PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2nd Gen Integra Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

frostyda9
08-03-2005, 05:40 PM
Matt...yes, that was Jenn that you met at Race City that one night, good memory :thumbsup:

MTBing, I'm out. My bike is for sale now :(

Moonracer
08-03-2005, 06:43 PM
I be working tomorrow so i'm out.

danlowteg
08-03-2005, 08:58 PM
i have a pocket bike:thumbsup:

frozenrice
08-03-2005, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by freakin
If anyone's interested, I'm going to arrange a group buy on some buttons for aftermarket steering wheels.
http://www.sparcousa.com/psteering_acc.asp?id=335
http://store1.yimg.com/I/shopmomo_1853_22736998
It's a Sparco product that will fit any of these 6-bolt steering wheels.

I'd be interested, but I have yet to find a steering wheel that suits me and the price I wanna pay.

freakin
08-03-2005, 09:18 PM
Check Ebay. I bought 2 wheels with hubs and only paid $80 for everything by the time I had them in my hands. :thumbsup:

Look for a seller called Jhot or J-hot....they're a jdm wrecker and have really good deals on parts. Just make sure you get a shipping quote. My $40 fenders ended up costing me close to $200 by the time I got them.

jaylo
08-03-2005, 09:34 PM
Hey matt, what's going on w/ ur engine? When are you going to piece it together, u still owe me a ride. Make me regret not buying a vtec engine :)

freakin
08-03-2005, 09:38 PM
I finally got the crank for it yesterday and dropped it off at Precise. The told me that they should have everything ready this week or early next week. After that I just need to wait on my rings and bearings to show up then put it together. I'm still hopefull for this month.

What's going on with your boost project?

All of this boost talk has prompted me to think about resleeving my B20 and attaching a hair dryer to it.

gen2teggy
08-03-2005, 09:44 PM
i havent posted inna while...so
hi

seer_claw
08-03-2005, 10:06 PM
I wish that I could have made that meet. :banghead: It really was a bad weekend for me.

Plus hopefully Xpnsve will get the abtegs site up shortly. Our server happens to be prone to crashes. :thumbsdow

frostyda9
08-03-2005, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by seer_claw

Plus hopefully Xpnsve will get the abtegs site up shortly. Our server happens to be prone to crashes. :thumbsdow

It's prone to being painfully slow, as well :whipped:

:rofl:

seer_claw
08-03-2005, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by frostyda9

It's prone to being painfully slow, as well :whipped:

:rofl:

Its actually been a lot better since the site stats were removed as well as some other items that no one looked at. lol

And you have to remember that our traffic has increased dramatically in the last couple of months. For a while there we had no one posting anything. :rofl:

jaylo
08-03-2005, 10:43 PM
I finally got the crank for it yesterday and dropped it off at Precise. The told me that they should have everything ready this week or early next week. After that I just need to wait on my rings and bearings to show up then put it together. I'm still hopefull for this month.

What's going on with your boost project?

All of this boost talk has prompted me to think about resleeving my B20 and attaching a hair dryer to it.

Well as of today, I finally gathered all the parts! And the install is next weekend :)

Just an idea of the setup:

T3 roller bearing turbo .50 a/r compressor .40 a/r exhaust
full-race style legendboy manifold
Bar and plate front mount intercooler
Greddy Type S BOV
2.5" charge piping and downpipe
Fluidyne radiator
DSM 450cc cleaned and balanced injectors
TurboEdit by xenocron!

:bigpimp:

Genjuro
08-03-2005, 11:09 PM
damn nice pics guys.. wish i were there (no matter how imbarassed i would be about my car).
looks like im not coming on the 14th. heading up to sylvan lake for the weekend with the wifey.

what you guys got planned for this sunday?

frozenrice
08-04-2005, 06:43 AM

How bad was the server crash? It's been quite a few days now.
Matt, thanks for the heads up.

gen2teggy
08-04-2005, 06:52 AM
i'll post something uselesss

freakin
08-04-2005, 07:08 AM
I wish that I could have made that meet. :banghead: It really was a bad weekend for me.

So what you're saying is that this isn't normal?

error 500: Interner Serverfehler

Das angegebene Skript konnte nicht fehlerfrei ausgeführt werden!

freakin
08-04-2005, 07:12 AM
In other news, I finally sold my B16 head!! Now I need to unload the rest of the parts to pay for my new tranny (if I ever find one!)

Anyone know of someone looking for a LS tranny or two? If anyone has a d-series tranny, I think Tom would trade them straight up for his YS1. His Civic is messed up.

gen2teggy
08-04-2005, 07:13 AM
im looking for a ls ttrannnyy, but i am kinda low on flow now

frozenrice
08-04-2005, 07:20 AM
Anyone know of someone looking for a LS tranny or two? If anyone has a d-series tranny, I think Tom would trade them straight up for his YS1. His Civic is messed up.

His new Civic's tranny is messed up? That's a fairly new car.
What are you all doing up at this hour anyways? I'm off to work.

freakin
08-04-2005, 08:11 AM
gen2teggy: I'll entertain offers...let me know what you'd want to spend and we can work from there.

Mike: I had to drive my dad early this morning....it's not something I'm hoping to make a habit of. That Civic has something like 40,000KM on it....he seems to think it's a common problem, bent forks or something. Anyhow, that one tranny is his, so he'd be willing to trade it for one that would fit his car just to save some cash.

gen2teggy
08-05-2005, 05:09 AM
how aobut 200? i'll do my ls/vtech later

freakin
08-05-2005, 07:17 AM
hehe, that's half the asking price. I can't do that. Good cable trannys are getting rare. I'm paying $1,000 for my new one. :banghead:

danlowteg
08-05-2005, 08:55 AM
hehe, that's half the asking price. I can't do that. Good cable trannys are getting rare. I'm paying $1,000 for my new one. :banghead:
ooo lots of money :eek: wish i had money :( where do you get money freakin:burnout:

freakin
08-05-2005, 10:37 AM
I get money from my job, saving, being a tight ass with money, loans, doing work on the weekends, etc. Trust me...it's not like I have money pouring out of my pockets. It's just something I'm passionate about at the moment, so most of my money is going in to it. I'm selling off old parts to pay for this new build. If I can't sell my parts, then I don't get a car to drive this year, simple as that. I'm not trying to be a dick with my prices, but I know what they're worth and I know what I have to pay for my new stuff. That tranny I want is hella hard to find, hence the price tag. It's a short geared YS1 w/factory LSD :thumbsup: . Without LSD, a short geared YS1 is still going for 7-8 hundred. You should price out an ITR tranny if you want a shock, lol.

QuasarCav
08-05-2005, 12:06 PM
Well the teg celebrated a milestone.

Driving home from my moms place on Wednesday night she hit 200,000 Kms.

I've put 24,000 on her since December 21st and I still have 4 months left. It will probably be at about 215 by the end of the year. I should be replacing the T-belt around 220,000 but part of me wants the engine to blow so that I can put something new in.:nut:

This weekend I'll most likely put the short shifter in and finish the wheels, after that it's just maintenence for my roadtrip and maybe a set of 1pcs if Mr.loco decides to get back to me.

If anyone wants parts from him I'm trying to oraganize something to drive down to lethbridge and pick up some parts. So let me know and I'm sure something can be figured out.

Speed_Dreams
08-05-2005, 12:29 PM
i would get the timing belt replaced sooner then 220km's but then again if you blow it i have a b20 head sitting in my basement that i will let go for cheap. aswell as a motor in my back yard with tranny that i wanna get rid of

QuasarCav
08-05-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Speed_Dreams
i would get the timing belt replaced sooner then 220km's but then again if you blow it i have a b20 head sitting in my basement that i will let go for cheap. aswell as a motor in my back yard with tranny that i wanna get rid of

I think it's safe considering it was last done at 125,000.

freakin
08-05-2005, 01:46 PM
They're good for 100,000KM. I'd wait considering you're thinking of doing some engine work in the near future. You might as well do it then. Hell, you might even need a different belt if you change something up like the water pump from an 11 tooth to a 9 tooth.

For your wheels have you tried some poly-strippa (I think that's what it's called)? My buddy that took those GS rims from Tom stripped them last night with that stuff. It basically lifts the paint right off the surface. We polished them up afterwards and they look P I M P, pimp :bigpimp:
Looks like a Lexus wheel or Zorro's wheels. Flat and shiny. He thought they were too flashy for a flat black hatch, so he painted them dark grey...still turned out nice though. He used the duplicolor engine paint but I can't remember the color. You should consider just polishing them. Bare alliminum is a little bit of maintenance, but it looks good. I used to run billet wheels on one of my lowrider trucks and loved them. You have to polish them every second carwash or so, but there's not much surface area on your rim, so shouldn't take long. Mine had some intricate patterns machned in to them, so there were a royal bitch to clean. You think I'd learn! Those Motegi rims on my car just as bad to clean brake dust off of.

frostyda9
08-05-2005, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by danlowteg

ooo lots of money :eek: wish i had money :( where do you get money freakin:burnout:
*cough*sellin'*cough*

just jokes man

frozenrice
08-05-2005, 06:08 PM
Anyone ever experience misc. coolant leaks? I've got one right now and was wondering if there are any common problems on the G2 to watch for. I'll be doing a fluids change tomorrow (oil, tranny, and coolant). Parts Source has a sale on now. I got everything I need (thermostat, gasket, rad cap, 4L coolant, 4L distilled water,rad flush, 4L tranny oil, 4L motor oil, oil filter) for under $80.00. Go to Mr Lube for a coolant flush alone and its already $70.

freakin
08-05-2005, 06:50 PM
I used to loose coolant all the time and couldn't figure it out. When we pulled me my motor we found it:

http://members.shaw.ca/matteakin/acura/B20/brokenrad.jpg

Looks like the inlet was cracked and judging by the green mess down the fins, it was leaking for a while. I never noticed any drips, and just had to top it up once a month or so. You should see if you can borrow a presure tester from a parts store. It's basically a pump that mounts on to where the rad cap would go and allows you to presurize the cooling system without getting it hot. Just see if it holds pressure. If the pressure is dropping, the do a visual inspection for drips and leaks. The kits usually come with an attachment to test the rad cap as well. You should do it before you start flushing out the cooling system. If you find a leak, you may potentially be draining the fluid to fix it.

frozenrice
08-06-2005, 01:57 PM
Thanks for tip Matt. I started today and it just gets worse. I found a torn CV boot and I'm not sure how long it's been like that so I'm gathering that its been like that long enough that it might be time for a new drive shaft. I also noticed the joint where the top part of the tank is attached to the fins is wet. I suspect that that MAY be where it's leaking. Funny thing is that I only get puddles of coolant occasionally instead of constant drips so I'm not 100% conviced that's the problem for sure. I'll try a new rad cap and see if that's the problem cause I'm also noticing that the A/C doesn't blow as cold as it should. I just had it recharged last year.

danlowteg
08-06-2005, 06:02 PM
took some night shots :D
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/danlowteg/blockbust.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/danlowteg/night2.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/danlowteg/night1.jpg
My Fav
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/danlowteg/wheel.jpg
To bad i forgot my tripod or would have had some nice shots

Speed_Dreams
08-06-2005, 08:02 PM
nice shots.

So no one wants a motor for like dirt cheap? with tranny and starter??

anyone want a set of GS seats that need the drivers side bolster replaced?? i will give them to you!!!

freakin
08-06-2005, 09:16 PM
Mike, I wish you luck....if you're seeing a leak at the top, then I might be to core separating from the the rad. Pretty common on a car as old as ours. My new rad was about $150.

Danlow, Nice shots....looks like Canyon Meadows BB.

Drew, I'd take the motor and tranny, but I have enough stuff like that lying around. Let me know if you're in dire need to unload it. I really don't have room or cash for it...but if you really need to get rid of it, I can't turn that down. :D

You should give your seats to gen2teggy. He needs a set. Then tell him to give me his APC seat. ;)

Anyone every took apart a distributor from an Accord? I have my girlfriend's out and I'm trying to replace the coil, but I can't get the rotor out. It's a F22A1, if that helps. The B-series dizzy's have a screw holding the rotor on to the shaft, but I can't see anything like that or even a clip on this one.

danlowteg
08-06-2005, 09:20 PM
Danlow, Nice shots....looks like Canyon Meadows BB.

oooo good guess. I live right next to it so it was nice and close

freakin
08-06-2005, 09:25 PM
You must live damn close to me then. I'm right by the Fish Creek train station. I don't think I've ever seen your teg around though.

frozenrice
08-06-2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by danlowteg

oooo good guess. I live right next to it so it was nice and close

You must live on Bonaventure Drive (???) I gather. That's where all the houses back onto that road where Agrium, Advantage Ford, etc are. I thought the location of your earlier pictures looked familiar.

frozenrice
08-07-2005, 12:19 PM
Anybody know what the telltale signs that your head gasket is going? I'm thinking through and I'm wondering if my coolant loss, oil loss and moisture coming out my tailpipe is a sign that the head gasket is gone. No smoking exhaust to speak of from what people have told me though so far. Suggestions?

freakin
08-07-2005, 02:50 PM
Look for coolant in your oil, or oil in your coolant. Check your plugs.....um, leak down test.

After that I'm out of ideas.

danlowteg
08-07-2005, 03:00 PM
well because city of calgary is fricken dumb one of my tires has blown up. arnt the workers on the road suppose to put bright colors on manhole sticking up on the road:whipped: guess not:( so looks like ill be rolling my winters to the meet

frozenrice
08-07-2005, 08:40 PM
that sucks man. Hopefully you didn't damage the rim. I think you can call the city and if you can prove that your tire went flat because of the manhole, they may compensate you.

Vick7
08-07-2005, 09:24 PM
whats up guyz i was just wondering if n e one has headlightz or clear corners they are selling sum fuck hit my left headlight with a bad and fucked it all up..lemme know please

kyle

Moonracer
08-08-2005, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by frozenrice
Anybody know what the telltale signs that your head gasket is going? I'm thinking through and I'm wondering if my coolant loss, oil loss and moisture coming out my tailpipe is a sign that the head gasket is gone. No smoking exhaust to speak of from what people have told me though so far. Suggestions?

ya like matt said, have it pressure tested for leaks in the cooling system. I had a leak when I first got my car and couldn't for the life of me figure out where it was coming from. It would only leak when under pressure (running). So I took it in and had it pressure tested and it was some small little hose down below somewhere. Here's a photo, ignore the rotor, coil and ignighter...lol

Moonracer
08-08-2005, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Vick7
whats up guyz i was just wondering if n e one has headlightz or clear corners they are selling sum fuck hit my left headlight with a bad and fucked it all up..lemme know please

kyle

Hey kyle and welcome! :D
hmm I know I have a spare passenger side headlight but I'll have to check for the drivers side. I might have my old one although it has a small hole in it from a rock and still works just fine. If I do have it it's yours if you want it for dirt cheap.

QuasarCav
08-08-2005, 08:32 AM
I'm back!

The weekend was pretty good, I changed two axles on a 90 civic, It's a pretty easy job but the bolts are on there hard and a breaker bar is a must. If anyone needs an axle changed let me know, I'll do it for parts.

I have 3 of the 4 wheels polished, it looks great. My fingers have a nice sheen on them for being in contact with paint thinner for hours.

freakin
08-08-2005, 11:45 AM
Where did you go? I have some alluminum polish leftover if you want to try it out. You hands will be black when you're done, but it works really well.

danlowteg
08-08-2005, 04:50 PM
Ok guys i did it i saved up a whole 15 dollars and got some new spoon wheels:bigpimp:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/danlowteg/spoonie1.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/danlowteg/spoonie2.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/danlowteg/spoonie3.jpg

Thats right 15 dollars what a steal ay :angel:

zuhalter
08-08-2005, 05:33 PM
Hey guys, its been a bit since I've last posted. To be brief, has anyone ever had a bolt head snap off on them, ideally the one that connects the lower control arm to the bottom of the strut in the rear:eek: ? I am changing the springs on my car, and got the fronts on with no problems.

I've done some research and discovered this to be a common problem. From what I gather at this point I think the bushing is fused with the bolt, so minimum cost is 8 bucks for the bolt and 30 bucks for a bushing. As for right now, I for the life of me cannot get the rest of the bolt out :guns: . My buddy is coming over right away and we are going to try to hammer it out with a pike or see if cutting it is an option, but we don't have many more tools such as a torch or a saw made for that. Drilling is another option, which seems to be a lot of work to do. I don't think its safe to drive it like this to a shop if I can't fix it, and I don't see how they could tow it out of my garage without basically ruining the front of my car since it is low. So it may have to sit in my garage until I can fix it.

If/once we get the rest of the bolt out I still need to replace it. Acura says to get a new lower control arm for 130 bucks that has the bushings and replace the whole thing. I've read that people don't have to do this, and can get away with just changing the parts needed.

I'm not sure but this seems to say it better than words: :banghead: :banghead:

So any help would be most appreciated, my buddy will be here shortly and I am throwing a wireless card into my laptop and bringing it into the garage with us in hopes that you guys can offer any help whatsoever :love: Tnx guys...

frozenrice
08-08-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
If anyone needs an axle changed let me know, I'll do it for parts.

I don't know what parts that I have that you'd be interested in, but I'm seriously thinking about taking you up on the offer since I now know that I have a torn CV boot.
I'm starting to think this weekend might be out for me. I finally found the coolant leak. After I changed out the coolant, cap and thermostat I didn't see any leaking after a quick test run so I thought everything was okay. Only after driving to work this morning and seeing steam coming from under the hood did I do a closer check. Just as I suspected, it is the top of the radiator.

Anybody up to changing a rad Friday/Saturday in order to help me make it out Sunday?

freakin
08-08-2005, 11:19 PM
zuhalter, if it's just the shock bolt that's messed up, I'd say that you could drive that to a shop without worrying about it....just drive carfully, but I'm just guessing. Can you take a pic of the car and post it....it's hard to get an idea of the problem without seeing it. You'll likely have to burn out the bushing and replace it. You might want to consider replacing all of them considering the age of the vehicle. Call Mopac and get a quote on the Energy Suspension polyurethane bushing kit for you car. It should have the LCA bushings as well as just about any other one you might need for the car. If it turns out that you need to tow it, you could flatbed it. Crazy Cooter's towing is really good with lowered cars but costs about $80....so might not be worthwhile for you.

Mike, I'll help you out this weekend if you like. We can get the rad swapped out in an hour or so...it's really easy.

I'm going to be carless this Sunday. Is someone willing to let me ride shotgun? I'll be armed with a camera and something else that will piss everyone else off.....I promise it'll be fun!! :devil: :thumbsup:

gen2teggy
08-09-2005, 03:39 AM
there is a meet on sunday? god damnit i never kno anything
oh n i need cv's!

QuasarCav
08-09-2005, 08:22 AM

I don't know what parts that I have that you'd be interested in, but I'm seriously thinking about taking you up on the offer since I now know that I have a torn CV boot.
I'm starting to think this weekend might be out for me. I finally found the coolant leak. After I changed out the coolant, cap and thermostat I didn't see any leaking after a quick test run so I thought everything was okay. Only after driving to work this morning and seeing steam coming from under the hood did I do a closer check. Just as I suspected, it is the top of the radiator.

Anybody up to changing a rad Friday/Saturday in order to help me make it out Sunday?

Anytime you are interested man, just PM me and we'll figure something out. Your looking at about 85 per axle and 10 for the tranny seal that likes to leak.

I saw a b18 rad in the marketplace for like $50.

Moonracer
08-09-2005, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by gen2teggy
there is a meet on sunday? god damnit i never kno anything
oh n i need cv's!

lol dude you posted twice in the cruise thread already so you must have just forgot.

Moonracer
08-09-2005, 08:43 AM
Well I got something new for my car before the big cruise......A new windshield!!! I know, I know but I'm excited cause I can see out it really good now :rofl:

freakin
08-09-2005, 10:28 AM
I'll just bring wallet sized pics of my new motor and my car to hand out to everyone. I'll try to make 'vroom vroom' sounds while you're looking at them....that's the best I can do.

Dave's graciously offered to let me ride with him. Let the mayhem ensue!

zuhalter
08-09-2005, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the reply freakin. We ended up picking up a junior hacksaw for about $3 bucks and some blades for another $1 and cut through the bushing and bolt in 2 different places. We got the bottom of the strut loose from the LCA and will worry about pounding/burning the rest of the bushing out later. We are kind of at a standstill because it seems that we cannot get the arm low enough to remove the strut. Is there a bolt that might be considered "safe" to try to remove? We are pretty paranoid about another bolt snapping because sawing through that was not easy. I'm stopping by acura and picking up a new bolt and bushing on my way home tonight.

freakin
08-09-2005, 10:50 AM
I'd think if you have the top two bolts of the strut taken out and the bottom one removed, you should be able to work it out of there as long as the suspension isn't loaded. If not, then you'd have to open up one of the ball joints or remove the outside bolt from the LCA where it meets the rear spindle and trailing arm. Either way should allow you to pull the LCA down enough to pull the strut out.

Also, where are the pics of those rims I sold you!??! I want to see how they turned out. :bigpimp:

zuhalter
08-09-2005, 11:06 AM
Lol forgot about the pics for the rims ahah. I think they turned out nice, but I ended up bending one a bit from a massive pothole :cry: . Alberta Wheel Repair wouldn't even touch it because it was powder coated, they claimed it reduced the strength by half. I have a few ideas that should get it back to decent, because it isn't really that bad. I'll see what I can do about the pics, my main focus is getting my car back on the road.

Another question I thought up, just for after I get the springs in, do the wheels that are on a car make a difference when you get it aligned? I'd prefer to take it in on my factory ones so they don't scratch the rims, but I've never had an alignment so I don't know but I know I am going to need one.

freakin
08-09-2005, 12:08 PM
I've heard both....some say it matters, some don't. I would think that all wheels would sit true to the hub, so in theory any wheel would sit at the same angle keeping the suspension geometry the same as well. I'm sure someone will disagree with that though. I've never cared as long as the wheels weren't all mangled up, it should be fine. I was alligned on my 14's and everything seems good on my 17's.

FYI, I've had good experiences with Tirecraft by the Back Alley for allignments. They had a couple of camber kits in stock, so there wasn't any waiting to get my car done. Also, they understand that lowered cars can cause wierd allignment issues (like requiring camber kits) that other shops just don't want to touch.

If you get the car done this week, you should come out for the cruise on sunday.

Genjuro
08-09-2005, 12:37 PM
hey anyone know of a good place and not that expensive to get an wheel alignment?

QuasarCav
08-09-2005, 12:40 PM
Cruise on Sunday?

Have I been that high lately that I dont remember it?

As for an Alignment, I hear the chop on Mcleod in the Chinook centre parking lot is the favorite.

Genjuro
08-09-2005, 12:43 PM
kal tire?

Moonracer
08-09-2005, 12:54 PM
Cruise on Sunday?

Have I been that high lately that I dont remember it?

As for an Alignment, I hear the chop on Mcleod in the Chinook centre parking lot is the favorite.

lol ya buddy you too have posted in the cruise thread.

*****REMINDER TO ALL!*****
G2 cruise on sunday, here's the thread (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92939) in case you forgot or missed it. :poosie:

freakin
08-09-2005, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Genjuro
hey anyone know of a good place and not that expensive to get an wheel alignment?

Lol, look at my post directly above yours. Tirecraft is really good. Count on an expensive allignment if you camber is bad. Once you've bought the camber kit, you won't have to pay for it or the install next time. I think my last allignment cost a little over $200. But now they'll only cost the usual $60-80

Genjuro
08-09-2005, 01:53 PM
heh oops...
holy crap thats expensive. what is the camber kit...?
well i dont know if i need an alignment cause it drives straight, just lots of shaking of the steering wheel.

QuasarCav
08-09-2005, 01:55 PM
Thats probably your brakes man.

What Freakin is trying to say is if your car is lowered and you need a camber kit to properly align it then you are paying 200 for the install and alignment. Since you have the camber kit installed it will only cost big the first time.

Wheel shaking while braking = rotors

Pulling to different sides while braking = alignment

freakin
08-09-2005, 02:07 PM
Yep, you got it. The big initial cost is to correct the geometry changes you introduce by lowering your car. If it's still stock height, then this likely won't apply to you. Mind you, if you do lower your car, I STRONGLY recomend an allignment unless you want to buy new tires in a few months.

Pulling to the side when braking would still be a brake issue....it will happen when one side is braking harder than the other...usually a seized caliper. Now if it pulls without being on the brakes, then it's allignment. :angel:

zuhalter
08-09-2005, 02:10 PM
Oh goodie, then I needed an allignment anyways :nut:

stevieo
08-09-2005, 05:30 PM
SOMEONE BUY MY RIMS!! 400 dollars! I NEED TO PAY MY BILLS! and if I have extra, I will get something for my car...like a wash!

Genjuro
08-09-2005, 08:33 PM
lol thanks for the info guys but it shakes without the braking... just driving normally.

my braking issue is caused by my rotors but thats a different story.. quasar probably remembers what im talking about.

anyways thanks freakin.

rey_mysterio
08-09-2005, 08:45 PM
i kind of have the same problem with the steering wheel shaking . . i hit the side of a curb las winter(driverside and ever since its been shaking when accelerating .. . i even changed the driveshalfts on that side and still i get shaking through my steering wheel. it doesnt do it when i brake .. . . does anyone have any ideas??? :(

frostyda9
08-09-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by rey_mysterio
does anyone have any ideas??? :(

be more careful while winter e-brake drifting :D

rey_mysterio
08-09-2005, 09:06 PM
thx for tha help .. . i was actually on the phone and lost control. . . :drool: seriously what should i try. . . i have got an alignment changed the driveshalft changed wheels.. . .im thinking maybe a rotor,hub. . it only does it when i accelerate or going over 80 it sarts to shift to the left by itself. . .

jaylo
08-09-2005, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Moonracer

lol ya buddy you too have posted in the cruise thread.

*****REMINDER TO ALL!*****
G2 cruise on sunday, here's the thread (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92939) in case you forgot or missed it. :poosie:

I'm not gonna be able to make it this year again :( The car is going to the shop for the project :(

Moonracer
08-10-2005, 02:17 AM
^^ Damn you :guns: ^^

Genjuro
08-10-2005, 11:18 AM
it only does it when i accelerate or going over 80 it sarts to shift to the left by itself. . .

yeah its weird hey... same thing to me... lol

QuasarCav
08-10-2005, 11:24 AM
Tire pressure can make a huge difference. If I inflate over 40psi it feels like I'm driving on air. Under 25 psi it feels like I'm driving on wet rags.

Speed_Dreams
08-10-2005, 12:36 PM
Well guys at 10pm last night something happened and it will make me gone from the G2 crowd forever....well maybe not forever :poosie: I bought a 92 240sx with an SR20 swap in it. its soooo much fun. I won't be driving it till i get new tires on it but untill then i still have the teg. just thought i would say if you guys need any of my help or anything i will be willing to lend a hand. i have torn apart these cars so i pretty much know them. just let me know :thumbsup:

rey_mysterio
08-10-2005, 05:49 PM
i could use some help. . .

frostyda9
08-10-2005, 05:51 PM
i could use some help. . .

www.g2ic.com Without a doubt, whatever your problem is, it has been addressed there at one time or another. Start searching and look for some ideas....

stevieo
08-11-2005, 12:43 AM
will see you guys sunday! yay!! unless somethign goes horriablly wrong..which i don't want to jynx.

zuhalter
08-11-2005, 07:59 AM
Finally done with the lowering. I ended up getting the lower control arm off and taking in to silverhill. A guy in the back took it and punched out the old bushing and punched in the new one for free :clap: :bigpimp: So I took it home and slapped it together :D The other side's bolt never broke off, the only thing different I did was spray more liquid wrench and wait longer.

Pics will ensue as soon as I find some batteries for my camera.

freakin
08-11-2005, 08:44 AM
Ohhh, something I should've mentioned earlier....go buy some anti-seize compound and coat the LCA bolts, nuts and sleeves. It'll make your life a lot easier next time you want to remove them. If the last person in there did that, you wouldn't have had all of these problems.

So, I got some more bling for my car. I didn't way to pay +$200 for JDM moldings. They're almost impossible to find for a 4-door anyhow, so I bought these GSR peices for $30 (Just need to paint them black): :bigpimp:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/matteakin/acura/New_Toys/gsr%20moldings.jpg

zuhalter
08-11-2005, 08:49 AM
I'd say 6 or 7hp gain, but I'd get it dyno'ed just to check after you install those. :burnout:

1RaZoR1
08-11-2005, 07:07 PM
For all you G2 riders selling my VIS carbon fiber hood $350.

- Or $275 and ill trade my carbon fiber hood for your stock 90-93 integra hood only condition the hood has to be white in color and decent shape.

frozenrice
08-11-2005, 07:35 PM
Dave here's your chance. This was the guy I was telling you about.

QuasarCav
08-12-2005, 11:44 AM
I dont want to shit all over anyones FS thread but WTF is up with prices of G2's in the marketplace?

I would figure that a G2 GSR with low kms in perfect condition may fetch 8000 at the top end.

How does a 91 or 90 car come even close to that number? and the worst part is people are interested in cars at these prices.

I love to see that G2's hold a good price because I own one and resale is always nice but if something happened that would cause me to sell my car I would list it at 6K and probably take 5500.

Here is my opinion on what the G2's should cost, based on the average car.

90 - as low as 1500 to 3500 in perfect shape with under 200K

91- 2000 - 3750

92 - 2500 to 6000 (GSR)

93 3000 to 8000 (GSR)

Anyone else with me?

Moonracer
08-12-2005, 12:28 PM
I think it's a case of these guys trying to get the cost of their mods back. But as we all know you don't get jack for the extra mods which shows cause they haven't sold yet.

Speed_Dreams
08-12-2005, 02:05 PM
I dont want to shit all over anyones FS thread but WTF is up with prices of G2's in the marketplace?

I would figure that a G2 GSR with low kms in perfect condition may fetch 8000 at the top end.

How does a 91 or 90 car come even close to that number? and the worst part is people are interested in cars at these prices.

I love to see that G2's hold a good price because I own one and resale is always nice but if something happened that would cause me to sell my car I would list it at 6K and probably take 5500.

Here is my opinion on what the G2's should cost, based on the average car.

90 - as low as 1500 to 3500 in perfect shape with under 200K

91- 2000 - 3750

92 - 2500 to 6000 (GSR)

93 3000 to 8000 (GSR)

Anyone else with me?

Would you wanna sell your car for $2500?? hell no. these cars aren't sunfires and cavaliers they hold there value. I bought my car 2 years ago STOCK with under 200km's on it for $5400 that puts it in your 93 catagory I think your dreaming on the prices. Prices are driven by the market. if no one wants your car you will have to sweeten the deal by lowering your price. thats my $0.02

QuasarCav
08-12-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Speed_Dreams

Would you wanna sell your car for $2500?? hell no. these cars aren't sunfires and cavaliers they hold there value. I bought my car 2 years ago STOCK with under 200km's on it for $5400 that puts it in your 93 catagory I think your dreaming on the prices. Prices are driven by the market. if no one wants your car you will have to sweeten the deal by lowering your price. thats my $0.02

I bought my car STOCK 6 months ago with 175 for 5400!!! It's a 1993 with no problems whatsoever and the body/interior are nearly flawless.

I've put about 1500 into maintenence and a few tasteful mods and If I were to sell it today..... 5500.

I do agree however that you should try for the highest price possible but when I see a 91 for over 7 grand my head shakes.

freakin
08-12-2005, 02:15 PM
Your estimates are a little on the low side, but I don't think they're that far off. For the most part our G2's are in pretty good shape and we keep them up, so we'd be on the higher end of those numbers. We all paid a premium for our cars just to ensure that we got ones in good shape. I don't think this is worth getting bent out of shape about. We all know what our cars are worth and what we could realistically get for them. If the right person came around, I could get 10,000 for my car (assuming the new motor was in), but to the average person, It's a 13 year old sedan that some kid has played with......that usually lowers the value in their eyes.

On the other side of this is that GSR I saw a couple of weeks ago...just shitbagged. I could've got it cheap because that person didn't have the same love affair for these cars as we do.

I guess what I'm saying is that value is relative. To some people our cars are worth the money and to some they aren't.

QuasarCav
08-12-2005, 02:18 PM
I don't think this is worth getting bent out of shape about.

Everything is worth getting bent out of shape over. A guy cut me off yesterday and I was in the bathtub with blades ready to meet Jesus.

Just a shitty day I guess.

:devil:

freakin
08-12-2005, 02:23 PM
Lewis needs a hug. :love:

J/K Give me a call tomorrow and we'll see if we can't get that short shifter installed. Tonight I'm booked up with helping Mike out with his rad.

http://home.comcast.net/~joxjagdvd/joxjagdvd/radcover1.jpg

QuasarCav
08-12-2005, 02:35 PM
I've got a date with shakespeare tomorrow. I think I'll hold off on the shifter until after vancouver. This weekend Is all about oil changes and buffing.

I bought a random orbit polish thingy so that I can obsess over my car 4 inches at a time.

And you know what that means.....

frostyda9
08-12-2005, 08:37 PM
Dave here's your chance. This was the guy I was telling you about.

Hmm tempting. Price is a little high with trade though, IMO. My hood is in EXCELLENT shape, but maybe we could work something out 1RaZoR1.

Also.... Jaylo was that you on McKnight right around 52nd St. tonight at about 5? Shaved rear emblems and some gauges on the pillar that resemble the one in your av?

91 integra rs
08-12-2005, 08:51 PM
hey ya'll been in calgary for about a month now, never seen so many 2nd gen tegs in a single town:eek:

i am pissed that i had to leave mine back home

here's my 91 teg

http://ca.geocities.com/dreflare/THEteg.jpg

jaylo
08-13-2005, 08:35 AM
Yes I was! I've been running around all week for my project :) w/c will be done this weekend hopefully :burnout:

Originally posted by frostyda9

Hmm tempting. Price is a little high with trade though, IMO. My hood is in EXCELLENT shape, but maybe we could work something out 1RaZoR1.

Also.... Jaylo was that you on McKnight right around 52nd St. tonight at about 5? Shaved rear emblems and some gauges on the pillar that resemble the one in your av?

jaylo
08-13-2005, 08:45 AM
somebody help me out I need to get rid of these parts

OEM Koyo radiator is up for sale

The Greddy Stainless Steel header will be soon!

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90175

freakin
08-13-2005, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by 91 integra rs
hey ya'll been in calgary for about a month now, never seen so many 2nd gen tegs in a single town:eek:

i am pissed that i had to leave mine back home

here's my 91 teg

http://ca.geocities.com/dreflare/THEteg.jpg

Looks like it was in great shape! Do you still own it? If not, there are a few in great shape for sale in town. Come out tomorrow and meet the crew if you're interested.

Jay, all I can say is....CRAP!! Mike and I just replaced his rad last night. Definately could have used it. Oh well. Do you have some pics of the header, especially some of it installed? How does it fit under the oil pan? Headers are a bitch to fit on our cars, so if it fits well, that should be a good selling point. My header is a bit dinged up from hanging so damn low, but it's a 4-1.