PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2nd Gen Integra Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

danlowteg
05-19-2005, 12:04 AM
why didnt you come in and say hi. im in the hometheater. just ask for Dan L. hahaha thats awsome pics :burnout:

Moonracer
05-19-2005, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by danlowteg
why didnt you come in and say hi. im in the hometheater. just ask for Dan L. hahaha thats awsome pics :burnout:

I would have if I knew who you were. I was wearing a beyond lanyard if you happen to remember a bald white guy with one...lol
Dave was there too buying audio cables. :D

QuasarCav
05-19-2005, 08:23 AM
I just live up the hll from there, we should have a meet in that area soon!

What do you guys think of CF on Isle green pearl? My hood is rock chipped to shit and I'm thinking a re-paint would probably be the same price as a new hood.

freakin
05-19-2005, 11:26 AM
I happen to like CF hoods on dark colors, so I'd say go for it. If you want to see what it would look like, we can hold up my new fenders beside my car :rofl:

I did the same thing. With the amount of money my insurance co. gave me for replacing and painting my hood, it came out to about $100 less than a CF hood. Hard decision there. But repainting a hood should only cost somewhere between $100-$200.

Speed_Dreams
05-19-2005, 12:12 PM
So what is everyones plans for the weekend? whos working on there cars? what are you putting in? i figured it time for a tune up so i got NGK gpower ( ya there platinum ) new cap and rotor and hopefully my MSD wires come in.

yippey all for like $120 ahhahaha i love parts discounts

and for all you people like me with ABS and want front strut bars i will be talking to my boss if there is enough interest to get a couple Greddy ones for like $210 if anyones interested

QuasarCav
05-19-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Speed_Dreams
So what is everyones plans for the weekend? whos working on there cars? what are you putting in? i figured it time for a tune up so i got NGK gpower ( ya there platinum ) new cap and rotor and hopefully my MSD wires come in.

yippey all for like $120 ahhahaha i love parts discounts

and for all you people like me with ABS and want front strut bars i will be talking to my boss if there is enough interest to get a couple Greddy ones for like $210 if anyones interested

Just take off the ABS bracketry and install the brace and then re-install the bracketry, It takes some time but ABS doesn;t stop you from using any strut bar.

danlowteg
05-19-2005, 01:34 PM
for the weekend i wanna paint the under side of my car to get rid of the white chips on the bottom. and replacing a fuse
:thumbsup:

freakin
05-19-2005, 01:54 PM
weekend plans = stare at my car and get angry

Maybe I'll clean it out....or sit inside and make engine noises.

Moonracer
05-19-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by freakin
weekend plans = stare at my car and get angry

Maybe I'll clean it out....or sit inside and make engine noises.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I can just picture it. You must be frustrated as hell matt.

Anyway my plans are for me and jen to go to Kelowna to visit her family and attend the knox mountain hill climb. It's gonna be awesome. :clap:

frostyda9
05-19-2005, 05:18 PM
for the weekend i wanna paint the under side of my car to get rid of the white chips on the bottom

Same, I have to paint the underside where it's rusting. Of course I have to go see Star Wars as well! haha Besides that, packing stuff up for the move and generally slacking off. That's what long weekends are for ;)

frozenrice
05-19-2005, 08:06 PM
Hopefully I'll have time to paint the rear bumper moulding. I got the side mouldings done and the rear taillights are cleared (Super Clean is the shit). Anybody going to the Teg meeting Sunday?

danlowteg
05-20-2005, 12:27 AM
I have sunday off time and where????

frozenrice
05-20-2005, 06:29 AM
I have sunday off time and where????

If there is one, I think it's Sunday 6pm Chinook. Upper parkade.

gen2teggy
05-20-2005, 08:58 PM
hey u guys think....if i did a converstion...of a 3rd gen integra lights on my car would look good?

danlowteg
05-20-2005, 10:54 PM
it would be neat but i dont think it would flow. who knows but really if you have that kinda money spend it on some enigne stuff and beat the v8's around town! :thumbsup:

frozenrice
05-20-2005, 11:33 PM
Tough call on the 3rd gen conversion, but danlow has a good point. Besides if you want your car to look like a 3rd gen, for the money you spend converting, you can sell the G2 and buy an actual 3rd gen. You car is looking good with the skirts and wheels on, BTW.

Here's the superclean tails installed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/DSCF0029.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/DSCF0028.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/DSCF0030.jpg

Speed_Dreams
05-20-2005, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
Tough call on the 3rd gen conversion, but danlow has a good point. Besides if you want your car to look like a 3rd gen, for the money you spend converting, you can sell the G2 and buy an actual 3rd gen. You car is looking good with the skirts and wheels on, BTW.

Here's the superclean tails installed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/DSCF0029.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/DSCF0028.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/DSCF0030.jpg

haha dave will be pissed that his didn't turn out...

haha that sucks but your tails look nice...i especially like them on the white car:thumbsup:

freakin
05-21-2005, 11:46 AM
gen2teggy:
I saw a 2nd gen on G2IC with a USDM 3rd gen front end on it a little while ago. Went searching, but coudln't find it. It's a lot of work and really doesn't look like anything spectacular. If anything it throws the lines off. For the amount of money it would cost to do it, you'd be better off selling your car and buying a 3rd gen. The difference would cover the conversion price. I did find this though:
A JDM 3rd gen front on a 2nd gen. Basically looks stock....so not sure that it's worth all the work.
http://pstr-m01.ygpweb.aol.com/data/002/21/EB/82/75/uawKU4CHEuyQrT0sDIc0xLV5AnnYP7iO0180.jpg

Mike, that looks really nice. I'm debating it myself, but I like the amber in mine. I think I'll see if I can find another set of tailights cheap and experiment on them.

frostyda9
05-21-2005, 11:57 AM

haha dave will be pissed that his didn't turn out...

haha AHHHHHH fuck why didn't mine clear out

danlowteg
05-21-2005, 01:53 PM
mine wont clear too. so were in the same ball park:banghead:

frozenrice
05-21-2005, 02:44 PM
Mike, that looks really nice. I'm debating it myself, but I like the amber in mine. I think I'll see if I can find another set of tailights cheap and experiment on them.

I can't remember, but doesn't Tom have an extra set from that parts car or does he want too much for them? Did you get your trunk yet BTW?

frostyda9
05-21-2005, 02:50 PM
Wow that is weird, we must be just about the only ones.

On another note, I was at crappy tire today getting paint to fix the rust under the car, and they had a tremclad white gloss paint for about $10 a quart on sale. Finally going to sand and paint under the car now, it's starting to look really rough :( I've used the paint before and it's a really close match for Frost White, in non-critical areas.

frostyda9
05-21-2005, 02:53 PM
Mike you are posting here but not signed into MSN? you should sign in ;)

freakin
05-21-2005, 03:10 PM
I still haven't heard back from Tom. I've sent him 2 emails so far. Last I heard he was having trouble finding time to get the lid painted. Once I hear back from him, I'll see what's up. I'm assuming you got your parts from him then. I'll try calling him later today.

Moonracer
05-21-2005, 07:21 PM
Greetings from Kelowna! It's been a nice day here and the hill climb racing has been pretty cool. There were cars on display as well. A frickin porsche Carrera GT no less from alberta. Then I spotted this little bit of a gem...lol

http://www.supercars.net/servlets/PW/garagePics/Moonracer/244car3.jpg
http://www.supercars.net/servlets/PW/garagePics/Moonracer/244car4.jpg
http://www.supercars.net/servlets/PW/garagePics/Moonracer/244car5.jpg
http://www.supercars.net/servlets/PW/garagePics/Moonracer/244car6.jpg

freakin
05-21-2005, 07:25 PM
http://www.supercars.net/servlets/PW/garagePics/Moonracer/244car5.jpg

Is that a B18C5 or a B16A? Looks like an R, but what's with that exhaust manifold??

Either way, nice car. :thumbsup:

Moonracer
05-21-2005, 07:28 PM
Looks like an ITR but I didn't get a good look at it. If he is there again tomorrow I will have to have a chat with him

b16Ateg
05-22-2005, 10:00 AM
i'm just poping up to say i'm still alive since i haven't been on beyond for a month now..

Genjuro
05-22-2005, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by b16Ateg
i'm just poping up to say i'm still alive since i haven't been on beyond for a month now..

sup

frozenrice
05-22-2005, 10:14 AM

Hey mang. I was beginning to wonder what happened to you. Thought it was something we said or did heh heh.

Moonracer
05-22-2005, 10:26 AM
Oh yeah and get this, on my drive out here I managed 662 kms on one tank of gas! Mind you I was running on fumes at that point.

frostyda9
05-22-2005, 11:07 AM

Hey Logan! Holy shit I thought you died haha. Working out of town lots I guess? Busy with the bebe?

Nice mileage Sandino. I've never made it past Mara, I was pretty much on fumes by that point. :banghead:

frozenrice
05-22-2005, 05:34 PM
Well my project turned to shit. I painted out the rear bumper stripe and it just plain looks like shit. I guess after a couple of coats of primer, paint and clear, it raised the surface enough that when I peeled the tape off, it left a distinct line. On top of that, there was a few spots where I didn't press the taped down enough and primer seeped in behind. To make matters worse, I tried to touch it up and it went from bad to worse. Lastly to top it all off, the "original" paint on the bumper is yellowed enough that the paint clearly doesn't match. :banghead: That's all I have to say for now I just needed to vent.

frozenrice
05-22-2005, 09:30 PM
I should have taken this picture before everybody left and to boot the shot isn't all that great but it's a picture none the less. We were going to park our cars around frosty's since he only moved the car 200 yards to go to the movies, but there was this bad looking prelude with skyline tailights parked close by. That would have ruined the shot.

I meant to take a picture of the Volvo too but by the time I remembered, Matt already left.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/DSCF0035.jpg

zuhalter
05-22-2005, 11:01 PM
Hey guys my name's Lee and I'm new to the forum. I met Matt today when I picked up some rims and he recommended this. Looks sweet. Had my car for nearly a year but its been parked, since this is an introduction I guess I can introduce Betty too (this is how she looked when I got her):

http://photobucket.com/albums/y207/zuhalter/HPIM0236.jpg

Havn't taken pictures in a long time but she has had some changes. I will try to post a current one tomorrow. Oh and thanks again Matt.

frostyda9
05-22-2005, 11:05 PM
Welcome zuhalter :thumbsup:

frozenrice
05-22-2005, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by zuhalter
Hey guys my name's Lee and I'm new to the forum.

Welcome Lee.

Dave how was the movie? When you said you were going to Star Wars and drove away I thought you were going to a different theatre. 5mins later I look over and see your car 200 yards away at the other end of the parking lot. Lazy bugger!

lam-boy
05-22-2005, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by frostyda9
Welcome zuhalter :thumbsup:

haha dave, went to the movies, but you moved your car like across the parking lot haha.

welcome zuhalter.

frostyda9
05-23-2005, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by frozenrice

Welcome Lee.

Dave how was the movie? When you said you were going to Star Wars and drove away I thought you were going to a different theatre. 5mins later I look over and see your car 200 yards away at the other end of the parking lot. Lazy bugger!

haha yeah I thought that would be good for a laugh. Wave goodbye to everyone and park about 6 rows away and walk into Chinook :rofl: Movie was good :thumbsup: Ties everything together in a chronologically impaired Pulp Fiction sort of way.

nhlfan
05-23-2005, 02:49 AM
this thread is looking terribly off track, but i thought i would post this here...

i drove my first 2nd gen integra last night, and it was pretty sweet. definitely a nice car, i wouldnt mind picking one up for the right price as a winter car or something. it was not a 2g gsr though, not enough power for summer :poosie:

b16Ateg
05-23-2005, 09:56 AM
ya i've been working alot in red deer and shit since i have been done school and driving back and forth to edmonton... maybe i should get a bunch of you guys to come up there to cruise with me and the kicker is you guys can help me move haha..

frozenrice
05-23-2005, 10:14 AM
haha, that would be hilarious. A dozen Tegs in convoy loaded to the nuts with furniture and stuff.

freakin
05-23-2005, 10:19 AM
I think the farfromhome VW show is next weekend. Sounds like there's going to be a war on the highway.

Genjuro
05-23-2005, 11:37 AM
hey guys, i have a couple pics i just took.. what you think?

http://www3.telus.net/public/ws15455/DSCF0002.JPG

http://www3.telus.net/public/ws15455/DSCF0006.JPG

http://www3.telus.net/public/ws15455/DSCF0008.JPG

http://www3.telus.net/public/ws15455/DSCF0009.JPG

swapping the engine in about 2 months..

b16Ateg
05-23-2005, 12:28 PM
well it would be a convoy with a uhaul truck.... uhaul screwed me over this long weekend we reserved one and they didn't even have it when i went to edmonton.. i was so pissed off

frozenrice
05-23-2005, 01:30 PM
Dang! Another white G2. Very popular colour this year. Looks great with the wheels.

zuhalter
05-23-2005, 02:05 PM
Hey guys, I am looking to replace my driver's side headlight (USDM), the silvery part is all rusted because whoever changed the lightbulbs last didn't screw in the plastic piece in the back. I would, of course, like to go JDM one-piece but I can't justify spending that much on my headlights (plus the cost of the bulbs :nut: . Function over fashion Anyways, I'm also looking for the clear corners and the bumper lights if you know anyone that has them. I cleared the bumper ones but they are pretty cracked up. I need those lights for a new project I have in mind. If no one has them I guess I'll just order them from eBay. Thanks a bunch.

Lee

freakin
05-23-2005, 04:26 PM
Hey Lee,
Glad to see you made it on here. As far as the lights go, you should be able to find a good set with bulbs for under $200. But I'd bet that someone here has an old set lying around if you want the USDM for now. As far as the bumper lights go, I paid around $30-$40 for some clear ones in town. Try Custom Auto for something like that. Actually, if you call over there, see if they have JDM lights. I know they just got a container of parts, but I think it's mostly engines. They might have some body parts in there though.

gen2teggy
05-23-2005, 04:28 PM
welcome

zuhalter
05-23-2005, 04:55 PM
Sweet tnx a lot I will check it out tomorrow. Thanks for the welcomes everyone. Is there a place to see if someone has a cardomain page? Anyways mine is http://www.cardomain.com/id/zuhalter

Matt, I found a bunch of places from the yellowpages and this site for powder coating my rims, all closed today but tomorrow I'm gonna check that out too.

Moonracer
05-23-2005, 10:22 PM
Hey guys my name's Lee and I'm new to the forum. I met Matt today when I picked up some rims and he recommended this. Looks sweet. Had my car for nearly a year but its been parked, since this is an introduction I guess I can introduce Betty too (this is how she looked when I got her):

Havn't taken pictures in a long time but she has had some changes. I will try to post a current one tomorrow. Oh and thanks again Matt.

Welcome! :D

Originally posted by Genjuro
hey guys, i have a couple pics i just took.. what you think?

Welcome! :D Nice to see a couple of new guys.
Oh and nice pics. :thumbsup:

Hey guys, I am looking to replace my driver's side headlight (USDM), the silvery part is all rusted because whoever changed the lightbulbs last didn't screw in the plastic piece in the back. I would, of course, like to go JDM one-piece but I can't justify spending that much on my headlights (plus the cost of the bulbs :nut: . Function over fashion Anyways, I'm also looking for the clear corners and the bumper lights if you know anyone that has them. I cleared the bumper ones but they are pretty cracked up. I need those lights for a new project I have in mind. If no one has them I guess I'll just order them from eBay. Thanks a bunch.

Lee

I have a set of usdm's just sitting around if you want them or one. Let me know.

QuasarCav
05-24-2005, 08:16 AM

Lee

Function over form = 9007 conversion.

b16Ateg
05-24-2005, 11:06 AM
i might be selling the carbon fiber hood... but i think it needs to get reclear coated

Speed_Dreams
05-24-2005, 12:23 PM
i might be selling the carbon fiber hood... but i think it needs to get reclear coated

are you moviong to edmonton? cause that sucks.

anyways in my news i took my spoiler off and desided i like me car like i like my women, shaved. i just need to get the trunck filled now instead of the electrical tape i have on there.

sad to see you go logan but best of luck up north

freakin
05-24-2005, 12:51 PM

anyways in my news i took my spoiler off and desided i like me car like i like my women, shaved. i just need to get the trunck filled now instead of the electrical tape i have on there.

I thought you liked them with a big exhaust pipe. :thumbsup:
(I think it's fair for Drew to sucker punch me next time for all the harrasement.). I was thinking of trying to find some sort of cap. I'm in the same boat with my trucklid. The sides aren't a big deal because the drain in to the proper spot. The two in the middle are straight in to my truck, so I should address them ASAP.

Update on my teg:
Car is going on Friday for the new head gasket, cam gears, bigger TB, new ignition etc.

Ordering in my momo hub, so now I have have a nicer ricer wheel. :poosie:
PS, if you know of anyone with an EG. I have a couple of hubs I need to get rid of. They came with the wheels I bought, but they won't fit my car.

Logan, sucks to see ya go. You'll need to come down for a cruise sometime this year.

b16Ateg
05-24-2005, 01:57 PM
fuck i'm not moving to edmonton... i'm moving christinas shit down from edmonton to calgary... fuck that i dont want to live in the city of champions.. .. i would rather live in cowtown then deadmonton... dont worry i'm not leaving calgary...

freakin
05-24-2005, 02:42 PM
HAHA, well enjoy your weekend then

b16Ateg
05-24-2005, 03:53 PM
haha i well i went this long weekend and i couldn't bring anyhting back to calgary

lam-boy
05-26-2005, 08:52 PM
Well, I told mike about my problem with my lip..but here it is. FINALLY INSTALLED. god it was driving me nuts.

lam-boy
05-26-2005, 08:53 PM
sorry about the glare in the pics.

yes I did paint it and installed it myself. woot go team!

lam-boy
05-26-2005, 08:56 PM
last one. dun dun dun
i couldn't get a better pic. my garage was closed and i didn't want to run inside and open it up again.

Genjuro
05-26-2005, 09:01 PM
thats pretty nice man. think you can do one up for me too? :thumbsup:

lam-boy
05-26-2005, 09:04 PM
thanks, the little white stuff on my bumper would be a bit of double sided tape that i had on from my stock lip (because i was missing one mounting bracket so i used the tape to hold the stock lip)

i dunno maybe, this one drove me nuts, but you never know haha I could change my mind. what color is your car? got a lip/

frozenrice
05-27-2005, 12:36 AM
Looks great Steve! :thumbsup: Now get some rubber for those rims and you'll be set for summer.

Speed_Dreams
05-27-2005, 11:24 AM
what rims do you have steve? i might be able to get you the hook up for rubber. or just go to mytires.ca they have the best prices.

on another note. my parts car is officially gone. it only took like 3 months for it to get taken away but its gone now. sad to see her leave...but she was taken away for Free!!!!! hahaha suckers.

b16Ateg
05-27-2005, 12:01 PM
is any one going to race city tonight ??

Moonracer
05-27-2005, 12:10 PM

I wouldn't mind but not sure. I'm driving some guys home from the DTP roll-in tonight. Depends how long that takes and if i'm falling asleep from lack of sleep as usual.

And who all is going to DTP tomorrow? We have a local celeb that's going to be in the show! ;)

QuasarCav
05-27-2005, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Moonracer

I wouldn't mind but not sure. I'm driving some guys home from the DTP roll-in tonight. Depends how long that takes and if i'm falling asleep from lack of sleep as usual.

And who all is going to DTP tomorrow? We have a local celeb that's going to be in the show! ;)

Ahhh... not my thing, I'm into the whole car-modifying scene and all but shows like this bring out the wrong ideas.

WTF is with 2nd gens and altezzas, wings, shitty bodykits, blowing mass amounts of smoke, fartcans, two-tone tint, and the infamous "gangsta lean". It seems every other 2nd gen I see suffers from at least one of these problems.

I saw a baby blue teg on the deerfoot a few days ago and had to pull over and vomit.

Rant over, back to work.

lam-boy
05-27-2005, 12:57 PM
what rims do you have steve? i might be able to get you the hook up for rubber. or just go to mytires.ca they have the best prices.

on another note. my parts car is officially gone. it only took like 3 months for it to get taken away but its gone now. sad to see her leave...but she was taken away for Free!!!!! hahaha suckers.

i have 16" motegis, i need 205/45/16

freakin
05-27-2005, 01:08 PM
I might, but I have class tonight and I think I might save it for next week. I might see if the Volvo will make it down there. I might track it if it's a problem free drive. Don't want to stall it on the 1/4.

Originally posted by QuasarCav

Ahhh... not my thing, I'm into the whole car-modifying scene and all but shows like this bring out the wrong ideas.

WTF is with 2nd gens and altezzas, wings, shitty bodykits, blowing mass amounts of smoke, fartcans, two-tone tint, and the infamous "gangsta lean". It seems every other 2nd gen I see suffers from at least one of these problems.

I saw a baby blue teg on the deerfoot a few days ago and had to pull over and vomit.

Rant over, back to work.

That guy lives down the street from me. He's on this board....in fact, I think he introduced himself in this thread at one point.

Anyhow, I'd have to agree with you. Every teg I see is either stock, super clean, or extremely ricey. To each his own, I suppose. If anything it helps keep my car low key. I built it for me to enjoy, and I prefer performance over having a head-turner. Mind you, I still like how mine looks ;)

Originally posted by lam-boy

i have 16" motegis, i need 205/45/16
Shouldn't you be running 205/40/16? I'm running 205/40/17, and I know it's too big, but not much of an option if I want to run 17's. 205/45/16 is essentially the same as 205/40/17. Mind you I'm basing this on the whole plus-sizing theory that's not very accurate.

lam-boy
05-27-2005, 01:11 PM

Shouldn't you be running 205/40/16? I'm running 205/40/17, and I know it's too big, but not much of an option if I want to run 17's. 205/45/16 is essentially the same as 205/40/17. Mind you I'm basing this on the whole plus-sizing theory that's not very accurate.

I ran 205/40/16 before, and it knocked my speedo off a bit, so i used that tire check from the miata forums and found that 205/45/16 will keep it within .1% of my speedo or so.
but as the moment, I don't have cash flow coming in, I need to find another job..so everything im doing to my car right now are things I have laying around the house from before because I bought them at an earlier time.

frostyda9
05-27-2005, 01:38 PM
:werd: to the comment about the proliferation of riced out G2's... they are everywhere. Logan, if you do decide to sell the carbon hood, I call dibs ;)

Speed_Dreams
05-27-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by frostyda9
:werd: to the comment about the proliferation of riced out G2's... they are everywhere. Logan, if you do decide to sell the carbon hood, I call dibs ;)

the show bug has bit him. haha :bigpimp:

hey matt is my car stock? super clean? or super ricey??:poosie:
don't answer that i know what your answer will be

steve 712 kumhos would be around 128.05 plus $4 tire tax

let me know i can have then within a couple days

Moonracer
05-27-2005, 01:58 PM

Rant over, back to work.

The wrong ideas? What does that mean exactly? Isn't that a little arrogant? ;) To each his own, there will be a little of everything there. In the end it's a good thing all around. Keeps the enthusiasm going.

lam-boy
05-27-2005, 02:53 PM

the show bug has bit him. haha :bigpimp:

hey matt is my car stock? super clean? or super ricey??:poosie:
don't answer that i know what your answer will be

steve 712 kumhos would be around 128.05 plus $4 tire tax

let me know i can have then within a couple days

132.05 x 4 = 528.20 dollars that I don't have on me right now..:(
I need a job. :rolleyes:

QuasarCav
05-27-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Moonracer

The wrong ideas? What does that mean exactly? Isn't that a little arrogant? ;) To each his own, there will be a little of everything there. In the end it's a good thing all around. Keeps the enthusiasm going.

Thats exactly my problem, "keeps the enthusiasm going".

It's like when you were little and you went to a kung-fu movie and you convinced your parents that you wanted to take kung-fu classes. Really your brain was just exicted and it was fresh in your mind. Some really nice cars are featured at the show and for these I am very happy. Some of these cars could not be seen anywhere else and where made by people who are devoted to making something decent.

On the other hand we have the "rice" for lack of a better word. You'll see a civic with altezza's and a fart-can and a kid will look st that and think "So thats what modifiying a car is all about". Soon enough he throws some gay mods on mommys accord and keeps the process going. Not because he's into modifying cars but because it's the trendy thing to do. This comes off really bad for those of us that are in it for the love of a nicely tuned car.

The DA's in my opinion are one of the nicest cars in stock from to come off a japanese assembly line. Get rid of the 4x4 and you have a good looking car for not much cash. Alot of people throw around the quote "to each their own" I can simply not fathom how someone can look at their riced out car and think that it's good looking.

I dont mean to offend anyone because really it's up to them what they like and dislike but someone/thing had to influence their decisions and I believe car shows/the media are the main culprits. A guy off the street will not recognize thin side mouldings and one peice lights but he will notice altezza lights and a gaudy body kit. These people are not who whould be interested in cars, they are interested in anything that seems to be popular.

Ahhhh, 1 hr away from freedom.

lam-boy
05-27-2005, 03:05 PM

I dont mean to offend anyone because really it's up to them what they like and dislike but someone/thing had to influence their decisions and I believe car shows/the media are the main culprits. A guy off the street will not recognize thin side mouldings and one peice lights but he will notice altezza lights and a gaudy body kit. These people are not who whould be interested in cars, they are interested in anything that seems to be popular.

not everyone will notice the thin side mouldings or the one piece head lights because its 'jdm' and that shit is a fad. just like big body kits and altezza lights. theres always a diffrent fad.

and ya guys, my next purchase will be.... http://www.shockerstickers.com/store/images/DSC00217.jpg
im gonna rock that shit. haha.

QuasarCav
05-27-2005, 03:11 PM

not everyone will notice the thin side mouldings or the one piece head lights because its 'jdm' and that shit is a fad. just like big body kits and altezza lights. theres always a diffrent fad.

and ya guys, my next purchase will be.... http://www.shockerstickers.com/store/images/DSC00217.jpg
im gonna rock that shit. haha.

I rock that right along with my stock headlights!!

I wonder if it will fit under my "my other car has altezza's" sticker.

lam-boy
05-27-2005, 03:13 PM
I dunno what the height on the sticker is, but its 7inches long, if its pretty short (height wise) im gonna rock it on my bumper molding. if not ill probably stick it on my windshield.

frostyda9
05-27-2005, 04:39 PM

That shit may be a fad, but I consider thin mouldings and one piece headlights something worthwhile. It wouldn't matter if they were JDM, USDM, aftermarket or whatever...they look good on the car and they are clean mods, regardless of whether they are trendy or not. What bugs me is people who buy absolute useless JDM stuff... like fuel door stickers :rolleyes:

I'll be interested to see at the show if people have started to move away from the altezzas and other "ricey" mods. With any luck maybe the F&F influences have started to disappear :D

b16Ateg
05-27-2005, 05:49 PM
hey dave i'm like 75 % sure i'm going to sell the hood but i might sell if for around 250 i dunno though since i bought it for like 600 back in the day.. i just think it needs to be polished with a buffer and maybe new hood pins and thats it so i will let you know

frozenrice
05-27-2005, 06:37 PM
Modifying your car is personalizing it. Do whatever you want to it. Some people like rice, for some its the clean look and others do it for performance. What ever floats your boat. I'm sure there will be a large variey of cars ricey or not at DTP. Yeah you might get some ideas, good or bad, but for me the point of going to the show is to appreciate the work that people put into their projects. Don't take this the wrong way Quasar, but your reasons for "boycotting" these shows to me says that you're stereotyping all import enthusiats as ricers. Yes JDM is a FAD, but some good things have come out of it. For example one-pieces IMO are way cleaner looking than USDM. I didn't get them because they were JDM but becuase I like how they look.

frostyda9
05-27-2005, 11:01 PM
hey dave i'm like 75 % sure i'm going to sell the hood but i might sell if for around 250 i dunno though since i bought it for like 600 back in the day.. i just think it needs to be polished with a buffer and maybe new hood pins and thats it so i will let you know

Take 10 bucks off your price and I'll refinish it myself and get new pins for it :thumbsup:

Moonracer
05-28-2005, 12:17 AM

Thats exactly my problem, "keeps the enthusiasm going".

It's like when you were little and you went to a kung-fu movie and you convinced your parents that you wanted to take kung-fu classes. Really your brain was just exicted and it was fresh in your mind. Some really nice cars are featured at the show and for these I am very happy. Some of these cars could not be seen anywhere else and where made by people who are devoted to making something decent.

On the other hand we have the "rice" for lack of a better word. You'll see a civic with altezza's and a fart-can and a kid will look st that and think "So thats what modifiying a car is all about". Soon enough he throws some gay mods on mommys accord and keeps the process going. Not because he's into modifying cars but because it's the trendy thing to do. This comes off really bad for those of us that are in it for the love of a nicely tuned car.

The DA's in my opinion are one of the nicest cars in stock from to come off a japanese assembly line. Get rid of the 4x4 and you have a good looking car for not much cash. Alot of people throw around the quote "to each their own" I can simply not fathom how someone can look at their riced out car and think that it's good looking.

Ahhhh, 1 hr away from freedom.

There ya go, notice it's always the young kids ricing they're cars out. That's because they all have a limited budget and are all about image. When they grow up and make some more cash they're tastes change and can afford some decent stuff as well. And just because we don't like altezzas doesn't mean they are wrong. If everyone did they're cars the same there would be a lot less uniqueness.

lam-boy
05-28-2005, 01:01 AM
Sandino, you going to DTP tomorrow? I will get you the money for the igniter.

Moonracer
05-28-2005, 01:21 AM
Sandino, you going to DTP tomorrow? I will get you the money for the igniter.

Oh yeah...lol Cool I will see you there.

Genjuro
05-28-2005, 10:31 AM
"i dunno maybe, this one drove me nuts, but you never know haha I could change my mind. what color is your car? got a lip?"

its white, but all stock (no lip). just need a fresh coat of paint i think.

hmm. im going to DTP also. where you guys going to park?

lam-boy
05-28-2005, 11:33 AM
Hmm, I dunno where im gonna park, I guess ill park where ever its closest haha.

but i cleaned up the car yesterday, hopefully these are better shots for you guys

lam-boy
05-28-2005, 11:34 AM
one more

QuasarCav
05-28-2005, 11:47 AM
one more

NICE!!!!!!!!!

I am using 99% of my will power not to go right down to custom auto and buy one right now.

How low are you dropped?

lam-boy
05-28-2005, 12:09 PM
um, i am not TOO postive but i believe its a 2" drop. but i could be wrong but i know for sure its 1.5-2"
let me find a side shot for you

thats as close as I got for a full side shot from last night.

freakin
05-28-2005, 02:17 PM
Steve, that looks good....I want one now!!

Here's good news:
The tow truck is on it's way to pick up my car and take it to Speedtech.....so I'm about a week away from having it back on the road.

Bad news:
Some asshole thought it would be funny to toss a sparkplug out of a moving car at the back of my Volvo. The back window is toast...fucking pricks. I think I have a good idea of who it was as well. If I'm right, it's not going to be pretty.

anyhow happy day all in all. :clap:

QuasarCav
05-28-2005, 02:27 PM
Steve, that looks good....I want one now!!

Here's good news:
The tow truck is on it's way to pick up my car and take it to Speedtech.....so I'm about a week away from having it back on the road.

Bad news:
Some asshole thought it would be funny to toss a sparkplug out of a moving car at the back of my Volvo. The back window is toast...fucking pricks. I think I have a good idea of who it was as well. If I'm right, it's not going to be pretty.

anyhow happy day all in all. :clap:

If you need a hand, let me know. I'll bring my 36" extension and well re-install the sparkplug up his ass.

zuhalter
05-28-2005, 04:12 PM
Bad news:

I keep an aluminum bat at hand for that sorta thing, you are more than welcome to try it out :guns:

Speed_Dreams
05-29-2005, 08:18 AM
So who here went to DTP? Who was Impressed? It was an Alright show lots of nice cars good turn out. the only thing that i didn't really like was that there were like 25 skylines there. so you could see the show in like 25 min. none the less I think Daves Car looked PIMP there all shiney , RHD Da was pretty sweet aswell. there was a couple of crazy cars there. the 300C on like 22's was nuts. there was a convertible mustang that had really nice paint. other then that i wasn't really impressed. I dunno maybe im just hard to please :dunno:

frozenrice
05-29-2005, 09:35 AM
I personally liked the J body display cause it wasn't too crowded with people.....

b16Ateg
05-29-2005, 09:51 AM
ya i wasn't to impressed.. i got there walked around and then left in like a hour.. cos you can see everything in like 15 to 25 mins but thats it.. and sandino if you got a pic of those chicks in the blue you should send me them haha they were frecking nice..lol but i agree with you drew... oh the fat fives might be up for sale soon just to let ppl know also the head lights might be up for sale if i can get stock ones for trade plus some cash but i'm not for sures about that one yet.

dirty_magic
05-29-2005, 12:09 PM
Logan, how much would you want for the fat fives?

Speed_Dreams
05-29-2005, 05:13 PM
does anyone know the 3 asian chicks that were hanging around the Tegs? I went to high school with one of them just seeing if they were the "ingegra girls" or not

freakin
05-29-2005, 08:40 PM
Finally got the car in: :clap:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/matteakin/acura/delivered2.jpg
http://www.members.shaw.ca/matteakin/acura/delivered.jpg

Plus one shot just before the tow truck arrived........I'm really liking the wingless look:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/matteakin/acura/wingless%20side.jpg