PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2nd Gen Integra Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

freakin
04-14-2005, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Speed_Dreams
matt you gotta quit modding the brick and get the teg on the road... you know that your never gonna be fasster then rob in that thing. just get that sweet DB on the streets i wanna hear the Vtec scream in that

Yeah, rob might be fast, but where's he going to put the kids after soccer practice :rofl:

Don't worry, like I said, the Brick is only getting labor.....no money is being spent on it. The teg is still getting done. I just dropped a shitload of cash on it last weekend. Basically all that's left is to wait for my head gasket to show up and put it together. I'm telling you guys....May long weekend is going to be my target. Hold me to that!

lam-boy
04-14-2005, 12:42 AM
Matt, we still gonna paint your lenses? haha. WE've yet to do that still!

frozenrice
04-14-2005, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by lam-boy
oh no..

Steve, that for real? Nice! Makes me jealous.

freakin
04-14-2005, 07:10 AM
Matt, we still gonna paint your lenses? haha. WE've yet to do that still!

I had them out on Sunday and was going to ask you about that. But the, I never made it down to the meet. Oh well, but yes, we should get that done before I put the car back on the road. Is there another meet coming up or sometime for us to do this?

Ohh, and what's the new turbo setup?? Just going on the B18? Or do you have something else planned?

PS, am I the only one that saw the humor in putting that turbo pic beside the personal injury lawer add? :poosie:

Moonracer
04-14-2005, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by freakin

PS, am I the only one that saw the humor in putting that turbo pic beside the personal injury lawer add? :poosie:

I noticed that too. At first I thought he did it on purpose but then I realized it was just the phone book...lol

Is anyone else going to Secret Street tomorrow besides me and dave? Even just to watch

QuasarCav
04-14-2005, 08:43 AM
I just did my lenses and I'll be doing my corners soon. I have extra sandpaper and foam brushes so maybe we should have a clear orange party.

Thanks for the inspiration Lam-boy, I would have never went orange without you.

freakin
04-14-2005, 09:08 AM
Sandino....I'll likely be in for spectating. I might have to bail early to pick my drunken GF front the university though. What time are you guys heading down?

Originally posted by QuasarCav
I just did my lenses and I'll be doing my corners soon. I have extra sandpaper and foam brushes so maybe we should have a clear orange party.

Thanks for the inspiration Lam-boy, I would have never went orange without you.

Hells yes!! I should just take the lenses off and bring them with me to the next meet.

Once you go orange you never go........shit, what rhymes with orange??

lam-boy
04-14-2005, 10:15 AM
yeah, illegal gave me the idea to paint it so we did it, I'm gonna stick with it, screw JDM one piecers ;)

this thing is fucking hugeee!

it'll be just going on the b18, thats all.

Moonracer
04-14-2005, 12:02 PM
Sandino....I'll likely be in for spectating. I might have to bail early to pick my drunken GF front the university though. What time are you guys heading down?

Cool I'll let you know but probly somewhere around 8pm. I may have to pick up my drunken g/f too..lol I hope not though.

gen2teggy
04-14-2005, 02:22 PM
:cry:

1:59pm RIP tranny

:cry: :cry: :cry:
oh man, i hate this...u can lose ur car in mins...and be taking the bus hahaha
i hate the fact of being car less.

o well gonna do a 5spd swap. :bullshit:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :dunno: :eek:

QuasarCav
04-14-2005, 02:26 PM
Did it just go on you? Have you tried fixing it or it is sitting on the floor?

gen2teggy
04-14-2005, 02:30 PM
it just went on me, i drove my aunt to schoool....and it was sliping gears....i couldnt go over 60. so when i got home....i drove it around the hood. So i stoped my car....and tryed to put it in gear again....but wouldnt go anywhere. :confused:

QuasarCav
04-14-2005, 02:32 PM
You could just be really low on tranny fluid, have you check that? Did the cable or linkage snap maybe?

Make sure you check it out before you say it's gone. Most autos will give you warning before they go. Usually it's horrible slippage for a while before it goes.

gen2teggy
04-14-2005, 02:34 PM
i'll go check my fluid now, whats a linkage?

gen2teggy
04-14-2005, 02:36 PM
o wait....i forgot...my car is 4 blocks away from my house....
:banghead:

b16Ateg
04-14-2005, 03:08 PM
you guys know i'm down for secret street if the weather is up to it

Moonracer
04-14-2005, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by b16Ateg
you guys know i'm down for secret street if the weather is up to it

:thumbsup:

frostyda9
04-14-2005, 05:09 PM
gen2teggy check the fluid. I bet you have a small leak through a gasket, and over time you lost enough that it started to slip.

Speed_Dreams
04-14-2005, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by gen2teggy
o wait....i forgot...my car is 4 blocks away from my house....
:banghead:

if you were interested in doing a manual swap i have all the parts you need. and it won't cost you a whole lot just make me a reasonable offer and we will go from there

frozenrice
04-14-2005, 08:35 PM
it'll be just going on the b18, thats all.

lamboy, just curious. I can't remember if you have a RS,LS, or GS.
What about your A/C and P/S?

lam-boy
04-14-2005, 10:42 PM
I have an RS, no a/c to worry about, I may rid of the power steering but who knows, just gotta see how things go.

gen2teggy
04-15-2005, 02:01 AM
u know how to do the swap? if u do....then i could pay u and i'll help somehow LOL

Speed_Dreams
04-15-2005, 07:41 AM
well i don't know how to do it but i have a pretty good idea of how to do it. i dunno if you could get Speedtech or someone to install all the parts for you.

b16Ateg
04-15-2005, 09:52 AM
ya if you want to go to speedtech and ask for pat tan he has done many manual to standard swaps in civics.. and it looks really clean go talk to him to get a install quote from him

Moonracer
04-15-2005, 05:03 PM
So I called the race city hotline and secret street racing starts at 8:30pm for everyone who is coming out tonight. I figure getting there around 8. Unless you guys wanna meet at Tim Hortons first and go from there?

edit: dave and I are meeting at the tim hortons on 130th ave at about 7:45 get your butts out there. :D

freakin
04-15-2005, 05:06 PM
Crap....I'm out this weekend...need to pick up drunk people. I'll be in for next week. I have some ignition parts coming on wednesday, so I'll likely take the wagon out and try some auto-x with it....

Moonracer
04-15-2005, 05:12 PM
Crap....I'm out this weekend...need to pick up drunk people. I'll be in for next week. I have some ignition parts coming on wednesday, so I'll likely take the wagon out and try some auto-x with it....

Bummer dude

powerslave
04-16-2005, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Moonracer
dave and I are meeting at the tim hortons on 130th ave at about 7:45 get your butts out there. :D

Did you guys race? I didn't see ya, but then again I left kinda early...

Moonracer
04-16-2005, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by powerslave

Did you guys race? I didn't see ya, but then again I left kinda early...

ya we raced. We did two 1/4 mile runs and three runs on the auto-x. Dave beat me both runs on the strip but I managed a 1/100th squeeker on the auto-x course. Good work Dave. :thumbsup:

gen2teggy
04-16-2005, 03:22 AM
secret street...i missed it...wasnt reading post :dunno: :cry:
o well, n how much u want for you're tranny?

freakin
04-16-2005, 10:46 AM
speaking of trannys.....does anyone have a srewed one? I just need to pull the 5 gear out of one. I was going to use my current tranny as a doner, but I want to have the new tranny ready to put in with minimal downtime.

frostyda9
04-16-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Moonracer

ya we raced. We did two 1/4 mile runs and three runs on the auto-x. Dave beat me both runs on the strip but I managed a 1/100th squeeker on the auto-x course. Good work Dave. :thumbsup:

Thanks man :)

I don't think two cars could have been any closer in time.
As an example, our reaction times were only one thousandth of a second different on the second run :eek:

What an absolute blast it was! I hope some more G2 guys will come out to the future ones, too.

lam-boy
04-16-2005, 02:13 PM
I Wish I coulda came, my CV boots are done, I have to wait tyill I have money..
lots of money...:(

frozenrice
04-16-2005, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by frostyda9
What an absolute blast it was! I hope some more G2 guys will come out to the future ones, too.

as long as you guys are not worried about getting spanked by a 4 door w/auto tranny. LOL.

interesting day today, went to Chinook today and on the way there I think I saw you going the other direction. Saw moonracer's car in the parkade. Saw a couple of DAs parked in the auto circle (one white one with tinted windows and an AEM sticker. the other one was black and lowered on stock rims). went to pick n' pull too and and the G2 was picked clean. managed to find some misc trim pieces though. drew, you don't need to worry about those plugs now.

gen2teggy
04-16-2005, 04:39 PM

hey i could find u cv boots....just tell what kind of car is...5spd? abs?

i have a few friends who work at the junk yard...who get me free stuff

lam-boy
04-16-2005, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by gen2teggy

hey i could find u cv boots....just tell what kind of car is...5spd? abs?

i have a few friends who work at the junk yard...who get me free stuff

oh, i have to get brand new axles anyways so its all good, thanks anyways man. if i keep these stock axles they may snap/break

Moonracer
04-16-2005, 11:24 PM

oh, i have to get brand new axles anyways so its all good, thanks anyways man. if i keep these stock axles they may snap/break

hmmm I just bought a new axle for jens car just yesterday for $119

gen2teggy
04-17-2005, 01:58 AM
oh my car had no fuild in it hahaha...they fucked up putting cv joins in...and i went back to get it fixed.

Speed_Dreams
04-17-2005, 10:26 AM

i have some brand new CV boots for you they are the outer boot. if you just wanna re-build your axels. i got new ones so i have no need for them. i paid $50 i'll let them go for $40

Speed_Dreams
04-17-2005, 10:30 AM
Dave and Sandino. what did you guys run in the 1/4 maybe i will have to take my car out and see what my car does. hmmm..... maybe not....i will prolly break something

Moonracer
04-17-2005, 11:47 AM
Dave posted a 17.076 @ 78.77mph
Sandino posted a 17.135 @ 80.78mph

Second run was a little slower as we launched to hard and had a lot of wheel spin. But high 16's are attainable with the stock engines. That's not to important to us anyway, the autox is where it's at. We just wanted to see what our slow tegs would do in the 1/4. We only got three runs in on the autox damit. Just got to learn where to go and they were closing down cause the drags were done :( Next time though I'll be going for some major improvments in driving now that I know the course. :thumbsup:

b16Ateg
04-17-2005, 01:23 PM
they ran low 17's

freakin
04-17-2005, 02:49 PM
Hey Quasar, was that you rolling up my street around 1:30 this afternoon? All I saw was a nice clean, green teg with amber corners and bumper leses. Looks nice!!

PS, you should've stopped and said 'hello' :poosie:

freakin
04-17-2005, 03:03 PM
Anyone taken their wing off yet? I have all the bolts out except for one, and it's just spinning. How the hell am I supposed to get this out? I tried jamming a screwdriver in the gap between the wing and trunk to put some tension on it and also tried tightening up the bolt beside it to keep it snug....neither worked. I had a guy stop by to buy the wing today, but I can't get it off. Any ideas?!?!?

frozenrice
04-17-2005, 03:24 PM
The head on the stud that the nut goes on is rectangular in shape. The head sits in a slot in a mounting plate/bracket (which in turn screws into the wing), and the sides of the slot are what keep the stud head from spinning.
Chances are you're gonna have to cut the nut using a dremel with a cutoff disc. The sides for the slot in the mounting bracket might be bent out of shape allowing the head to spin. You can also try pulling firmly on the nut with a pair of vise grips while trying to turn the nut. If you pull firmly enough, the head might catch enough of something to allow you to lossen the nut. Hope that makes sense.

freakin
04-17-2005, 04:08 PM
Thanks Mike...no luck though. The vise grips keep slipping off. The shitty part is that I can't really get a hacksaw under there to cut the bolt because the wing hangs over the side. I guess it's time for the dremel....:banghead:

frozenrice
04-17-2005, 04:24 PM
Do you have a dremel? Let me know cause I can swing by later if you need a hand. Is there enough of the stud sticking through the nut? Maybe try grabbing the end of that with a pair of pliers and using a box wrench to turn the nut.

freakin
04-17-2005, 04:29 PM
There is no stud sticking out....the nut is capped, so nothing's protruding. I think I might just hit up the dremel...I just didn't want to damage anything. Do you have a pic of the underside of the wing before you mounted it? I just want a better idea of what I'm dealing with.

If you're up for stopping by, I'm not going to turn down an extra set of hands....I'll PM you my cell no.

freakin
04-17-2005, 07:01 PM
Mike, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! You're phone call saved my ass!

The wing's off now and holy crap....I'm loving it: :thumbsup:
http://members.shaw.ca/matteakin/acura/wingless%201.JPG
http://members.shaw.ca/matteakin/acura/wingless%202.JPG
http://members.shaw.ca/matteakin/acura/wingless%203.JPG
http://members.shaw.ca/matteakin/acura/wingless%205.JPG

lam-boy
04-17-2005, 07:03 PM
wingless g2s pwn! :D

frozenrice
04-17-2005, 07:50 PM
And I just put mine on last fall!! Mine looked like that for years and I got bored of how it looked (not that it looks bad) so I got a spoiler.
Matt, looks awesome! What was causing the stud to spin?

lam-boy
04-17-2005, 10:22 PM
anyone tell me how i go about stripping my interior? I need to push out that dent i showed you guys, i hope its a nice day out tomorrow so i can fix this up. its really making me angry, and when I fix it up maybe i can put on the g3 side skirts..:D

freakin
04-18-2005, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by frozenrice
And I just put mine on last fall!! Mine looked like that for years and I got bored of how it looked (not that it looks bad) so I got a spoiler.
Matt, looks awesome! What was causing the stud to spin?
Hey Mike, you're car looks good with the wing, so does Dave's. It's just personal preference. I'm trying to have a real clean, sleak look to my sedan, so I took it off. It looks like I'll have my new lid pretty soon as well. All the emblems are gone and no holes...perfect.
That stud still looked square on the end, so I'm not really sure why it spun. I managed to cut it out without gouging the crap out of the trunk, so it all worked out. The wing didn't end up getting sold, but it'll probably be easier to sell now with it seperated.

PS, If anyone wants a wing:
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=84203

anyone tell me how i go about stripping my interior? I need to push out that dent i showed you guys, i hope its a nice day out tomorrow so i can fix this up. its really making me angry, and when I fix it up maybe i can put on the g3 side skirts..:D

I have no idea where the dent is, but here's an online repair manual...hope that helps:
http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/1a/b5/0d/0900823d801ab50d.jsp

lam-boy
04-18-2005, 12:35 AM
ahhh thanks alot matt.
the dent is liek right where my seat belt lies for the driver side. (almost directly to the right hand side of my door handle, and i Have a dent directly below the one up top becuse I hit a shopping cart while spinning around in a parking lot..now i pay the price. :cry: :banghead: )

QuasarCav
04-18-2005, 01:02 PM
Hey Quasar, was that you rolling up my street around 1:30 this afternoon? All I saw was a nice clean, green teg with amber corners and bumper leses. Looks nice!!

PS, you should've stopped and said 'hello' :poosie:

You spotted me! I was looking for an entrance to fish creek so that I could go biking. I grew up in that area but it's been a while so I was lost.

I was driving up your street and I saw your car, my girlfriend says "hey, are those one-peice headlights" I almost proposed to her right there! Your car looks great with the bare hatch.

Next time i'll say hello, I wasn't quite sure it was you and I didn't want to yell freakin out the window.

Moonracer
04-18-2005, 02:02 PM
:rofl:

b16Ateg
04-18-2005, 06:18 PM
so matt is your car driveable or what now

freakin
04-18-2005, 06:59 PM
not yet :(

Just got word that it's anohter 2 weeks for my headgasket....so I think I'm going to scrimp and save for a B16 tranny in install with everything else. :)

gen2teggy
04-19-2005, 02:00 AM
soo much work into ur car. good job

gen2teggy
04-19-2005, 02:01 AM
getting my car lowers tomarrow :clap:

gen2teggy
04-19-2005, 02:02 AM
and front kit primed

b16Ateg
04-19-2005, 08:39 AM
haha matt we should trade trannys..lol

Moonracer
04-19-2005, 08:46 AM
Car looks good matt! :thumbsup:

freakin
04-19-2005, 10:24 AM
Thanks Sandino....I'm getting my new freshly painted and shaved lid this weekend.....big holes don't do it for me. :rofl:

Originally posted by b16Ateg
haha matt we should trade trannys..lol

I'd have no problem doing that....are you seriously interested? Mine's mint, but the gears are too long for my NA powerplant. It would be perfect for a turbo setup though. :thumbsup:

I just PM'd JDM source to find me a J1, S1 or YS1 tranny....try to let me know in the next couple days if you can.

PS, I'm going to have an LS tranny for sale if Logan doesn't want to trade. :)

QuasarCav
04-19-2005, 12:54 PM
Ahhh, more noises.

One of you is going to have to come for a ride and tell me what is making this noise.

Here is a rundown:

When car is fully warmed up a rattle occurs at 4K all the way up to redline, It could be described as a metal on metal rattle.
-Only happens above 3.7-4K on the tach and above, does not happen when car is not warmed up.
-It's coming from the front of the car and not the dash.
-The rattle has the same pitch all the way up to about 6k and then it's intermittent(on off, on off)
-When I clutch in before shifing up the sound tapers off but you can still hear it.

Things I have checked/replaced:
-The cat heatshield, seems to be the no. 1 culprit but not this time.
-Speedo cable, another suspect but everything seems fine.
-Shifter linkage, nothing is rubbing.
-I have a replica TypeR knob but I dont think that would cause it.

1993 Integra LS, 190,xxx KMS. Completly stock execpt for K&N drop in.

Anyone have any ideas? This is what I'm thinking:

-Valves, I'll try a valve adjustment this weekend but I can hear the valves and this noise is seperate.

-Spun a bearing, I hope not!

-Something in the tranny, the noise is only under load and it wont happen in neutral. Could a loose bearing cause this?

TIA

freakin
04-19-2005, 01:20 PM
easy fix....turn the stereo up :P

Speed_Dreams
04-19-2005, 07:14 PM
easy fix....turn the stereo up :P

thats the best wrench money can buy!!

lam-boy
04-19-2005, 08:39 PM
fucking car...
it won't go now.
i started my car, 10s, about to drive, then it just dies off. tried push starting no go. have been told it could be the 'coil'?

freakin
04-19-2005, 08:56 PM
Mine did that once, totally died. Ended up being a dead distributor. Just take a wire off and check for a spark.

If it's dead, just replace it with a MSD cap and coil. It'll be cheaper and better. Super easy to do as well. I wish I did that when mine died....I ended up with a nice $700 or so bill instead.

Moonracer
04-19-2005, 09:13 PM
yeah dude could just be coil and or ignighter, it's a common problem

lam-boy
04-20-2005, 02:17 AM
i hope its something as nice as that, I'm tight strap on cash right now. I'm sooooo sad my car isn't running. the one night i have so much stuff to do, I can't drive. but glad a few friends helped me out by driving me around and then getting me something to eat.

allright maybe its time to head to bed, and sleep over it and not think about it. maybe that will help. tomorrow is a whole new day...hopefully that shit gets fixed.

edit : think a few of you g2 guys can leave a phone number i can reach you guys at in my PM? just incase i need a few pointers on how to do some stuff tomorrow?

tia.

QuasarCav
04-20-2005, 03:53 PM
Ahhh, more noises.

One of you is going to have to come for a ride and tell me what is making this noise.

Here is a rundown:

When car is fully warmed up a rattle occurs at 4K all the way up to redline, It could be described as a metal on metal rattle.
-Only happens above 3.7-4K on the tach and above, does not happen when car is not warmed up.
-It's coming from the front of the car and not the dash.
-The rattle has the same pitch all the way up to about 6k and then it's intermittent(on off, on off)
-When I clutch in before shifing up the sound tapers off but you can still hear it.

Things I have checked/replaced:
-The cat heatshield, seems to be the no. 1 culprit but not this time.
-Speedo cable, another suspect but everything seems fine.
-Shifter linkage, nothing is rubbing.
-I have a replica TypeR knob but I dont think that would cause it.

1993 Integra LS, 190,xxx KMS. Completly stock execpt for K&N drop in.

Anyone have any ideas? This is what I'm thinking:

-Valves, I'll try a valve adjustment this weekend but I can hear the valves and this noise is seperate.

-Spun a bearing, I hope not!

-Something in the tranny, the noise is only under load and it wont happen in neutral. Could a loose bearing cause this?

TIA

Screw lam-boy, help meeeeeeeee!!

I'll be taking apart the dizzy tonight.

frostyda9
04-20-2005, 06:04 PM
If anyone needs an extra set if hands, you can call me @ 617-4331.

dirty_magic
04-20-2005, 08:19 PM
I wish I was in Cowtown to help out, nothing better than beer and a G2 in your hands.

frozenrice
04-20-2005, 08:22 PM
This is what I've been working on since December............

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/dbad0308.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/8861a6a1.jpg

Matt, I'm getting anxious to get those side mouldings now- let me know. :thumbsup:

lam-boy
04-21-2005, 12:53 AM
can anyone tell me where the COIL would be? I'm gonna yank it out bring it to a shop to see if its working or not, ahh damn.

gen2teggy
04-21-2005, 01:25 AM
in the distributer.....the coil can be found in there......if u need a new one i could get u one for free.

Moonracer
04-21-2005, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by frozenrice
This is what I've been working on since December............

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/dbad0308.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/8861a6a1.jpg

Matt, I'm getting anxious to get those side mouldings now- let me know. :thumbsup:

woh that a nice lower half. Is that all that is different?

lam-boy
04-21-2005, 02:06 AM
ya mike, thats a nice front lip.

well im gonna get this shit fixed soon, too muich money is being spent. I AM soooo broke :banghead:
got so much shit to buy, so little money to do so. :(

I appriciate all the help you guys are throwing my way.
Thanks again.

steve.

frozenrice
04-21-2005, 06:48 AM
More or less that's all that is different. I got hold of a used 90-91 bumper (easier to find than a 92-93), sanded/primed/painted it and then added the lower lip. I ended up painting over the black stripe and I'll be getting some side mouldings which will white as well. Only thing left is the rear bumper stripe to paint out.

freakin
04-21-2005, 12:01 PM
Mike, the sides are comming...Tom said he'd give me them when I pick up the trunk. Does anyone else need any parts? I'm grabing the window seals and a bracket under the hood for mine....basically anything from a 93 sedan....just no front sheetmetal. The interior is absolutely mint.

QuasarCav
04-21-2005, 12:03 PM
Tan rear carpet?

freakin
04-21-2005, 12:15 PM
Tan rear carpet?
It's a Graphite black interior....so black/grey panels and carpeting...exactly like mine if you've ever seen it.

Moonracer
04-21-2005, 12:42 PM
So guys anyone else coming out to secret street this friday?

Speed_Dreams
04-21-2005, 02:01 PM
i might be able to go to secret street on friday but i won't be racing or anything. how much did the drags and autocross cost you guys last time.

Moonracer
04-21-2005, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Speed_Dreams
i might be able to go to secret street on friday but i won't be racing or anything. how much did the drags and autocross cost you guys last time.

It's $25 if you only want to drag and $40 for autox which also allows you to drag as well. Very good deal for both I think. And $5 if you just want to watch. Come on out man the more the marier. :D

frostyda9
04-21-2005, 06:38 PM
Matt is this a car that's getting parted out? I need one interior panel if it's available.

I hope some more people come out to SS tomorrow! It'd be nice to see some more G2's on the auto-x too...

Moonracer
04-21-2005, 06:51 PM
Anyone want a GS-R? Clicky here (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83363) if you haven't seen it already.

dirty_magic
04-21-2005, 11:53 PM
how are the bumper lights on this 93? I need to pick some up.

freakin
04-22-2005, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by frostyda9
Matt is this a car that's getting parted out? I need one interior panel if it's available.

The Car's a 4-door, so the panels are different....but you could try. It's tomsweet1990's car. Just do a search under his user name.

Originally posted by dirty_magic
how are the bumper lights on this 93? I need to pick some up.
They're non-existant....front end hit. I bought a new set of clear ones from Tunerworks for $30-40. Well worth the money, they look so much better than stock. I don't think I'd ever deal with them again though....they really gave me a lot of attitude. Oh well, their loss.

dirty_magic
04-22-2005, 09:45 AM
dave, which interior panel do you need? I have two full black interiors, but you probably need blue hey?

frozenrice
04-22-2005, 06:32 PM
What's your guys' take on G2IC lately? I'm really starting to dislike that site mainly for the fact that a majority of the people on there are on some sort of "my shit doesn't stink-I'm not gonna help you" attitude. Almost every thread that I go to has some asshole that tells you to search. Lately too, there seems to be some anti-noob snit going on too. Talk about a "helpful" G2 community.

While I'm at it, what's with the Eatern Canadians and their "NO SHIP" for sale ads? They'd have a better chance at selling if they they opened it to more people who are willing to pay the shipping. Are these morons too lazy or stupid to know how to mail something?

gen2teggy
04-22-2005, 06:39 PM
i have tomsweet1990's msn haha

freakin
04-22-2005, 06:54 PM
Mike, I'm with you on that. I pretty much just use the site as a refference. Anything that I'd want to do has been done on there and there's likely a thread. I only post in the classifieds on there. And yes, the no ship thing is a pain in the ass. Seems like the GTA has a shitload of parts that they're stock piling. I bet it's some sort of cult or something, hehe.

Mind you most of them don't lowball like the people here do. I swear I like to line most of the people that pm me with offers and bitch slap them. If I have a part listed cheap, it's because I want to move it at that price, not because I want you to offer me less than half of what I was asking. I don't mind hagling a little bit, but fuck, don't offer me $20 on a part I used for a month and paid close to $100 for.

PS, I'll check in on those moldings for you this weekend. I got your PM with your cell no., but I haven't had anything new to tell you so I haven't called.

frostyda9
04-23-2005, 05:05 PM
[rant]
Mike, I'm with you on that. I pretty much just use the site as a refference. Anything that I'd want to do has been done on there and there's likely a thread.

Yup, 100% agree. G2IC is the ultimate reference site for our cars... but for casual surfing, Beyond lays the steel toed boot to it.

freakin
04-23-2005, 07:50 PM
I got a little busy this afternoon. Decided to clean up that armrest I bought and get it installed. Next, I'll clean the interior, hehe. What do ya think of the e-brake handle?
:rofl:

http://members.shaw.ca/matteakin/acura/New_Toys/teg_arm_rest.JPG
http://members.shaw.ca/matteakin/acura/New_Toys/armrest2.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/matteakin/acura/New_Toys/armrestback.jpg

frostyda9
04-23-2005, 08:36 PM
:rofl: what is that a BMX grip? CC looks hawt, I am considering breaking into your car and stealing it :angel:

freakin
04-23-2005, 09:27 PM
haha, HELL YEAH! It's a Demolition BMX grip. I had a big ugly chrome one on there, so I decided it was time for a change.

Speed_Dreams
04-25-2005, 08:19 AM
Damn you and your arm rest. did you say that it looks pretty much exactly the same as one from an accord? if so i might have to scower pick and pull and pick one up. i hate not having one

freakin
04-25-2005, 11:18 AM
I took a closer look at my girlfriends...it's not the same, but some parts are. The top, the pocket under it and the ash tray are....but the main section of it is wider and taller.

Sorry to get your hopes up. Mine's missing the ash tray and the mounts for the back....so don't feel so bad. If it makes you feel better, mine's technically not "complete". :poosie:

PS, post a WTB on G2IC....someone just got offered a leather one.