PDA

View Full Version : Broken Plate - Willow Park

Ben
10-22-2004, 09:11 AM
Broken Plate - Willow Park

Anyone been there before?

I have been to the one in Kensington, and would never ever return, as the service was horrific.

I've got dinner on Sunday at this Willow Park location, Party of 2, just wondering if anyone else has had good experience there? What was the best food you had and what should I expect for service?

Cheers.

Pacman
10-22-2004, 09:32 AM
I ate at the Willow Park location a few months ago. I wouldn't say the service was "horrific", but there was nothing special about the place that makes me want to go back.

xkon
10-22-2004, 10:24 AM
shoulda kept it as a harveys, id rather go there!!!

sputnik
10-22-2004, 11:11 AM
didnt find it too special either...

however the saganaki (fried and flambee'd cheese) was pretty good.

ZorroAMG
10-22-2004, 11:16 AM
The food was weak in Kensington. Go to Ouzo (sp?) on 4th Street SW. Same chef as paros on 4th, which IMO and my greek friends, was the most authentic greek food in Calgary

Ben
10-22-2004, 11:28 AM
well this looks rather bleek.

haha, oh well.

I'll let y'all know how it goes.

GTS Jeff
10-22-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Broken Plate - Willow Park

Anyone been there before?

I have been to the one in Kensington, and would never ever return, as the service was horrific.

I've got dinner on SUnday at this Willow Park location, Party of 2, just wondering if anyone else has had good experience there? What was the best food you had and what should I expect for service?

Cheers. holy shit!

ive been to the broken plate in kensington and i thought it was great!

-food: definitely good, tho what stood out the most was the calamari, by far the best ive ever had.
-service: some of the best service ive ever received. in fact, i can still remember the servers name.

roopi
10-22-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
The food was weak in Kensington. Go to Ouzo (sp?) on 4th Street SW. Same chef as paros on 4th, which IMO and my greek friends, was the most authentic greek food in Calgary

Paros has been a long time favorite for me. :thumbsup:

ZorroAMG
10-22-2004, 02:11 PM
^ well their chef is at ouzo now, right across the street from the old location...I agree, best greek in town!

1badPT
10-22-2004, 02:32 PM
I've always been a fan of Pegasus, but the belly dancing has a lot to do with my preference :D

Ben
10-24-2004, 07:19 PM
Welp, On my way right now...I'll let you know how it turns out.

Ben
10-25-2004, 09:08 AM
Ok, so my overall impression was actually not too bad.

I felt the Menu to be very unique, as I dont dine at a lot of Mediterrainian restaurants.

I myself ordered 'Zeus Chicken' - $20

Fantastic assembly of greens and other lentil garnishments around a very tender and flavorful portion of chicken breast/wing combo, that was stuffed with some sort of green concoction that tasted quite exquisite :).

The wine was also very good, I dont recall the Vinyard but it was a good Shiraz for about 35/bottle.

Total cost for two persons including the wine, after dinner coffee and Tip was about 90 dollars. I feel the meal was a little more expensive for what you get, portion wise, however it was prepared well and tasted great.

Food - 8/10
Ambience - 4/5
Service - 4/5
Value - 3.5/5

ZorroAMG
10-25-2004, 09:36 AM
Who's the laaaaady friend Ben?????! :D

Ben
10-25-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Who's the laaaaady friend Ben?????! :D

You'll meet her soon enough.

iceburns288
10-25-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Fantastic assembly of greens and other lentil garnishments around a very tender and flavorful portion of chicken breast/wing combo, that was stuffed with some sort of green concoction that tasted quite exquisite:)

You are DEFINITELY going to work as an Iron Chef judge one day!:D

Ben
10-25-2004, 06:25 PM
hahaha, yeah well, I figured I'd be a goof and write it like a review. :tongue:

Ferio_vti
10-25-2004, 07:14 PM
Ugh, broken plate is not a place you want to go if you hungry.
With a party of 6, we were there for a good 3 hours cuz all they fucken do is dance around and entertain.
It'd be okay if they had a seperate staff for dancing and serving. But its not worth it, considering the size of the place and unless you're right in front, you can see wtf they're doing.