PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2nd Gen Integra Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

frozenrice
05-29-2005, 11:03 PM
:clap: for Matt. Hope it goes well this time 'round.
Sandino, do you have any picture posted yet from the show?

Moonracer
05-29-2005, 11:31 PM
Here ya go this is what I have up so far.

DTP Gallery (http://www.pbase.com/moonracer/dtp)

freakin
05-30-2005, 11:05 PM
The head came off today. The verdict = cracked sleeve. :banghead:

This week sucks. :thumbsdow

Moonracer
05-30-2005, 11:12 PM
Dude WTF???? How bad can you luck be? :banghead:

freakin
05-31-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Moonracer
Dude WTF???? How bad can you luck be? :banghead:

Tell me about it!! I'm going to work on the Volvo for a bit now. But even that's set back a bit:
http://members.shaw.ca/matteakin/Volvo/smashed%20window%201.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/matteakin/Volvo/smashed%20window%202.jpg

lam-boy
05-31-2005, 11:29 AM
Ouch, Matt, sorry to hear man.

So much bad luck is going around..hope everything gets fixed and such, and I hope you find the bastard(s) who did that to your rear trunk window. you should throw porcelin at their bastard ass faces.

zuhalter
05-31-2005, 11:37 AM
In other news the rims I got from matt are almost done at top gun coatings and I was just wondering if any of you used lock nuts instead of the regular ones, and if so where and how much were they?

jaylo
05-31-2005, 12:06 PM
Good news guys my car is gonna be in the show. No turbo though, had no time to build it before the show. But I added some few toys:

Mugen
Personal
5zigen
Spoon
custom stainless steel stuff

Is there gonna be an abtegs booth? I'm trying to get in the beyond.ca one but they don't know if they will have a space for me.

freakin
05-31-2005, 12:07 PM
those rims shouldn't need a 'tuner nut' (the ones where you use an allan key style adapter to take them off from the inside of the nut. I'd just get a good set of normal chrome lugs and get a set of locking ones from Canadian Tire, Auto Value or some place like that. Glad to hear you got the rims going....just curious, what did it end up costing?

lam-boy
05-31-2005, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by jaylo
Good news guys my car is gonna be in the show. No turbo though, had no time to build it before the show. But I added some few toys:

Mugen
Personal
5zigen
Spoon
custom stainless steel stuff

Is there gonna be an abtegs booth? I'm trying to get in the beyond.ca one but they don't know if they will have a space for me.

sweet, so you're keeping your car after all?
maybe in the future us g2 guys should get a booth for ourselves (if we're all show ready)

jaylo
05-31-2005, 12:13 PM
Yea I might as well for now. I was originally getting an Mr2 or a Skyline but there is already one too many now...

zuhalter
05-31-2005, 12:16 PM
Yeah thats exactly what I meant, locking ones. To powder them they cost 35 each plus 20 each to strip because they were aluminum. I called around and some places only did comercial coating and others were way more expensive. I dropped em off last thursday and I'm still waiting on them, they said early this week but the guy doing them wasn't in today. I'm hoping for end of week.

zuhalter
05-31-2005, 02:12 PM
Just planning ahead, I've been researching all I could about lowering my car. To my understanding if I lower it more than 2" I have to buy more stuff like a camber kit and shocks. There are some dropzone springs at custom auto for 171 CDN but they are 2.5" front/ 2.25" rear. The best option that I have come up with was to get the dropzone coilovers they have for 210 and set them close to 2", like 1.75 or something like that so I can avoid buying more things. My goal is to reduce or eliminate the 4x4 look without making the car a total rough ride. This is my daily driver and I wouldn't seriously race it. On a last note, I have found some Bomz coilovers on ebay that would cost a fair amount less after shipping, but from what I've read its better to get a better name for suspension and also they may make a rough ride. Am I on the right path?

QuasarCav
05-31-2005, 02:19 PM
Suspension is a tricky ordeal, It's like an engine where one part out of place can ruin the whole system.

If you want a slammed ride you are going to pay for it. Shitty ride, bouncy shocks and uneven tire wear are something to look forward to if you dont prep your ride.

IMO anything over 1.5" should be done on aftermarket shocks, any lower and your stockers will blow quick. Now comes the choices, should you get a camber kit? How wide are your tires, how agressive is your driving?

Some of the cheaper coil-overs ride like ass, have you ever seen a civic that bounces for 5 min after going over a high-speed bump? Chances are that civic has some ebay coil-overs that are so stiff that the shocks cant take it.

Like everything in the game money is the limitation, you can spend 2K on a nice set of coil-overs and shocks and have an awesome ride that corners like mad. You could spend 300 dollars on cheap ass equipment and have a ride that makes your kidney's bleed unless you are driving on glass. Plan out just exactly what your goals are and buy the right equipment, it will end up saving you cash in the long run because you wont be replacing/upgrading anything.

My advice:

Get some koni yellows and drop it 2" max, looks good and has a decent ride.

zuhalter
05-31-2005, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the advice. You are quite right about tricky, and it doesn't help when I'm facing conflicting views. I've heard many good things about the koni yellows. I am a bit unclear about the features of these, I've read that they are height adjustable. Does this mean that this would be the only part I would need to buy to lower my car without hurting my kidneys from the ride? Its like the more posts and info I read the more questions I have :rolleyes: Thanks again :)

Genjuro
05-31-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by lam-boy

sweet, so you're keeping your car after all?
maybe in the future us g2 guys should get a booth for ourselves (if we're all show ready)

yeah i think i might be doing that next time. my car should be ready by the end of the year.... if all goes as planned.....

Moonracer
05-31-2005, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by zuhalter
Thanks for the advice. You are quite right about tricky, and it doesn't help when I'm facing conflicting views. I've heard many good things about the koni yellows. I am a bit unclear about the features of these, I've read that they are height adjustable. Does this mean that this would be the only part I would need to buy to lower my car without hurting my kidneys from the ride? Its like the more posts and info I read the more questions I have :rolleyes: Thanks again :)

Koni yellows are one of the best aftermarket performance shocks you can get. I have them and they are awesome. They are adjustable in that the drop is variable as well as dampening. It's great you can change how stiff your ride is with the turn of a knob. Takes about a minute to do all four. So for the street you can set them for a softer ride and if you go to the track you set them to knock your teeth out..lol If you don't plan on taking your car to the track and don't need the adjustability then don't waste your money on them or any adjustables. Just get reds or something else decent.

frostyda9
05-31-2005, 05:38 PM
Koni yellows are great shocks...used on all different sorts of applications and generally regarded as one of the best out there.
My biased opinion would be to price out Koni yellows with some good aftermarket spings, and then compare them to Tein SS coilovers which provide most of the adjustability of the Koni's and add ride height adjustment as well. Those two setups wold be my choices :thumbsup: I went with the Tein basic coilovers, which lack the damping adjustment of the SS. In hindsight, I wish I had saved a little more $ and gone for the SS.

91VTEG
05-31-2005, 05:51 PM
im entering my car into scn :thumbsup:

Speed_Dreams
05-31-2005, 06:40 PM
Just planning ahead, I've been researching all I could about lowering my car. To my understanding if I lower it more than 2" I have to buy more stuff like a camber kit and shocks. There are some dropzone springs at custom auto for 171 CDN but they are 2.5" front/ 2.25" rear. The best option that I have come up with was to get the dropzone coilovers they have for 210 and set them close to 2", like 1.75 or something like that so I can avoid buying more things. My goal is to reduce or eliminate the 4x4 look without making the car a total rough ride. This is my daily driver and I wouldn't seriously race it. On a last note, I have found some Bomz coilovers on ebay that would cost a fair amount less after shipping, but from what I've read its better to get a better name for suspension and also they may make a rough ride. Am I on the right path?

Just some advice from someone who just went thru this. you need to take into concideration what your going to be doing? just a daily driver? or weekdays you drive to and from work and friday nights your going to autoX it? if your going to autoX i would reccomend getting adjustibles. if not...just get a good performance shock like Tokico HP's spending the extra $$ for adjustment is pointless. i have adjustables and i have adjusted them once in the 2 months i have had them. for springs , the drop really depends on your car. is it a GS , LS , RS , GSR? GS and GSR are the heaviest becaus they have all the options RS is lightest. this does make a difference in the drop. i have a GS on Eibach pro kit and my front gap is about 1 and a half fingers and the rear is like 2. ( this might be becuase i have my front shocks set at 2 and my rears at 3 ) but you deffinatly want to go with quality over cost effective for springs jsut because they are made to better standards then the other ones and they have better warrenties. if your going to go with coilovers get a quality set. Megan Racing , TEIN , Ground control , Nuespeed all good quality and priced not to bad.

hope this helps. and remember being dropped on Stock shocks sucks donkey cock

Drew

zuhalter
05-31-2005, 11:06 PM
Wow those are the exact answers that I needed, thank you guys so much. I should have no problem picking out what to get. Now any recomendations on where to buy or check out prices?

frozenrice
05-31-2005, 11:28 PM

From what I understand, coilover springs typically (not all though) are stiffer than just regular lowering springs. Reason they are stiffer is to compensate for the range of height adjustment if that makes any sense. Since you're only using it for daily driving it might make more sense to get a set of lowering springs. Teins are best known for their close to stock ride and spring rates that are close to stock. Since you don't want to lower it more than 2" to avoid camber kits and such, their next available set IIRC, is 1.5" (f&r). If you don't mind a slightly stiffer ride, then H&R (1.8" f&r) or Eibach (1.8" f 1.5" r) might be a good bet as well. I got my H&Rs for about $180 (on sale) and the Eibachs were quoted to me for about $340 (rip off if you ask me).
For shocks/dampers, like speed dreams said, if you're only looking for dailys, the extra cost for adjustables may not be worth it. Tokico, Koni, KYB are the most popular from what I've seen on the G2s.

lam-boy
06-01-2005, 12:35 AM
I am riding on Tein S-Techs, and Tokico blues. As Mike (frozenrice) Pointed out, the Teins ride like stock. I LOVE IT. Soft ride, close to stock and its 'progressive' so when I CRANK my wheel left to right, I can feel the springs get a bit stiffer than usual. Talk to Dieter or Johnny at customauto. tell em steve with the da integra sent you, they should hook you up. they took care of me. I didn't get adjustables because I don't care about adjusting it, I don't have the time or the energy, I just lowered it and kept as is. Does well in winter, I got a few scratches or so but whatever, what lowered car doesn't? Good luck with your choice dude. and i think my s-techs drop about 2 inches, not exactly sure though.

freakin
06-01-2005, 07:11 AM
Anyone interested in doing a B20 buildup? I'll sell you my block, complete with JE 11.5:1 pistons, Eagle rods and completely balanced bottom for a good deal. I've decided to go a different route this time. The sleeves are cracked you'll need to find a new block, but you could put this in with your B18A head and some crower 404's + a couple of little extras and hit around 200WHP.

Speed_Dreams
06-01-2005, 08:14 AM
need a new motor? i have one if you want

freakin
06-01-2005, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Speed_Dreams
need a new motor? i have one if you want

I'm interested.....I PM'd you for more details.

AllGoNoShow
06-01-2005, 11:08 AM
Gf just bought a 92, never was into imports but its not a bad little car to beat around in. I'll try and get some pics, for $3000 it was a steal.

Moonracer
06-01-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
Gf just bought a 92, never was into imports but its not a bad little car to beat around in. I'll try and get some pics, for $3000 it was a steal.

Cool we now have something else in common...lol ;)

QuasarCav
06-01-2005, 02:13 PM
I'm outta here, I'll check my PM's occasionally if you guys are planning a meet or something. Would be nice to finally meet some of you guys.

It's been a blast but I dont want to let my cynical attitude get the best of me. I know when to leave, Thought I'd post up here nad let you know.

Best of luck to all of you in the future, I pray for your DB Freakin.

frostyda9
06-01-2005, 05:27 PM
Bah...Quasar you shouldn't leave. Cynicism is just part
of an attitude, which forms opinions, which you are entitled to have.

Matt...what - the - fuck? I can't believe it has come to that
with your block. I would be livid.

frozenrice
06-01-2005, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
I'm outta here, I'll check my PM's occasionally if you guys are planning a meet or something. Would be nice to finally meet some of you guys.

It's been a blast but I dont want to let my cynical attitude get the best of me. I know when to leave, Thought I'd post up here nad let you know.

Best of luck to all of you in the future, I pray for your DB Freakin.

Hey man. What's up? Do you mean beyond or just this thread? You hardly seem cynical at all. Like Frosty said you're expressing an opinion just like the rest of us. Stand up and don't quit.

freakin
06-02-2005, 12:05 AM
Quasar, thanks for the encouragement.....but keep in mind 99% of the people on this or any board and fucktards. I only like a select few because they don't piss me off. I don't see eye to eye with the majority of the people in here. And if we throw politics in to it, I'm sure I'd end up in a very heated discussion with most. But, I just use this forum as a means to keep in touch with people have a common interest with and to sell parts. A word of advice is not to care about what anyone has to say unless you respect them. So basically, I don't care about what most people on here have to say. hehe.:poosie:

OH well, if you find yourself rolling past my place again and the garage is open, you should stop in and say hello. Hell, even if it's not open....if one of my cars is out front, just stop by to shoot the shit.

Originally posted by frostyda9
Bah...Quasar you shouldn't leave. Cynicism is just part
of an attitude, which forms opinions, which you are entitled to have.

Matt...what - the - fuck? I can't believe it has come to that
with your block. I would be livid.

Don't worry Dave, I'm plenty pissed. We're still working on a resolution, but I don't trust getting another build done. I'm being told it was because it overheated, but the only time that happened was after one of them looked in my rad, asked me if ran hot, then sent me home without topping it up. 5 min later, it overheated on deerfoot, I pulled over right away, then topped it up. I drove home on it like that parked it. I'm likely going to hit up Drew for that B18 because I sold my perfectly good one off, and put that in. So I've basically just spent 8g's for an engine that ran for a month, and wasn't any significant change from my B18A when it was operational. I've basically been told that they won't do anything except give me a 'deal' on labor. My only recourse is to sell the car and sell off parts like my head and whatnot. After that, I'll be close to breaking even on my loan. I wish I just boosted my stock motor.

legendboy
06-02-2005, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by freakin
Anyone interested in doing a B20 buildup? I'll sell you my block, complete with JE 11.5:1 pistons, Eagle rods and completely balanced bottom for a good deal. I've decided to go a different route this time. The sleeves are cracked you'll need to find a new block, but you could put this in with your B18A head and some crower 404's + a couple of little extras and hit around 200WHP.

Any idea how you cracked a sleeve?

I also have a spare perfectly good low k b20b block kicking around..........

freakin
06-02-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by legendboy

Any idea how you cracked a sleeve?

I also have a spare perfectly good low k b20b block kicking around..........

I was told it was because it overheated (it went in to red and I pulled over immediately). When it cooled it cracked between thinner area between the cylinders.

PM me with what you'd want for the B20 block. I think I'm going to build on a B18C block next time though.

Speed_Dreams
06-03-2005, 09:33 AM
So no motor for you? or whats going on? i need to get rid of that motor.

legendboy
06-03-2005, 09:35 AM

I was told it was because it overheated (it went in to red and I pulled over immediately). When it cooled it cracked between thinner area between the cylinders.

I think I'm going to build on a B18C block next time though.

hmm never heard of that before. Who assembled your motor? Machine work?

Stick with the 2.0L man :thumbsup:

freakin
06-03-2005, 11:48 AM
So no motor for you? or whats going on? i need to get rid of that motor.
I might still buy it....I'll talk to you this weekend. Hit me up on MSN tomorrow.

hmm never heard of that before. Who assembled your motor? Machine work?

Stick with the 2.0L man :thumbsup:

It was machined and the bottom end assembled by Okanagan Engine Builders in Kelowna.
It sounds fishy to me as well, but I don't know enough about Honda engines to make that call.

legendboy
06-03-2005, 01:10 PM
It was machined and the bottom end assembled by Okanagan Engine Builders in Kelowna.

This time i suggest: Precice engine for your machine work and yourself for assembley. I think anybody that pays some shop to assemble an engine is crazy.

I like all the guys at strd but this time around cut them out of the deal and do/oversee everything yourself. That is the only way you can be sure it will be done correctly. Hell i will even help you if you want.

freakin
06-03-2005, 03:34 PM
I would have to agree with you on that one. I reason I spent the money to get the build done was to ensure that everything would turn out and that I'd have some sort of recourse if anything happened. Looks like that was a big waste of money.

The ultimate irony: I went with an NA build for reliability. So much for that theory. I easily could've built a B20VTEC turbo setup for the money I spent. I thought I was going the safe route so that I could have a car that's still running strong 5 years down the road. Live and learn. :banghead:

Speed_Dreams
06-04-2005, 05:26 PM
well i finally desided to take some pics of my car again...its not clean at all but meh.

Speed_Dreams
06-04-2005, 05:26 PM
some more

Speed_Dreams
06-04-2005, 05:27 PM
and under the back if you look closly you can see where the fart car in cracking

Speed_Dreams
06-04-2005, 05:33 PM
inside

Speed_Dreams
06-04-2005, 05:34 PM
and again

freakin
06-04-2005, 06:07 PM
The new headlights are looking good Drew :thumbsup:

In Matt news (attention whore), I took some pics of my block today. You can really see the cracks in the corners of the sleeve. You can also see how rich I was running.

I'm likely buying Lengendboy's B20 block, and building on that one. Drew PM me with your cell no. and I'll call you tomorrow about your engine.

http://members.shaw.ca/matteakin/acura/B20/headless.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/matteakin/acura/B20/cracked%20sleeve%201.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/matteakin/acura/B20/cracked%20sleeve%202.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/matteakin/acura/B20/cracked%20sleeve%203.jpg

lam-boy
06-04-2005, 08:11 PM
dude that fuckign sucks fat horse..I'd honestly blow up my car if i dropped in 8k only to have that happen.
good luck Matt.

freakin
06-05-2005, 09:42 AM
Anyone want to get their throttle body bored out? I'm sending out my ITR one next week. If you want to save on shipping and send it with mine, let me know. $100 USD sounds like a pretty good deal to me:
http://www.maxbore.com/

Also, I finally got those G2IC stickers from Neil. I'm keeping the black one, but I have a silver and a grey one. I can't remember who wanted them, so speak up now and I'll hand them over next time I see you.

frostyda9
06-05-2005, 10:23 AM
I'd love to send my TB off to be bored out as well, but it's the only one I have :dunno: As an aside, will OBD-0 be able to compensate for the increased airflow after a reset or do you need to tune the ECU to take full advantage of a larger diameter inlet?

freakin
06-05-2005, 10:42 AM
Here's where to ask that:
http://honda-tech.com/zeropost?cmd=tshow&id=771875
But I can't see it hurting anything. If I pick up that motor from Drew, it'll have an obd-0 TB on it. Also, I have my obd-1 unit, but I'm not sure if it'll work for you. You're welcome to use either one.

On a side note, what the hell am I doing up this early on a Sunday??....my head hurts.

frostyda9
06-05-2005, 11:24 AM
Nothing wrong with getting up early man. Better than wasting the day sleeping :thumbsup: Too bad the waether sucks ass though. I thought today was supposed to be nice.

Sandino lets see some pics of the latest addition ;)

lam-boy
06-05-2005, 11:26 AM
ya its pouring.. I don't think I'm gonna come to the meet, I may end up getting sick haha. (No matter how warmly I dress) I am up early too..

Moonracer
06-05-2005, 11:50 AM
Sandino lets see some pics of the latest addition ;)

Ok :D It took dave and I quite some time to do cause we ran into some unexpected problems but we got them on. Ripped out a couple other things while we were at it.

http://www.supercars.net/servlets/PW/garagePics/Moonracer/207car8.jpg
http://www.supercars.net/servlets/PW/garagePics/Moonracer/207car7.jpg

jetfire
06-05-2005, 12:21 PM
Also, I finally got those G2IC stickers from Neil. I'm keeping the black one, but I have a silver and a grey one. I can't remember who wanted them, so speak up now and I'll hand them over next time I see you.

I'll take the grey one if it's not claimed.

Jason

lam-boy
06-05-2005, 12:22 PM
looks nice Sandino. Drew your car has nice lights too. I am definately the only one sporting USDM now. :D

Speed_Dreams
06-05-2005, 04:04 PM
Sweet lights sandino. i should be able to make it to the meet if the weather is shitty. but right now its looking not to bad so i might be playing hockey.

frozenrice
06-05-2005, 06:22 PM

Ok :D It took dave and I quite some time to do cause we ran into some unexpected problems but we got them on. Ripped out a couple other things while we were at it.

http://www.supercars.net/servlets/PW/garagePics/Moonracer/207car8.jpg
http://www.supercars.net/servlets/PW/garagePics/Moonracer/207car7.jpg

:thumbsup:

Moonracer
06-05-2005, 09:44 PM
After the meet and after coffee

http://www.supercars.net/servlets/PW/garagePics/Moonracer/248car0.jpg
http://www.supercars.net/servlets/PW/garagePics/Moonracer/248car1.jpg

frozenrice
06-05-2005, 10:11 PM
Aw shit! I knew I should have come out! Great shots! Nice to see Drew actually make it out on a Sunday.

PeDe
06-05-2005, 10:44 PM
Hey guys, still room for another! I think youll like what I did to my baby. I recently droped a Prelude H-22 engine in. I have no pics yet but I will have some with in a few days. Is there anyone else here that is in High school except me? :bigpimp:

Anyone know someone who can hook me up with some nice exterior parts ( body kit, rims Head, tail lights, ECT) cause its fast but I want it to look mean!
HAHA thanks guys :thumbsup:

Moonracer
06-05-2005, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by PeDe
Hey guys, still room for another! I think youll like what I did to my baby. I recently droped a Prelude H-22 engine in. I have no pics yet but I will have some with in a few days. Is there anyone else here that is in High school except me? :bigpimp:

Anyone know someone who can hook me up with some nice exterior parts ( body kit, rims Head, tail lights, ECT) cause its fast but I want it to look mean!
HAHA thanks guys :thumbsup:

You will probly be the youngest...lol But you are certainly welcome here. We look forward to seeing your ride.

danlowteg
06-06-2005, 12:48 AM
wish i knew about these meets :D

Moonracer
06-06-2005, 12:53 AM
Just stay tuned here for when we meet and we also go to the abtegs meets on sunday sometimes like tonight. They meet every sunday night at chinook 6pm. We meet whenever we put together a meet.

ispreadaids
06-06-2005, 12:55 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

freakin
06-06-2005, 12:31 PM
^^^ I'd be interested to see what that said.

Anyhow, for this throttle body service, I just got confirmation that it'll be an additional $15 on to the order for our Canadian shipping. If I can get one more on board here (I'll send my OBD-1 TB in exchange for yours), the total cost will be around $115 Canadian. If it's just Dave and I, the cost will be closer to $120-$125 Canadian.

Anyone else on board for this one? It's a pretty damn good deal.
Sandino, Steve you interested? Anyone else with an OBD-1 teg?

Let me know. I'm looking to get them sent out this week.

lam-boy
06-06-2005, 01:32 PM
^^^ I'd be interested to see what that said.

Anyhow, for this throttle body service, I just got confirmation that it'll be an additional $15 on to the order for our Canadian shipping. If I can get one more on board here (I'll send my OBD-1 TB in exchange for yours), the total cost will be around $115 Canadian. If it's just Dave and I, the cost will be closer to $120-$125 Canadian.

Anyone else on board for this one? It's a pretty damn good deal.
Sandino, Steve you interested? Anyone else with an OBD-1 teg?

Let me know. I'm looking to get them sent out this week.

It would be nice, But as of now I don't have any money. I need to go find a job..do you guys have any hook ups for me? :)

Speed_Dreams
06-06-2005, 02:05 PM

It would be nice, But as of now I don't have any money. I need to go find a job..do you guys have any hook ups for me? :)

i will give you $0.25 an hour to detail my car:thumbsup:

you know you wanna

freakin
06-06-2005, 02:06 PM
Want an IT job? I can get you an entry position at my work. It's a shipping/recieving job + a bit of desktop support. Interested?

lam-boy
06-06-2005, 02:07 PM
Want an IT job? I can get you an entry position at my work. It's a shipping/recieving job + a bit of desktop support. Interested?

oh hell ya, I don't have a truck though. PM me with more details and we can go from there. Thanks alot Matt.

edit:

haha drew, yeah..i'll do it for .25 cents..and a helping to any part on your car per a daily basis. :D

frostyda9
06-06-2005, 03:54 PM
Matt don't you think it would be best to bore the IM as well? Seems kind of pointless to do the TB and not at least taper the bore into the IM somewhat :confused:

I don't know if I can do it right now anyway, this is my ultimate month for bills :(

freakin
06-06-2005, 04:18 PM

oh hell ya, I don't have a truck though. PM me with more details and we can go from there. Thanks alot Matt.

edit:

haha drew, yeah..i'll do it for .25 cents..and a helping to any part on your car per a daily basis. :D

PM sent....just looked and realized that the posting closes tomorrow, so get me your resume asap!! email addy is in the message.

Matt don't you think it would be best to bore the IM as well? Seems kind of pointless to do the TB and not at least taper the bore into the IM somewhat :confused:

I don't know if I can do it right now anyway, this is my ultimate month for bills :(

I might wait on the TB as well. I can do it when I'm ready to tune if need be. I don't want to do it unless I can bundle them.
As far as the IM goes, I'm just going to do it myself. Just bolt it up, use a felt marker to indicate where to cut, then pull out the dremmel. I might even to my intake runners and port match them along with my head. Shit I should've done in the first place.

legendboy
06-07-2005, 08:33 AM
u g2 guys ever notice your windshield wipers are super loud? like when they hit the all the way up mark and then slam back down?

Moonracer
06-07-2005, 09:05 AM
u g2 guys ever notice your windshield wipers are super loud? like when they hit the all the way up mark and then slam back down?

Only when mine hit the bottom sometimes they are loud from wacking the bottom. Only now do we notice the wipers from all this fucking rain!!! Enough already :banghead:

frostyda9
06-07-2005, 10:29 AM

no :D

but here's a post from G2IC that sounds similar:

"had the exact same issue when i first bought my 93 gs, first I thought it was a bad park switch in the motor, so I got one from a salvage yard, put that one on and no luck same problem, so what I did was take a better look at the system in operation while the cowl was off and I found that the junction of metal linkages that drives the wiper pivot points have joints at their ends. These joints are basically a ball joint made of plastic. When the plastic wears out it causes the joints to be wobbly and the wiper arms go a lot farther out of their original range. I dont know how much one of those bars goes for, or if you can just get the plastic ball joint, however the way it looked, you probably have to buy the whole thing. I got lucky and found one off the same car in the salvage yard that had the motor. After putting the new linkage on I have had no problems ever since."

Speed_Dreams
06-07-2005, 01:13 PM

edit:

you can have all the parts you can take. if you can get them off :thumbsup:

kidding but i do need my car detailed

Genjuro
06-07-2005, 04:30 PM
hey do you guys know when you think your gonna meet up again?
i'm needing some influence cause sadly im thinking about selling my teg if not if i dont get some.

Moonracer
06-07-2005, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Genjuro
hey do you guys know when you think your gonna meet up again?
i'm needing some influence cause sadly im thinking about selling my teg if not if i dont get some.

I was actually thinking to put a meet together real soon. But you need a quick fix....lol come out to the abtegs meet on sunday, there's usually several g2s there. It's every sunday at 6pm chinook upper level west side. :D

lam-boy
06-07-2005, 08:08 PM

you can have all the parts you can take. if you can get them off :thumbsup:

kidding but i do need my car detailed

haha get them off, how hard would it be to jack my car up take off the steelies then jck your car up and swap the rims? Hhehe

Speed_Dreams
06-08-2005, 12:29 AM

haha get them off, how hard would it be to jack my car up take off the steelies then jck your car up and swap the rims? Hhehe

you wanna swap steelies? :thumbsup: fine with me you can take the bald aquatread tires that are mounted on mine and swap my some of yours

Genjuro
06-08-2005, 10:04 AM

I was actually thinking to put a meet together real soon. But you need a quick fix....lol come out to the abtegs meet on sunday, there's usually several g2s there. It's every sunday at 6pm chinook upper level west side. :D

lol aight thanks.

freakin
06-08-2005, 01:27 PM
Hey is anyone looking to build an LS/VTEC? I think I've decided on my build. I just got a smoking deal on a B18C5, so I'm going to have some spare parts lying around that would be perfect for anyone looking to make some power.

Here's what has to go:
-B16A head -> rebuilt 4,000KM ago, new guides, seals and valve job, comes with LS/VTEC conversion done (oil passage is blocked on the head + extra oil line added)
-Type R valve springs and retainers
-CTR cams -> 20-30K on them....best OEM honda cam out there
-Type R intake (Skunk 2 intakes are basically an exact copy of this)
-Crower h-beam rods 4,000KM, garanteed straight by a machine shop, will fit B18A/B or B20, comes with ARP bolts
-MSD 510CC injectors
-Brand new Type R valve cover
-YS1 (LS) transmission
-B18A throttle body (can get this ported to type R specs if you want)

I also have a ton of other little misc. parts lying around that I can part with.

If you need a block to build on, Drew has one. Also, hit Dieter up at Custom Auto for pistons. You can get a set of OEM pistons to up the compression for $300ish.

lam-boy
06-08-2005, 01:49 PM

you wanna swap steelies? :thumbsup: fine with me you can take the bald aquatread tires that are mounted on mine and swap my some of yours

haha ill take them rotas.

Genjuro
06-08-2005, 04:45 PM
how much of a deal did you get on the b18c5 if you dont mind me asking?

freakin
06-09-2005, 12:23 AM
I can't really divulge that info.....I'm sure it wouldn't be appreciated by the seller. It's more of a favor to me and the fact that he's sympathetic to the situation I'm in than anything else.

Speed_Dreams
06-09-2005, 03:22 PM
hey matt is that b16 head complete? or are the cams seperate? how much would you want for the complete head?

freakin
06-09-2005, 03:46 PM
Drew, give me a call tonight if you can, or hit me up on MSN. That price I listed does not have cams in it, but has everyting else. It's a head, with valves, lifters, retainers, valvecover, VTEC solenoid, etc.

We can talk price if you're interested.

legendboy
06-09-2005, 03:52 PM
Matt, your cams are pretty special, I'd buy em if I could afford em!

dirty_magic
06-09-2005, 07:28 PM
drew, i have b16 cams if you end up getting the head.

rc2002
06-10-2005, 09:25 PM
Hey guys, I have a 2nd gen teg rad. I need a low profile fan now. I was wondering if anyone knew the dimensions of the stock rad fan.

http://www.flex-a-lite.com/auto/html/acura-integra.html

This is for a 3rd gen. Would this work?

Thanks for any help you can give me! :)

Speed_Dreams
06-11-2005, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
Hey guys, I have a 2nd gen teg rad. I need a low profile fan now. I was wondering if anyone knew the dimensions of the stock rad fan.

link dosen't work so i went out and i messured the fan in my car. its about 13" across and 13" down and roughly 4" thick. wh mounting holes are about 2" in from each side. I hope that helps

Moonracer
06-11-2005, 11:04 AM
Link works for me

frostyda9
06-11-2005, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

edit: Drew you must have just measured one fan. What are the dimensions on the whole fan housing unit?

Speed_Dreams
06-11-2005, 01:16 PM
there is on ly one fan on my car. no A/C. the fan itself i think is a 10" fan or close to it. but those measurments were of the fan housing.

rc2002
06-11-2005, 01:28 PM
Hey Drew, I really appreciate the help! I don't have A/C either so that actually helps out a lot. :)

frostyda9
06-11-2005, 01:44 PM
there is on ly one fan on my car. no A/C.

:thumbsup: Not a day goes by that I don't learn soemthing new.
I just assumed all G2's had a dual fan setup.

danlowteg
06-12-2005, 12:48 AM
k boys im wondering if you can help me out? my wipers do not work at all, won't even spray. checked all the fuses and they are fine so im thinking it could be my icu. that and my brake lights dont work so i think its the brake switch. one more thing anyone have any icu's they wanna sell?? thx a bunch :burnout: roll on out

91VTEG
06-12-2005, 01:00 PM
ok heres a pic of my car from the show, i got the new drift bumper installed 2 weeks ago,

anyways i didnt bring my cam but got this pic from the other thread, thanks for the pic moonracer

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/marcomolinari/atSCN.jpg

Moonracer
06-12-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by 91VTEG
ok heres a pic of my car from the show, i got the new drift bumper installed 2 weeks ago,

anyways i didnt bring my cam but got this pic from the other thread, thanks for the pic moonracer

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/marcomolinari/atSCN.jpg

I said hi to the other dude in the g2 but we couln't find you...lol Nice to finally see your car in person. :thumbsup:

Moonracer
06-12-2005, 03:25 PM
Here are the other two in the show

http://www.pbase.com/image/44675083/original.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/image/44675295/original.jpg

Speed_Dreams
06-12-2005, 03:39 PM
jaylos teg looked wicked...i coudln't get a good picture because of a group of kids call horsing around near his car plus the light was to bright to get a good look at the front

91VTEG
06-12-2005, 05:35 PM
I said hi to the other dude in the g2 but we couln't find you...lol Nice to finally see your car in person.

yeah i was at the import adrenelin booth playing poker most of the night lol