PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2nd Gen Integra Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

QuasarCav
06-28-2005, 12:32 PM
Exactly, buy my green car and I can pick up a G2 GSR.

Moonracer
06-28-2005, 12:55 PM
Ooooooh...lol well that would be cool.

freakin
06-28-2005, 02:11 PM
WTF.....it has 200,000KM and it has a rebuilt motor??? Elderly couple, my ass!!

Also, that's a pretty steep price for a GSR. I'd hold out for another one. Maybe you'll find one in aztec green. ;) :barf:

What about this one:
http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=11623782&pgno=1
It has v-teck and $300 worth of wire!! :rofl:

EDIT:
Found some, but one is green, hehe:
http://g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123900&highlight=gsr
http://g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124099&highlight=gsr
http://g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123334&highlight=gsr

zuhalter
06-28-2005, 03:22 PM
http://img296.echo.cx/img296/9152/4015863full3tt.jpg

Hey guys, I'm looking for some ideas on how to fix this up. Is there a type of paint that would work? And what can I do about the holes? I've circled in red what I am talking about. Basically the 2 black parts, the upper one has holes from the plate mount (that is not my car). I know I can buy a new lip for the bottom one, but is there any other (cheaper) options that you guys can think of? Both of these parts are bringing down the overall appeal of the front end because they are looking kinda trashy. Just generally scratched up and worn. Thanks for any feedback.

Freakin: I'll try to take pictures of the rims tonight. I'm really happy with em, thanks man.

freakin
06-28-2005, 03:47 PM
You could just paint those pieces. Just need a paint with a flex agent in it.....basically bumper paint. The lip comes off, so that's easy to paint. I'd take the bumper cover off and remove the metal bracket off of the rebar so that it doesn't stick through the cover, then get some caps for the holes (OEM Acura part). Quasar has them in his bumper....looks slick. Then just mask off the rest of the bumper and paint that black part. The other option is to repaint the entire bumper so that it matches.

frozenrice
06-28-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by zuhalter
http://img296.echo.cx/img296/9152/4015863full3tt.jpg

Hey guys, I'm looking for some ideas on how to fix this up. Is there a type of paint that would work? And what can I do about the holes? I've circled in red what I am talking about. Basically the 2 black parts, the upper one has holes from the plate mount (that is not my car). I know I can buy a new lip for the bottom one, but is there any other (cheaper) options that you guys can think of? Both of these parts are bringing down the overall appeal of the front end because they are looking kinda trashy. Just generally scratched up and worn. Thanks for any feedback.

I spray bombed my bumper and am quite satisfied with how it turned out for a home job. I got all my paint supplies at Sam's Autobody Supplies. One tip is if you're going to paint-out the stripe, do the whole entire bumper so you don't get that masking line when you remove the tape. Instead of painting the whole rear bumper like I did the front, I maksed it off and I'm not too happy with how it turned out. Here's the front.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/8861a6a1.jpg

jaylo
06-28-2005, 07:27 PM
Went to take my car in for wheel alignment and they scratched all my wheels, fucken assholes!

frostyda9
06-28-2005, 07:51 PM
Ouch. Who did the alignment?

rey_mysterio
06-28-2005, 09:13 PM
can i come?

jaylo
06-28-2005, 09:20 PM
T&T Honda, I thought I could trust them since I was paying 90 bucks for it....

frostyda9
06-28-2005, 09:35 PM
Who was the guy that came to the AB meet on Sunday with the nice female and works at BB... who was trying to pretend like he didn't see me when I was there today? :rofl: I am losing track of who everyone is with this thread.

frostyda9
06-28-2005, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by jaylo
T&T Honda, I thought I could trust them since I was paying 90 bucks for it....

If you want it done right...well you know you have to do it yourself these days. A certain local tuner shop chipped one of my wheels when they put them back on after my coilover install :whipped:

jaylo
06-28-2005, 09:55 PM
It's bullshit man, I just got the wheels just for the show (SCN) and now it looks like shit.

Fuck.

9oInTeGrA
06-28-2005, 10:17 PM
ouch sorry to hear that dude!!!! they need to fix that :guns:

jaylo
06-28-2005, 10:48 PM
Yea they better fix it, or even replace it. I ain't gonna take this shit. So mad right now.

Imagine yourself getting new set of wheels like Volk Racing and getting scratched from wheel alignment.

jaylo
06-28-2005, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by frostyda9

If you want it done right...well you know you have to do it yourself these days. A certain local tuner shop chipped one of my wheels when they put them back on after my coilover install :whipped:

I would have done it myself but I don't have the proper tools for a wheel alignment.

QuasarCav
06-29-2005, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by freakin
WTF.....it has 200,000KM and it has a rebuilt motor??? Elderly couple, my ass!!

Also, that's a pretty steep price for a GSR. I'd hold out for another one. Maybe you'll find one in aztec green. ;) :barf:

What about this one:
http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=11623782&pgno=1
It has v-teck and $300 worth of wire!! :rofl:

EDIT:
Found some, but one is green, hehe:
http://g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123900&highlight=gsr
http://g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124099&highlight=gsr
http://g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123334&highlight=gsr

Aztec green is my new god. :barf:

Zhuhalter:

I painted my front lip and grill body color with some color-matched paint from a bodyshop supply place. As always sand it until you cand feel your hands and it will look good. My front bumper has those holes covered up but alot of G2's seem to be missing those pieces.

I will however sell them for 800 dollars each, it's JDM style you know.

:hitit:

Moonracer
06-29-2005, 12:32 PM
Went to take my car in for wheel alignment and they scratched all my wheels, fucken assholes!

Shitty man I'd be pretty pissed too. I hope they do something for you and I'll be sure not to get mine done there. Gotta get mine alligned pretty quick too.

zuhalter
06-29-2005, 12:58 PM
If you will part with them, dibs! lol anyways thanks guys for all the info, I think I may have trouble finding a color match for the option of painting it out. I tried getting a color match from NAPA to fix a scratch on the hood that was down to the metal, but it turned out to be a very dark navy blue, which isn't even close. This is my car:

http://img296.echo.cx/img296/5863/69315813full6wt.jpg

Unless you guys know of a place that may be able to give me a closer match, I will probably do as freaken suggested and paint it black. I think I might prefer to keep these areas black anyways, along with the moldings.

Ah, upon further review (photoshop), I'm not so sure I would keep the moldings and black parts black if I could paint all of them body color... looks cleaner.

QuasarCav
06-29-2005, 01:12 PM
My color is not easily found and they made a near perfect match.

I've got to get some pictures up here but you can't really tell the difference between the lip and the bumper.

I went to a place on 39th avenue near the Coke plant. $20 a can and it did my lip, grill and mud guards. Take the front bumper off (really easy) and mask the other parts down, buy some 600 grit, 1000, 1500 and 2000.

If you want to wait I'll be painting my moulding in a couple of weeks and we could share on supplies.

freakin
06-29-2005, 01:39 PM
If you're still the stock color, there should be a tag inside the driver's side door jam with the paint code on it. They should be able to reproduce it from that. Most autobody paint places would be able to do that.

zuhalter
06-29-2005, 01:52 PM
The code is what I gave them when I went in. He said it might be a bit off because it had a metalic touch to it, but I think they messed it up.

Quasar: I can wait, let me know when you are gonna do it.

Moonracer
06-29-2005, 07:34 PM
K guys it looks like august 14th is a better day cause more can make it that day??? Speak now or forever hold your peace. I will make a thread before I go camping this weekend. Ya no internet for 3 days....lol :eek:

lam-boy
06-29-2005, 07:39 PM
k, about the paint, I will postup the name and number of the place I get my paint at, he matches it color by color, even tested it before he approved of it and gave it to me..
and I'm pretty good on the 14th assuming.. my sister doesn't do anything for her birthday on sunday..(hers is on the 15th as is my best friends..so I'm good until then..unless they have a birthday - that I cannot miss. I will mostlikely be in.)

Moonracer
06-29-2005, 07:58 PM
the list so far is in my first post :D

frozenrice
06-29-2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by rey_mysterio
can i come?

The cruise? Of course you can. Keep checking in for details.

Moonracer
06-29-2005, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice

The cruise? Of course you can. Keep checking in for details.

Yes everyone with a G2 is invited. Stock or otherwise. :burnout:

frozenrice
06-29-2005, 08:49 PM
Unless you guys know of a place that may be able to give me a closer match, I will probably do as freaken suggested and paint it black. I think I might prefer to keep these areas black anyways, along with the moldings.

Ah, upon further review (photoshop), I'm not so sure I would keep the moldings and black parts black if I could paint all of them body color... looks cleaner. [/B]

Hehe, better yet, paint the car black to match the mouldings.

91VTEG
06-29-2005, 10:23 PM
yeah 14th is good, as long as you keep the day a sunday i should be able to make it, providing i havent sold my car lol

Speed_Dreams
06-29-2005, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Moonracer

Yes everyone with a G2 is invited. Stock or otherwise. :burnout:

what about me?;) came i come for a cruise on the 14th? acctually shit...even if i still have the teg i will be in Sask for my cousins wedding...yippee 12hr drive over shit ass roads in the dark

Genjuro
06-30-2005, 12:34 AM
hey. i think im up for it.

Moonracer
06-30-2005, 01:27 AM
:thumbsup: added!

Moonracer
06-30-2005, 01:21 PM
Ok thread is made for the cruise. Clicky here (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92939) Post there if you are going just to confirm and comment.

frozenrice
06-30-2005, 10:11 PM
Anybody know if the floor mats are the same for the 2 door and 4 doors? Anybody got the OEM set to test fit in my 4 door? I'm thinking of getting a new set, but most sites that I've looked at don't differentiate between the two so I am assuming they're mainly for a 2 door.

freakin
06-30-2005, 10:23 PM
Mike, what color do you need? I can keep an eye out for you. The fronts should be the same, but the rears are likely different.

rey_mysterio
06-30-2005, 10:34 PM
hey boyz . . .im pretty new to this site and i dont know that many people that drive g2,s. . .so i want to meet some new people and show off my new paint job that i got in may.. . . i only know freakin cause he sold me his spoiler and he told me a little about these cruises that happens around this time of year. . .so just keep me posted with dates and all da info .. . oh yeah i drive a black 91 integra 2dr. and i dont have two way radios??
Ciao

MaximumSpeed
06-30-2005, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
Anybody know if the floor mats are the same for the 2 door and 4 doors? Anybody got the OEM set to test fit in my 4 door? I'm thinking of getting a new set, but most sites that I've looked at don't differentiate between the two so I am assuming they're mainly for a 2 door.

I think the floor mat sets are different. I need to replace mine and was looking at a nice used set at a junkyard one time and it looked a bit different. Although you can probably get away with it, it should sit nicely, it's not too far off in shape and size.

Genjuro
06-30-2005, 10:44 PM
im so torn my brain hurts...

i know this shouldnt really matter to you guys cause its my money, but i need advice...

i love my teg a lot k.. but im thinking of selling it for a newer or new car..
either i do the swap (b16a2) and fix up the rest of the car or save up and spend money on suping up a newer one (more cost and insurance is higher of course)
thing is... my car is old and some tell me to just ride it out and buy a newer one... but i like it!

first thing... how much could i get for it now? (253XXX kms on it, excellent condition but some rust, half a catback, cold air, rims, wired up for audio)

the swap would cost about 2 grand including labour..

new car would boost my insurance up a grand at Least. (then i'd have to pay it off, AND boost it of course)

blah...

new=.. newer car!
g2 = lots of potential

??

rey_mysterio
06-30-2005, 10:57 PM
i feel you genjuro iam in like the same situation with my car .. . the only differnce about our situation is that i just painted my car. .unfortunatley i am not the one to hand you out advice . .so i will leave that in the hands of the amateur tegers. . i

cant spell no more. . .

frozenrice
06-30-2005, 11:26 PM
Freakin, thanks. I'm looking for either black, or dark charcoal grey. It's mainly the fronts that I'm concerned with for now, but if I can get a whole set I'd be happy. I emailed tom to see if the mats are still in his parts car, but not likely he'll have them.

Genjuro- it's a tough call. If your current car is paid off, go to town with it. My rationale for keeping my 15 year old car is that it's been paid off, so any money that I would have put towards car payments can pay for other stuff, like wheels, mortage, suspension, engine swaps, paint jobs instead of depreication. It hasn't nickeled and dimed me in terms of repairs and it's still running good so I figure there's no point trading it. The only downside to keeping it is that eventually parts, OEM or aftermarket, will be eventually harder to find (i.e. floor mats). Anyways, this is just my opinion. Your decision has to be made for yourself and for your own reasons.

Moonracer
07-01-2005, 03:49 AM
hey boyz . . .im pretty new to this site and i dont know that many people that drive g2,s. . .so i want to meet some new people and show off my new paint job that i got in may.. . . i only know freakin cause he sold me his spoiler and he told me a little about these cruises that happens around this time of year. . .so just keep me posted with dates and all da info .. . oh yeah i drive a black 91 integra 2dr. and i dont have two way radios??
Ciao

Are you coming to the cruise? If so you don't have to have a two way radio it's just for fun really so you can chat on the way.

gen2teggy
07-01-2005, 10:03 AM
Genjuro

when i got my car...it was a POS and still is hahah but i love her to death...spent money n time in her.
i think i came close to selling her a few times. (thx god i didnt) wit all the problems i had. but i just ketped working on her. Now im half done her
she had bad bodydamge, head gasket blown, 2 alternators, dizzy, hit n run times 3...now shes gone a long wayy.

but i dunno...its up too you

rey_mysterio
07-01-2005, 10:14 AM
yeah i'll check my dates but im pretty sure ill show up. .. . .

frozenrice
07-01-2005, 10:23 AM
You have to come for sure. The more G2s the better! Like Moonracer said stock or otherwise, as long as it's a G2. Even G2 4 doors are invited.

Any pictures of your car BTW?

Moonracer, for a feeler, you should see if you can post up the vids that you did.

Genjuro
07-01-2005, 10:37 AM
thanks. anymore opinions? lol
well i'll show you guys my ride sometime to see what you think.

one thing thats differnet is that i dont know much about fixing stuff up on my car.. i am a bit noob to it (its my first car, even tho i have learnt a lot since i first got it)
also i really dont have any time cause of work and paying off my house.. so its hard to think of stuff to do to the teg when i dont really know whats going on..

maybe thats another reason why im thinking of getting rid of it.. less to worry about? but thats stupid cause even on my new ride i'll be tuning it up no doubt..:dunno: :dunno:

Genjuro
07-01-2005, 10:39 AM
im just rambling i guess

freakin
07-01-2005, 10:54 AM
Genjuro:
Do you have full coverage on your teg? You might want to consider going down to a basic PL/PD. If you do, the type of car you have won't affect your rate, it's strictly on your record. Also, I'd decide what car you like better. I know I have a 13 year old car, but I love it. I see every Honda chasis as a shell for whatever motor I want to run in it......so just choose the one you like the most. I personally love my sedan. Like Mike said, it's paid off, so it's not costing me anything. The motor loan is a different story, but we don't need to get in to that, hehe.

Jorge, Glad to see you got your teg all painted up....looks like the wing worked out well.

Genjuro
07-01-2005, 12:24 PM
yeah the car is totally mine. whats pl/pd? lol
if its a loan then its fine, i have enough money to do a swap already.

freakin
07-01-2005, 01:20 PM
PL/PD (public liability/public damage) is basic insurance. It means that you're covered for damage that you create for other people....but not yourself. So if you get in to an accident that you caused, the other parties are covered, but not you. If someone else is at fault, then their insurance covers it anyhow. It's a bit risky, but consider what the insurance company is going to value your car....I bet they'd give you $3,000 or so tops. In order to afford your full coverage I bet you have a hefty deductable as well. This makes it less likely that you'll even make a claim, so you'll likely be paying out of your own pocket for a small ding. Might as well save yourself the money and have it go in to your car instead of their pockets.

Also, I really, really dont' think a B16 swap is worth if for an Integra. You'll lose out on torque in exchange for a little more HP. The small difference isn't worth the price. I would do an LS/VTEC or a B18C1 if you're going to be dropping money in there. Either that, or get a decent B18A/B or B20B and slap a turbo on it. It's stock compression ratio is pretty much perfect for a turbo app.

rey_mysterio
07-01-2005, 05:14 PM
yeah im pretty happy with the spoiler that matt sold to me.. .it looks great with the new paint:thumbsup:

matt do you drive your car all year round??

frozenrice
07-01-2005, 05:38 PM
hey rey, do you drive a sedan? I'm just wondering cause you bought Matt's spoiler.

rey_mysterio
07-01-2005, 05:46 PM
no its a 2dr. . . .it looks like any other oem spoiler

Genjuro
07-02-2005, 12:10 PM
freakin:
oh.. hmm i THINK i have everything for insurance but collision..?

for the swap, JDM said that i could get the b16a2 engine for 1700 bucks. how does that price compare to the ones you suggested? (isnt that b16a2 a integra XSi basicly?)

frostyda9
07-02-2005, 12:39 PM
Since Sandino is away, I'm just going to remind everyone that the teg meeting is at Chinook TONIGHT (Saturday) at 6PM, upper level, not tomorrow as it usually is.

frozenrice
07-02-2005, 12:48 PM
Good idea Dave. I just looked towards the west and the sky's REALLY dark. Looks like we might be meeting in the downstairs parkade. I just clay barred the car too damit!

freakin
07-02-2005, 03:57 PM
yeah im pretty happy with the spoiler that matt sold to me.. .it looks great with the new paint:thumbsup:

matt do you drive your car all year round??

Yep, pretty much solved the debate of whether a 4 door spoiler will fit a 2 door. The people on G2IC are a little nuts sometimes. A couple extra holes was all it needed. As far as year round, well this winter was the first I didn't....but that was mostly due to a blown motor. I have the volvo now, so that's going to be my winter car from now on.

As far as the XSi thing goes, yep, that's what they are...the B16 is feasable to put it in there....I'm just not convinced it's worth it. I'd rather just turbo a B18A or put some P30 pistons in your B18A and get some crower 404s

I'll try to make it to the meet tonight....but I might be stuck watching my dog....don't ask. :banghead:

freakin
07-02-2005, 07:32 PM
I didn't make it out...but I did manage to get my motor torn down. It's messy, take a look if you like:
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=93105

jaylo
07-02-2005, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Genjuro
freakin:
oh.. hmm i THINK i have everything for insurance but collision..?

for the swap, JDM said that i could get the b16a2 engine for 1700 bucks. how does that price compare to the ones you suggested? (isnt that b16a2 a integra XSi basicly?)

If you go w/ B16A2 (2nd generation B16A), you are gonna have to find a cable tranny or buy a conversion kit for the hydro tranny that comes w/ the b16a2

It's easier to go w/ the B16A1 (1st generation B16A) w/c did come in the XSi's and RSi's and you don't have to mess around w/ the tranny.

But don't be expecting mad power w/ just bolt-ons like intake, headers, and cat-back exhaust on the B16A. A stock B18A1 w/ bolt-ons plus maybe Crane Cams would beat a B16A1 DA9 any day.

frozenrice
07-02-2005, 11:59 PM
A stock B18A1 w/ bolt-ons plus maybe Crane Cams would beat a B16A1 DA9 any day.

Do you know if this would apply to a B18b as well? I might be picking one up if I'm not too slow. I've never really looked at the differences between an A and B, so I'm not sure if I should get it cause I don't know what aftermarket options are more readily available.

freakin
07-03-2005, 03:15 AM
B18A and B18B are essentially identical. The tranny on a B will be hydro, but internally, the engines are the same. The cam might be a slightly different grind (not sure though), but any part that will fit one, will fit the other. Same crank, rods, pistons and head. The little differences will be stuff like the valve cover and the fact that the A will be OBD0 or OBD1 and the B will be OBD1 or OBD2.

frozenrice
07-03-2005, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the tips. Due to my slow ass/can't decide quick enough nature, the motors gone. Damn!

jaylo
07-03-2005, 10:30 AM
I have also heard that the B18B1 has a better flowing intake manifold and head thus the 10HP gain compared to the B18A1

freakin
07-03-2005, 10:33 AM
Talk to Drew....he had one in that price range, possibly cheaper. You'd have to rebuild his though but it came with a cable tranny and was OBD0 so it would just drop in. I'd recommend getting that one, building it, socketing your ECU and running a stock looking motor.

PS, anyone want some hella strong rods for a B18A/B or B20? Crower H-beams!! :drool:
http://members.shaw.ca/matteakin/acura/B20/teardown/pistonsnrods.JPG

frozenrice
07-03-2005, 10:35 AM
I thought Drew's was a 18a. I was looking at a 18b cause chances are it'll be newer and have lower kms on it. (no offense to ya Drew).

freakin
07-03-2005, 10:39 AM
true, I was thinking if you're going to rebuild one, then go with the older one. But if you're looking for minimal work, then a 100,000KM unit would be ideal. PS who runs stock intakes, hehe. :poosie:

If one of you guys are going to build a B18A/B/B20, then you should buy this:
http://g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120312
That's a pretty smoking deal. I have one on my B16 head.

Genjuro
07-03-2005, 10:59 AM
oh.. didnt think about that...
k well since my engine is so old (253XXXkms) and its a b18a should i just rebuild it? and how much would that cost?

Moonracer
07-03-2005, 10:59 AM
Ok I'm back from camping :nut: Everyone post in the cruise thread even if your name is on the list already please. Looks better that way and post comments about it there too. Again here is the link.

Click, signup and post here (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=1105209#post1105209)

frozenrice
07-03-2005, 12:24 PM
true, I was thinking if you're going to rebuild one, then go with the older one. But if you're looking for minimal work, then a 100,000KM unit would be ideal.

I'd end up building-up the 18b anyways, it's just nice to know that there's less wear and tear on a newer engine, which in theory, should last longer. I'll probably take my time building it up. I liked some of your suggestions too like better cams etc. I just have to find a 18b now............

Speed_Dreams
07-03-2005, 10:40 PM
I still have that motor and trans if anyone wants it.

Moonracer
07-03-2005, 11:48 PM
Just can't get away from the G2's. Look what showed up at the campground a couple hours after us...:hitit:

http://www.supercars.net/pitlane/pics/1305009d.jpg

Speed_Dreams
07-04-2005, 07:41 AM
WHen i was in BC we stopped at safeway to get some shit and when we came out there was a little G2 teg meet going on. it was sweet. BC tegs look NICE!

frozenrice
07-04-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Speed_Dreams
I still have that motor and trans if anyone wants it.

How much you want it for again? Details (again)? My other plan for the 18b didn't pan out.

freakin
07-04-2005, 04:33 PM
Mike, hit me up if you need rods...or anything else. I have a good oil pump and water pump out of my B20, same goes for the crank. All rotating parts were balanced.

freakin
07-05-2005, 12:16 AM
I just picked up my new surprise today :poosie: :poosie:

Looks like I'll be rolling in my teg for the cruise. Just need to sell off my parts to avoid bankruptcy....spread the work if you know of anyone needing engine parts!!

frozenrice
07-05-2005, 07:34 AM
Hey Matt, do you have a price list of what you got for sale?

freakin
07-05-2005, 12:29 PM
Here's the list:
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=90393

I'll get pics this week, and I've got a black dash as well.

zuhalter
07-07-2005, 05:34 PM
Anyone know where I could buy some tinting paint to tint my tails? They used to have VHT Night Shades at Mopac, but the last few times I stopped by they were out, called them today they said they havn't had any for 4 months and won't for a while. Tnx.

frozenrice
07-07-2005, 06:07 PM
Don't they sell that stuff at Auto Value along with the spray paints? I thought I've seen it there "smoke"-something....

freakin
07-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Talk to QuasarCav, he just did his tails recently.

Is anyone still looking for a good B18A to build off of? I know of a decent one for a reasonable price...likely in the $400 range, $600 w/tranny. 180K and has a centerforce clutch. It's in a friend's parts car, 92 GS sedan with lots of good parts left (brakes, doors, glass, backend, etc. So let me know if you need anything else. He needs to get rid of it before the end of the month.

danlowteg
07-07-2005, 09:31 PM
if only i had 600 to add to my 100 to buy that b16 head. unless you wanna sell it for 100 and a big Tetly Tea Guy freakin ;)

danlowteg
07-07-2005, 09:37 PM
This would be the Tetly Tea Guy you know you wanna trade your b16 head for him ay ay :D

freakin
07-07-2005, 10:02 PM
Damn that's tempting....I've always wanted one of those.

Where the hell would you even get something like that?!?! :rofl:

danlowteg
07-07-2005, 10:14 PM
Custom from Japan. Pure jdm worth like 20 g's good trade :thumbsup:

frozenrice
07-07-2005, 10:50 PM
Talk to QuasarCav, he just did his tails recently.

Is anyone still looking for a good B18A to build off of? I know of a decent one for a reasonable price...likely in the $400 range, $600 w/tranny. 180K and has a centerforce clutch. It's in a friend's parts car, 92 GS sedan with lots of good parts left (brakes, doors, glass, backend, etc. So let me know if you need anything else. He needs to get rid of it before the end of the month.

Is this Tom's car? I'm thinking about the motor as well as Drew's. Drew's is cheaper but I think Tom's is more complete.

gen2teggy
07-08-2005, 01:13 AM
i need a oil pump

MaximumSpeed
07-08-2005, 02:15 AM
I think my A/C fan motor is shot, I still have to make sure though, any parts car have the A/C fan motor?

Also a question for those with A/C, do both the fans go on when the engine is hot? I'm trying to solve my overheating problem and I think it may be my A/C fan motor. I vaguely remember both fans should go on when the engine is hot. I've checked recently (after my trip back from Calgary) and noticed my A/C fan wasn't running, but the other fan was.

Any ideas? BTW, I just replaced my thermostat while I was in Calgary, before I left for Vancouver. My car was still overheating in Kamploops!

freakin
07-08-2005, 07:03 AM
Dan, SOLD!!! You take Monopoly money, right?

Mike, yep it's Tom's car, more expensive than Drew's, but lower milage...so you know how to get a hold of him.

Gen2, I have an ITR oil pump if you need one. I just haven't pulled it yet. Tom definately won't pull that off the motor, needs to sell it complete.

Max, I'm sure we could pull the AC system off if you're interested. As far as fans go....I haven't driven my car since December, so I don't remember. But if you're on the highway, the fans are irrelvant. They're only used when the car isn't getting enough airflow through it. Sounds like you need to flush your cooling system or may have a more serious problem. Any leaks? Is the fluid topped up?

Moonracer
07-08-2005, 10:30 AM
-wheel alignment....best $100 I've spent on my car. Goes straight now :clap:

Is anyone else coming out to secret street tonight? I wanna see some G2s racing out there besides mine damit. :poosie:

freakin
07-08-2005, 10:43 AM
I'm going to try and make it out but I'll be rocking the swedish muscle if I do.

Moonracer
07-08-2005, 10:50 AM
haha cool I wanna see this thing.

frozenrice
07-08-2005, 10:56 AM
-wheel alignment....best $100 I've spent on my car. Goes straight now :clap:

Is anyone else coming out to secret street tonight? I wanna see some G2s racing out there besides mine damit. :poosie:

I might come out as a spectator. Friend of mine is in from Vancouver so I'll see if he's interested in going.

Moonracer
07-08-2005, 11:25 AM
:thumbsup:

Speed_Dreams
07-08-2005, 02:12 PM
I *suprise suprise* won't be going

but on another note you guys will be happy to hear that i finnally got new exhaust :bigpimp:

b16Ateg
07-08-2005, 02:12 PM
:eek: wow i'm back for a bit..lol i might come to the races just to watch tonight but i'm not to sures.. sandino give me a call when you head down there cos i'm by your place now.. i live in prestwick... so give me a call 697-8244

Moonracer
07-08-2005, 06:25 PM
I *suprise suprise* won't be going

but on another note you guys will be happy to hear that i finnally got new exhaust :bigpimp:

Cool what did you get? I thought you were selling your car? :dunno:

Originally posted by b16Ateg
:eek: wow i'm back for a bit..lol i might come to the races just to watch tonight but i'm not to sures.. sandino give me a call when you head down there cos i'm by your place now.. i live in prestwick... so give me a call 697-8244

Done and done, see ya there :D

danlowteg
07-09-2005, 12:05 AM
Freakin: i do take Monopoly money and any major b16 heads you got

Everyother person: im excited for the g2 meet :thumbsup: tetly tea guy is coming

MaximumSpeed
07-09-2005, 12:10 AM

Max, I'm sure we could pull the AC system off if you're interested. As far as fans go....I haven't driven my car since December, so I don't remember. But if you're on the highway, the fans are irrelvant. They're only used when the car isn't getting enough airflow through it. Sounds like you need to flush your cooling system or may have a more serious problem. Any leaks? Is the fluid topped up?

I'm keeping the A/C system. I have flushed my coolant a few times now and it is topped up. I don't see any leaks, no white smoke from my exhaust that I know of.

freakin
07-09-2005, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by MaximumSpeed

I'm keeping the A/C system. I have flushed my coolant a few times now and it is topped up. I don't see any leaks, no white smoke from my exhaust that I know of.

Oh sorry, I was under the impression that you didn't have A/C. I thought at one point you were trying to buy mine off of me. I was offering you Tom's A/C system off of his parts car.

As far as the cooling thing goes...hmmmm, have you checked stuff like your rad cap? Does it hold pressure? Might want to pressurize the system and see if there's any minor leaks.

Speed_Dreams
07-09-2005, 08:39 AM

Cool what did you get? I thought you were selling your car? :dunno:

I am selling the car. I just got a factory system...well factory style not performance. some ass clown up in red deer decided to step on my exhaust ( prolly jelious cause it was bigger than his :poosie: ) and broke the fuckin thing.

Moonracer
07-09-2005, 11:06 AM

I am selling the car. I just got a factory system...well factory style not performance. some ass clown up in red deer decided to step on my exhaust ( prolly jelious cause it was bigger than his :poosie: ) and broke the fuckin thing.

:banghead: ya can't have anything these days without someone recking it.