PDA

View Full Version : Changing to winter tires, few questions...

Hakkola
10-21-2004, 11:18 PM
Hey, first and foremost, has anybody had problems changing tires when having fibre glass sideskirts? It's a concern that was raised by someone at a shop awhile ago, i don't really foresee any problems..

Second of all, do they make lo-pro winter tires? I'm thinking about leaving the chromies on for the winter, I'm supposed to change the tires tomorrow though so I need to make up my mind on which rims to go with, the stock hubbies, old rims, or the new ones...

Thanks!

max_boost
10-21-2004, 11:24 PM
What size tire do you need? The BMW guys are switching over their 18inch wheels, I don't think they have a winter tire for a 19inch rim? If that's what you have......:dunno:

lam-boy
10-21-2004, 11:27 PM
put the winters on your old wheels, pimp!

Hakkola
10-22-2004, 01:10 AM
Wheels are only 18 inch, any idea how much winter rubber will cost?

ZorroAMG
10-22-2004, 02:02 AM
Hakk, the winter here'll eat your chrome up. bite teh bullet and deal with the "uncool" rims for the winter :D then have clean, flawless pimpers for the spring. Get the Dunlop Graspic DS-1 (or 2) and you'll be happy. They aren't that much $$ and they grip ice and snow like a mawfugga.

Kaos
10-22-2004, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Hakk, the winter here'll eat your chrome up. bite teh bullet and deal with the "uncool" rims for the winter :D then have clean, flawless pimpers for the spring. Get the Dunlop Graspic DS-1 (or 2) and you'll be happy. They aren't that much $$ and they grip ice and snow like a mawfugga.

:werd:
Ds-2's rock....

ryder_23
10-22-2004, 02:29 AM
Hakk go with stock hubbies. I've switchd to my stock rims which have my winters, and already they have taken some damage from minimal riocks out there....besides, if they get even more damaged, u;d feel better about having stockers on besides your :bigpimp: rims :thumbsup:

as for which kind of winters to go with, i;m not too sure, i love my artic alpines, but i'm sure their is better out there, just depends on ur budget :)