PDA

View Full Version : Del sol for winter??

Importz
11-25-2002, 08:10 PM
Has any of you guys driven a Del sol in the winter?? Do you guys know if it will slide everywhere or it should be ok???

spyderman
11-25-2002, 08:33 PM
I had a del sol for winter, and it made a pretty good winter car. You won't be sliding everywhere unless you want to, however, you can have a lot of fun with it if you do let it slide out once in while... :D They are fairly easy to manoeuvre around in the winter.

CRXguy
11-25-2002, 08:49 PM
That's what I thought as well.

:D

boi-alien
11-25-2002, 09:59 PM
awesome little cars, had one for a while, i love letting it slide and having some fun

GTS Jeff
11-25-2002, 11:36 PM
its fwd, all its weight is at the front, and it has next to no power...

awesome winter car fo sho!!

van
11-25-2002, 11:38 PM
I think a Del Sol would be a cool car to drive in the Winter, maybe I should go pick one up haha

jaylo
11-28-2002, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
its fwd, all its weight is at the front, and it has next to no power...

awesome winter car fo sho!!

Just wondering why everyone thinks that a del sol has no power at all, the vtec versions did come w/ b16a3, neato car...

ramminghard
11-28-2002, 08:55 PM
spinning out is fun for the first month of winter. i drive a RWD pickup and it is soo fun but driving anywhere normally is just scary. if i were you i would look at an older audi. just my opinion

Mikko
11-28-2002, 09:01 PM
Light and FWD. Put on winter tyres (I recommend Michelin Maxi-Ice if you can find them, they are optimized for tarmac but do very well on the other surfaces too, sounds like a good Calgary tyre. The blizzaks are shitty on tarmac, in contrast) and it would make a most excellent winter car. I can't really think of many better ones. The low weight is truly awesome when grip levels are low.

High weight only comes in handy for one thing - trying to grip through slush and water that can cover the road. But with less narrow tyres on lighter cars, they rule the heavier ones. Heavy also means longer braking distances, much more horrible cornering, etc.

GTS Jeff
11-29-2002, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by jaylo

Just wondering why everyone thinks that a del sol has no power at all, the vtec versions did come w/ b16a3, neato car... 2 vtec models...the d16 with 127hp and the b16 with 160...

but almost nobody got the b16 model..

jaylo
11-29-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
2 vtec models...the d16 with 127hp and the b16 with 160...

but almost nobody got the b16 model..

yah I know there's the sohc and dohc =) the b16's are kind of rare =)

szw
12-01-2002, 04:16 AM
At one point I was looking for a del-sol. Only interested in the vtec model, didn't seem that hard to find. Within two weeks I drove 3 of them.

GTS Jeff
12-01-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by szw
At one point I was looking for a del-sol. Only interested in the vtec model, didn't seem that hard to find. Within two weeks I drove 3 of them. what did u think of the car?

szw
12-01-2002, 01:25 PM
I liked it a lot. I still kind of regret getting a new (big) car...I only really need a two seater, something small.

But the problem with the three I test-drove, was that two had high mileage, and the low-mileage one had a beat-up body kit, and what looks like bullet holes on one side! The kid who showed it to me, said it was his mom's car, and he was just selling it for her...yea right. haha

Otherwise I think they look great. A little girly but whatever, I love that power back window!

GTS Jeff
12-02-2002, 12:18 AM
haha, thats the fun of testdriving man!