PDA

View Full Version : Ward 10 - Resign or not?

Xtrema
10-21-2004, 06:50 AM
By now, you probably heard of Margot Aftergood and the ballot scandal in Ward 10. She had come forward that the mail in ballot is collected by her team. Even tho she won without having those counted, the fact still remain that she's collect votes by herself and that just seems wrong. And some of those votes she collected may be for the incumbent and having them discounted this way is just not fair.

The fact that she never told anyone about this until cops are on the case also doesn't paint a good picture of her. Showing up with lawyer, even worse.

My opinion: I agree basically everyone's comment on Herald this morning that she should step aside until police finish the investigation. And court or police result won't matter since her image is already tarnished and that's polictial suicide. If they wer to have a by-election, she would lose big time and I think she knows that.

Listening on a few on the spot phone interview with her on radio, she sounds arrogant and bitchy. Hardly sounds like an educated person.

Did anyone mail in ballot to that P.O box?

What's your take?

Weapon_R
10-21-2004, 12:26 PM
Before she publically admitted to ordering all of those false ballots, I would have argued that she remain in office until they found out more.

But recent developments have pointed to her as the one who ordered the ballots. There is no excuse for that - she should DEFINATELY leave politics immediately.