PDA

View Full Version : Your meals/foods for beefing up

awd
10-22-2004, 10:30 AM
Hey guys,

I am working out again -- what are some meals/foods you use for building muscle?

discuss.

QuasarCav
10-22-2004, 10:33 AM
Steak tartar and Caesar salad.

May not be the most tasty meal but it is proteinlicious.

I used to make shakes with bananas and eggs, some people called me crazy but I swear it really helped.

Aleks
10-22-2004, 10:34 AM
Beef, chicken, pasta, bread, eggs, fish, did i say bread? You should eat lots of fruit and veggies too of course.

GTS Jeff
10-22-2004, 12:36 PM
umm BEEF. i ordered a quadruple beef from edo the other day.

rahim
10-22-2004, 01:03 PM
oatmeal is the best bulking food there is just blend some dry oats and throw them in all you shakes, lots of good calories.

badseed
10-22-2004, 01:06 PM
Fish, egg whites, chicken breast :thumbsup:

civicrider
10-22-2004, 01:31 PM
BEER hah

Singel
10-22-2004, 02:08 PM
What about for dropping fat while increasing muscle mass? Is higher protein the way to go still?

rahim
10-22-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Singel
What about for dropping fat while increasing muscle mass? Is higher protein the way to go still?
dropping fat and increasing muscle mass at the same time is impossible without "help"

1badPT
10-22-2004, 02:22 PM
hard boiled eggs (3 a day)
peanut butter (on apples - yum :))
cottage cheese (a cup a day)
tuna (don't want to eat too much of this-I usually go one week with a can a day, and then leave it alone for the next week)
cheese
whey powder shakes (post workout taken with dextrose)
oatmeal
pasta with meats and vegetables in the sauce
lots of fruits (at least 3 pieces a day)

Break your meals into smaller snack sized meals and eat more frequently (instead of 3 big meals, go with 6 small ones).

That will add some protein and healthy carbs and healthy fat to your diet - granted you won't be the best person to be around if you get the farts, but you will get mass.

~Leah~
10-22-2004, 03:59 PM
While I'm not a guy and I'm not a bulker, I'd say anything with lots of protein!! You'll notice results if you consume protein an hour to an hour and a half before your workout, then I recommend protein shakes after workouts. The protein after the workout helps rebuild the muscles you just worked.

Lots of pasta and oatmeal and whole grains... and of course fruits and veggies help lots too!

~Leah~
10-22-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Singel

Anytime you want to increase muscle mass, protein is always the way to go. If you want to drop fat, just slightly decrease the amount of carbs you intake (by no means do this as extremely as the Atkin's diet -- it isn't healthy for your body) and do more cardio, while still doing weight training. On days when you are training your upper body, save your cardio workouts for after the weight training, otherwise you risk form, and won't get maximum results. On days when you're working your lower body, do your cardio first.

zboost
10-22-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by civicrider
BEER hah
ahaha only have beer if you want to hide your 6 or 8 pack.. i eat allot of beef as mentioned above, tuna, salmon, pasta, raw eggs in a milkshake:eek: , but latley i have just been workng out harder and not realyl caring about what i eat as long as im gettin pusssy for desert on weekends :bigpimp:

davidI
10-22-2004, 04:38 PM
Eggs, Tuna, Chicken, Oats, Cottage Cheese, Yogurt, Natty PB

/Thread

Chim
10-22-2004, 05:47 PM
You guys forgot spaghetti. I think it works out to something like 25 cents for 700 healthy calories

three.eighteen.
10-22-2004, 06:08 PM
fast absorbtion protein post workout is gonna help most when bulking up...get a hold of some whey, or if you wanna go all food, lots of beef, tuna, chicken and nuts