PDA

View Full Version : Airbag disconnect

dieselpower91
10-20-2004, 01:07 AM
does anyone know where I could go just to get the airbag disconnected so I can pull the column apart to fix my brake light/turn signal problem!?

This is on my 94' Olds Cutlass

Ferio_vti
10-20-2004, 12:18 PM
Get a Haynes manual at Crappy tire or the library. Tells you how to disconnect/remove your airbag.

Gonthro
10-20-2004, 01:00 PM
all you have to do is unhook the battery and pres the brake for 15 seconds (to drain any power that may be in the system) and then have at er.

dieselpower91
10-21-2004, 02:21 AM
I'm so paranoid about it going off.

Does anyone know if it is illegal not to run an airbag wheel in the car. Even if I will keep the airbag and install it back in the car if I sell it?

emma
10-21-2004, 06:44 AM
Im installing some bucket seats into my car and have been told I have to permenantly disconnect the air bag:confused: Can't really see what difference it makes (obviously if you re involved in accident) because if you change the steering wheel from the standard one you wouldn't have an airbag anymore.

ninspeed
10-21-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by dieselpower91
does anyone know where I could go just to get the airbag disconnected so I can pull the column apart to fix my brake light/turn signal problem!?

This is on my 94' Olds Cutlass
disconect the postive terminal from the battery, wait 2 minutes for the ABCM to turn its self off.

Under the dash, about 2 feet from the stering wheel down the coloum the wiring harness will come out, find the big fat yellow wire that is by its self, remove the plastic orange lock pin, and disconect the wire.

make sure you plug that back in before you hook the + back up, or the abcm will think its blown, and the air bag light will flash till the abcm is replaced