PDA

View Full Version : Doing 11's in the 1/4 is a big waste!

Hollywood
11-26-2002, 12:55 AM
I think I'm with most people that want a car that does the 1/4 fast for race city. Not that I have the money to get me into the 11's, but there seems no point.

As soon as you hit 11's they kick you off if you don't meet the faster safety requirements. The safety part does not bug me that's fine. But it's a lot of things you have to do and spend $$$ and sacrfice street covienence, ie: rool bar, 5 point..etc..

I don't know..just does not seem like it's worth the hassel, if you hit 12's here at race city (calgary) that's pretty respectable to me.

ninjak84
11-26-2002, 12:58 AM
What?
They "kick you off" once you hit 11's?

szw
11-26-2002, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Hollywood

they kick you off if you don't meet the faster safety requirements.

szw
11-26-2002, 01:08 AM
Personally I think the whole 1/4 mile thing is a waste. When all is said and done, you can say you shaved 1 second off your time. Then everyone else who isn't 'in the know' will be like "1 second? You spent 2 grand for 1 second faster?" Then some sweedish dude will come out and say "That is because you crazy."

:D

I will be there in the spring though, just for fun!

sexualbanana
11-26-2002, 01:16 AM
u need a 5point once u hit 11's??

Toma
11-26-2002, 01:47 AM
You think safety equipment is expensive to run 11's??

LOL, try 9's then :D

GTS Jeff
11-26-2002, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by szw
Then some sweedish dude will come out and say "That is because you crazy."

:D hahahahaha :rofl: :rofl:

Redlyne_mr2
11-26-2002, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Toma
You think safety equipment is expensive to run 11's??

LOL, try 9's then :D
Toma what else is required for 9 second cars???

4wheeldrift
11-26-2002, 07:37 AM
IIRC, its a full roll cage, scattershields on the driveline, a fuel cell, harnesses, kill switches and on the list goes. Basically the car has to turn into a full out drag car.

DSM Power
11-26-2002, 08:21 AM
I thought you needed a rollcage below 12 seconds anyways... :confused: Not that I have to worry yet... :rolleyes:

Mikko
11-26-2002, 08:40 AM
It's crazy to pay that much money to gain that little time! :poosie:

rage2
11-26-2002, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by szw
Personally I think the whole 1/4 mile thing is a waste. When all is said and done, you can say you shaved 1 second off your time. Then everyone else who isn't 'in the know' will be like "1 second? You spent 2 grand for 1 second faster?" Then some sweedish dude will come out and say "That is because you crazy."

One second down the 1/4 at speeds that'll get you 11's is quite huge... buslengths on a real road! :D

Hollywood
11-26-2002, 10:27 AM
I'm just seeing if people agree with me here. Rage, would you want your car to get into the 11's but also street driven car as well?

rage2
11-26-2002, 11:08 AM
I'm just seeing if people agree with me here. Rage, would you want your car to get into the 11's but also street driven car as well?

Only if it can do 11's on street tires :D.

boi-alien
11-26-2002, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Only if it can do 11's on street tires :D.

11s on street tires would be pretty damn impressive! :hitit:

2000impreza
11-26-2002, 12:37 PM
i would love to have a daily driven car that does 11's on street tires :burnout: :devil:

90_Shelby
11-26-2002, 01:19 PM
Easy fix if your worried about getting booted, run the times once.................get booted than drive on the street. It's a simple solution thats been done several times before.

mitsuman
11-26-2002, 01:22 PM
I thought the new rules permit stock cars to run 11.50 or slower with speed under 125 mph(or something in that range). At least that is what is allowed in Edmonton!

But yeah...having a low 12 sec car is plenty for me to get into trouble! :D

speedracer
11-26-2002, 01:40 PM
Street convience or saftey.. hmmm dunno about you but I consider my life worth a lot

Taloness
11-26-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by 90_Shelby
Easy fix if your worried about getting booted, run the times once.................get booted than drive on the street. It's a simple solution thats been done several times before.

I don't understand. Are you encouraging street racing? Or just stating that this is what people are known to do?

I think it's like anything else. If you feel the need to achieve a 12 second time, then you are going to have to put in the time and cash. For other people it is body work - again, time and cash. It's a matter of priorities. There is also the measure of horsepower . . . some people become dyno junkies! And some people should . . . Max :burnout: . . . my $0.02.

ninspeed
11-26-2002, 03:15 PM
i dont think they mean street raqcing, but rather being able to take the car on the roads to go to work, meets ect... would you really want a full out drag car just to run once/twice a week?

cocoabrova
11-26-2002, 05:07 PM
I think most enthusiasts would love to run 11's (street OR drag tires)-it's more of a $$ thing. For myself, I chose buying a house over a :bigpimp: ride:dunno: But once in awhile, I try and tell myself I made the wrong decision:nut: :rofl: :rofl:

Dope Dealer
11-26-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by cocoabrova
I think most enthusiasts would love to run 11's (street OR drag tires)-it's more of a $$ thing. For myself, I chose buying a house over a :bigpimp: ride:dunno: But once in awhile, I try and tell myself I made the wrong decision:nut: :rofl: :rofl:

Do you still own the White ITR?

What's wrong with that? :bigpimp:

Family first though :thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
11-26-2002, 06:11 PM
I remember when I was young I promised myself Id buy an f40 or a ghini over a house and just live in an apartment...not sure what im going to do yet:D

cocoabrova
11-26-2002, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Dope Dealer
Do you still own the White ITR?What's wrong with that? :bigpimp:Family first though :thumbsup:
1)Yes, 2)not fast enough, 3)Yup, #1 on my list of priorities. Cars are evil though, they take all your $$ and get you into all sorts of trouble, kinda like women:werd: :rofl: :rofl:

hjr
11-26-2002, 06:47 PM
i saw a write up that took a teg to mid 11's. it cost something like US$12000. Thats way too much. if you really want to go that fast you might as well pick up an old buick 400cc V8, with a lighter chassis. put US$4000 into the engine and tires and then boot it at the track. Mid 11's. ..i know, V8's 'suck' bla bla bla. but if your only consern it hitting the 11. thats the way to go. now if you want show, imports are the way to go.;)

90_Shelby
11-26-2002, 07:48 PM
...get booted than drive on the street.

Now I don't know about you guys but I don't recall telling people to go street racing.:rolleyes: I don't understand why people think you have to go "street racing" to enjoy your car. I also don't understand why everyone relates any type of enthusiast driving on the streets as "street racing."

IMO most people want timeslips for bragging rights, once you have that timeslip, you know how fast your car is and so does everyone else at the track. I think it would be a lot more interesting at the track if they allowed you to choose if you want your ET and mph posted on the board, and just gave you a timeslip instead and posted the win light. This would be a lot more similar to street racing and would make things more interesting.

P.S. If only that recipe for mid 11's was true:rolleyes: 400cc Buick:dunno:

Fluidic
11-26-2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by szw
Then some sweedish dude will come out and say "That is because you crazy."

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

That guy is awesome. I love his accent. "Do you feel sorry for the tacky little creamer"? "Yes"? "That is because you crazy"... *proceeds to walk off-screen*

LOL

Peter

Toma
11-26-2002, 11:16 PM
Additional equipment to run 9's....
Full 2 layer driving suite, SFI approved (about $600)
Aftermarket Axles
Full roll cage that needs to be certified every 3 years ($)
SFI approved flexplate/flywheel/clutch
SFI approved transmission shield
Window net
NHRA Competition Liscence ($)
SFI harmonic balancer
Rear mounted battery shut off switch

I am sure I am missing something, but there is a few grand up there.

My trubo stang was a perfect daily driver, got 25 mpg (fantastic for a V8), and ran several 12.0's @ 127mph on real street tires (not even drag radials) when it was an auto. Made the mistake of converting to a standard, and she was stuck in the 12.5's to 13.0's, much harder to drive, and more dangerous (violent).

Next years model will have 40 to 60 more hp, 315/35/17's out back, and finally nice paint ;)

Toma

[GaGe]
11-27-2002, 12:57 AM
I heard about that before. That sucks. Can't race with an 11 second daily car. :thumbsdow

95TsiAWD
11-27-2002, 05:47 PM
You gotta pay if you wanna play, nuff said.

Hollywood
11-27-2002, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by 95TsiAWD
You gotta pay if you wanna play, nuff said.

Some people are missing the point of this thread....It's VERY obvious that you have to "Pay" to hit 11's no one ever said you did'nt, but you still can "play" 12's and up which most of the imports here do.

I'm just saying it's not worth it IMO. 12 seconds is enough respect for me if a car could do it at secret street. Most people that go to the track don't go just once for a slip that says my car is this fast. They go many of fridays of the year as a thing to do in the summer. The track conditions can effect your cars performance that day, 1 day you could do a 14.8, the next friday you could do a 14.4 with a consistant driver.

This year is going to be really fun for secret street, there are a lot of import guys that are putting turbo kits on their cars, speed seems to be the in thing, over show. Honda's have set the bar here in north america for show cars with tonnes of after market support and a fraction less for other import brands. Since speed is becomming more of the in thing, the not so supported cars are stepping up to the "speed" plate and now it will be honda's turn to catch up.

choweyt3t4
11-27-2002, 08:05 PM

. Since speed is becomming more of the in thing, the not so supported cars are stepping up to the "speed" plate and now it will be honda's turn to catch up.

ah yes,forever tryiing to catching up. man my goal is just to get into the 13's and i will be happy. 12's and 11's would be a little extreme on my wallet.about another 8000 to 10000 min to get it into the 12's. hmmmm a couple of built h22a's would run a premeium before secret street.

Maxt
11-27-2002, 08:24 PM
I think we discussed this before..but.
If they are intent on keeping people off the street to race, then they are going to have to modify the rules at the track to accomodate street cars, the NHRA rules, while not horribly extreme, are bit to much for a street car, lets not forget if you are building a drag car, you will follow the drag rules, but if your intention is to build a street car first and foremost, the nhra rules are to much to bother with in order to run the 1/4 now and then..
Fer'instance, look at my car, I have a relocated sealed gell cell battery, however, I have talked to the guy that does the tech inspections at secret street, and he says it's not NHRA approved, so I could not run, I really don't want to add another 4' of battery cable and add a switch to the rear of the car just to run at race city, nor do I want to go cutting in a vent to my storage bin to vent the battery when its a sealed gell cell battery.
For secret street, IMHO, what they should be doing is making sure the car is in fair mechanical condition and generally road worthy, much like an insurance or out of province inspection, and stay to that kind of inspection as long as the car has valid road insurance and licence plate, if the car does not have insurance and plate, chances are its a track only car, and then should be scrutinized under the NHRA rules...
Once Race City realizes that street cars are raced on the street becuase they are street cars and change the rules reflect the rules that are on the street for getting a car registered, they may have more widespread particapation...Maxt

4wheeldrift
11-27-2002, 11:03 PM
Until your car gets down into the stupid fast range (ie 11 seconds) it doesn't seem like race city gives a car more than the most cursory of once overs, similar to what the CSCC gives solo 2 competitors. Its only once the cars get fast enough that theres a very real danger of someone getting hurt if something goes wrong that the safety rules become very strict.

Hollywood
11-27-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Maxt
IFer'instance, look at my car, I have a relocated sealed gell cell battery, however, I have talked to the guy that does the tech inspections at secret street, and he says it's not NHRA approved, so I could not run, I really don't want to add another 4' of battery cable and add a switch to the rear of the car just to run at race city, nor do I want to go cutting in a vent to my storage bin to vent the battery when its a sealed gell cell battery.

Don't forget you would also have to run a 10-14 guage all the way to the back as well. The disco switch has to kill battery and the altenator. You can take both terminals off your battery and the car will still run.

rx7_turbo2
11-28-2002, 01:35 AM
That whole battery thing is gay.

My suggestion is to just fool them. Throw a battery and some cables in there and tie it down, chances are they wont check. Then take the battery out once the car passes tech.

Toma
11-28-2002, 01:51 AM
Its exactly the reason I quit doing tech at race city myself.

I can't enforce rules I don't beleive in.....

Like you can't wear shorts and/or a tank top even if you run 17's!

The roll bar sucks cause now you got no back seat access, and the crossbar across your main hoop stops you from EVER AGAIN reclining your seat! I begged for a rule change so that the cross bar can be removable.... no go.

The battery.... NO ONE has been able to come up with a LOGICAL explanation fo why you need the gay ass shut-off if you move the battery or WHY it has to be in the back. You can drive a car that runs 10.0's with the battery in the front, and you don't need a shut-off, but move that battery ANYWHERE (even another place under the hood), and you need a shut-off in a 17 seconds car.

The truth of the matter is, Race City does not at ALL care about street racing and cutting it down. They only care about $$$, and are using the street racing thing for all its worth to try and get more $$$ and get good publicity.

NHRA rules were designed to suck the fun out of the sport, and the money out of your pockets. Tech inspection at race city is a joke. You could have a separated ball joint, adn they would not notice, but wear your sandals, and they are sending you home. :dunno:

Toma

Toma
11-28-2002, 01:53 AM
ps, optimas are not gel cells, though they are sealed.

AS for a vent, just tell them it has a hole inthe bottom of the box that leads out the bottom of the car to the outside.....

Toma

Maxt
11-28-2002, 07:01 AM
Its to late to do any fooling on my car, they have seen it and given it the thumbs down...
The extra wire for the alternator is definetly a no go for me, as if Mazda alternators didn't have a hard enough time as it is, althought they made no mention of that to me when I talked to them, they said battery disconnect, ,maybe they don't know their own rules to well..
I found my one time out last year that some of the people involved in the tech are on a power trip and tend to be full of all types of anal retentive obscure rules and 'racer etiquette' which by the end of the tech inspection I wrote off as childish game playing to make the tech people feel important, stand here, don't stand there, do this with that, don't do that with this, ,now you can do this but when you are over here you can't do that..yada yada yada...It does suck the fun out of it, and I really did feel like telling them to just fuck off after 5 minutes, but that would've probably hurt my chances of passing tech...
I would concur that they are capitalizing on the street racing, secret street and run what ya brung is far more packed than ever before...
Maybe its time to draw the line, if it doesn't have a license plate, it can't run at secret street, and toss the NHRA rulebook in the garbage, or just take a highliter to the rules that make sense..Maxt

4wheeldrift
11-28-2002, 07:50 AM
The truth of the matter is, Race City does not at ALL care about street racing and cutting it down. They only care about $$$, and are using the street racing thing for all its worth to try and get more $$$ and get good publicity.

I'm going to have to disagree with this statement, knowing what I do about why the program was created in the first place. Maybe the rules aren't fair for people with really fast cars that are used as daily drivers, but the strip is NHRA sanctioned so they have to play by their rules. If you go down to the states, the import classes have a lot of the same rules for safety equipment. Just because its Secret Streets and not the Winter Nationals doesn't mean the rules should not have to be obeyed. They are there for your safety and those of the people at the track.

I don't see what the big deal is anyways. The times I've gone down with my friends when they run, I have never seen anyone getting really hassled about anything. Maybe I'm waiting in the wrong line or something :dunno:

90_Shelby
11-28-2002, 11:31 AM
I agree with Toma, Race City is a joke with how they run secret street. NHRA rulebok even says you don't need to wear a helmet until 14's yet Race city makes everyone wear a helmet....... not that this a bad thing but 17 second cars don't even reach highway speeds in the 1/4:dunno: Most of the time the staff working on Friday nights are on such a power trip that they don't care about the racers what so ever.

On another note Lynn Church is a fucking Bitch.:D

Hollywood
11-28-2002, 11:45 AM
Well all in point the battery disco thing is a very annoying rule. I have yet to see the safety point in this.

rx7_turbo2
11-28-2002, 07:31 PM
or just take a highliter to the rules that make sense..Maxt

Bingo. Rules to some extent are neccesary, however as long as the current system is in place we will never get to see a wealth of fast cars at Race City. Don't get me worng there are a handfull that are quick and able to pass tech, but I'm sure there are lots of other quick cars who we don't get to see because these stupid rules prevent them from running. I believe Max is in this group.

TurboTony
11-29-2002, 12:01 AM
We can run down to 11.50 in edmonton leagally due to the IHRA sanctioning they run.

Apparently they are a bit more relaxed here, I ran several very low 11 second runs and they didn't say a word till I ran a 10.90. :dunno:

BTW 11 second passes are no big deal on street radials, but 10's are kinda fun. :D

Tony

Toma
11-29-2002, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by TurboTony
We can run down to 11.50 in edmonton leagally due to the IHRA sanctioning they run.

Apparently they are a bit more relaxed here, I ran several very low 11 second runs and they didn't say a word till I ran a 10.90. :dunno:

BTW 11 second passes are no big deal on street radials, but 10's are kinda fun. :D

Tony

Hey Tony! good to see ya. Not all of us have the privaledge of a 4wd car with massive street rubber. I always said that was the most killer "street car" I have ever seen. Now, all you need is some 130mph traps ;)

Toma

TurboTony
11-29-2002, 12:26 AM
Hey Toma,

The plan was to get a 10.50@130+ish run. We have found quite a bit more in the truck since the 10.70 runs.

We were on the way to doing it when I ran that [email protected], but i got a pretty stern warning, dude was pissed. That was kind of an accident anyway, we tried something new and it picked up 2 tenths, whoops.

Funny thing is the 10.7 was at 27 psi, the 10.9 was at 22 psi. So we will see what 27 psi does next year.

Tony

Toma
11-29-2002, 12:35 AM
BTW, did you guys hear how I got screwed out of the fastest street car title for this year at Race City??

Long story.... the car runs 9's, and the car itself is legal to run 9's. However, to run 9's, you need a NHRA liscence. Anyway, to get the liscence, you need to make 6 "liscencing runs" (these are solo runs that are witnessed by 2 other liscence holders, and the track manager), 2 of which have to be in the 10.2 or better range.

Soooo, for 3 weeks before the shootout, i was trying to get the damn liscnecing runs in. It was WAAAY too slick on the Firday to pull it off cause they don't prep the track, so I even came and tried on the weekend bracket events ($$$). I get stuck on the one day, and only needed the 2 fast runs, but they got jet cars, and funny cars, and they turn me away from the staging lanes 3 times cause no one wanted to let a solo run go in the middle of a "event". I had my medical and everything else, just needed the two damn runs.

Sooo, anyway, the Street Car shootout comes, and I got no liscence. I make the mistake of "trying" the nitrous in qualifying, and run a 9.88. First warning. FUCK.

I knock off a few guys running 10's all motor during eliminations.
Semi Finals come, I am up against a car that ran 9.3's @ 142mph in Edmonton. He has also run one nine, and his car is not legal. So what do you do..... Fuck it, and let er fly.

We run, I kill him off the line, but in the top end he is coming on me hard..... I could not tell who won. Get to the tower....no timeslips, the computer fucked up, se we need a re-match. We go again, same result, but I got him. 9.94 to his 9.96. They disqualify ME, but let him go on despite both of us running one nine previously. Getting disqualified for .06 of a second.

Anyway, I go and bitch and nothin'. They try andbullshit me and tell me that the other car never ran a 9. I'm gettin mad now cause they are looking me in the eyes, and lying. So long story short, the next round he again goes 9.9 and gets disqualified, so the "street car" shootout is won by a 10 second car because the 2 faster cars got dq'd!

I've been racing at Race City for 9 years now, and won the shootout in 1999 (running a 10.1). By now, I think they would know that I can drive. What the fuck is the HUGE deal over .06 of a second? Its not like the car feels any different, or suddenly it has a jet engine on the back of it....

I had a great time, but some common fucking sense is required. I Spent 3 weeks, and $300 trying to get the damn liscence (fuel and entry fees and nitrous).....not to mention $2000 so that the car can be legal to run the 9's....all for that one event (i normally don't use nitrous and am happy running the 10.3's all motor)! It would have been OK if I lost, but knowing I could have won again, but didn't because I was DQ'd..... well that pissed me off.

Lets put together some cash, and open our own STREET CAR drag strip with NICE staff and tech inspectors that have no ego problems, with our own LOGICAL safety rules.

Toma

90_Shelby
11-29-2002, 05:36 PM
It's the truth, and I totally agree with you Toma Calgary's track is a joke.

P.S. Turbo Tony, thats fucking impressive:thumbsup:

speedracer
11-29-2002, 07:42 PM
Toma: That sucks! :(

90_shelby: (re:race city) :rofl:
Helments are a requirement for racing insurance - nothing to do with NHRA.

Hollywood from what I know:
Prevents the battery from discharging
Prevents the car from starting again
A quick discconect should something occur

4wheeldrift
11-30-2002, 10:21 AM
If you put your car into the wall and it the car is leaking fuel, I'm sure you'd like the electrical system to be dead while its pouring fuel onto the track around the vehicle you're trapped in. I enjoy motorsports, but I don't want to follow up the event with a barbeque, if you know what i mean.

Hollywood
11-30-2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
If you put your car into the wall and it the car is leaking fuel, I'm sure you'd like the electrical system to be dead while its pouring fuel onto the track around the vehicle you're trapped in. I enjoy motorsports, but I don't want to follow up the event with a barbeque, if you know what i mean.

I knew this was comming....

Well that being said, your telling me some track guy is going to risk his life trying to turn off my car from the outside? My downpipe temperatures alone could ignite the spilt fuel.

90_Shelby
11-30-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by speedracer
90_shelby: (re:race city) :rofl:
Helments are a requirement for racing insurance - nothing to do with NHRA.

I've been to other tracks and have seen them follow the NHRA rules about helmets on street car nights. And like I said "Not that it's a bad idea"

Hollywood
11-30-2002, 12:34 PM

I've been to other tracks and have seen them follow the NHRA rules about helmets on street car nights. And like I said "Not that it's a bad idea"

I don't mind the helmet rule at all, it actually makes it feel more like serious racing when you were a helmet.

ecstasyracer
11-30-2002, 01:50 PM
Anyone with an rx-7 is worse off than other cars. Last time I raced at Race City the tech guy was telling me if i run 14's I need all kinds of scatter shields and shit around the engine just because its a rotary. Whats the deal with that? It doesn't say anything on there website about it.

ecstasyracer
11-30-2002, 01:54 PM
Helments are a requirement for racing insurance - nothing to do with NHRA

I'm pretty sure on race city's website it says that if you run under a 14.0 you need "an NHRA approved helmet". Has anyone running under 14's ever been checked for this?

4wheeldrift
11-30-2002, 02:48 PM

I knew this was comming....

Well that being said, your telling me some track guy is going to risk his life trying to turn off my car from the outside? My downpipe temperatures alone could ignite the spilt fuel. Last time I checked, there was a guy on the safety truck in full fireproofs for just such an occasion...:dunno: Race city does have hero type safety people for a reason. I happen to know a couple of them personally, and I know without a doubt they would do it, because I've seen them do it before and I know they'll do it again.

Joe Malms
11-30-2002, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by ecstasyracer
Anyone with an rx-7 is worse off than other cars. Last time I raced at Race City the tech guy was telling me if i run 14's I need all kinds of scatter shields and shit around the engine just because its a rotary. Whats the deal with that? It doesn't say anything on there website about it.

thats such a crock of shit
the guy who told you that needs to be fired

Joe Malms
11-30-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by ecstasyracer

I'm pretty sure on race city's website it says that if you run under a 14.0 you need "an NHRA approved helmet". Has anyone running under 14's ever been checked for this?

yup, they do enforce that.

Toma
11-30-2002, 08:22 PM
THe new rule they tried this year was that everyone who races needs an NHRA approved helmet (Snell 90). Prior to this year, any old helmet would be good enough to 14.0.

Re the battery thing....

simple question..... WHY do you need the cut-off ONLY if you move the battery from its stock location? No logic can explain that, and running 15 feet of extra cable under the car is a danger, not a safety item.

15 second cars don't flip on a drag strip. Yes it is possible, as is getting hit by lightning, but the alberta gov't does not mandate we walk around with lightning rods in our asses for quick acces in the case of a storm ;)

Toma

Maxt
12-01-2002, 08:05 AM

15 second cars don't flip on a drag strip. Yes it is possible, as is getting hit by lightning, but the alberta gov't does not mandate we walk around with lightning rods in our asses for quick acces in the case of a storm ;)

Toma
The way revenue creation is going, I wouldn't rule that out for next year...:lmao:....
I wouldn't mind getting involved in taking over secret street with others in order to improve it, in my younger years I flirted with organized sanctioned drag racing, but the overwhelming rules and childish politics of the track got to me so much I walked away from it and never went back to drag racing till this last year when I took my beater down the track for kicks, I felt the adrenaline rush again and the excitement of the race, which briefly overshadowed the feelings of contempt I had for the establishment itself.. But wandering back in to it again, the cheesey rules and attitudes bring back a sour taste again..
Some people like overbearing rules and masochistic ritual, I myself just want to have some fun without feeling like there is someone waiting to clamp down on me at the next turn..
There has to be some rules, like what was said before, the question is what rules and why.. Maybe a new thread to dissect the NHRA rule book, once a consensus is reached, pass it on to race city...Maxt

Hollywood
12-01-2002, 02:11 PM

The way revenue creation is going, I wouldn't rule that out for next year...:lmao:....
I wouldn't mind getting involved in taking over secret street with others in order to improve it, in my younger years I flirted with organized sanctioned drag racing, but the overwhelming rules and childish politics of the track got to me so much I walked away from it and never went back to drag racing till this last year when I took my beater down the track for kicks, I felt the adrenaline rush again and the excitement of the race, which briefly overshadowed the feelings of contempt I had for the establishment itself.. But wandering back in to it again, the cheesey rules and attitudes bring back a sour taste again..
Some people like overbearing rules and masochistic ritual, I myself just want to have some fun without feeling like there is someone waiting to clamp down on me at the next turn..
There has to be some rules, like what was said before, the question is what rules and why.. Maybe a new thread to dissect the NHRA rule book, once a consensus is reached, pass it on to race city...Maxt

Personally I'm not sue they would go for that. They seem to come across as "this is our show" type attitude, which would be hard to change. I'm sure this years secret street will generate a lot of income because of the growing import scene, compared to other years. With the growing numbers I'm thinking that they will want even more control on things.