PDA

View Full Version : Senior Citizens

max_boost
11-25-2002, 04:25 PM
Can they drive? Are they brain dead?

So I'm cruising along 16th Ave after turning off from Deerfoot on my wait to SAIT. This old couple is driving beside me until they decided to switch over to my lane. No signals, nothing, they just yanked the wheel over and almost forced me to curb my car! I had to slam on my brakes and I watched them come within a millimeter of hitting my car. WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH THAT!?!?:guns: :guns: :guns: End of rant.

max_boost
11-25-2002, 04:26 PM
So I go psycho, give them the finger, honk my horn, pull up beside them, do the same stunt they did. They aren't phaze by it, they didn't even look over. I swear they are walking zombies.:rolleyes: :dunno:

Redlyne_mr2
11-25-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Can they drive? Are they brain dead?

So I'm cruising along 16th Ave after turning off from Deerfoot on my wait to SAIT. This old couple is driving beside me until they decided to switch over to my lane. No signals, nothing, they just yanked the wheel over and almost forced me to curb my car! I had to slam on my brakes and I watched them come within a millimeter of hitting my car. WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH THAT!?!?:guns: :guns: :guns: End of rant.
maybe the old man was getting a piece:dunno: :poosie: :rofl:

CRXguy
11-25-2002, 04:29 PM
That is so wrong Redlyne!!!!:barf: :rofl:

It's OK MB. At least you gave 'em the finger! All should be well. lol:rofl:

Davan
11-25-2002, 04:45 PM
I can't count how many close calls I've seen with seniors.

The latest one... I was stopped behind a decomposing old guy on the crowchild trail over pass, on Richmond road. I was at least a half car length behind him, and what does he do in his big crown vic? Takes his foot off the brake. He slowly backing up getting closer and closer to me. So I start rollin backwards a bit... leaning on horn. Man did I ever lean on the horn. But I guess the batteries in his hearing aid were dead. He kept rolling back... Eventually a middle-aged lady beside him in the left lane caught his attention and he got back on the brake. Dumbass.

finboy
11-25-2002, 04:47 PM
http://maddox.xmission.com/oldppl.html

James
11-25-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy
It's OK MB. At least you gave 'em the finger! All should be well. lol:rofl:

:rofl: ....You showed them!:thumbsup: ...seriously most old people are horrible for shit like that....and when they do something wrong, they dont even acknowledge it!....like wtf!! did you not realize you were 3 inches from my car!:banghead:

RSeXy
11-25-2002, 05:08 PM
you have to be patient w/ old people. they aren't as quick as they used to be. just learn to be a more defensive driver and be cautious around ppl you think may pull that kind of stuff...i always try to make sure that i have space between me and any other car that is driving on the road. :thumbsup:

you shouldn't have cut them off like that. old ppl get scared and are weary of younger, aggressive drivers. if they aren't fit to drive..their license would've been suspended. everyone has bad days. just try to minimize them.

CRXguy
11-25-2002, 05:11 PM
^^^^

Please!!!!:rolleyes:

Senior drivers are at risk just as much as newbie teen drivers. I think anyone over 50 should take a re-test every couple years or so.

RSeXy
11-25-2002, 05:13 PM
^^^^

Senior drivers are at risk just as much as newbie teen drivers. I think anyone over 50 should take a re-test every couple years or so.

that's a good suggestion.

ok i'll rephrase myself...just be cautious of all drivers and don't stereotype them.:)

James
11-25-2002, 05:13 PM
^^^^

I wonder if that would ever pass though:dunno: ...seeing as most of the people who would be involved in makeing that happen are of that age or older...i think after 65-70....they should have to take a re-test.

boi-alien
11-25-2002, 05:14 PM
^^^^

Senior drivers are at risk just as much as newbie teen drivers. I think anyone over 50 should take a re-test every couple years or so. :werd:

GTS Jeff
11-25-2002, 05:18 PM
when im old ill be sure to own all the young-uns...

van
11-25-2002, 05:22 PM
Fuck being patient with the older folks.

I was going to the Vietnamese Village on 52nd St and Memorial Dr. and I'm in the parking lot just driving away at 5km/hr cause there are always dumbasses that reverse out without looking.

So anyways my brother is in the car with me rolling along and this BUICK starts to reverse back and I slow down the car until I'm hardly moving and he still REVERSES back so I turned the wheel to the left and just cranked on the pedal and fell within inches of getting hit by the other car.

I honked my horn got out of the car walked up the guys window and told him "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?"

He kind of just looked at me and then looked straight ahead. I'm like "DID YOU NOT FUCKING SEE ME BEHIND YOU? I DRIVE A PRETTY BRIGHT RED CAR ITS LIKE A STOP SIGN YOU FUCKING SEE IT YOU FUCKING STOP OKAY SO YOU DONT HIT ME.. YOU WERE THIS CLOSE" (i show him using my fingers)

Then I got back in my car and calmed down a bit and went to VV and had some Pho. That made me feel a little better.

CRXguy
11-25-2002, 05:25 PM
Crazy ass Nammers!!!:rofl:

van
11-25-2002, 05:33 PM
No no, I'm pretty black for a nammer. I think its the negro inside of me. I think I'm related to the Big Black Guy named Ben. haha

redline_13000
11-25-2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
when im old ill be sure to own all the young-uns...

:werd:

hjr
11-25-2002, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by James

I wonder if that would ever pass though:dunno: ...seeing as most of the people who would be involved in makeing that happen are of that age or older...i think after 65-70....they should have to take a re-test.

they do have to. but because they are real slow and cautious, most have no troulbe passing

Ekliptix
11-25-2002, 07:36 PM
just wait untill the baby boomer bunch are older:nut:

[GaGe]
11-25-2002, 07:47 PM
when i was in my parents' car, there was a senior driver that was in the middle of a 2 lane road, and driving about 15km/hr slower than the speed limit. I think they should just take the bus or something, cause they have bad vision and they are really slow, which causes problems on the road.

Hakkola
11-25-2002, 10:32 PM
Run 'em off the road!!!!!!

J/K, i think they should have to take a test at 60, then at 62, then every year after that