PDA

View Full Version : Funny interesting comments you have heard about your MR2

Redlyne_mr2
10-19-2004, 06:09 PM
Just wondering if you guys go through the same weird scenarios as I have with my car. Ill have people flag me down and do all sort of weird things to ask me about my car. Post your stories

EK 2.0
10-19-2004, 06:11 PM
When I owned mine...I got asked on more than one occasion this question...

"Hey man, what kind of Ferarri is that?"...:rolleyes:

or my favourite when I had it...

"I was THIS close to getting one of those you know?"

Redlyne_mr2
10-19-2004, 06:21 PM
I think you should buy another one so you can relive some of those moments instead of buying some fwd monstrosity:D

stealth
10-19-2004, 07:27 PM
I have been asked by a kid at school if i had VTEC ( I Used to own a 95 Integra) I said no, im like we dont have vtec in toyota's, and he said well you could....

"Hey I heard u have no engine in the front is that true?" Me "yes" them "i dont believe it, show me" I show them, and they are like "man thats crazy, how much did this car cost you?" Me "Enough" Them "How can a 17 year old afford a 23 Thousand dollar car" I just smile.

"Is your car FWD?"

"My friends MR2 can beat yours" Me "O ya whos your friend?" Them "Change the subject" (there are not alot of mr2's here)

"Is your mr2 supercharged, or twin turbo?"

"Are you getting those chimney scoops?" Then i have to explain why they are not good.

"What year is your car?" Me "1991" Them "No way, id say atleast it is a 2000"

EK 2.0
10-19-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
I think you should buy another one so you can relive some of those moments instead of buying some fwd monstrosity:D

Why Ryan??...so I can get more comments like

"Nice Supra, is this the Twin Turbo version?" or...

"What year is your Fiero man?"...or wait, how about...

(from a DSMer)"Don't mod this motor too much man...it can't handle more than 200hp...what?...it's already got 200hp?...NO WAY, 160 tops"

Redlyne_mr2
10-19-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

Why Ryan??...so I can get more comments like

"Nice Supra, is this the Twin Turbo version?" or...

"What year is your Fiero man?"...or wait, how about...

(from a DSMer)"Don't mod this motor too much man...it can't handle more than 200hp...what?...it's already got 200hp?...NO WAY, 160 tops"
hahaha these are all great keep them coming

SPooLiN
10-19-2004, 11:36 PM
those are some good ones :)
I get all sorts of weird questions and meet alot of "interesting" people. Some of them end up telling me their life story and won't let me leave...seriously haha this one trucker outside the carwash talked to me for over half an hour about his 40 year old daughter and her family and all his houses that he bought and sold..... ya i dont even know what happened there hahaha.

anyways, here are just a few off the top of my head :

"is this one twin turbo? oh its not? my friend has one and its a twin turbo"

"how do you fit in there?"

"do you have NOS"

"whats that noise (referring to bov)? is it NOS?"

"nice ferrari" :D

"whats a 'spoolin'??"

"you should race my friends 5.0L. its so fast!" ;)

thats all i can really think of right now. mabey ill remember some more later.

alot of people are amazed at the back window and how it curves (which it is pretty cool lookin, i dont even want to know how much it would be to replace!)... thats what Ive noticed alot of people comment on first.

oh ya and alot of the times when people ask what kind of car it is and I reply MR2, they think its a Mazda.

Redlyne_mr2
10-19-2004, 11:47 PM
Haha ive heard the life stories before , remeber that one guy at VUB in calgary? hahaha and then they're are the guys who used to have the big block hot rods 40 years ago and used to outrun the cops out in Ponoka.

Here are a few of mine:

- What year is your ferrari?
- What kind of doctor are you? (wtf?)
- Why can you see your brakes?
- They'res something wrong with your car when you shift (BOV)
- Your car is on fire man you better pull over (unburned fuel out of exhaust)
- Are you getting one of those snorkels?

zboost
10-20-2004, 12:03 AM
Sorry man MR2 talk only

- Redlyne

EK 2.0
10-20-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by zboost
i was parked by my house one time and this asain mom and her son, looked like he was four or something walked by and he was staring at the car and was like 'mommy nice car' ... that was pretty sweet :thumbsup:

Originally posted by zboost
when i drive by other cars and all they see is a huge mo fuckin fmic i see them stare from thier littel hondas i just laugh so they can see me ahahhaa

WTF does this have to do with the thread??

Topic of the thread :"Funny interesting comments you have heard about your MR2"

Topic of your post: Out of left field

Owned 2
10-20-2004, 02:46 AM
when I rode in my buddies mr2 I said "man this thing feels like its gona wheelie":rofl: :rofl:

MR.TWO
10-20-2004, 01:48 PM
this really hurts bring up the past but ya i have a 1988 and the worst thing i have heard

"how do you exspect to pick up girls in THAT":cry:

girl came up to me when me and my friend were drivig her from school she said " i will go in (my friends name) car" he drives a trd celica :cry:

long story short i am single still and don't give a flying f*ck what women have to say i love my mr2

stealth
10-20-2004, 03:28 PM
Man i got another one today.

My friends buddy at school today, told me this:

Him: I hear you have a mr2, is it turbo?
Me: No its twin entry turbo
Him: Same shit man
Me: No, its twin entry
Him: Its the same shit.
Me (getting agitated): I said no, twin turbo is 2 turbos, and twin entry is 1 turbo, with dual entry
Him: Same shit man, its all the same
Me (getting angry): One has one turbo, the other has 2 turbo.
Him: Well there are twin turbo mr2's
Me: No there arent man.

My friends were laughing, as he is trying to tell me what my car has, and he is telling them its the same shit, and all they did was laugh, and he was trying to make it look like I was weird by saying they are completely different.

Him: Whatever same shit.

Me: Ignore.....

SPooLiN
10-20-2004, 04:02 PM
haha ya that guy at VUB was pure comedy. You gotta love the old farmers who talk about the glory days hahaha ah well, im sure ill be the same way :)

"what do you do for a living" and other comments along those lines always come up all the time. that and "can I buy some?":D hahaha

stealth
10-20-2004, 04:43 PM
hahah rob i get that all the time.

One night about 2 am i pull up to the macs by my place, and this guy is like, can i buy some "shit" off you? im like i dont have any lol, and hes like man i really need some. Im like i dont sell it, he is like o really lol.

Then there are the guys who talk about the olden days, and their muscle cars.

nookmumracing
10-20-2004, 11:09 PM
Person: Whats that scoop for?
Me: So I can go under water...
Person: Wow cars are sure evolving....
Me: :dunno:

Just about dropped a guy for calling my car a fiero....

Turbo timer count down, walk away from the car
Person: hey buddy left your car on.
Me: Oh shoot......
Stand, chill and time a double clap to roughly when it goes off. It worked perfectly one time...
Person: :eek:
Clap on...Clap off......the clapper!!!!

RePete
10-21-2004, 10:05 AM
Woman in late model Sienna "Why did you put that TOYOTA emblem on your car?
Me: "I didn't, it's a TOYOTA, ma'am. It's back in the days when TOYOTA had very special, very exciting cars."
Woman: "Very funny. Really, who makes it?"

Berg9987
10-21-2004, 07:24 PM
I've only had my car long enough to get two of these. First:

"Does it have Nos?" by some kid on a bike.
"No, but its supercharged" Me
"Is that the same as NOS?"
I left.

Second, there is some guy where I work who claims to know everything about performance. Firstly he told me to slow down he supercharger to make more boost. :dunno:
Then he wanted to look at my cars engine. He stood at the front of the car and demanded:
"Pop the hood"
"You wont get a very good look at the engine"
"Look I know more about cars than you do. I can see around all sorts of engine covers and cosmetics. Now pop the hood!"
"Ok"

I wish I had a camera to record the look on his face when he ended up staring at the spare tire.

Cheers,
Berg

Oh yeah, I hate it when people refer to my car as "cute"

mr2mike
10-21-2004, 09:58 PM
Berg,

Does it have NOS?? How bout does it have a muffler? j/k

bcrdukes
10-23-2004, 07:59 PM
"I thought it was black!?" (My car's colour is the midnight mica blue)

"Nice Del Sol!" - No comment.

"IT'S SOOOOOOOOOOO CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!"

EK 2.0
10-24-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by bcrdukes

"IT'S SOOOOOOOOOOO CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!"

that's more of a MK I problem than a MK II issue...:D

bcrdukes
10-24-2004, 04:08 PM
^
:werd:

Since when were 80s style vehicles cute?

Oh and also, a female friend of mine said the other night, "Oh my God! It feels like I'm in a space rocket or video game!"

:dunno: