PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2nd Gen Integra Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

frozenrice
07-09-2005, 01:42 PM
I just got my car done and am very impressed by the work they did for the price. Way cheaper than Dent Clinic.

before1:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/leftrearquater-before.jpg
after1:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/leftrearquarter-after.jpg
before2:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/rightrearquater-before.jpg
after2:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/rightrearquaterafter.jpg

chunger_11
07-09-2005, 02:25 PM
hey guys, whats up? its Steve here. my beyond account got deleted in a server clean up by Beyond but whatever..I'll just share accounts with my friend.

Drew, you'll have to hit me up with the details again becuase I don't have any pms saved.

frostyda9
07-09-2005, 02:46 PM
That's impressive Mike. Your car just keeps getting better and better all the time. I remember when it was nearly stock looking....it has come a long way in not that much time.

Welcome back Steve, sorry to hear about your Beyond account.

Speed_Dreams
07-09-2005, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by chunger_11
hey guys, whats up? its Steve here. my beyond account got deleted in a server clean up by Beyond but whatever..I'll just share accounts with my friend.

Drew, you'll have to hit me up with the details again becuase I don't have any pms saved.

ya i have just had like no time. and now its fucking stampede week. If theres anyway that you can drive down to the south end of town and get it that would be perfect. unless you wanna wait for me to have time.

frozenrice
07-09-2005, 11:03 PM

Hey what's up? I was wondering what happened to you.

Moonracer
07-10-2005, 02:05 AM
Anyone seen this one around? Surely he's on this board. :dunno:

Moonracer
07-10-2005, 02:06 AM

frozenrice
07-10-2005, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Moonracer
Anyone seen this one around? Surely he's on this board. :dunno:

I think I saw him cruizing around the parking lot at SCN back in June. The front end and rims look familiar, but I don't remember the wing.

Moonracer
07-10-2005, 03:06 PM
It's pretty nice, cept for the wing. :rolleyes:

danlowteg
07-10-2005, 05:40 PM
i wonder if he hits any bumps will the body kit explode? :angel:

frostyda9
07-10-2005, 08:07 PM
Needs a massive FMIC to fill in that front bumper :thumbsup:

danlowteg
07-10-2005, 08:19 PM
frosty i keep seeing you driving around. Its always good to see another nice white da9:thumbsup:

frostyda9
07-10-2005, 08:52 PM
Doesn't surprise me. I have a habit of going on a 10 minute errand and it turning into a 2 hour cruise all over the city :rofl:

Genjuro
07-11-2005, 12:11 AM
damn... i must be one in a million..
last wed. my car died right on macloed trail in traffic...
fucking had to push it off the road.
friend came by and towed it to the shop... really imbarassng..

well it was the ignitor under the distribtor cap. no spark so the shit just died.
got it back after 3 days and 280 buck bill ...

im out of g2 forsure next year..untill then, im having fun with it.

anyone looking for a g2 next year? heh...

freakin
07-11-2005, 09:45 AM
Sandino...not a fan of that car. But then again, I've never liked kits. It has to compliment, not take over the car. Oh well, I'm not driving it, so what do I car.
PS, that was some pretty impressive driving on Friday. I think I have a long way to go to catch you on the track. I'm going to have to rely on the straights to catch up.

Steve, I thougth you died. All of your PM's I have in my list say 'deleted user'. I thought it was like a scene out of 1984 where all records of you are destroyed and you dissapear.

Distrubutor problems are common. I think all of us have gone through that once we hit the 200,000 mark. At least it's out of the way now.

Moonracer
07-11-2005, 11:11 AM
-genjuro, no need to give up so easily...lol like matt said the igniter is common to wear out after some time. It usually gives some warning. On mine it would stall or just not start right away and as time goes on it got worse until it just died. It's a pretty easy fix though and as you get to know the car everything will become easier.

-freakin, about the car, what I really like about it is that it is in such good shape such as the paint.
And thanks for the props on the driving. I'm only at this level thanks to experience. Although I am always improving and there is something to learn each time out. Can't wait to see and hear you out there. :burnout:

Genjuro
07-11-2005, 12:22 PM
yeah it always takes a while for it to start up either when its hot outside or when i run it for a long time then turn it off...
like i know no matter what car (new or old) there will always be problems but i still want something new i guess...

honestly.. anyone looking?

freakin
07-11-2005, 12:42 PM
Most of us already have a G2, so might be a tough sell, hehe. But I'd wager it's just an old ignition system causing your headaches. Ever thought of giving it a little tune up? New plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil and doing the timing can do wonders. Might as well change the fuel filter as well.

I'd strongly recomend buying a MSD cap and a Blaster SS coil. The cap allows you to use an external coil, so there's a little bit or wiring involved, but it's very straight forward so the entire job would only take an hour or so. That's including the time to install the coil.

QuasarCav
07-11-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Genjuro
yeah it always takes a while for it to start up either when its hot outside or when i run it for a long time then turn it off...
like i know no matter what car (new or old) there will always be problems but i still want something new i guess...

honestly.. anyone looking?

I'm trying to convert my boss to the G2 side, any pics?

If you keep up maintenence on these cars they will run forever. Most of the problems are worn out parts and the ignitions in G2's are known to cause headaches. Spend some quality time with your engine bay and change all the parts that are easily found at a parts store. You will learn alot in the process and you will end up having a more enjoyable car.

I want to buy something. I'm running out of things to do and I need to install something quick before I start having to talk to people!

Looking for a header (cheap), maybe a short shifter, some assorted bars (strut, c-pillar, tie bars) Anyone want to free up some cash?

Genjuro
07-11-2005, 01:44 PM
yeah you guys are right, but i honestly have no time to work on the car other than the tune-up and whenever it breaks down. also i dont have the money to keep on fixing it up, and the knowledge (need help with it)

i'll take some more pics later... after stampede..

QuasarCav
07-11-2005, 01:45 PM
yeah you guys are right, but i honestly have no time to work on the car other than the tune-up and whenever it breaks down. also i dont have the money to keep on fixing it up, and the knowledge (need help with it)

i'll take some more pics later... after stampede..

Just ask for some help man, I know Freakin spends all day in his looking for something to fix!

I live in the SE and I'm home at 4:30 usually, If you wanted to stop by I could change everything you need for the price of parts.

frostyda9
07-11-2005, 04:08 PM
You guys are making me nervous with all of this igniter talk :(
I'm pushing 220K and I haven't touched the ignition (except for plugs and wires) in the 4 or so years I've owned it. I think I'll do it this weekend :thumbsup:

freakin
07-11-2005, 04:09 PM
You know me....I need to get my G2 fix in somehow. I was all excited when I got to ride in Sandino's car on Friday. It's been soo long sice I've driven my car, I'm starting to forget what it looks like.
Like Quasar said, most of us would be willing to lend a hand and help you out provided we have the time to do so. I on the other hand do not work for free. I require cold beer in order to operate properly under the hood of other's vehicles. :thumbsup:

Genjuro
07-11-2005, 04:43 PM
lol awesome. aight as soon as i get a chance i'll provide the beer to whoever gets my car running as smooth as possible.

frozenrice
07-11-2005, 07:30 PM
Damn ignitors! The one and only time my car quit running on me was when the ignitor went. It happened on the highway just past Suffield (basically in the middle of nowhere).

freakin
07-11-2005, 10:25 PM
Mine happened out front of my house and before the train station was built at the end of the hill I used to be able to get my car rolling and coast it down the hill to my mechanic's shop. Quite handy at the time. Can't do that anymore.

QuasarCav
07-12-2005, 11:31 AM
Finally some pics of the tails.

It's very subtle but I think it brings out the color and takes away from the washed out look of the stock ones.

You be the judge, It looks darker when it's not in direct sunlight.

QuasarCav
07-12-2005, 11:33 AM
And the front to show off my fancy signal lights.

Two coats Tamiya clear orange and one coat Tamiya clear smoke.
This picture shows my obvious need for new corner lights.....

You can also see how good of a match the spray paint was, my lip and grill are now body color.

freakin
07-12-2005, 11:37 AM
If those amber lights and caps in the bumper mysteriously go missing, I had nothing to do with it. :thumbsup:

QuasarCav
07-12-2005, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by freakin
If those amber lights and caps in the bumper mysteriously go missing, I had nothing to do with it. :thumbsup:

Bumper caps and signals for B16 head??

Cant forget my masterpiece:

2 194 bulbs
3 74 bulbs
3 24 bulbs

freakin
07-12-2005, 01:27 PM
Not as hot as this:
http://www.members.shaw.ca/matteakin/acura/JDM%20Cluster.JPG

JDM XSi cluster :poosie: :poosie:
(Maybe I should stop harrasing you and go do some work)

I'll trade you those magnacore wires for the caps and lenses. :hitit:

Genjuro
07-12-2005, 07:14 PM
^ lol nice man

hey do any of you live near/in Bridlewood SW?

danlowteg
07-12-2005, 08:48 PM
well looking at frosty's tails I like the red look so i had some free time and this is what happend. p.s thx frosty for the idea

danlowteg
07-12-2005, 08:49 PM

frostyda9
07-12-2005, 10:13 PM
That actually looks very good :thumbsup: I don't know what you used to paint them, but it looks like an excellent job, very glossy....unlike mine :banghead: :D

frozenrice
07-13-2005, 07:23 AM
Damn! That looks awesome. I'm not a big fan of those type of tailights, but it looks great with the red. Great job!:thumbsup:

chunger_11
07-13-2005, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Speed_Dreams

ya i have just had like no time. and now its fucking stampede week. If theres anyway that you can drive down to the south end of town and get it that would be perfect. unless you wanna wait for me to have time.

Drew, I can wait no hurry just send a pm to this account whenever you have free time dude.

and to everyone else. haha ya it sucked not being able to post and all...but whatever I'm back if you guys have any thing to say contact me on this account now. just make sure you write my name under the subject/title so I know to read it.

hope everyones cars are coming out fine.

freakin
07-13-2005, 10:02 AM
Hey Steve, just create a new account....wouldn't thave be easier?

freakin
07-13-2005, 01:48 PM
I saw a GSR yesterday at lunch. The thing looked soo beat up, I almost smacked the owner. The red paint was all faded and the front full of rock chips. The interior had garbage everywhere. That poor car. That person didn't have a clue what they had. I wish I had 2grand to buy the car on the spot. Judging by the way they treated it, I'm sure I could've got it cheap.

DB2's are rare, and should be taken care of. :thumbsdow :guns:

danlowteg
07-13-2005, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
Damn! That looks awesome. I'm not a big fan of those type of tailights, but it looks great with the red. Great job!:thumbsup:
I hated the light's when they came with the car when i got it. but after i painted them they looked pretty sweet so ill use them this summer:thumbsup:

Moonracer
07-14-2005, 12:24 PM
Wooo look at all the g2 action! lol
Man I've been busy working day and night with my limo job. I'm on holiday from my day job right now for stampede. Been driving around none other than Vanilla Ice :rofl: Colin James, 54-40, Great Big Sea and Tom Cochrane! Got to see all the shows of course which were all good. :clap: Such a fun week and I get to top it off with the champcar weekend in edmonton. I'm stoked. :thumbsup: :drama: :D

frozenrice
07-14-2005, 07:41 PM
Such a fun week and I get to top it off with the champcar weekend in edmonton.

Bastard! (jk)

chunger_11
07-14-2005, 10:43 PM
Wooo look at all the g2 action! lol
Man I've been busy working day and night with my limo job. I'm on holiday from my day job right now for stampede. Been driving around none other than Vanilla Ice :rofl: Colin James, 54-40, Great Big Sea and Tom Cochrane! Got to see all the shows of course which were all good. :clap: Such a fun week and I get to top it off with the champcar weekend in edmonton. I'm stoked. :thumbsup: :drama: :D

haha Sandino, I see you almost everyday from downtown where I'm at right now. (see you going southbound about 4-430ish)

Matt, I don't know how to set up my telus mail so I can't create a new account.

Moonracer
07-14-2005, 11:11 PM
[B]

haha Sandino, I see you almost everyday from downtown where I'm at right now. (see you going southbound about 4-430ish)

Oh ya, must be in my car on the way home. Where you at when you see me?

Moonracer
07-14-2005, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice

Bastard! (jk)

:D :poosie: :angel:

Speed_Dreams
07-15-2005, 12:24 AM
well guys my car went up for sale this after noon. put the word out if you know anyone.

freakin
07-15-2005, 10:50 AM
Anyone want a turbo kit for a DA? I had someone offer me one for my head and cams ($1,150). If you'll pay for my head and cams, you can trade this guy. Here's the specs I was given. I can send you some pics if you're interested. I can get you an oil pan with a return line welded in...just need to trade yours.

> would ut rade the b16 head and ctr cams for a COMPLETE turbo setup? I > ran 12.6 on a stock LS motor with this in my car on street tires...
>
> Full race ram horn style manifold
> Gredy T3/T4 (TD05H housing) turbo
> Greddy Electronic turbo timer
> 35MM external wastegate
> all lines (incluidng oil return and every other line for turbo) steel > braided with blue attachments/fittings > Autometer boost gauge and oil preasure gauge (black face) > 2 gauge pod for the a pillar for EG/DC > Powdercoated Takata green heat resistant piping for intercooler etc > I'll include the downpipe and about 5 inches of piping on it so u can > weld your own exhaust to it it bolts right up to the manifold > JRC Front mount (takes up about 3/4ths the opening of the middle grill > in an EG bumper) > Greddy Type-S BOV (also have a Turbo XS one you can choose wich u want) > all the Misc hoses are there too they are all a purple-blueish colour > Apexi SAFC-II > Chipped P28 tuned for 8lbs with this setup > 550CC RC injectors > ebay catchcan > AEM fuel rail > fuel preasure regulator > > >

qbnb
07-15-2005, 06:11 PM
hey guys. just found this thread and figured i'd say hi.

frostyda9
07-15-2005, 06:32 PM
Welcome, qbnb. Good to see new people joining the thread :thumbsup:

chunger_11
07-15-2005, 06:32 PM
Anyone want a turbo kit for a DA? I had someone offer me one for my head and cams ($1,150). If you'll pay for my head and cams, you can trade this guy. Here's the specs I was given. I can send you some pics if you're interested. I can get you an oil pan with a return line welded in...just need to trade yours.

> would ut rade the b16 head and ctr cams for a COMPLETE turbo setup? I > ran 12.6 on a stock LS motor with this in my car on street tires...
>
> all lines (incluidng oil return and every other line for turbo) steel > braided with blue attachments/fittings > Autometer boost gauge and oil preasure gauge (black face) > 2 gauge pod for the a pillar for EG/DC > Powdercoated Takata green heat resistant piping for intercooler etc > I'll include the downpipe and about 5 inches of piping on it so u can > weld your own exhaust to it it bolts right up to the manifold > JRC Front mount (takes up about 3/4ths the opening of the middle grill > in an EG bumper) > Greddy Type-S BOV (also have a Turbo XS one you can choose wich u want) > all the Misc hoses are there too they are all a purple-blueish colour > Apexi SAFC-II > Chipped P28 tuned for 8lbs with this setup > 550CC RC injectors > ebay catchcan > AEM fuel rail > fuel preasure regulator > > >

god damn! tell him to contact me! haha

jaylo
07-15-2005, 10:20 PM
Not as hot as this:
http://www.members.shaw.ca/matteakin/acura/JDM%20Cluster.JPG

JDM XSi cluster :poosie: :poosie:
(Maybe I should stop harrasing you and go do some work)

I'll trade you those magnacore wires for the caps and lenses. :hitit:

Maybe since we are showing off clusters and what not here's mine:

JDM XSi cluster w/ JDM steering wheel insert:

http://img316.imageshack.us/img316/1254/clusterwheel012bu.th.jpg (http://img316.imageshack.us/my.php?image=clusterwheel012bu.jpg)

or better yet JDM XSi cluster w/ JDM Personal Steering wheel

http://img316.imageshack.us/img316/8871/clusterwheel027lp.th.jpg (http://img316.imageshack.us/my.php?image=clusterwheel027lp.jpg)

:D

jaylo
07-15-2005, 10:21 PM

>

Is this guy local or what? If he is not he could be a scammer because that's too good of a deal!

freakin
07-16-2005, 11:48 AM
That's what I was thinking...he's not local. I personally have no interest in a turbo setup at the moment, so I didn't ask a lot of questions. I'm more concerened with moving my parts. I've asked for the guys location. If he's in Vancouver or something close, I'm going down there next month. I've also asked where he saw the add to get some vouches. The offer came in as an email from OMGWTFH4X! <[email protected]> which is already looking suspect. Also, I never give out my hotmail account when selling parts, so I'm not sure where this guy got it from. I'll wait and see what this guy has to say. It seems like a good deal, but that's a little unsettling.

PS, that's a nice 'personal' touch to your interior. Sorry, can't resist a good pun. :rofl:

jaylo
07-16-2005, 12:20 PM
I call bullshit on that guy that is selling the turbo stuff. One guy from G2IC.com already got scammed by a turbo kit similar to that price.

I'd say stay away from it, hell the Greddy turbo alone cost that much or even more!

chunger_11
07-16-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by jaylo
I call bullshit on that guy that is selling the turbo stuff. One guy from G2IC.com already got scammed by a turbo kit similar to that price.

I'd say stay away from it, hell the Greddy turbo alone cost that much or even more!

ya dude the manifold and the turbo itself is already nearing that amount add on everything else its basically getting a free turbo set up..
sounded too good to be true for sure!

Moonracer
07-16-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by qbnb
hey guys. just found this thread and figured i'd say hi.

Howdy! Have fun and feel free to post a pic of your car. :D

qbnb
07-16-2005, 10:54 PM
nobody wants to see a pic of my car. :barf:

frostyda9
07-17-2005, 06:53 PM
Anyone else ever have the throttle stick wide open on them? It happened to me today for the second time, this time it was so bad it actually bent the pulley arm on the throttle body :nut: The chain gets wrapped around the pulley arm and it can't return to the idle position :banghead:

freakin
07-17-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by qbnb
nobody wants to see a pic of my car. :barf:
Post them up!! We all started off with a stock car.

Dave,
WOW, scary....I guess that's karma for not waiting for me earlier today...:poosie:

J/K, have you checked inside to see if it's all gummed up? Just pull off the sensors and remove the TB carefully (so you can be cheap like me and reuse the gasket), then spray the sucker down with some carb cleaner, and then take some steel wool to it. My JDM TB was absolutely disgusting. The car had under 30,000KM, but the inside was black. I'm guessing it's pollution, but either way, I had to clean it before it goes on my car.

Is anything bent on it? I have an OBD-0 TB with a broken TP sensor in my garage now. Let me know if you need any parts off of it.

danlowteg
07-18-2005, 05:12 PM
PIC "R" US :thumbsup:

danlowteg
07-18-2005, 05:37 PM
O yah just turned 19 yesterday :thumbsup:

frostyda9
07-18-2005, 06:25 PM
Danlow - :thumbsup: for the white DA, and also happy belated birthday.

Matt - sorry I didn't wait around. I had just dropped the ex off and I really just wanted to get home and relax for the little bit of Sunday night that was left. As for thr TB, the pivot arm is bent. I bent it back but it can't be nearly as strong as it used to be. My guess is that the throttle cable was slightly loose, and when I mash the pedal to the floor and then let off, the slack in the cable is just enough the chain manages to get wrapped around the pivot assembly and hold it open.

danlowteg
07-18-2005, 09:52 PM
O yeah frosty because you have the same winter rims i do from looking at your sig. What color should i paint mine for the winter? I was thinking white and having a snowball car. That or red just to be weird:confused:

frostyda9
07-18-2005, 10:05 PM
I actually sold mine...so hopefully I don't have to drive too much this winter :nut:

As for colour...blah they're winters. I'd just paint the inset part black and leave the 5 "blades" polished aluminum.

danlowteg
07-18-2005, 10:09 PM
hmmmm something to think about. but mine are beaten the crap out of so i dont know. :dunno: I should just get some steelies :banghead:

Moonracer
07-18-2005, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by danlowteg
O yeah frosty because you have the same winter rims i do from looking at your sig. What color should i paint mine for the winter? I was thinking white and having a snowball car. That or red just to be weird:confused:

Hmmmm I dunno about all white. Maybe white with a polished outer edge? I'm still debating on what to do with mine too. I might just do them black with a polished outer edge. :nut:

ps. happy 19th! I just turned 37 last month! :D

9oInTeGrA
07-19-2005, 10:17 AM
frozenrice, which place did you go to fix those dents? it will be great if you can give me the address:thumbsup:
thanks

QuasarCav
07-19-2005, 03:01 PM
The end of an era.... The Cavalier sold last night after 6 months.

Last domestic I'll ever buy, you can see it next to my beautiful DA.

freakin
07-19-2005, 04:33 PM
About time!! J/k, glad to see you finally sold it though. Now you have money for a LS/VTEC conversion. ;)

If anyone cares....I was at the machine shop yesterday and it looks like I'll have my motor back next week!:clap: :burnout: :thumbsup: :drool:

frozenrice
07-19-2005, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by 9oInTeGrA
frozenrice, which place did you go to fix those dents? it will be great if you can give me the address:thumbsup:
thanks

DNT Inc.
426 Memorial Drive NE
262-9660
The original guy I dealt with Alexander (Sasha) seemed like a really decent guy. When I took it in he was on vacation so I dealt with another guy named Brian (Ryan?) he was pretty nice too.

Matt, you probably know what I have sitting in my garage by now, so I'll be hittin you up for tips, advice and maybe some help. This is all new for me so I'm learning as I go.

freakin
07-19-2005, 11:19 PM
HAHA, yep, I know exactly what you have in your garage. I'll keep my mouth shut. :thumbsup: PS, that was a nice one to pick up.

Feel free to give me a shout.

Moonracer
07-20-2005, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
The end of an era.... The Cavalier sold last night after 6 months.

Last domestic I'll ever buy, you can see it next to my beautiful DA.

:rofl: Sweet, but 6 months to sell the cav....:eek: Glad you finally got rid of it though. :thumbsup: Are ya putting the cash into the teg?

QuasarCav
07-20-2005, 08:53 AM
Indirectly, the cash went straight on to the ol' CC.

I'm having a big struggle inside my head for NA Vs. Turbo. Until that is figured out I wont spend anything. I really want matt's b16 head but I'm unsure about tuning and rev-reliability. Ideally I would like about 170whp and maybe a little less torque. I want it to look completly stock and not lose any drivability.

I'm thinking either a low-pressure turbo set-up or a more conservative LS/VTEC build.

I wonder how much I've spent so far...

Purchase price = 5500
Sir wheels = 500
Brakes = 230
Clutch = 200
Assorted paint = 50
Exhaust = 450

I know most of you guys would put me to shame with how much youve got in your teg's. But they look awesome so It's all good in the long run!!

Genjuro
07-20-2005, 10:05 AM
hey guys, just an update about my distributor/ignition/fuel system probs.. if you care..
after the guy replaced my ignitor ive been having the same problem of the car dying. (not while driving tho so thats a good thing)

either when the car is hot after driving all day or when it sits outside in the heat for 8 hours i try to start the car and it either tries to turn over and not ignite or it does start but rpm drops down all the way after 2 seconds after starting.

now i paid about 280 bucks for the guy to fix this thing (he thought it was the ignitor) but now hes saying it might be a fuel pump or injector? im not sure anymore but i have to show him whats going on somehow but i doubt it will do it when im in his presence...

meh iduno.. have any of you seen this b4?
:thumbsdow

danlowteg
07-20-2005, 10:35 AM
Indirectly, the cash went straight on to the ol' CC.

I'm having a big struggle inside my head for NA Vs. Turbo. Until that is figured out I wont spend anything. I really want matt's b16 head but I'm unsure about tuning and rev-reliability. Ideally I would like about 170whp and maybe a little less torque. I want it to look completly stock and not lose any drivability.

I'm thinking either a low-pressure turbo set-up or a more conservative LS/VTEC build.

I wonder how much I've spent so far...

Purchase price = 5500
Sir wheels = 500
Brakes = 230
Clutch = 200
Assorted paint = 50
Exhaust = 450

I know most of you guys would put me to shame with how much youve got in your teg's. But they look awesome so It's all good in the long run!!

My Turn :D
Purchase Price = 3000
Volk Wheel's = 4200 hahaha jk :thumbsup:
18" Wheel's = 1500
Tom's Coil over's = 10 bought them off a guy but speedtech wanted to charge me 300 for a new set :thumbsdow
Racing seat's = 100
intake = 20cents off that same guy
Exhaust =60 off that guy agian
Carbon Fiber Hood = 400
mp3 player = 250
Total = 5320.20

Now the price of my friends sir civic with all the crap he has about 17'000. Now the funny thing is i still waste him :clap:

O Yeah the car was a steal. I bought it from karl at speedville. It was madly taken care of with a new engine inside. I miss speedville, I use to live there:love: price's would smoke speedtech anytime. EG speedtech: wings west kit 1600 Speedville: same kit 800 to bad he had to help his son out befor i could buy it :(

freakin
07-20-2005, 10:47 AM
hey guys, just an update about my distributor/ignition/fuel system probs.. if you care..
after the guy replaced my ignitor ive been having the same problem of the car dying. (not while driving tho so thats a good thing)

either when the car is hot after driving all day or when it sits outside in the heat for 8 hours i try to start the car and it either tries to turn over and not ignite or it does start but rpm drops down all the way after 2 seconds after starting.

now i paid about 280 bucks for the guy to fix this thing (he thought it was the ignitor) but now hes saying it might be a fuel pump or injector? im not sure anymore but i have to show him whats going on somehow but i doubt it will do it when im in his presence...

meh iduno.. have any of you seen this b4?
:thumbsdow

Are you getting a check engine light? If so, we could to this easily. If not, well, I have a set of stock 240cc injectors off of a b16 that you could try out. Just take the entire fuel rail, with the FPR, that way you can rule it all out. Failing that, fuel pump. You could rig a pressure guage to your fuel line and see what kind of pressure you're getting out of it. Might help to troubleshoot it. the rail comes out with 3 bolts, a vacum line and 2 fuel lines. I can't garauntee the o-rings are good, but you're welcome to try them out if you like. If it turns out to be one of those parts, then you know what to buy (I need the parts back, sorry). Should save you some money in labor and diagnosing the problem.

Lewis, I might have a buyer in Victoria for the head, but he want's me to bring it up when I go to Vancouver in August and he wants to leave a deposit on it. I've asked him to wait on the money for the moment. Let me know what you want to do. You can always turbo the LS/VTEC down the road. :thumbsup:

I'm not even going to start posting up how much I've spent....Let's just agree that it's a lot and that I could've easily paid for school easily if I didn't have this car. But then again, I wouldn't have had as much fun if I didn't have it.

QuasarCav
07-20-2005, 11:42 AM
Vancouver in August? I'm going there too!!

danlowteg:

Just saw you cruising down deerfoot, how much do tires cost you a week? That camber is nuts.

Speed_Dreams
07-20-2005, 12:28 PM
I have a wicked deal on a motor that you could LS/Vtec or turbo

freakin
07-20-2005, 12:36 PM
.....or both :bigpimp: :hijack:

QuasarCav
07-20-2005, 12:38 PM
I know, so much to buy so little to buy it with!

Genjuro
07-20-2005, 01:01 PM
k if the guy doesnt solve the problem im coming to you, freakin. :D

QuasarCav
07-20-2005, 01:48 PM
Fuel main relay Genjuro. It's happening to me as well but to a lessor extent. I am going to work on mine after this weekend.

Have you ever soldered before?

frostyda9
07-20-2005, 05:26 PM

I know most of you guys would put me to shame with how much youve got in your teg's.

I put myself to shame with how much I've spent on my car...when you consider what it's worth :rofl:

Purchase price: $9000
Tein coilovers, Ingalls camber, Energy full bushing kit, Suspension Techniques sway bar ~$3000
Wheels and tires: $1200
Leather interior swap/black interior parts swap $ top secret
fart can, JDM one pieces, painted mouldings ~$650
Momo wheel, shifter, boot, hub ~$400

Haven't even touched the brakes...or the engine....yet. That's when it will get expensive. So far I'm into it for over $14,000 and it gets beat by plenty of bone stock cars :banghead: No one ever said this hobby was a good investment ;)

9oInTeGrA
07-20-2005, 05:50 PM
thanks for the help frozenrice:thumbsup:

Moonracer
07-20-2005, 06:28 PM
Fuel main relay Genjuro. It's happening to me as well but to a lessor extent. I am going to work on mine after this weekend.

Have you ever soldered before?

:werd: Check that next. It's also a common one.

gen2teggy
07-20-2005, 06:39 PM
well havent posted inna while....
so hi
hahah

Moonracer
07-20-2005, 06:52 PM
--Quasar you haven't signed up for the cruise, tell me you're coming.

danlowteg
07-20-2005, 08:38 PM
quasar does it look really bad? i mean i dont really care about the tires. but i do like to slide around :D

frozenrice
07-20-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by gen2teggy
well havent posted inna while....
so hi
hahah

Hey, how's the b18 rebuild going?

gen2teggy
07-20-2005, 09:04 PM
slow...i dunno what to buy cf hood, rear bummper....put in the engine....oh but i got my kit panited :thumbsup:

91VTEG
07-20-2005, 11:02 PM
my car was outside last night so i got hail damage on the hood roof and trunk, so it looks like im keeping my car and im getting cf hood and trunk, i will post pics when im done

QuasarCav
07-21-2005, 08:21 AM
--Quasar you haven't signed up for the cruise, tell me you're coming.

I have to check my G/F's shift schedule and see if she can come, we were talking about it and it sounds like a good time!

Originally posted by danlowteg
quasar does it look really bad? i mean i dont really care about the tires. but i do like to slide around :D

It wont do anything bad except burn off your tires, it's just what happens when you drop your car really low. You prob. need a camber kit and at the very least an alignment. Your car looks good though, didn't think i'd like your tails but they look good on your car. White power!

Moonracer
07-21-2005, 08:50 AM

I have to check my G/F's shift schedule and see if she can come, we were talking about it and it sounds like a good time!

Excellent! It's definitely a g/f friendly hike. Jen always comes with me and usually brings her car also. Ya I gotta see if I can find those pics from the last time I was out there so I can post them.

freakin
07-21-2005, 03:05 PM
Anyone looking for a complete 2nd Gen (OBD-1, 170HP) B16A? I need the transmission off of one and I can't get it unless I buy the whole thing. It's going to be $1,300 and you can have everything short of the tranny. You'd keep the starter, clutch, driveshafts, ecu, etc.

If you need a transmission, I can hook you up with a cable LS tranny.

That's pretty cheap! :)

QuasarCav
07-21-2005, 03:24 PM
How much would it be swapped?

freakin
07-21-2005, 03:39 PM
are you asking how much the install would cost? No clue...I'm sure as hell not doing it, hehe. I'd think a shop would charge around $500 to put it in.

danlowteg
07-21-2005, 08:43 PM

It wont do anything bad except burn off your tires, it's just what happens when you drop your car really low. You prob. need a camber kit and at the very least an alignment. Your car looks good though, didn't think i'd like your tails but they look good on your car. White power!

Camber kit and an alignment. Done and done but because im crazy to put 18's on my car the tires have to be that way or they can't fit in the wheel well. Also I have rolled the fenders so until I get some 16's when im done automotive repair at Sait. (O yah guys soon I can fix all your cars :D:D:D:D) ill have to have my tires f'ed to the max lol. O and the tail's I hated, now I sort of like them but once I get the pink out of my good one's they will stay on :(

danlowteg
07-21-2005, 08:58 PM
Ok so i guess when i get board i paint things. Once winter comes these bad boys go on and my white hood :thumbsup:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/danlowteg/reddie.jpg
With out the tape
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/danlowteg/reddie2.jpg
And a nice pic i took with my civic
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/danlowteg/tegcivic.jpg
:angel:

frostyda9
07-21-2005, 09:21 PM
:rofl: HAWT. You will have some competition though, I think there's a set of chrome plastic Walmart spinners in my future once I get a new set of winters

:bigpimp:

danlowteg
07-21-2005, 09:26 PM
frosty im excited to put them on! every time i drive by people will be like what the f :D and when you get them spinner's were gonna have to drive around together and raise some hell