PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2nd Gen Integra Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

frozenrice
07-21-2005, 09:56 PM
wtf?!??! (http://www.jhpusa.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=107&products_id=980&osCsid=6912ba5b8ef76ee07561859b3a91d8f8)

hey danlow, you're taking autobody at SAIT? Somebody suggested I give them a call to see if they need a project car to work on. Is there such a thing? How/who do I call about it?

danlowteg
07-21-2005, 10:02 PM
autobody is part of the course. the rest is fixing cars and learning about things that can blow up on them :) as for getting your car worked on it can be super cheap but students have first pop at painting their own cars. so it might be filled up for the year. also that wheel looks cool but not worth 900:thumbsdow

frozenrice
07-21-2005, 10:38 PM
Anyone with one pieces might want to check this out:

Raybrig H4H (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95118)

Get it while you can.

Speed_Dreams
07-22-2005, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by frostyda9
:rofl: HAWT. You will have some competition though, I think there's a set of chrome plastic Walmart spinners in my future once I get a new set of winters

:bigpimp:

Taking my Idea?

Moonracer
07-22-2005, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by danlowteg
Ok so i guess when i get board i paint things. Once winter comes these bad boys go on and my white hood :thumbsup:

Holy doodle batman!!! Those stockerz are bright...lol Shit I'm going to have to do mine in yellow now just to compete. ;)

Moonracer
07-22-2005, 08:49 AM
:rofl: HAWT. You will have some competition though, I think there's a set of chrome plastic Walmart spinners in my future once I get a new set of winters

:bigpimp:

Dave you won't believe me if I told you but just last night while I was working I saw a white G2 with chrome plastic hubcap spinners on it. :rofl: :rofl:

freakin
07-22-2005, 10:08 AM
Did you sideswipe him? I think I'm going to make a contraption consisting of a long pole, a glove and some sort of cable and pulley system so that I can bitch-slap people like that in traffic. :rofl:

PS, I bought a set of steelies for the Volvo and was debating doing the exact same thing. :angel:

QuasarCav
07-22-2005, 10:14 AM
Who is trying to steal the one-pieces from underneath my eyes?

Moonracer
07-22-2005, 01:02 PM
^^you lookin to buy the ones from teg_g2? That would be a nice addition.

QuasarCav
07-22-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Moonracer
^^you lookin to buy the ones from teg_g2? That would be a nice addition.

Yes but he said someone Pm'ed him before me, I Pm'ed him seconds after the thread started. Oh well, I want some but I've got 9007 conversion done on my USDM lights and they look great but you cant beat the clean style of the one pieces.

I got some energy suspension sway bar bushings from Mopac so I guess I have something to do this weekend.

Moonracer
07-22-2005, 01:09 PM
Ah well it wasn't me, have mine already of course. Hope you get em though.

Speed_Dreams
07-22-2005, 01:30 PM
:werd: 1pcs were the best mod to do on the outside of your car. looks so much cleaner

QuasarCav
07-22-2005, 01:37 PM
I agree, I have a pic of a Isle green pearl LS with SIR rims in my office. It's what my car will be when I'm done with it.

I told someone to PM you who was looking for a block. Are you parting out anything from your car?

freakin
07-22-2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
Who is trying to steal the one-pieces from underneath my eyes?

I was me...I'm secretly trying to ruin your life. I've been working on it for years now. My conscience is starting to get the better of me, so I had to come clean. Can you find it in your heart to forgive me? :P

I'll try to find the email address of the guy that I bought mine from. His Ebay name was JDMRecyler, or something like that. They were a great deal. Just under $200 by the time I got them and they were the cleanest set I've ever seen. One even had a Raybrig buld in it.

QuasarCav
07-22-2005, 02:49 PM
Well last time I was over I stole something from your engine but I'm not telling you what. you'll find out when you start it.

These one pieces are a good price though, comes with a set of H4H's in them and another set for spare.

Bahhhhhhh work is soooooooo slow today.

frozenrice
07-22-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by freakin
Did you sideswipe him? I think I'm going to make a contraption consisting of a long pole, a glove and some sort of cable and pulley system so that I can bitch-slap people like that in traffic. :rofl:

PS, I bought a set of steelies for the Volvo and was debating doing the exact same thing. :angel:

I think somebody with a volvo beat you to it.....
http://www.photodump.com/direct/lee1980/Foose.jpg

freakin
07-22-2005, 05:34 PM
Damn, I can't compete with that. It's got the euro composite headlights and no rust. Hell it's even got a clear coat. I'm still doing it though!!

frostyda9
07-22-2005, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Speed_Dreams

Taking my Idea?

:rolleyes: Today's acronym is: FOS

danlowteg
07-22-2005, 08:14 PM
BLAMO!!!! :D
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/danlowteg/airhorn.jpg
I now drive a train :D :D my ears hurt from playing with these...sorry about my dirty engine

frozenrice
07-22-2005, 10:02 PM
Damn, I can't compete with that. It's got the euro composite headlights and no rust. Hell it's even got a clear coat. I'm still doing it though!!

What's sad is that this is a Calgary car. I actually saw it a month or two ago on Crowchild.

danlowteg
07-22-2005, 11:27 PM

Holy doodle batman!!! Those stockerz are bright...lol Shit I'm going to have to do mine in yellow now just to compete. ;)

yellow would be sweet id say do it. That or blue. you know what we should all have a colored rim winter. should be the new g2 thing

jaylo
07-22-2005, 11:47 PM
Can someone help a fellow g2'er out? I'm trying to find a 90-99 DSM blue tops 450cc injectors for my project. I need 'em bad for my setup :)

Speed_Dreams
07-23-2005, 09:14 AM
haha I can sell you a set of 8 42lbs injectors if you wanna try and pawn the other 4 off on here

freakin
07-23-2005, 10:20 AM
Drew, did you ever find me those Bosch browntop injectors at work? I'm itching to run that car at 18lbs of boost! :devil:

Jay, I may be able to give you a better deal on my 520's. Shoot me a PM with an offer if you like.

gen2teggy
07-23-2005, 06:40 PM
okay guys im doing LS/vtec! im getting my head for JDM sorce on monday or tuesday :thumbsup:

MoNKeE
07-24-2005, 06:15 AM
im sorry i never post but i have to rant now haha. k i was coming home from work on thursday doing my usual thing, speeding up the deerfoot to mckenzie (throw yourself off a building if your gonna cry about it) when i come across a skyline gts-t or gst or whatever they wanna call them. i give him all the props he deserves for importing a piece of shit, the head nod nad little smile, then i ago about my business, tring to get home as fast as i can to eat and shit. ok now here comes the hardcore racer shit i thought died a long time ago, im driving up mckenzie lake blvd. by esso when gangstar in the SKYLINE(coolio by the way) starts swerving left to right like hes ready to put my poor DA through the paces against his (OMG INCREDIBLE SKYLINE OMG BOW DOWN ITS A GST JUST WHA WE NEED MORE OF) anyways blah blah blah blah he rides my ass for a little, pulls up beside i dont care to give him the time of day he turns off into moutain park blah blah blah he has a played out car no one cares blah blah and that was it. now if if it was a GTR this would have been an a differant story. thanks for reading my shit i never post but i might start in this thread. good day. fez owns you.

freakin
07-24-2005, 06:53 AM
What ever model it was, the guy still drives like an asshole. When people do that to me, I drop it to 10 under the speedlimit wthout touching my brakes. Then I box them in. I try to do it all subtle so that they don't realize that I'm doing it on purpose. I have more fun fucking with them. Then if they get mad I wink and blow them a kiss when they're beside me. Nothing's more fun than frustrating an asshole. Giving them a brake check is also an option, but it's dangerous and isn't as long and drawn out. :angel:

danlowteg
07-24-2005, 11:22 AM
***NEXT CRUISE AUGUST 4th***

Click here for details and signup (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=1105209#post1105209) [/B]

Moon this has been confusing me. are we going the 14th or the 4th?

Moonracer
07-24-2005, 12:34 PM

Moon this has been confusing me. are we going the 14th or the 4th?

The 14th ooops sorry mang

Moonracer
07-24-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by MoNKeE
im sorry i never post but i have to rant now haha. k i was coming home from work on thursday doing my usual thing, speeding up the deerfoot to mckenzie (throw yourself off a building if your gonna cry about it) when i come across a skyline gts-t or gst or whatever they wanna call them. i give him all the props he deserves for importing a piece of shit, the head nod nad little smile, then i ago about my business, tring to get home as fast as i can to eat and shit. ok now here comes the hardcore racer shit i thought died a long time ago, im driving up mckenzie lake blvd. by esso when gangstar in the SKYLINE(coolio by the way) starts swerving left to right like hes ready to put my poor DA through the paces against his (OMG INCREDIBLE SKYLINE OMG BOW DOWN ITS A GST JUST WHA WE NEED MORE OF) anyways blah blah blah blah he rides my ass for a little, pulls up beside i dont care to give him the time of day he turns off into moutain park blah blah blah he has a played out car no one cares blah blah and that was it. now if if it was a GTR this would have been an a differant story. thanks for reading my shit i never post but i might start in this thread. good day. fez owns you.

haha welcome to the thread! It's a good thing the guy had a skyline and not a hyundai pony otherwise he'd really be jealous. He'll get what's coming to him don't worry. :D

frostyda9
07-24-2005, 01:14 PM
He'll get what's coming to him don't worry. :D

You know it man. Skylines are going to be the ricer car of choice before long, if they aren't already. Still love the GT-R, but I don't think I'd want one now.

frozenrice
07-24-2005, 03:44 PM
Anyone going to Chinook tonight?

freakin
07-24-2005, 04:13 PM
I'm out....It's my dad's b-day today. I'm going to hang out with him this afternoon.
I should be free for next weekend.

frostyda9
07-24-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
Anyone going to Chinook tonight?

I'll probably go...not a lot else to do Sunday night

danlowteg
07-24-2005, 07:00 PM
well looks like engine is now dead. sorry guys i cant make the g2 meet. i dont know if its my tranny or my engine. but it cant drive up a hill and there is this weird rice in a can rattling. and i can't afford to fix it :(

gen2teggy
07-24-2005, 07:02 PM
what r u gonna do??

chunger_11
07-24-2005, 07:09 PM
DREW YOU BASTARD! haha, it was me who waved to you in the sunridge parking lot, I was with my friend in the civic.

anyways my account doesn't work anymore so pm me about the shifter! i need something to install :P (this is steve btw)

and SANDINO, me and Team_Mclaren saw you the otherday downtown. he was wearing the beyond hoodie. I was like hey cool that guy has a beyond lanyard...didn't know it was you until a few mins later ..."hmm that guy awfully looks familiar..." *jeopardy music* "oh ya thats sandino!"

suprised you didn't reconize me..but no one reconizes me after my haircut hahaha. well cept for gen2teggy, I saw him in the parking lot a few days ago.

danlowteg
07-24-2005, 07:26 PM
well im gonna turn to freaking he seems to know alot about engines. as for what im gonna do i might have to sell some parts off to get a new trans and maby a engine. anyone looking for a cf hood. also freaking do you have a idea in your head if it's my trany or engine i just checked the oil and there is nothing in there. i was like wtf i change it all the time

danlowteg
07-24-2005, 07:52 PM
looks like the tranny from all the threads i have read. so anyone got a tranny??

chunger_11
07-24-2005, 07:57 PM
anyone need rims? hehe, mine are up for sale now..money is tight..:(

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=95439

gen2teggy
07-24-2005, 08:03 PM
looks like the tranny from all the threads i have read. so anyone got a tranny??

TRY SPEEDdream

frozenrice
07-24-2005, 09:09 PM

tomsweet1990 has a tranny too. I helped him pull it off the engine.

frozenrice
07-24-2005, 09:13 PM
well looks like engine is now dead. sorry guys i cant make the g2 meet. i dont know if its my tranny or my engine. but it cant drive up a hill and there is this weird rice in a can rattling. and i can't afford to fix it :(

Do you think its the clutch? If you can drive on flat land but can't go up hill it sounds as if it's the clutch slipping. What happens when you drop the clutch from a stop?

danlowteg
07-24-2005, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice

Do you think its the clutch? If you can drive on flat land but can't go up hill it sounds as if it's the clutch slipping. What happens when you drop the clutch from a stop?

got no power driving flat or hill and when i try to speed up from 0 to 30 it takes like 10 seconds but the engine is giving tons of power. when its in netual it works fine

frozenrice
07-24-2005, 09:19 PM
I should be free for next weekend.

Next weekend is the ABtegs BBQ in Sylvan. All teg owners welcome, car or no car.

August 31 (http://www.abtegs.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=837#8310)

freakin
07-24-2005, 09:59 PM
danlowteg,
I'd have to agree with Mike, that does sound like the clutch is toast. Tom and I both have a tranny for sale, but they're both YS1's (92-93). Your current clutch won't work with them. You'd have to buy another one....actually Tom has a clutch as well.
PS, nice airhorn.

I forgot about the ABTegs meet. I have to work on Sunday, so I won't be able to make that.

Moonracer
07-24-2005, 10:03 PM
[i]Originally posted by chunger_11
and SANDINO, me and Team_Mclaren saw you the otherday downtown. he was wearing the beyond hoodie. I was like hey cool that guy has a beyond lanyard...didn't know it was you until a few mins later ..."hmm that guy awfully looks familiar..." *jeopardy music* "oh ya thats sandino!"

suprised you didn't reconize me..but no one reconizes me after my haircut hahaha. well cept for gen2teggy, I saw him in the parking lot a few days ago. [/B]

Ya same thing with me...lol I saw you both and I knew right away I knew you guys but didn't kick in right away. Probly cause I'm just not used to seeing you walking around downtown. I figured it out after I got into the building and didn't want to go running after you like a knob yelling hey I know you...hehe Anyways....HI

danlowteg
07-24-2005, 10:16 PM
well my engine light came on so im gonna check the ecu code tommorw. do you guys know if the engine light has to stay on to check the codes. becuase mine turns off when i turn off the car and turn it back on. but once i get driving it comes on

gen2teggy
07-24-2005, 10:18 PM
well my engine light came on so im gonna check the ecu code tommorw. do you guys know if the engine light has to stay on to check the codes. becuase mine turns off when i turn off the car and turn it back on. but once i get driving it comes on

hey same here....n its been like that for a few months LOL

gen2teggy
07-24-2005, 10:19 PM
i see steves car almost everyday

jaylo
07-24-2005, 10:22 PM
The Engine Light has to be on, next time it goes on, read the code and turn your engine off. But you gotta do this quick.

Moonracer
07-24-2005, 10:32 PM
Latest pics of my car. I put on the stockerz temporarily just to see how they look, feel and cause there's not much tread left on my sinkos. Not much tread left on the stockerz either but way more than the other wheels. Plus I want to get what I can out of the rubber before I put on the winters.

http://www.supercars.net/servlets/PW/garagePics/Moonracer/251car0.jpg
http://www.supercars.net/servlets/PW/garagePics/Moonracer/251car1.jpg
http://www.supercars.net/servlets/PW/garagePics/Moonracer/251car2.jpg
http://www.supercars.net/servlets/PW/garagePics/Moonracer/251car3.jpg
http://www.supercars.net/servlets/PW/garagePics/Moonracer/251car4.jpg

frozenrice
07-24-2005, 10:34 PM
....actually Tom has a clutch as well

not exactly an accurate comment hehe...........let me know if you need one though.

frostyda9
07-24-2005, 11:14 PM
Car looks very clean Sandino. Good job making it out to the AB meet tonight too :poosie:

:rofl:

freakin
07-24-2005, 11:18 PM
Nice parking job Sandino! The only thing that would've made it better is if one was a handicap stall. :poosie:

What happened to the plan for painted stockers?

Moonracer
07-24-2005, 11:48 PM
Car looks very clean Sandino. Good job making it out to the AB meet tonight too :poosie:

Sorry mang, I was kinda grumpy. The dog was pissing me off and I banged my head pretty good :banghead: I wouldn't have been to enjoyable to be around. So then I decided to swap my wheels. :D

Moonracer
07-24-2005, 11:51 PM
Nice parking job Sandino! The only thing that would've made it better is if one was a handicap stall. :poosie:

What happened to the plan for painted stockers?

Hey man it was only for a minute for the pics...lol

Haven't painted them yet cause they're not going on for the winter yet, it's just temporary. It seems I have more ground clearance now too. :thumbsup:

qbnb
07-25-2005, 12:11 AM
ok guys, i have a question. what exactly is this LS/vtec conversion everyone is talking about? i understand the concept of vtec, but i'm not sure what you mean by all o' that. if anyone could help this noob out, it'd be greatly appreciated.
:english:

Moonracer
07-25-2005, 12:16 AM
LS block = beter low end torque with
VTEC head = good high end power

qbnb
07-25-2005, 12:19 AM
so are the LS and RS blocks the same? would an RS/vtec work? also, where can i get one?

what i'm trying to say is; i drive a 1991 rs and i want it to go faster. is this a feasible option for me? i'm on a fixed budget (i'm poor), but i want a little more bang for my buck. what would you all suggest i do? i've considered an exhaust and cold air intake, aswell as other minor modifications. any ideas?

freakin
07-25-2005, 06:33 AM
LS/RS/GS all have the same motor, the B18A. When people reffer to LS, they're talking about the B18A (90-93) or the B18B (94-01) integra motors. By putting a VTEC head on one of these blocks you get a good bottom end and some better breathing up top. The advantage to us Integra owners is that we already have a B18A installed in our cars. A lot of people get away with just putting a B16A head on the car plus some other minor changes (adding an oil line to the head, wiring, new ECU, etc) and end up with a decently quick motor. There's a lot of arguments about it's reliability, but that's mostly because people put a head on a motor with 200,000+ KM and think they can take a motor that was designed with a 7,000RPM redline up to 8,000RPM with no modifications. I'd recomend adding some new rod bolts at the very minimum, (new rods if you can) and a better crank breather system (the stock PCV system won't hold up).

If you're looking for parts....I have just about everything you'd need. I had a B20VTEC (basically the same, but bigger displacement) blow up on me, so my garage is littered with parts I need to sell off.

MaximumSpeed
07-25-2005, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by qbnb
so are the LS and RS blocks the same? would an RS/vtec work? also, where can i get one?

what i'm trying to say is; i drive a 1991 rs and i want it to go faster. is this a feasible option for me? i'm on a fixed budget (i'm poor), but i want a little more bang for my buck. what would you all suggest i do? i've considered an exhaust and cold air intake, aswell as other minor modifications. any ideas?

What you're saying is correct in a sense. People just call it an LS?VTEC because of the model the Integra has with the engine. Really all Integras, except for GS-R and Type-R models, have the same engine (commonly referred to as LS engine), which is just a B18A or B18B and their variants (B18A1, etc.)

What you have in your 1991 RS is a B18A1 engine. Same as what I have in my 1991 GS. Same power and torque.

Since you have an RS, you probably don't have A/C. You can turbo your car. Wait for the right deals and you can put together a good turbo kit for your car.

If I've made any mistakes, sorry in advance. Please correct me.
I hope this helps.

MaximumSpeed
07-25-2005, 06:41 AM
LS/RS/GS all have the same motor, the B18A. When people reffer to LS, they're talking about the B18A (90-93) or the B18B (94-01) integra motors. By putting a VTEC head on one of these blocks you get a good bottom end and some better breathing up top. The advantage to us Integra owners is that we already have a B18A installed in our cars. A lot of people get away with just putting a B16A head on the car plus some other minor changes (adding an oil line to the head, wiring, new ECU, etc) and end up with a decently quick motor. There's a lot of arguments about it's reliability, but that's mostly because people put a head on a motor with 200,000+ KM and think they can take a motor that was designed with a 7,000RPM redline up to 8,000RPM with no modifications. I'd recomend adding some new rod bolts at the very minimum, (new rods if you can) and a better crank breather system (the stock PCV system won't hold up).

If you're looking for parts....I have just about everything you'd need. I had a B20VTEC (basically the same, but bigger displacement) blow up on me, so my garage is littered with parts I need to sell off.

Freakin' Matt beat me to it!

freakin
07-25-2005, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by MaximumSpeed

Freakin' Matt beat me to it!

You're correct, just slow on the draw, hehe :hijack:

PS, where have you been hiding? Haven't seen you or your car for a while.

Moonracer
07-25-2005, 08:56 AM
I thought LS meant Long stroke? As in the piston travels longer in a deeper chamber? Thus the more torque. :dunno:

QuasarCav
07-25-2005, 09:00 AM
Nope just a generic term reffering to all (RS,GS,LS,SE) lower level integra engines. Never thought of it that way though.

Like a Type-R engine means:

Turtles
Yawning
Powers
Engine
Responsibly

danlowteg
07-25-2005, 09:53 AM
ok so i havent checked the codes yet but im leaning towards a new clutch. so anyone got a clutch and anyone can help me install it. i know tons on how to do it but there is the prob of having some powerfull tool's to do it.

QuasarCav
07-25-2005, 10:04 AM
I have a new Exedy OEM clutch for sale.

I cant help you install it but it will be alot cheaper than buying a brand new one.

danlowteg
07-25-2005, 10:12 AM
I have a new Exedy OEM clutch for sale.

I cant help you install it but it will be alot cheaper than buying a brand new one.

how much you looking to get? also will it fit a 91 and do you know of anyone that can help me get mine off and on

QuasarCav
07-25-2005, 10:15 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89361

There are a few guys on the board that can install it for you.

Going rate on the install is about 400 from the dealer and maybe 250-350 for a smaller shop. You could probably get someone to help you for under 100. It's not an easy job though.

danlowteg
07-25-2005, 10:17 AM
damn for a 92 i would jump on that but i dont know if it will fit my tranny

QuasarCav
07-25-2005, 10:32 AM
damn for a 92 i would jump on that but i dont know if it will fit my tranny

It wont, the 90-91's have a different input shaft.

Buy freakin's tranny and put my clutch into it, than you get new syncros and all that good stuff. Plus it's a nice shiny silver, good for at least 10hp.

freakin
07-25-2005, 03:14 PM
Nope just a generic term reffering to all (RS,GS,LS,SE) lower level integra engines. Never thought of it that way though.

Like a Type-R engine means:

Turtles
Yawning
Powers
Engine
Responsibly

I thought it meant that you put on a bandana and an eye patch and screamed out the window "Look at me, I'm driving a type ARHH!"....and "Look at my socks, they're ARRRGYLE!" :hijack:

(PS, I love that smilie and will be looking for more new and exciting ways to use it. I'm sure sleep derprevation and the fumes from my wagon are playing a part in this as well.)

QuasarCav
07-25-2005, 03:28 PM

I thought it meant that you put on a bandana and an eye patch and screamed out the window "Look at me, I'm driving a type ARHH!"....and "Look at my socks, they're ARRRGYLE!" :hijack:

(PS, I love that smilie and will be looking for more new and exciting ways to use it. I'm sure sleep derprevation and the fumes from my wagon are playing a part in this as well.)

Ahh the fumes, maybe that is why I put the ice cream in the fridge and went to bed at 8:30.

In case anyone is interested Synchromesh rocks, 9/quart but it's well worth it. It turns an already smooth tranny into something better. I recommend to anyone that needs to change the fluid. Dont forget to change your coil after.:poosie:

rey_mysterio
07-25-2005, 07:16 PM
does anyone know of someone who wants buy a DA?? . . .Mine IS FOR SALE RIGHT now!! its under the cars for sale listing

Moonracer
07-25-2005, 07:35 PM
^^^saw your thread, nice looking blacky! How do you like those halo projectors?

MaximumSpeed
07-25-2005, 08:19 PM

You're correct, just slow on the draw, hehe :hijack:

PS, where have you been hiding? Haven't seen you or your car for a while.

Haven't been hiding really, just not in Calgary anymore, I'm now living in Vancouver.

I come back now and then, but probably won't be for a while now until October for a friend's wedding. I'll update with pics of what's new with my ride.

rey_mysterio
07-25-2005, 09:35 PM
ive got nothing but positive feedback about my headlights and whats with the blacky comment??? i feel like iam talking to someone who is 13 .. . . ne wayz let me know of what you think about that price??

Moonracer
07-25-2005, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by rey_mysterio
ive got nothing but positive feedback about my headlights and whats with the blacky comment??? i feel like iam talking to someone who is 13 .. . . ne wayz let me know of what you think about that price??

:rofl: I'm the oldest guy on here. I meant nice black G2. Mine is black as well.
As for the price....maybe a good starting point but probly won't sell near that price. A lot of K's on it but it should bring better than average $$$ because it is in great shape with new paint and all. :thumbsup: Goodluck with the sale

danlowteg
07-25-2005, 10:50 PM
well checked the ecu code and it was 43 fixed some stuff car idel's great and rev's awsome but once i get going it still has power and rev's high but won't move like it should. now when my dad saw me driving by he said the car made a chchhchchchch noise and when i stop it sound like my shift linkage was coming off. so im thinking it might be my linkage anyone got any info on our cars linkage because my car just had some clutch work done.:(

frostyda9
07-25-2005, 11:09 PM
danlow did you say you want to sell your cf hood?

danlowteg
07-25-2005, 11:24 PM
ill trade it for your tranny and clutch ;)

Moonracer
07-25-2005, 11:32 PM

chunger_11
07-26-2005, 01:13 AM
k, I might go with some new suspension...

so if anyone wants I have up forsale

Tein S-Tech lowering springs
I got them installed in November or December..can't really recall its late but I've had them on all winter and such so approx 4-6k KM on them (I don't drive alot, and it also knocked downsome kms because I wasn't able to drive my car for about a month)

I will sell these before I decide to go out and purchase new springs or whatever...don't wanna be stuck with two sets you know?

but I'm asking 175 obo (if new prices are out for the springs then let me know) I will price accordingly. (and I am flexible on pricing if anyone wants it) Ride is smooth, but also has a nice kick in it for the twisties but its not for all out performance. its a soft ride also so you won't be feeling all the cracks in the road.

MaximumSpeed
07-26-2005, 05:25 AM
well checked the ecu code and it was 43 fixed some stuff car idel's great and rev's awsome but once i get going it still has power and rev's high but won't move like it should. now when my dad saw me driving by he said the car made a chchhchchchch noise and when i stop it sound like my shift linkage was coming off. so im thinking it might be my linkage anyone got any info on our cars linkage because my car just had some clutch work done.:(

Code 43 is fuel supply system. I am having the same code from time to time. It is a bugger to diagnose because it can be lots of things! Can be anything related to fuel or not related, so stupid. And for you it seems to be your clutch, go figure.

Anyways, can't really help as I am also trying to diagnose my car, but it drives fine.

frostyda9
07-26-2005, 05:29 PM
ill trade it for your tranny and clutch ;)

:P I have a nice frost white hood for you instead + some change

edit: unless Logan finally decides he wants to sell his, after months of deliberation :rofl:

danlowteg
07-26-2005, 06:37 PM
already have a frost white hood :P so anyone know of good tranny shops in the south???
?

frozenrice
07-26-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by chunger_11
Tein S-Tech lowering springs

Hey Steve, what kind of springs are you thinking of going to? If you want H&R Sports, I'll trade you. I think we changed suspensions at about the same time.

frozenrice
07-26-2005, 07:10 PM
already have a frost white hood :P so anyone know of good tranny shops in the south???
?

How far south? Mr. Transmission seems quite honest.
We had a tranny fluid leak in our other car one time and I took it to this one shop (can't remember the name, but biggest ad in the yellow pages). They told me I needed a whole new tranny and it would cost $2200. I went to Mr Transmission for a second opinion and they said all it was was the gasket on the transmission pan was gone. A tranny tune up for $70 (which includes a new gasket and filter) took care of it all.

freakin
07-26-2005, 07:49 PM
If it's Mr. transmision in Avenida...don't go. They fucked me on a clutch job. It blew up in two weeks and they wouldn't warranty anything. I took it to another shop afterwards who said that the pressure plate was never replaced and the fingers broke off of it.

I'd go to National just across from Chinook. It's basically just behind the Johnny Rocket car wash.

frostyda9
07-26-2005, 07:54 PM
fuck man, did you break a lot of mirrors when you were a kid? I've never seen someone with such bad luck :nut:

frozenrice
07-26-2005, 07:56 PM
Nope. This Mr. Transmission is on Macleod roughly across from Willy's Burgers. You know- they're the ones who Don Cherry pimps for.

danlowteg
07-26-2005, 08:00 PM
If it's Mr. transmision in Avenida...don't go. They fucked me on a clutch job. It blew up in two weeks and they wouldn't warranty anything. I took it to another shop afterwards who said that the pressure plate was never replaced and the fingers broke off of it.

I'd go to National just across from Chinook. It's basically just behind the Johnny Rocket car wash.

hmmm i work in chinook :thumbsup: do you know if there pricing is any good mr. freaking?

danlowteg
07-26-2005, 08:02 PM

:P I have a nice frost white hood for you instead + some change

edit: unless Logan finally decides he wants to sell his, after months of deliberation :rofl:

how much change we talking frosty i might need some money for my new clutch

freakin
07-26-2005, 08:07 PM
fuck man, did you break a lot of mirrors when you were a kid? I've never seen someone with such bad luck :nut:

They were changing owners at the time I had the work done. I had no idea, at the time though. They cheaped out on the parts to pocket the money figuring that would be the end of it. I went back only find new owners with the same name. They offered to give me a discounted rate, but I told them to go fuck themselves if they wouldn't do it for free. If you bought out the shop, I would think you bought the warranty work as well. I had my mechanic do it for dirt cheap because he felt bad for recomending the other shop (he was busy).

Actually, that reminds me....if you're just getting the clutch replaced, check out Minute Muffler on Macleod (behind the fish creek train station). Talk to Jeff, the owner, and tell him that I sent you over there. He'll give you a good rate. I doubt you'll need tranny work unless your syncros were acting up before your problem. It sound like your clutch is slipping like crazy.

PS, I have an ITR flywheel for $150 if you're interested. It's about 5-10lbs lighter than a regular b-series clutch.....I'd have to check the actual weights, but it is significantly lighter.

danlowteg
07-26-2005, 08:30 PM

They were changing owners at the time I had the work done. I had no idea, at the time though. They cheaped out on the parts to pocket the money figuring that would be the end of it. I went back only find new owners with the same name. They offered to give me a discounted rate, but I told them to go fuck themselves if they wouldn't do it for free. If you bought out the shop, I would think you bought the warranty work as well. I had my mechanic do it for dirt cheap because he felt bad for recomending the other shop (he was busy).

Actually, that reminds me....if you're just getting the clutch replaced, check out Minute Muffler on Macleod (behind the fish creek train station). Talk to Jeff, the owner, and tell him that I sent you over there. He'll give you a good rate. I doubt you'll need tranny work unless your syncros were acting up before your problem. It sound like your clutch is slipping like crazy.

PS, I have an ITR flywheel for $150 if you're interested. It's about 5-10lbs lighter than a regular b-series clutch.....I'd have to check the actual weights, but it is significantly lighter.

you might have saved my life freaken. so what should i say freaken sent me??

frozenrice
07-26-2005, 09:19 PM
Anybody got a 17mm 12 point socket (regular or impact) that I can borrow? How about a place that might sell one? I've tried Crappy Tire and Auto Value so far.

danlowteg
07-26-2005, 09:52 PM
im confused i tried some clutch test's like the start in 4th and if you stall your clutch is good. which my car did so i dont know:dunno: i decided to take it to mr. trans see what they say

freakin
07-26-2005, 11:08 PM

Tell Jeff that Matt Eakin sent you. :thumbsup:

freakin
07-26-2005, 11:08 PM

Tell Jeff that Matt Eakin sent you. :thumbsup: