris Turpin quite a bit when I was younger too. He has now gone on to do some pretty big things. Jordon Monk sounds very very familiar but I think my time was long before those new jibbers. Just so you know i think i'm the first person to ever attempt a misty 7 on skis. Ive got it documented on video too should there ever be any arguments.:thumbsup:

DJ Lazy
10-19-2004, 07:05 PM

Just so you know i think i'm the first person to ever attempt a misty 7 on skis. Ive got it documented on video too should there ever be any arguments.:thumbsup:

Upload it... I wanna see that steezy... LOL :thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
10-19-2004, 07:08 PM

Upload it... I wanna see that steezy... LOL :thumbsup:
Ill have to dig for the tape man and somehow get it onto my comp this was back in like 96...the biggest huckfest you've ever seen. Me, JP and JF after a nationals competition at Fortress

DJ Lazy
10-19-2004, 08:35 PM

Ill have to dig for the tape man and somehow get it onto my comp this was back in like 96...the biggest huckfest you've ever seen. Me, JP and JF after a nationals competition at Fortress

SICK!! :nut: :clap:

Whats your lastname man... maybe I've heard of you before.. :dunno:

Redlyne_mr2
10-19-2004, 08:40 PM

SICK!! :nut: :clap:

Whats your lastname man... maybe I've heard of you before.. :dunno:
Dandurand, I never competed in free ski comps except for an exhibition session in Dowtown calgary like 6 years ago

Kobe
10-19-2004, 09:45 PM
Danm, we went jibbing at chinook college today, but security kicked us out, didn't even have a chance 2 hit the rail, only his the jump a couple times to try it out :(

Heres a couple pics..

Sorry about the quality

The Rail

http://photothru.com/photo_filedb1/A4/3A/34/A43A34/viewable/A43A34_131CD3C34_2.jpg

Building the jump

http://photothru.com/photo_filedb1/A4/3A/34/A43A34/viewable/A43A34_131CD3C139_1.jpg

Me, getting crap from the security guard :(
http://photothru.com/photo_filedb1/A4/3A/34/A43A34/viewable/A43A34_131CD3C34_3.jpg

Security guard at the back, faces blurred :)
http://photothru.com/photo_filedb1/A4/3A/34/A43A34/viewable/A43A34_131CD3C34_4.jpg

And heres a pic of me eating shit 2 years ago at cop

http://photothru.com/photo_filedb1/A4/3A/34/A43A34/viewable/A43A34_131A4962BF59_1.jpg

zboost
10-20-2004, 02:06 AM
WHOA that rail jib at cop is priceless!!!! lol...
cant wait to get high as a mo fo and go bust the big kickers/rails at cop.. i really liked the setup last year they had some cool shit and that little jib park at the top was wicked too.. i jsut love going huge baby!

M_Power
10-20-2004, 10:23 PM
louise will be sick this year, after having superpark last spring they got alot to live up to in their park design.
I just picked up some Burton C60's which are amazing. but now i am broke haha
i agree on the beyond meet at some time this year, just to put faces to names.

DJ Lazy
10-20-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by M_Power
just to put faces to names.

you want us to write our names on our faces? :nut: :rofl:

the Burton C60's.. are they boots? i know my mate wants to get a new pair this year... said they were expensive.. just not sure with pair he was looking at

M_Power
10-21-2004, 04:06 PM

you want us to write our names on our faces? :nut: :rofl:

the Burton C60's.. are they boots? i know my mate wants to get a new pair this year... said they were expensive.. just not sure with pair he was looking at
uhh, to put faces to names is seeing someone in real life rather than just a user name
anyways, Burton C60's are bindings. there all carbon fiber and are super stiff, but there 520$.

DJ Lazy
10-21-2004, 05:13 PM

uhh, to put faces to names is seeing someone in real life rather than just a user name

that was me trying to make a joke.. i know what it means.. :thumbsup:

M_Power
10-21-2004, 08:31 PM
oops, its hard to tell when someone's being sarcastic on the internet..

fcuk_it
10-21-2004, 09:00 PM
ohhh shiet... can't wait to hit the slopes... gotta work in all the new burton gear... and not hurt myself as bad this year.. haha

DJ Lazy
10-21-2004, 10:00 PM
oops, its hard to tell when someone's being sarcastic on the internet..

:werd: ... it can be a bitch...

More snow was falling today boyz, Lets hope it keeps dumping in the mountains.:hitit: :thumbsup:

lude_grl
10-26-2004, 01:08 PM
hehehee i wouldnt mind joining
i personally cant wait till the mountains open :D
hehehe

DannyO
10-31-2004, 10:10 PM
I really didn't need to read this thread, how I want to go boarding, I can't wait any longer, but I need new Snowboard Boots, anybody got any recommendations?, money is no object, I plan to buy some at the Show this weekend, I been looking at Salomon Malamutes, but am very interested in this new Boa system they have on boots, so was looking at Vans and a couple others, anybody got any advice or news on these boots????

I'm still a bit of a n00b to all this, but have become addicted to boarding more than a crackwhore is to crack.

M_Power
10-31-2004, 11:06 PM
what size are your feet? i got a pair of size 9.5 thirtytwo team2's for sale. pm if interested..
if u want new generally burtons fit a wider foot, northwaves fit skinnier, never ridden anything else and the boa system is kind of dumb (its easy enough to just lace up ur boots conventionally)

DannyO
10-31-2004, 11:30 PM
what size are your feet? i got a pair of size 9.5 thirtytwo team2's for sale. pm if interested..
if u want new generally burtons fit a wider foot, northwaves fit skinnier, never ridden anything else and the boa system is kind of dumb (its easy enough to just lace up ur boots conventionally)

I'm looking at new gear, but thanks anyway, I'm size 11.5 so boots wouldn't fit anyway, I got no problem with lacing, I just wanted the Boa system as it seemed to tighten the whole boot evenly, my boots now are crap and give no support, but I have heard some bad things about the Boa system, but was thinking they might have fixed them now.

cboyspimp
10-31-2004, 11:32 PM
im down for a meet.. we should make it at whistler LOL.. god that town is dope there is women everywhere!!! and they hunt like packs of wolves lol.. i guess we will hafta settle for cop lol..

Kobe
11-01-2004, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by DannyO

I'm looking at new gear, but thanks anyway, I'm size 11.5 so boots wouldn't fit anyway, I got no problem with lacing, I just wanted the Boa system as it seemed to tighten the whole boot evenly, my boots now are crap and give no support, but I have heard some bad things about the Boa system, but was thinking they might have fixed them now.

I would recommend some Dc boots, go check out mission on 17th or the source, lots of snowboarding gear, i also like burton and fourm, so check them out aswell

and im in for a snowboard meet, maybe a one day thing to nakiska or sunshine? Just give me a week notice so i can book it of work :) Can someone start a poll for a meet, some time at the end of november..

Originally posted by cboyspimp
im down for a meet.. we should make it at whistler LOL.. god that town is dope there is women everywhere!!! and they hunt like packs of wolves lol.. i guess we will hafta settle for cop lol..

They dont even have there park up yet, only some rail park, but i want to go check it out,

DJ Lazy
11-01-2004, 12:05 AM
i guess we will hafta settle for cop lol..

F*CK that sh*t..... :thumbsdow

MOUNTAINS..... not the local bunny hill.... :rofl:

I am in for sure... some just get ahold of me.. LOL :D

DannyO
11-01-2004, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Kobe

I would recommend some Dc boots, go check out mission on 17th or the source, lots of snowboarding gear, i also like burton and fourm, so check them out aswell

I was looking at the DC Judge boots, but I've been told that DC gear doesn't last long.

Kobe
11-01-2004, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by DannyO

I was looking at the DC Judge boots, but I've been told that DC gear doesn't last long.

who the hell told you that lol, all www.dcshoecousa.com All they make is shoes and boots really, Dc is such a good company..

DannyO
11-01-2004, 09:15 AM

who the hell told you that lol, all www.dcshoecousa.com All they make is shoes and boots really, Dc is such a good company..

Well I don't wanna name names, but you can't help but listen to what people say about a brand when you could be blowing $500+ bux on them, I just want a boot with Support, Comfort, Durability.

DJ Lazy
11-02-2004, 06:49 PM

I did... I have had a couple pairs of DC's that fell apart after like 6 months, and I don't even skate... Plus a couple of my other friends that do skate have had DC's that didn't last worth shit.

Kobe
11-02-2004, 07:23 PM
wow man shoes and boots are a big different, D3's are the worst shoes ever, Big difference in there skate shoes and snowboarding shoes..

DJ Lazy
11-02-2004, 07:43 PM
wow man shoes and boots are a big different, D3's are the worst shoes ever, Big difference in there skate shoes and snowboarding shoes..

Thats not what you said in your last post. If there quality carries over from there shoes to there boots, people have something to think about when buying there merchandise. and I never had the D3's.. I had a pair of one of the pro riders model.... and they still fell apart.. :dunno:

I can;t comment on boots, but like I said, if there quality control isnt better with the boots, then people will have to think whether they want to take the chance.

Kobe
11-02-2004, 07:51 PM
I take that shoe statement back, cuase i hated the d3's dose are probobly the shoes you had, am i right? all the other ones are good

DJ Lazy
11-02-2004, 09:07 PM
No. those are not the shoes I had... I had the Josh Wink Pro Model..... and I like I said.. many friends with DC's that fell apart.

CRX crazy
11-03-2004, 01:54 PM
So . . . whos excited yet! three days until louise opens, and it looks like they'll have more than one run open for opening day! Sunshine opens in a week too which just happens to be a holiday!! Yeah

My friends and I are going up the 11th can't wait it's been 176 days since i've riddin can't wait to get on the hill.

Who else is planning to go up on the holiday?

DannyO
11-03-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by CRX crazy
So . . . whos excited yet! three days until louise opens, and it looks like they'll have more than one run open for opening day! Sunshine opens in a week too which just happens to be a holiday!! Yeah

My friends and I are going up the 11th can't wait it's been 176 days since i've riddin can't wait to get on the hill.

Who else is planning to go up on the holiday?

I DO I DO, main it feels like I been waiting forever for the snow, do you know how much they have up there?, I wanna go on saturday but not sure if it will be worth it, I also plan to go to that Ski/Snowboard Show at the Roundup centre on Friday and get me some new boots, and it would be so nice to hit the mountains the next day, if I can't make it up this weekend I'm 99% sure I'll go next weekend, or maybe both.

98type_r
11-04-2004, 11:30 AM
early season skiing/riding is never great, but i guess its better than nothing at all

CRX crazy
11-04-2004, 07:12 PM
Actually sunshine has a 40somthing cm base already. The last couple of weeks they've been getting huge dumps. Sunshine is planning on having 6 chairs open for opening day.

Louise is decent. They look like they have more snow than usual for opening day we usually go, but I have to work saturday, so I think were just going to hit the ski and snowboard show this weekendand anticipate for thursday !! can't wait seasons finally here :D :burnout:

Kobe
11-05-2004, 06:52 PM
Just got back from some riding at cop, it was getting busy, but the rails arent bad, really small, but they got like 6? or 7, the snow was pretty slow, i wanan hit up louise on wendesday or thrusday..

cboyspimp
11-06-2004, 04:55 PM

I did... I have had a couple pairs of DC's that fell apart after like 6 months, and I don't even skate... Plus a couple of my other friends that do skate have had DC's that didn't last worth shit.
ANY shoe that you skate in will not last.. dosent matter what brand they are.. i used to be super good at skating sponsored but i dont even skate anymore too busy.. and nobody in calgary makes it anywhere...
anyways is there gona be a ski snowboard meet? that would be pretty cool

DJ Lazy
11-06-2004, 07:17 PM

ANY shoe that you skate in will not last..

however, I said that I DON'T skate..

and there will be a meet.. just not sure when...

Kobe
11-06-2004, 10:26 PM
maybe, we can get a group discount :love:
cuase im fucken poor right now hahah

kiprusoff4mayor
11-08-2004, 11:00 PM
WANTED:

Snowboard, in good shape. I'm fairly tall (6'2) and weigh about
195lbs, so I'm looking at the 163-168 cm range.

Would also like to buy boots, bindings.

e-mail: cmyden -{[AT]}- gmail.com

Thanks!

chris

DannyO
11-10-2004, 06:46 PM
Woohoo, I got some Salomon Dialogues and there wicked, I just got to christen them soon, hopefully I'm going Sunday to Louise maybe, has anybody been up there yet?, what were the runs like?, rocks or any shit?

Barfbag
11-11-2004, 11:27 PM
Prediction: Spectacular early season snow falls flat on its face. Expect few to no significant snowfalls (more than 15cms) until early february. The eastern slope will get hammered all spring with upslope storms but thanks to RCR, Nakiska is the only resort on the eastern slope anymore. And Nakiska sucks. Very, very badly. Very Badly. Really cant stress it enough. I'm predicting a year like we had 2 seasons ago - shitty, but springtime will provide a small consolation. I am stymied by the loss of Fortress. Sharpen your poles and prepare to slash your way through the crowds only to ski slop.

Fuck the bears, build more skihills.

interlude
11-12-2004, 06:20 PM
quick question guys. I've only snowboarded maybe 3 times in my whole life. About once every 2 to 3 years lol. I'm planning on going every other weekend this winter. So im shopping around for some boards. What are some good brands?

I'm also wondering whats a good length for me? Im about 5'8" to 5'9" tall.

Thanks in advance

M_Power
11-12-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Barfbag
Prediction: Spectacular early season snow falls flat on its face. Expect few to no significant snowfalls (more than 15cms) until early february. The eastern slope will get hammered all spring with upslope storms but thanks to RCR, Nakiska is the only resort on the eastern slope anymore. And Nakiska sucks. Very, very badly. Very Badly. Really cant stress it enough. I'm predicting a year like we had 2 seasons ago - shitty, but springtime will provide a small consolation. I am stymied by the loss of Fortress. Sharpen your poles and prepare to slash your way through the crowds only to ski slop.

Fuck the bears, build more skihills.

Thanks for being so optimistic..
:thumbsdow

Lasz
11-16-2004, 12:08 PM
I'm completely new to snowboarding but been to Sunshine twice already this year and can't wait to go back for more! Man, riding is the shiznit! :D

DannyO
11-17-2004, 07:30 PM
I went to Louise this past Sunday, they have 1 run open which is from half way down the mountain, the condition of the run ain't bad, but it was VERY crowded, not the greatest day boarding by far, but I was just happy to hit the slopes again.

Tux10
11-18-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by interlude
quick question guys. I've only snowboarded maybe 3 times in my whole life. About once every 2 to 3 years lol. I'm planning on going every other weekend this winter. So im shopping around for some boards. What are some good brands?

I'm also wondering whats a good length for me? Im about 5'8" to 5'9" tall.

Thanks in advance

Try a 154-158cm. I am about the same height and I started with that length. Get something cheap to start out cause my first board is in ruins after my first major season/attempt and rails and jumps. Get something light if you wanna get any air too (and also for those flat parts where newbs always fall...)

Lasz
11-19-2004, 11:12 AM
hm I'm 6' tall and was told to get a 165 board - also a pretty big guy plus my boots are size 12 so I need something wide hehe

Euro_Trash
11-22-2004, 11:16 AM
Just a couple questions: first is a Lamar Kevin Jones Tahoe any good? As in is it a good deal to buy a used one for 200 with Lamar bindings? Also does anyone have any interest in a pair of red drake matrix bindings? Ill let them go for very cheap. Thanks
Dan

DannyO
11-23-2004, 06:44 PM
Just an update, I went to Sunshine on Saturday and it was really good, Goats Eye and the Divide Chair wasn't open, but there not far off, and Angel had powder on it, I had a hellava day, going in trees and hittin jumps, theres still rocks now and then, so be careful, but for this time of year, I was amazed at how good the runs were.

Lasz
11-24-2004, 01:42 PM
I'm going this Saturday again, woo-hoo! :D

cboyspimp
11-24-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Euro_Trash
Just a couple questions: first is a Lamar Kevin Jones Tahoe any good? As in is it a good deal to buy a used one for 200 with Lamar bindings? Also does anyone have any interest in a pair of red drake matrix bindings? Ill let them go for very cheap. Thanks
Dan
dont buy cheap shit.. you get what you pay for and lamar shit sucks balls.. if you want something cheaper compared to burton and forum i suggest getting rossignol or salamon.. theyre proven cmpaines.. lamar is just cheap sportcheck shit which is good to learn on but i woldent use it ..

Euro_Trash
11-25-2004, 12:09 PM
Personally I only ride Ride boards, absoulty nothing else (have a Ride Kink at the moment, have a Mahaffey pro board the year before) My friend is just getting into snowboarding, and another friend is selling his board. He doesnt want to spend too much money (buying an SR20 over winter) so he just wants something cheap. And I think I would put Rossy and Solomon on the same level as Lamar:thumbsdow

cboyspimp
11-25-2004, 12:24 PM
^^ no.. i duno about rossi but its a cheaper board.. i have a salamon its better then lamar and rossi and i like it better then my burton?? im just saying dont get lamar.. get a board from a snowboard shop .. there is some good boards on hre sometimes

BerserkerCatSplat
11-25-2004, 01:18 PM
I just put my new K2 Magma V10's on my board... now I HAVE to go riding this weekend!

98type_r
11-30-2004, 10:37 PM
went to sunshine the other day, all lifts are now open but considering it's a few days off from december conditions there are still pretty shitty.
won't even venture to lake louise until they get some serious snow and open up more runs/lifts.

cboyspimp
11-30-2004, 11:24 PM
cant wait till cop's park:poosie: :nut:

DannyO
12-03-2004, 11:11 PM
wooo0000ttt, going tomorrow morning to Sunshine, 70cm base, thats not to bad, should make for some pretty good runs.:D

Redlyne_mr2
12-04-2004, 05:48 PM
Ill be at sunshine as well will post conditions

Tux10
12-05-2004, 12:36 AM
I was at sunshine today, snow was great further down but stay away from the top. Lots of outcrops up top and the ground may look covered but damn were there lots of rocks. If you go Goats Eye, make sure you stay to the left side of the top when your going down, the entire right side is rocks.

Redlyne_mr2
12-06-2004, 09:37 PM
yah Sunshine was awesome. Lots of fresh snow but the steeper runs still werent quite covered. My skis took quite the beating. No park or anything either which is fine but it would have been nice to get comfortable in the air again

DJ Lazy
12-06-2004, 09:43 PM
My skis took quite the beating.

Hense why I am waiting till later this month...

Redlyne_mr2
12-06-2004, 10:09 PM

Hense why I am waiting till later this month...
LOL yeah well my 2 season old 1080s deserve it I hate those things. Foam core skis should be burnt

DJ Lazy
12-06-2004, 10:57 PM

LOL yeah well my 2 season old 1080s deserve it I hate those things. Foam core skis should be burnt

:werd: 1080's have gone to shit.. they were all the big thing back in the day... pick up a set of Armada AR5's or the Scratch BC's man... :thumbsup: Can't go wrong.. This will be my second season on the scratches.. I Love em.. :love:

Nix87
12-07-2004, 01:07 AM

:werd: 1080's have gone to shit.. they were all the big thing back in the day... pick up a set of Armada AR5's or the Scratch BC's man... :thumbsup: Can't go wrong.. This will be my second season on the scratches.. I Love em.. :love:

I just picked up my scratch BC's a couple days ago lookin forward to trying them out. From the sounds of it sunshine is the place 2 be.

A Beyond ski/snowboard meet sounds like a wicked idea

DannyO
12-08-2004, 12:43 AM
Yea I was there last Saturday, it was awesome, me and my buddies got some great runs, Goats Eye was shit though, stay away unless you like rocks, going back this weekend..w00t.

mb3k
12-18-2004, 10:43 PM
I'm so jealous, I haven't been out yet b/c of these damn Uni finals. But I'm going out to Sunshine on the 27th, OOORAHH

danno567
12-21-2004, 01:00 PM
anyone know some good forums to check out for Skiing? I am looking for some gear, just want to find a site like this but for just sking / boarding.

thx

Redlyne_mr2
12-21-2004, 10:15 PM
I went skiing at Kicking Horse in Golden and that place is AMAZING!!!!!
Tons of snow, insane terrain, It been a long time since ive been frightened on skis. CPR ridge has this one narrow steeeeep chute that you have to straightline. Its insane, cant wait to go back

Benny
12-21-2004, 11:21 PM
I went to Panorama on Saturday. There wasn't quite as much snow as I would have liked, but it was a beautiful day so that made up for it.

DJ Lazy
12-28-2004, 02:58 PM
I went up to Big White yesterday.. It was pretty damn sweet.. PART of "the Cliff" is closed, and the Cliff Chair aswell.. but the bowl was untouched... Lots of snow, amazing converage... This was the first time up there.. Great Mountain.. the new boots fucking rocked. :D :D

Hopefully Sunshine will be just as good for my birthday.. :thumbsup:

DJ Lazy
01-15-2005, 07:57 PM
Heading out to Sunshine tomorrow with a couple buddies and Dave Duncan (Photographer). Defineately not gonna be staying in the resort. Plans are to hike out to Quartz Peak SW of the Standish Chair.

Should be more comfortable with my new Alpine Trekkers. Get to test them out tomorrow. :thumbsup:

mazda_maniac
01-31-2005, 08:50 PM
This winter has been horrible.

M_Power
01-31-2005, 10:46 PM
^^ WUT?
have u been in a hole this entire week?
louise has been plus temperatures with a sick park all week.

Tux10
02-01-2005, 01:54 PM
nope, I have to agree, the winter has been shit so far. Hoping for more snow. Went out to louise on Sunday and it was icy up top with lots of rock outcrops, and it was all slush down bottom, even the park was starting to slush from the wear of the 30+ people all waiting to go off the same jumps.

Back side was alright, but still icy and the occasional outcrop with slush all along the bottom of the runs to the lifts. We went the week before and the snow was WAY better then this week. Plus temps does not = good boarding!

bruce_eli
02-01-2005, 03:35 PM
^^ WUT?

:rofl: Where have you been? You wanna see fernie right now?

Fernie's real snow report. (http://far.redtree.com/cgmrep.html)

And its starting to improve right now. 65/107 open and that used to about 35 last week.

Kobe
02-01-2005, 05:11 PM
^^ WUT?

O is it good, ahh they finally finished it, im gunna have 2 head up soon :)

M_Power
02-01-2005, 05:47 PM
bruce and tux, I am talkin park... not pow :(
and to tux, just stay clear of the mini park. (as u say 100s of beginers on 1 set of jumps = ruts galore)
just move to the triple set in the middle and the jumps are fine

Louise has the dopest park in western canada (cept Whistler)

Kobe
02-01-2005, 09:25 PM
how the are the tables.. alot bigger the cops large ones???

Heard they got some sick rails

M_Power
02-02-2005, 06:10 PM
^^
They a trilpe set which is probably COP big table range, than the main park features 4 jumps that range from 10-30 feet Larger tahn the COP big tables.

The rails are ok right now: 15 foot flat, flat-down kink, and andother flat, but not all the rails are up yet i belive.