PDA

View Full Version : Compustar Remote

Seanith
10-18-2004, 05:33 PM
I didn't know where to post this so I thought this might be as good a forum as any.

My compustar remote at times makes a gay little song when I press the lock button. All the icons will flash and light up, then when its done the control is just blank. The car stays locked and the alarm is still on. I then press the lock button a couple times and then its back to normal.. any idea what this could be? The battery is about half power right now.. :dunno:

AutodreamMarvin
10-18-2004, 06:48 PM
change the battery.
yes, i know that there is half left on the gauge.

Ajay
10-18-2004, 06:59 PM
It's not your battery I had the same problem with one of my remotes last April. It's the remote itself. I had to buy a new one but I had the same issue with my new one as well.

My second remote is hooped as well and does the exact same thing as what your describing. I bought it from Audio Concepts Mobile and they sent it out for service under warranty....using the cheap 1 way one right now.

If it's less than a year old take it back to where you got it from....hopefully hte place you got it from has an OTC policy instead of a repair policy.

Seanith
10-18-2004, 07:00 PM
Well i got mine from A&B sound but it was installed at Autodream.. would I go to A&B with it? Its also cracked if it makes a difference at all.. and yes I think I have only had it since July, or earlier this summer.

Ajay
10-18-2004, 10:14 PM
Don't think they'll warranty it if it's cracked. My first one was cracked and they didn't warranty it cause they said what was happening with that remote could have been caused by the cracking (was all BS) but I wanted a new remote anyway.

Take it back and see what they say. You'de have to take it back to the place you bought it from...so if you bought it from A&B take it back to them. I doubt Autodream will do anything for you since you only got it installed there.

Seanith
11-02-2004, 11:14 PM
just an update, but i replaced the batteries even though there was half life left, and the gay song has stopped!

fcuk_it
11-03-2004, 01:48 AM
yeah you gotta change your battery like every 2-4 months for compustar... good batteries too haha cuz mine was doing that and there was half bar left...
if the outer screen is cracked and the lcd is okay you can get an outer casing for like 30 bucks and just replace the internals and your controller will look brand new... thats what i did

Seanith
11-03-2004, 06:14 PM
where can you get the outer casing? i guess i'm in the same situation, the lcd is fine, just a little crack on the screen but i don't want it to get any worse..

civicsi
11-03-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~
where can you get the outer casing? i guess i'm in the same situation, the lcd is fine, just a little crack on the screen but i don't want it to get any worse..

you can get it from me..:D

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57648

Seanith
11-03-2004, 09:14 PM
:D

fcuk_it
11-03-2004, 11:03 PM
i got it from him... haha

oldschool78
05-12-2009, 08:10 AM
I know this is an old thread but i came across it searching for a solution to the same problem i was having. Thought i would share. Everytime i pressed ANY button i would also hear the song and the remote would seem to be going through some sort of system check. The battery had 3/4 bars left so i assumed it was fine. I would have to press any/every key combination for several minutes just to get it to finally unlock. Anyways.. i replaced the battery with a new one and problem has been solved.