PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on '94 Thunderbird LX

SimpleTruth
10-22-2004, 03:16 PM
I'm in the market for a new ride...something affordable that won't give me too many problems.

I found a '94 Ford Thunderbird LX, in good condition, very affordable...but I had someone tell me that the Transmissions in those cars aren't really reliable. Is that true? She also said the engines don't usually last like they should.

I'm a young guy and I work two jobs, it's important my car doesn't give out on me, I can't afford those kind of repairs...is there any truth to what I've been told?

QuasarCav
10-22-2004, 03:17 PM
Worried about reliablilty?

Dont buy a ford or GM product, I speak from experience.

I would rather drive a 1983 Civic 1.3 than a new sunfire.

Toms-SC
10-22-2004, 04:42 PM
With any Ford 3.8L V6 (The one found in the LX) the headgaskets have major issues! The transmissions on the other hand I cannot comment about, mine has been fine.

SimpleTruth
10-22-2004, 08:45 PM
okay...so maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree...a better question would probably be to ask what I can get used that I won't have to keep pumping money into...I understand you can only go so far when you buy used but when I watch my dad constantly putting money into his Chrysler LeBaron, I think it's just shameful...what a piece of garbage.

I'm not in it to impress anyone and I dont need a speedy car...so any suggestions, then? Keep in mind I'm buying used.