PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Drivers!!!

max_boost
10-21-2004, 01:02 AM
Quite the encounters tonight, unfortunately no pics.

Incident 1: Riverbend 18th Street off ramp to Glenmore West. This guy is tailing me as I approach the off ramp, I don't know what his problem is other than the fact he was in a rush perhaps? Well as we approach the merge on to Glenmore West I being the responsible driver I am, I signal and enter to the road as the merge lane ended. The dude behind didn't want to follow the road rules so he must have not realized there's a concrete curb separating Glenmore and the off ramp, he just hopped over the curb going at least 40km/h and all I heard was "BOOM". Very shortly later I see him pull over right before the bridge before the Heritage Drive turnoff. Classic self owning! :rofl: I wonder what parts he has to replace now? :dunno:

Incident 2: 01 Red Civic Coupe with altezzas blowing through downtown 4th Ave at 100km/h cutting everyone off. WTF?!:dunno:

Incident 3: 17th Ave SW, East bound, intersection before BadAss Coffee. I'm in the left lane waiting for the green, the right lanes are usually reserved for parked cars. Light goes green when I see this mid 80's 5 Series BMW behind me quickly swing over to the right lane. Knowing he's going all out at all costs to cut me off, why should I even bother blocking him in or risking an accident?? He proceeds to cut me off badly, the kick is, he immediately goes back into the right lane and parks in front of BadASs Coffee. Again, WTF?>!:rofl:

To think we are going to have a huge influx of young drivers with the insurance reforms, that's just awesome.:thumbsup:

Oh yah a word of note, if any motorist really pisses you guys off, PM me. I have a friend that works at the registry, can get you all the golden information you want.:D :guns:

JAYMEZ
10-21-2004, 01:07 AM
i encountered a shit load of moron drivers today. mostly truck drivers today :dunno:

max_boost
10-21-2004, 01:55 AM
Ahhh more or less I just shake my head and move along. No time to worry about these morons, just be proactive and they can do whatever the hell they want because it'll catch up to them!!:D :thumbsup:

86max
10-21-2004, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Ahhh more or less I just shake my head and move along. No time to worry about these morons, just be proactive and they can do whatever the hell they want because it'll catch up to them!!:D :thumbsup:

Easier said than done lol. What get's me, is that these people think the rules don't apply to them. Most drivers in this city need a swift punch in the face. Then again, they probably think that too. One big cycle of rage.:nut:

VetteRacin
10-21-2004, 07:28 AM
just outa curiosity what kind of car was the first one?

cloud7
10-21-2004, 09:52 AM
there are so many bad crazy drivers that it's not worth losing brain cells about. Just chill and let them do thier things... it will catch up to them sooner or later.

QuasarCav
10-21-2004, 10:04 AM
If i posted all the plate #'s of idiot drivers it would be a 12 page thread.

Self-ownings are awesome though, makes you feel all warm inside.

B17a
10-21-2004, 10:12 AM
MB, that self owning would have made all that shit you put up with worthwhile, just for that day though!:thumbsup:

rage2
10-21-2004, 10:56 AM
There's a lot of really retarded SLOW drivers too. Leaving 4-5 car length gaps at 20km/h, driving 60 in 80 zone in the fast lane. When I pass them, they honk at me. :dunno:

Rush hour downtown is bad enough, don't need retarded slow drivers to make it 10x worse. It may be snowing, drive safe, but not stupid.

max_boost
10-21-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by VetteRacin
just outa curiosity what kind of car was the first one?

I'm not sure

Originally posted by B17a
MB, that self owning would have made all that shit you put up with worthwhile, just for that day though!:thumbsup:

You know some people who can't wait for the merge to end and quickly yank the wheel on to the main road? Well that's what that guy did. I mean he was just coming off the off ramp, the road wasn't even straight yet. He just went for it. LOL:rofl:

?????
10-21-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by rage2
There's a lot of really retarded SLOW drivers too. Leaving 4-5 car length gaps at 20km/h, driving 60 in 80 zone in the fast lane. When I pass them, they honk at me. :dunno:

Rush hour downtown is bad enough, don't need retarded slow drivers to make it 10x worse. It may be snowing, drive safe, but not stupid.

Your right. Main roads were basically dry the next day after the first snowfall and you still got drivers going 20km/h below the posted limit. Paranoia could be a collision hazard too.

bart
10-21-2004, 01:39 PM

buahaha, i hate people like that, although i had to drive pretty slow when i got caught with my summers on during that snow on sunday...

but whenever i pass people in slippery conditions they honk, wave, and high beam me, they go ape shit... i feel like slamming on the brakes and let them crash into me at that point....

86max
10-21-2004, 02:06 PM
There's a lot of really retarded SLOW drivers too. It may be snowing, drive safe, but not stupid.

:werd:
All those white-knucled drivers shouldn't drive in poor conditions if they do not feel comfortable doing so. Either learn how to control your vehicle, let someone else drive, or take the c-train. Winter is my favorite time of year to drive, the more extreme the conditions, the more fun. The only thing I'm scared of is other people.

Zero102
10-21-2004, 09:05 PM
^^^
Fucking right. If you don't feel right driving, don't!!!

Speaking of stupid shit on the roads today. Had one hell of a close call.

I was going down crowchild while it was snowing today, and the guy infront of me decided that he wanted to make it onto an offramp right before the island. He hammered the brakes, and before he even got to turn the wheel, his car went right sideways. Got his front end out beside him, then he hit the dry patch under an overpass. Next thing I knew, I was staring right at a guy that I'm sure was shitting his pants. I was just barely able to get into the next lane over. No way in hell I was panic braking after what happened to him. Damn lucky I didn't smash that guy. Watching him in my mirror, it looks like he came to a stop without hitting anything/anybody... What a lucky bastard.

zboost
10-22-2004, 05:53 PM
heres one for all you.. i was driving my 87 maxima.. ballzy for an old car, and i pulled out of my area and some fagget old man in a a newer truck was trying to gun it so i coudlent get into the left turn lane before him... but being the ncie guy i am i got there before him.. then at the turb light he comes right on my ass.. then we turn left and im driving all normal and he pulls out and cuts me off drift style.. so close to hitting himand now his truck is sideways infront of my car and we are both stopped.. so he gets out and runs toward my car and i have a 5 speed so i chuck her in reverse as he runs at me then i throw it in first and peel out while this reatard pickup driving piece of shit is in the middle of the road smeeling my burnt rubber! what a fucking joke.. thats the bigest moron

boi-alien
10-22-2004, 06:26 PM
you know what i think it is, it's the insurance reforms they're letting idiots that couldn't afford insurance before (probably cause of their abstract) drive on the roads now cause it's affordable to them.

Chester
10-22-2004, 07:02 PM

:werd: like the people doing 45 km/h on crowchild when it was foggy yesterday morning:whipped:

crazydave
10-22-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by boi-alien
you know what i think it is, it's the insurance reforms they're letting idiots that couldn't afford insurance before (probably cause of their abstract) drive on the roads now cause it's affordable to them.

i am one of those kids that got the insurance cut, im 17 and i think im a good driver with a clean record, so this doesnt apply to all. there are some good drivers out there. im not trying to start conflict or nothin im just making a point that the insurance cuts were good for people like me that need a break of paying 300bucks a month and go to high school and work part time.:) but i agree some people are just retarted when it comes to driving;)

boi-alien
10-22-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by crazydave

i am one of those kids that got the insurance cut, im 17 and i think im a good driver with a clean record, so this doesnt apply to all. there are some good drivers out there. im not trying to start conflict or nothin im just making a point that the insurance cuts were good for people like me that need a break of paying 300bucks a month and go to high school and work part time.:) but i agree some people are just retarted when it comes to driving;)
i did say that it was probably because of their abstract. You know what, if it doesn't apply for you props to you :thumbsup: it's nice to hear of young kids that don't drive like idiots. but fact of the matter is, the youngin's are more likely to drive like idiots than any other age group. again, props to you for not being one of them.

crazydave
10-22-2004, 10:27 PM
ya man thanks. but thing is....lol i dont know what abstract means so i guess i should not have replied if i didnt know what it means, but i agree, 70% of my friends have all gotten tickets and are paying raised insurance prices so that makes me think, id rather drive good now and be called a "pussy" than have to pay for it in the long run, i mean thats why they build race tracks and shit. its to drive like on the edge in a controlled enviroment. but w/e i dont wanna sound like no fun so ill stop talking now.:thumbsup:

crazydave
10-22-2004, 10:29 PM
btw i saw this ladie cop driving with her partner today in calgary and they must have been looking that there screen thing and she came literally cm's from smoking the curb at like 80. i laughed sooo hard as she jolted back into the lane.good times.

Foz
10-24-2004, 01:08 AM
Here's to good old Calgary drivers...:english: :guns:

eblend
10-24-2004, 06:46 PM
okay...well since everyone else is doing it..i will vent to
why do people find it nessessary to follow close to your ass when ur already going like 10 over...and then they gun it past you and never use turn signals....stupid fast and furious movie created all this stupid people who think that law does not apply to them
i wish so often that i was an undercover cop, so i could fine these idiots. anyways...here are some stories

1. Went down to edmonton couple month ago with all my friends in my ride. Driving down whitemud heading towards wem. if i am not mistaken..the road was 4 lanes wide in that part...so the right 3 lanes are moving normal speed...and then started slowing down...this dude in his Celica...looked latino or something...with a white blond girlfriend or whoever in the passanger seat was right behind me...the right 3 lanes started slowing down...so i slowed down..the dude sees an empty 4th lane and GUNS IT to like 120km/h...for like 5 seconds...then SLAMS his brakes..i am like wtf? well there was like a police lineup of like 5 cars on the side stopping speeded...cop came accross 3 lanes...pointed to the celica in the 4th lane and the celica crossed the other 3 lanes and went to the side...it was so hillarious! finally a jackass driver got cought in the act...i love edmonton police..they always seem to be there when u need them.

2. Yesturday morning, driving girlfriend to school she had an exam on saturday mornign. so i am driving down shag and driving speed limit, lil over. now accelerating slow or anyhting, just normal, this dude in a coffee and creame colored integra was right behind me...driving for a while not that close either..just driving behind...then all of the sudden just GUNS IT right past me..i was first in that section of traffic...so he gets ahead of me flying by like 50 over..i am like..fine whatever. then there is the next light.the dude went to the different laen and that lane got behind so basicly after his showing off i was still in front of him. so the second set of light changes..i start moving..the guy gets behind me....and does the same shit again! i am like wtf dude! he guns it..flies by me...and goes in front of me and far ahead..gave him a finger just for fun..what a freaking loser. then we get to the bottom of shag about to turn onto crochild toward uni..the dude is stuck at the light again..i am like a few cars behind. then there is another light and i am right 1 car behind...basicly..this guy was tring to show off so much and i was just driving normally...still got to the same place at same time...so stupid. pisses me off really. ohh well. too bad calgary cops are never there when u need them, and always there when u don't hehe