PDA

View Full Version : Is this hard to do?

Dudek
10-22-2004, 11:43 PM
Hey is it hard to start from a stopped position in 5th gear?

JordanLotoski
10-22-2004, 11:44 PM
lol....why do you wanna know,,, your car have one gear?

FiveFreshFish
10-22-2004, 11:44 PM
Yes.

Dudek
10-22-2004, 11:51 PM
Seriously it's hard? Cause on my dads Sentra I can do it.

nismodrifter
10-22-2004, 11:55 PM
yuor sentra is a 2001?? damn you didn't know about the special 5th gear start feature??
rev it up to 6k....put it in 5th...and drop the clutch SLOWLLLY....car will switch automatically into power mode and you'll be smokin tires in no time!! Use this feature to smoke those pesky Integra Type R's!!

:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

3G
10-22-2004, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Dudek

That's not good for your clutch/tranny, I remember doing it on my buddies 88 Prelude, the smell wasn't nice!

JordanLotoski
10-23-2004, 12:02 AM

then why u asking if you know u can do it?

FiveFreshFish
10-23-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Dudek in another thread
Also in my dads crappy Sentra I notice I get like no torque in 4th or 5th gear going at 100km/h. When I want to pass someone at that speed it takes so long for me to pass them, should I down shift to 3rd or is that not smart?

If you have no torque in 5th gear at 100 km/h, I can imagine how much you have to slip the clutch to get it going from a standstill.

3G
10-23-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT

then why u asking if you know u can do it?

Maybe it keeps stalling on him :dunno:

Dudek
10-23-2004, 12:11 PM
I want to know because I am just curious, yesterday I accidently had it in third gear when I drove and was like wtf. I did 3rd no problem so then I thought i'd try fourth because I was bored did that no problem to, and finally tried fifth gear and did that pretty ez to.

So I was just woundering weather or not that is hard to do or not in a standard because you get like no power starting in 5th.

Oh and also I had a feeling it was bad for my clutch but I just wanted to try it once to see if I could lol.

sin
10-23-2004, 03:08 PM
you get no power in fifth because its not meant to start in 5th... should you really be driving a standard car if you dont even know that?

Stratus_Power
10-23-2004, 03:14 PM
maybe thats why he's still driving his daddy's car

Dudek
10-23-2004, 03:42 PM
dude of course I know that, that wasnt what I was asking I was just asking if it is hard to do because I know the further up you go in gear the less power you have when your in a stopped position, so in order to get rolling you have to be very good with using the clutch and gas otherwise you stall the car just like when you start in first.

Also does it help if I tell ya that I was stoned out of my mind and didnt realize it was in third? And to trip out more I wanted to try fourth and then fifth gear lol.

If you've ever watched an anime called Initial D, I'm pretty much like Takumi dude, he has no clue about cars but he has the insticts to drive good. Not saying I'm a pro or anything lol, but I know I'm better then alot of my buddies that drive standard.

xrayvsn
10-23-2004, 03:48 PM
Please don't drive stoned. :thumbsdow

redec

If you've ever watched an anime called Initial D, I'm pretty much like Takumi dude, he has no clue about cars but he has the insticts to drive good. Not saying I'm a pro or anything lol, but I know I'm better then alot of my buddies that drive standard.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

badseed
This thread is as usless as a screen door on a submarine :dunno:

FiveFreshFish
10-23-2004, 03:51 PM
...so in order to get rolling you have to be very good with using the clutch and gas...
Yes, that takes a little bit of coordination but it's pointless to practice because it's useless as a driving skill. You only need to do that in first gear (and sometimes second gear).

Also does it help if I tell ya that I was stoned out of my mind and didnt realize it was in third?
Driving stone out of your mind? :thumbsdow :thumbsdow I'm glad you don't live in Calgary.

habsfan
10-23-2004, 04:15 PM
Also does it help if I tell ya that I was stoned out of my mind...

dont drive stoned. if you must drive stoned, please drive off a cliff.

Dudek
10-23-2004, 04:27 PM
I might live there one day :)

Marsh
10-23-2004, 04:48 PM
^please dont while your in the stoner age

Def_3
10-23-2004, 04:49 PM
dude of course I know that, that wasnt what I was asking I was just asking if it is hard to do because I know the further up you go in gear the less power you have when your in a stopped position, so in order to get rolling you have to be very good with using the clutch and gas otherwise you stall the car just like when you start in first.

Also does it help if I tell ya that I was stoned out of my mind and didnt realize it was in third? And to trip out more I wanted to try fourth and then fifth gear lol.

:clap: hahaha thank you very much for a real "awesome" quote there buddy boy

markymark
10-23-2004, 08:53 PM
Your that awesome of a driver even though you don't know when to shift down to pass? Damn and all this time I thought your suposed to start in first...
Go smoke weed, watch Initial D, and play some grand-turismo you pro, improve those skills and then go do some real street racing with down shifting and all! :thumbsup:

Kamen
10-24-2004, 12:00 AM

:rofl: You Ontario kids crack me up.

Originally posted by markymark
Your that awesome of a driver even though you don't know when to shift down to pass? Damn and all this time I thought your suposed to start in first...
Go smoke weed, watch Initial D, and play some grand-turismo you pro, improve those skills and then go do some real street racing with down shifting and all! :thumbsup:
When did he mention downshifting?

:dunno:

markymark
10-24-2004, 12:23 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62910

DonJuan
10-24-2004, 08:42 PM
If you've ever watched an anime called Initial D, I'm pretty much like Takumi dude, he has no clue about cars but he has the insticts to drive good. Not saying I'm a pro or anything lol, but I know I'm better then alot of my buddies.
Dude this is SO going in my signature!!!:rofl:

@lchy
10-24-2004, 08:57 PM
Were you drivin in waterloo recently cause about a week ago, i was there visiting my girlfriend and i saw a corolla and a sentra smash it up together:poosie:

cp1
10-25-2004, 03:21 AM
Dear God:

Please prevent this guy from ever driving again...

The end. AMEN!

starting in 5th is dumb! it puts so much strain on your motor you might as well drive with half your spark-plugs! i hear thats good while your stoned too!

and when your really baked, like right out of your tree man, i like to drain all my fluids then see how far my car will coast down a hill but in neutral and revved up to like 8000rpm that way im all like "im flooring it and were still acclerating man!"

A total trip! so is drinkin' a 26 of vodka then drivin around in reverse using only your rear-view mirror... Like whoa man its the greatest most trippy thing ever and only cool stoner people do it!

Another prayer for God;

Dear God:

Help this man go quietly in his sleep so he doesnt kill me should i ever drive in ontario!

Amen.

ZorroAMG
10-25-2004, 09:58 AM
Fuckin' Kitcheners.

Khyron
10-25-2004, 10:06 AM
Phone his dad and tell him that his moron son is trashing his car "for fun".

Khyron

Z_Fan
10-25-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by cp1
Another prayer for God;

Dear God:

Help this man go quietly in his sleep so he doesnt kill me should i ever drive in ontario!

Amen.

Prayer revision.

Dear God:

Help this *BOY* ....

Amen.

ThE tV 8 mE
10-25-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by cp1
Dear God:

Please prevent this guy from ever driving again...

The end. AMEN!

starting in 5th is dumb! it puts so much strain on your motor you might as well drive with half your spark-plugs! i hear thats good while your stoned too!

and when your really baked, like right out of your tree man, i like to drain all my fluids then see how far my car will coast down a hill but in neutral and revved up to like 8000rpm that way im all like "im flooring it and were still acclerating man!"

A total trip! so is drinkin' a 26 of vodka then drivin around in reverse using only your rear-view mirror... Like whoa man its the greatest most trippy thing ever and only cool stoner people do it!

Another prayer for God;

Dear God:

Amen.

HAHHA!! That was awesome!!!

canadiandaytona
10-25-2004, 12:47 PM
dYa some one find his dads email address and send him this thread.
Moron:banghead:

ex1z7
10-26-2004, 01:51 AM
You don't have to be awesome with the clutch and gas to start in a higher gear - just don't be terrible..

And stop fucking up your dads car - go buy a beater 500 dollar rust pot and fuck with that..

Ah man some people scare me..

mazda_maniac
10-27-2004, 12:25 PM
MAN, are you serious? You can start in fifth? I think you should send a video in to Initial D and see if you can be in the game I think you'de be the next hit with all those instincts and all!