PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1991 Nissan NX2000

viscosity
11-24-2002, 08:02 PM
For Sale: 1991 Nissan NX2000

It's served me very well over these past 11.5 years. It's been a great car in the winter, too. It starts well and handles well in the cold winter weather (when the winter tires are on, that is).

I'm asking $8,900 for it.

It has a few extras...
After market stereo w/ 6 spkrs, 2 external amps, custom installed 6-disc changer in right rear armrest, and custom subwoofer enclosure with dual 8" Kickers. Subwoofer enclosure is designed to allow T-tops to slide underneath in hatch area.

Comes with 2 sets of alloy wheels and tires. One set is OEM 14" alloy wheels with brand new 185/60R14 82Q Pirelli Winter Ice tires. The second set is 15" 5-spoke BBS alloy wheels with 195/50R15 82V Yokohama A520 summer performance tires (only been used about 1-1/2 summer seasons, approx. 8 months in total).

Theres's more, so check out the details, pics, and contact info at the following web page:
http://www.scratchpad.com/nx2000

T5_X
11-24-2002, 08:28 PM
What's the KM? Even if its low, that's way overpriced.

gpomp
11-24-2002, 08:44 PM
158k.

The prices on trader.ca are around 3000-5000

GTS Jeff
11-24-2002, 08:44 PM
i think he has an extra 0 in this

hahaha.

LaughingTiger
11-24-2002, 09:00 PM
I got a spoiler for it, $70....:D

legendboy
11-24-2002, 09:42 PM
Not being shy with the price are we?? They were less at dealerships 5 years ago...

viscosity
11-25-2002, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by gpomp
158k.

The prices on trader.ca are around 3000-5000

Wow... such controversy over price. I didn't think it would cause such a ruckus.

Yes, you're right... Prices for the car on Trader.ca are $3000-$5000, but that's in Ontario. Prices for used vehicles are often influenced by regional demand and availability. For the past 3 months, the prices for this type of car on CanadaTrader.com for the Alberta region have been $6000-$9500. But we all know that's only the asking price. The actual selling price is another thing, but that's all I have to go on for now.

I did do some homework on the pricing... I've looked at the prices across Canada for this type of vehicle (and the NX1600 for comparison) for the past 3 months, considered the average asking pricing, and then factored in all the extras and new items in my car.

There's approx. $2800 in extras and new key parts that have been replaced in the car in the past year, such as...

New front and rear struts. Value: $600
New starter and alternator (and belts, etc). Value: $750
New brakes and rotors: Value $500

The extra set of alloy wheels with brand new high-end winter tires is a big bonus here in Calgary. Without winter tires in the winter, you're not going anywhere in Calgary when it snows.
Value: Priceless :)
(actual value: $1000)

Now factor in the after market stereo with custom installation. Total original cost was over $2500. Both amps and a couple of the speakers have been replaced and upgraded over time, some of which was done a few years ago. Estimated value today: $1200

Total value for new items & extras: $4000

[Asking Price] - [Total Extras] = [Average value of car]
$8900 - $4000 = $4800

Based on my calculations, it falls in the $3000-$5000 range. Is my calculated asking price worth the same value to someone else here in Calgary? I guess I'll find out soon enough. :)

SpoonEK9@STRD
11-25-2002, 01:40 AM
for 8,900 you can get a newer pimper car... lol 8,900 for an nx... 92 240s go for that much and they are much higher on the model line up. less kilos too

shadowz
11-25-2002, 03:10 AM
Not to dis you or anything but the brakes alternator and stuff I would not consider extras, I would want it with the car and in working condition, I would not expect anyone to buy my car for more just cause something that should come with the car works, cause when/if someone wants to buy your car, they expect that stuff to work also!:)

viscosity
11-25-2002, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by shadowz
Not to dis you or anything but the brakes alternator and stuff I would not consider extras, I would want it with the car and in working condition, I would not expect anyone to buy my car for more just cause something that should come with the car works, cause when/if someone wants to buy your car, they expect that stuff to work also!:)

Really? I think the expectation of buying a used car is, "When will the next key part break down and have to be replaced." Sure, it might be working when you test drive the car, but what about in 1 month or 1 year?! Knowing that key parts such as brakes, starter, and alternator are brand new means they won't have to be replaced in the next 5+ years. Essentially, saving them from an additional (in this case) $1800. That certainly is worth the value to the concerned buyer. If the buyer's not concerned about those things breaking down in a year and having to pay the price later (when they're stranded in the middle of nowhere), then I know someone with a 10 year old Dodge Neon they can buy instead.

benyl
11-25-2002, 11:10 AM
My jaw nearly dropped when I saw that price!

Originally posted by viscosity
There's approx. $2800 in extras and new key parts that have been replaced in the car in the past year, such as...

New front and rear struts. Value: $600
New starter and alternator (and belts, etc). Value: $750
New brakes and rotors: Value $500
Don't forget, this shit is used now too. Besides, this is just part of the normal maintenance of a car... are you going to charge for every oil change you have done over the last 11.5 years?

The extra set of alloy wheels with brand new high-end winter tires is a big bonus here in Calgary. Without winter tires in the winter, you're not going anywhere in Calgary when it snows.
Value: Priceless :)
(actual value: $1000)
This is something that you can charge for, although it is also used... If you give the person the choice not to take it, you might actually get someone to look at your car (lower price).

Now factor in the after market stereo with custom installation. Total original cost was over $2500. Both amps and a couple of the speakers have been replaced and upgraded over time, some of which was done a few years ago. Estimated value today: $1200

You never ever get value from after market things... especially stereos. Was it installed 11.5 years ago?

Total value for new items & extras: $4000

[Asking Price] - [Total Extras] = [Average value of car]
$8900 - $4000 = $4800

Based on my calculations, it falls in the $3000-$5000 range. Is my calculated asking price worth the same value to someone else here in Calgary? I guess I'll find out soon enough. :)

Listen, I am not trying to flame you. Just trying to give you an independant perspective on how I would see your ad. I am looking for a winter beater for a friend... this would be perfect, but for a lot less. I would take the opposite approach... I would price the car out at $4800... then ask the buyer if they want the extras.

If the stereo is really worth $1200, then you should have no problem selling it seperate in the bargain finder or on e-bay... the tires as well. make sense?

B.

GTS Jeff
11-25-2002, 11:30 AM
look bud, ill give you 3000 for the car. frankly, i dont care about the stereo nor hte rims at all, so u can keep all your stereo equipment and rims if that helps the price.

and the parts uve replaced do not make the car worth more...no matter what u would have needed to replace those parts to keep the car driveable. its not like u did anyone a favor. so dont bring those up please

legendboy
11-25-2002, 11:34 AM
My friend has a 92 240, fully losded w/leather. White, 155kms mint, and it has that 4 wheel steering or whatever. $9000 obo

eur0
11-25-2002, 03:24 PM
haha that means i should ask for $6500 for my car hehe, it doesnt work...for the "new" parts id say they are worth 50% of what they were new...i cant really add another 600 because i got a newer clutch installed, thats why you gotta get rid of the car when it starts falling to pieces :)...mods, whether they are performance or not wont add much value...a lot of people end up loosing a ton of cash because of markdown from "what they were" ... just a comment, try bargain finder, i find quite a few people are brainwashed that read it hehe

benyl
11-25-2002, 03:30 PM
If anything, most performance parts actually decrease the value of a car... cause you have to spend money to return it to stock...

B.

Weapon_R
11-25-2002, 04:12 PM
Why don't you guys lay off him. If thats the price he wants, then leave him alone. Repairing a part does not increase the value of the car, but simply maintain the status quo, which is the present market value, we all know that, but he isn't harming anyone.

Viscosity, you would probably be better off listing your vehicle for around $4000 or so, and then selling the wheels to someone who is actively looking for some for $1000 depending on what they are. The stereo will also net a better deal if sold separately.

viscosity
11-25-2002, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Why don't you guys lay off him. If thats the price he wants, then leave him alone. Repairing a part does not increase the value of the car, but simply maintain the status quo, which is the present market value, we all know that, but he isn't harming anyone.

Viscosity, you would probably be better off listing your vehicle for around $4000 or so, and then selling the wheels to someone who is actively looking for some for $1000 depending on what they are. The stereo will also net a better deal if sold separately.

Thanks for the supportive comments and recommendations. I think some of them have forgotten that it's only the asking price, and not necessarily the price I want nor will get. How many people actually get their asking price? People in Calgary aren't afraid to bargain down and can be quite brash in doing so (as we've already seen here :) ). Before coming up with a price, I did ask a few other people who have sold a number of used cars before, and I was surprised at how high they thought I should ask (one was even higher than my asking price).

Besides, as I mentioned before, the Calgary market for the past 3 months have shown NX2000's in the CanadaTrader.com for $6000 - $9000... If that's what the market actually bears here, then great. If not, then so be it.

I've considered selling the stereo separately, but that would leave an unsightly hole where the custom installed CD-changer currently sits. The replacement car part doesn't make it worth selling it separately. I also don't have the original stereo unit (someone wanted to upgrade their old Sentra XE Sports Coupe), so I'd have to scrounge around for a replacement. And I'd only be able to sell the custom subwoofer to another NX owner because it's custom built to fit the NX to a 'T' in the hatch. The design of the enclosure was also CAD designed to be tuned for the car. Thus, dropping it into another (larger) car would probably bear ill sounding results.

Selling the extra set of wheels/tires might be tougher than one would expect. 195/50R15 with 4 bolts for a Nissan, or 185/60R14... Other than an NX1600 or maybe the 200SX, I'm not sure which other cars would have the same rolling distance and bolt match. If someone can shed some light on which cars it might fit on, then I might consider selling them separately.

GTS Jeff
11-26-2002, 11:37 AM
I've changed my mind...$2000!!

Geo26
04-02-2004, 05:45 PM
I was wondering if i could take a look at you car and see how she is. Also wondering if we could talk about price, Please get back to me at [email protected]:clap:

hjr
04-02-2004, 05:49 PM
well the thread is well over a year old. the person isnt likely to come back. try using the email function.