PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2nd Gen Integra Thread



Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

gen2teggy
09-02-2005, 04:37 AM
lets go on a cruse

91VTEG
09-02-2005, 10:58 AM
well im picking my car up 2 day from the shop so i will post some pics of my new upgrades asap :thumbsup:

danlowteg
09-02-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Moonracer
The new ride!
http://www.pbase.com/image/48585312/original.jpg

Nice just like my other car but 4dr. whatever you do don not put coilovers on the car if your gonna lower it.

91VTEG
09-02-2005, 04:39 PM
ok i will get more pics in a bit kinda busy right now
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/marcomolinari/cfleb.jpg
:thumbsup:

freakin
09-02-2005, 04:55 PM
^^^ carbon hatch?

frozenrice
09-02-2005, 07:03 PM
danlow, whatcha doin in my hood? Tried honking at you but no good. see you got your rims back on.

suspension noise seems to have been solved. took it in to have looked at and it appears everything was tight, but the bushings were a bit dried out. they lubed up all the bushings and the noise is gone now. I'm glad that's all it was, but I'm choked that they charged me $43.00 for a can of lube that I have sitting in my garage.

Genjuro
09-02-2005, 07:44 PM
frozen, thats all it was?? weird...
for me the sound is coming back.
------------------------------
one piece vs projectors??

i need a new set..

danlowteg
09-02-2005, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
danlow, whatcha doin in my hood? Tried honking at you but no good. see you got your rims back on.

which ones? right now i have the ones you sold me and i painted the lips ill get pics soon:thumbsup:

frozenrice
09-02-2005, 08:28 PM
Since the car was at stock height for most of it's life, the bushings "remembered" their shape. Once lowered it, everything kinda moves and now the bushings have to "relearn" the new positions. At least this is the way the mechanic explained it. He said that it may not be a cure all and that they may need to be relubed again in the future until the bushings are moulded to the new settings or are replaced.

frozenrice
09-02-2005, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by danlowteg

which ones? right now i have the ones you sold me and i painted the lips ill get pics soon:thumbsup:

You were in Westhills this afternoon right? haha those were my old steelies? didn't recognize them since you were moving. looked like your 18's.

danlowteg
09-02-2005, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice


You were in Westhills this afternoon right? haha those were my old steelies? didn't recognize them since you were moving. looked like your 18's.

lol serious thats sweet. and yah we were in westhills me and the wifie went for some dinner

91VTEG
09-03-2005, 01:06 AM
yeah i just got carbon fibre hatch and carbon fibre hood as well i will get more pics up soon
and we should have another meet soon cause my car is back finally

stevieo
09-03-2005, 12:56 PM
Vteg, how much was the carbon fibre hatch and hood?
where'd you get them from?

I want!!

freakin
09-03-2005, 02:35 PM
Give me a couple weeks for the meet....I'm just about ready to roll. Motor's being assembled this weekend. Looking to have it in the shop to be dropped in for next weekend, then tune the week after that. *holds breath*

91VTEG
09-03-2005, 03:09 PM
hatch was 800
hood was 500
and i got all the parts from speedtech and i also got new paint on the roof but intotal for every thing installed/ labour was around 3 grand

stevieo
09-03-2005, 03:21 PM
gone with the two tone black roof, c/f hatch/hood combo?
can't wait to see it dude, must look good.

91VTEG
09-03-2005, 03:25 PM
i was thinking about it for a long time, but i decided not too
but heres some more pics
all i need now is some gunmetal rims

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/marcomolinari/cf12.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/marcomolinari/cf3.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/marcomolinari/cf2.jpg

jaylo
09-03-2005, 03:46 PM
nice 91vteg, u should also get the FAL window :)

anyways this is my shameless plug of parts I want to get rid off, pls help a brotha out :thumbsup:

valve cover
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100337

parts
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=1074532#post1074532

header
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=98996

intake
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100340

thx guys!

Moonracer
09-03-2005, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by danlowteg
Nice just like my other car but 4dr. whatever you do don not put coilovers on the car if your gonna lower it. [/B]

You have a two door do ya? What year? I would probly to with springs and koni yellows again! :thumbsup:

danlowteg
09-04-2005, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Moonracer


You have a two door do ya? What year? I would probly to with springs and koni yellows again! :thumbsup:

Make sure to get the springs these cars know how to bounce
. Also mine is a 2001 SI'G so differnt front end

Moonracer
09-04-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by danlowteg
Make sure to get the springs these cars know how to bounce
. Also mine is a 2001 SI'G so differnt front end [/B]

We were looking at getting the SI-G but there isn't any left in calgary and no other dealerships would give one up. I'm glad we didn't find one cause I'm really liking the 4 doors.

frozenrice
09-04-2005, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Moonracer
I'm glad we didn't find one cause I'm really liking the 4 doors.

haha, admit it Sandino, you've been secretly envying our (Matt, Logan and mine) DBs......

freakin
09-04-2005, 11:36 PM
4 doors > 2 doors, everyone knows that. :poosie:

Team_Mclaren
09-04-2005, 11:39 PM
does anyone have you has a spare pass side front lower control arm somewhere? I need one ASAP please.

thanks

Moonracer
09-05-2005, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by frozenrice
haha, admit it Sandino, you've been secretly envying our (Matt, Logan and mine) DBs...... [/B]

hehe ya well not exactly. I just figure for our main daily driver it's better. When I get another car hopfully next year it will undoubtably be a two door with no extras. Maybe another G2 teg or civic, crx. :dunno:

bigbadboss101
09-06-2005, 12:21 PM
Hey I have had my 91 GS 4 door for about 3 weeks now. Gave it a nice wash, polish, seal (Klasse) and it looks good. I am looking to get some maintenace work done and don't want to DIY. Can you recommend a shop to change the tranny fluid, coolant change etc?

QuasarCav
09-06-2005, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101
Hey I have had my 91 GS 4 door for about 3 weeks now. Gave it a nice wash, polish, seal (Klasse) and it looks good. I am looking to get some maintenace work done and don't want to DIY. Can you recommend a shop to change the tranny fluid, coolant change etc?


Why not DYI?

I'll do everything you need for cheap.

seer_claw
09-06-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101
Hey I have had my 91 GS 4 door for about 3 weeks now. Gave it a nice wash, polish, seal (Klasse) and it looks good. I am looking to get some maintenace work done and don't want to DIY. Can you recommend a shop to change the tranny fluid, coolant change etc?

Nothing is easier than a little bit of DIY on your car. They are easy to work on and the tranny fluid and coolant changes are increadibly easy to do. I'm sure some of the other gus can help you out more. :thumbsup:

bigbadboss101
09-06-2005, 03:24 PM
Is the Helms manual the one to get? I heard Haynes isn't that great for this car. Would the Acura dealer carry such manual? I guess I can read up and do the manual tranny fluid, coolant changes myself. OEM Honda fluids are the way to go?

QuasarCav
09-06-2005, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101
Is the Helms manual the one to get? I heard Haynes isn't that great for this car. Would the Acura dealer carry such manual? I guess I can read up and do the manual tranny fluid, coolant changes myself. OEM Honda fluids are the way to go?


The service manual is the one you want, some searching on G2ic yielded the full manual, It's 41MB and chock full of honda goodness.

The fluids are debatable, I used Synchromesh and I wont go back, really quick smooth shifting but it's about 10/Litre.

With oil it's really personal opinion, so many people will tell you different ideas that it's really up to you what you use. I just switched to regular 10w30 and it works fine. I find that synthetic isn't really justifiable and you can swap out your oil more often with regular oil.

frostyda9
09-06-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101
Is the Helms manual the one to get? I heard Haynes isn't that great for this car. Would the Acura dealer carry such manual? I guess I can read up and do the manual tranny fluid, coolant changes myself. OEM Honda fluids are the way to go?

Like Quasar, I went with Synchromesh as well. The only thing I'll mention is: if you change the MTF and the car isn't on a hoist, you'll need to rig up some sort of device to fill it. It fills on a horizontal plane, but is only accesible from above.

The Haynes isn't a bad manual, IMO. Helms is much more in depth, but for basic routine maintenance, the Haynes is fine.

frozenrice
09-06-2005, 06:36 PM
I posted a link to the download for the Helms here before, but do you think I can find it?:banghead: :banghead: If you can't find the link, I can burn a copy for you. If anyone asks, you didn't get it from me.

As for the fluid changes, if you don't mind paying a little more, I used to go to Mr Lube for convenience (in/out-no waiting). Now that I have a garage, I'm starting to do them myself.

freakin
09-07-2005, 01:03 AM
Another option for an online manual is the Autozone manual:
http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/1a/b5/0d/0900823d801ab50d.jsp


So, I'm just about done being an hermit in my garage. Let me know if you guys need parts....I have tons. If you thought I was bad with parts before, check this shit out:

3 YS1 cable trannys (2 long geared and one short), My B18C bottom end and my cracked B20 in the back:
http://www.members.shaw.ca/matteakin/acura/tannystrannystrannys.jpg

My new B18A (keeping it as a spare in case my new motor doesn't turn out like I planned):
http://members.shaw.ca/matteakin/acura/newb18a.jpg

danlowteg
09-07-2005, 05:08 PM
ok guys time for some danlowteg sellage. before i make a thread FOR SALE: 90-93 integra Carbon Fiber Hood looking for 370 OBO. Also 90- 91 Wings West Rear Bumper full urethane 160 OBO. that or looking to trade for a 92-93 OEM bumper:thumbsup:

frostyda9
09-07-2005, 05:22 PM
Is it a VIS hood?

Moonracer
09-07-2005, 05:31 PM
DIBS!!!!


Oh ya no teg anymore.....:drama:

frostyda9
09-07-2005, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Moonracer
DIBS!!!!


Oh ya no teg anymore.....:drama:

Go start a Civic thread, you sellout :poosie:























;) :D

Moonracer
09-07-2005, 05:45 PM
That hurt man....:cry:

:angel:

Speed_Dreams
09-07-2005, 06:00 PM
Does anyone need some poly bushings for there cars? i bought a hyper-flex system for my teg when i still had it and now i forgot to give it to the guy that bought the car. still has all the control arm and steering bushings but no shock/shifter bushings

$50

freakin
09-07-2005, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by danlowteg
ok guys time for some danlowteg sellage. before i make a thread FOR SALE: 90-93 integra Carbon Fiber Hood looking for 370 OBO. Also 90- 91 Wings West Rear Bumper full urethane 160 OBO. that or looking to trade for a 92-93 OEM bumper:thumbsup:

Are you looking for a 92-93 rear or front bumper? I have a rear if you need one (it has that nice lip on the bottom of it). It has a couple of scratches on it, but it's black, so you'd have to paint it anyhow. No cracks or dents. Let me know if you want it. I have no need for your WW bumper though.


Originally posted by Speed_Dreams
Does anyone need some poly bushings for there cars? i bought a hyper-flex system for my teg when i still had it and now i forgot to give it to the guy that bought the car. still has all the control arm and steering bushings but no shock/shifter bushings

$50

I'll likely take it. Hit me up on MSN or PM me with a list of what's left in the kit.


Does anyone need a hatch? I'll let it go for cheap. It has the glass, wiper, tint, etc. Black as well.

Moonracer
09-07-2005, 06:52 PM
Teg rims for sale! ;)
Clicky for link (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100825)

freakin
09-07-2005, 06:57 PM
Sandino, did you get rid of both cars already? Do you still have the shift linkage from that tranny I sold you?

How's the Civic treating you?

Moonracer
09-07-2005, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by freakin
Sandino, did you get rid of both cars already? Do you still have the shift linkage from that tranny I sold you?

How's the Civic treating you?

ah yes, yes and great! :thumbsup:

bigbadboss101
09-07-2005, 09:46 PM
Hey any of you with Tegs want to keep in touch via MSN? Mine is [email protected] PM me yours if you want to talk stuff. Car is 91 GS 4 door red, and 93 325 i blue. That BMW need some work. If you do a search on my user name you will see my post.

Interests: Cars, food, gadgets, women, travels, fantasy sports, sports.
I play softball, football, ultimate, ball hockey, vball, bball, tennis, soccer, ping pong, weight train, and want to get back into some full contract martial arts.

Speed_Dreams
09-08-2005, 07:19 AM
I have one bar from the shift linkage if you want it matt

danlowteg
09-08-2005, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by frostyda9
Is it a VIS hood?

Sure is you want it frosty pm me

tson
09-08-2005, 08:31 PM
hey guys im back again been so damn busy imma get pics of my teg soon I GOT THE COOL ASS TEAL COLOR! haha shit but im lookin for some fenders and black/carbon hood and rear back hatch (black) and any other good parts for my car O AND FRONT bumper wud be nice as well! thnks guys and msn me the next meeting and shiet lol [email protected] thats my email if u guys wanna talk PCCEEE

frozenrice
09-09-2005, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by tson
hey guys im back again been so damn busy imma get pics of my teg soon I GOT THE COOL ASS TEAL COLOR! haha shit but im lookin for some fenders and black/carbon hood and rear back hatch (black) and any other good parts for my car O AND FRONT bumper wud be nice as well! thnks guys and msn me the next meeting and shiet lol [email protected] thats my email if u guys wanna talk PCCEEE

Not a bad colour. I saw a 93 GSR the other day in that colour. Very nice. Freakin has (had?) a black hatch from his parts car for sale. It's not carbon though, but black none the less.

BTW, freakin, how's the car coming along? Keep us posted, I think we should have a meet once you're up and running again.

freakin
09-09-2005, 07:03 AM
No progress on the motor yet. Corey and I haven't had a chance to meet up yet to start building the motor.

I got rid of the brakes on my parts car though...so it's almost stripped clean. :)

tson, I've pm'd you back.

QuasarCav
09-09-2005, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by tson
[email protected]





:thumbsup:

91VTEG
09-09-2005, 12:26 PM
i am as well looking for stock front bumper and rear, let me know if you have any of these parts
edit and stock tails for a 2 door
i know my car goes through alot of differnt front bumpers

freakin
09-09-2005, 01:25 PM
I've got a rear bumper, but I think the tails are spoken for:
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?postid=1186188#post1186188

bigbadboss101
09-09-2005, 02:18 PM
Hey does anyone know how do I get at the heater fan coil? The low setting isn't working and I plan to go to Acura to pick up the coils. Thanks!

91VTEG
09-09-2005, 02:46 PM
k let me know, but would that bumper fit a 91 ?

freakin
09-09-2005, 03:22 PM
Yep, you have a 2-door right? I have a 4-door bumper as well if needed. Anyhow, the years are interchangeable, but you have to match a 2-door with a 2-door and a 4-door with a 4-door. The 2 door 92-93 has a lip that kicks out at the bottom of it while the 90-91's just goes straight down after it dips in. IMO, the 92-93 looks a lot better. Just look at the pic of these cars:

92-93 rear:
http://www.supercars.net/servlets/PW/garagePics/Moonracer/220car2.jpg

90-91 rear:
http://www.supercars.net/servlets/PW/garagePics/Moonracer/220car1.jpg

danlowteg
09-09-2005, 03:57 PM
ill takes that bumper if hes a no go

freakin
09-09-2005, 04:05 PM
It's available to the first person that brings me $100. PM me and I'll give you my contact info if you're intersted in it. I'll let you 2 fight over it. :)

MaximumSpeed
09-09-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by 91VTEG
i am as well looking for stock front bumper and rear, let me know if you have any of these parts
edit and stock tails for a 2 door
i know my car goes through alot of differnt front bumpers

I have a set of tails for a 2 door. They've been cleared using castrol super clean stuff (stuff in purple bottle). email me for pics: maximumspeed @ gmail dot com

MaximumSpeed
09-09-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by freakin
Yep, you have a 2-door right? I have a 4-door bumper as well if needed. Anyhow, the years are interchangeable, but you have to match a 2-door with a 2-door and a 4-door with a 4-door. The 2 door 92-93 has a lip that kicks out at the bottom of it while the 90-91's just goes straight down after it dips in. IMO, the 92-93 looks a lot better. Just look at the pic of these cars:

92-93 rear:
http://www.supercars.net/servlets/PW/garagePics/Moonracer/220car2.jpg

90-91 rear:
http://www.supercars.net/servlets/PW/garagePics/Moonracer/220car1.jpg

hehe using my car as a 90-91 pic huh? Makes my car look so aweful. Well I will have to show you that you can make it look like a 92-93, but even better!

freakin
09-09-2005, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by MaximumSpeed


I have a set of tails for a 2 door. They've been cleared using castrol super clean stuff (stuff in purple bottle). email me for pics: maximumspeed @ gmail dot com

Isn't your car the red one in the above pic? Mind you it's hard to tell if those are cleared from that angle.


*edit* looks like we posted that at the same time....hehe, no disrespect for the 90-91's intended. :)

MaximumSpeed
09-09-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by freakin


Isn't your car the red one in the above pic? Mind you it's hard to tell if those are cleared from that angle.


*edit* looks like we posted that at the same time....hehe, no disrespect for the 90-91's intended. :)

hehe sup Matt. Yeah I guess we did post at the same time hehe.

Yeah my tails in that pic weren't cleared at that time. They are now though, and I have an extra set of 90-91 tails that I cleared also.

Now here's what I was talking about regarding the bumpers :poosie:

I haven't washed the car in a while, please don't mind the dirtiness!
http://members.shaw.ca/maxxspeed/photos/PICT1551.JPG

http://members.shaw.ca/maxxspeed/photos/PICT1552.JPG

frozenrice
09-09-2005, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101
Hey does anyone know how do I get at the heater fan coil? The low setting isn't working and I plan to go to Acura to pick up the coils. Thanks!

Do you mean the blower resistor?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/blowerresistor.jpg

freakin
09-09-2005, 05:23 PM
Damn, that lip looks pretty good. What is that? I'm still looking for an Accord rear lip and 3G sedan skirts for my car.

bigbadboss101, I might still have that part that Mike just listed in my car. If you can confirm what's needed, I'll take a look for you.

freakin
09-09-2005, 05:29 PM
Can someone confirm for me if the 2-door tailights have 6 or 8 bolts holding them in? I have 6 bolts out and can't see anymore, but they're stuck in there pretty good. I don't want to force them out if there's more bolts holding them in.

bigbadboss101
09-09-2005, 05:34 PM
thanks frozen rice

91VTEG
09-09-2005, 07:11 PM
i believe they have 6 each side, ive changed mine a few times
4 are vary easy too remove but the other two are way over and you might have to remove a panal in your trunk if your hand isnt small enough to fit cause there way over in the corner

edit yeah they are pretty hard to remove just knock on the back of each of the screw things one at a time and it slowly will coem out

danlowteg
09-09-2005, 07:19 PM
6 for sure i have changed my tail lights 7 times

rey_mysterio
09-09-2005, 07:42 PM
yeah what rear lip is that.. . thats nice:thumbsup:

frozenrice
09-09-2005, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101
thanks frozen rice

I hope that's the right part. Our Camry had the same problem. Of the five settings, the 2 lowest wouldn't work. I changed out the resistor pack (which consisted of a bunch of coil resistors) and that cured the problem. I'm not 100% sure if they work the same on Integras though. Hopefully they're not as expensive as Toyota either. $80 for a Napa equivalent! I'd hate to find out what it would have cost at the dealer.

Matt, I know there is an Accord rear lip making the rounds out there. I bought one off of Steve and in turn traded something with Drew. Last I heard he gave it or something to Logan.

frozenrice
09-09-2005, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by freakin
Can someone confirm for me if the 2-door tailights have 6 or 8 bolts holding them in? I have 6 bolts out and can't see anymore, but they're stuck in there pretty good. I don't want to force them out if there's more bolts holding them in.

Looks like six.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/tailightassembly.jpg

Remove the nuts, and then tap on the studs with a hammer to get it out. Sometime the gasket gets "set" in there and likes to hold on, so you need to break the seal a bit.

Genjuro
09-09-2005, 08:26 PM
guys im looking for headlights... my drivers one got busted on deerfoot.
one piece or projectors. can anyone find me some please? thanks.

edit: i have stock right now.

frozenrice
09-09-2005, 09:14 PM
Try jdmsource for the one pieces. Shoaib's prices seemed very competetive when I got mine. $120-$200 depending on the condition. I got mine at the lower end of the scale but I had to do a lot of sanding and polishing to get them to look decent.
Unfortunately, I sold my stock ones a few months ago. Otherwise, I'm sure there's somebody that'll have a set. Let me know if you need a hand installing the new ones when you get them.

rey_mysterio
09-09-2005, 09:47 PM
hey genjuro i have a pair of oem headlights . . .

Genjuro
09-09-2005, 10:37 PM
wow..speedtech wanted to sell it for about $700+
crazy hey? k i'll ask them source for it i guess if anyone else cant help me out..

thx ray but its gonna be one piece or projection.

MaximumSpeed
09-09-2005, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by freakin
Damn, that lip looks pretty good. What is that? I'm still looking for an Accord rear lip and 3G sedan skirts for my car.


The lip is the OEM Aero kit rear lip. Made only for the 90-91 Integras. Search around on g2ic for pics. I also have the same front lip as FrozenRice/Mike, except mine's an original OEM, and not fiberglass. And just to answer before someone asks, I also have the side skirts too .... yes I have the entire OEM body kit.

:poosie:

frozenrice
09-10-2005, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by MaximumSpeed


The lip is the OEM Aero kit rear lip. Made only for the 90-91 Integras. Search around on g2ic for pics. I also have the same front lip as FrozenRice/Mike, except mine's an original OEM, and not fiberglass. And just to answer before someone asks, I also have the side skirts too .... yes I have the entire OEM body kit.

:poosie:


Nice work! Never thought to ask this before, but was there ever a OEM kit for a 4 door?

danlowteg
09-10-2005, 10:55 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=1194269#post1194269:thumbsup:

tson
09-10-2005, 02:02 PM
fakkin tired whens the next meet i wanna see everys teg

tson
09-10-2005, 02:03 PM
o shiet nad i need a new fender and hood and front bumper if any1 is willing to sell

rey_mysterio
09-10-2005, 05:36 PM
hey maximun speed what does the rest of your car look like??:)

MaximumSpeed
09-10-2005, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by rey_mysterio
hey maximun speed what does the rest of your car look like??:)

I will show you guys when I get my JDM mirrors back from painting and put them on, then I'll show you the rest of the car.
:poosie:

MaximumSpeed
09-10-2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice



Nice work! Never thought to ask this before, but was there ever a OEM kit for a 4 door?

I don't think there was a 4 door kit made, only 2 door to the best of my knowledge.

frozenrice
09-11-2005, 01:06 PM
Considering the shitty weather we've been having lately, it's reminded me of how winter is just around the corner. Before most of us park our rides for the winter, we should try to get a meet/cruise going before the snow hits.
A few of the original members are starting to drop out and there are a few new names on here too so maybe it's time to put some faces to the names. This is also a chance for you "no-shows" to come out too (j/k).
I'll throw out the first suggestion and say we shoot for Saturday October 1. Once we finalize a date, then we can decide where/what to do.

freakin
09-11-2005, 07:10 PM
Hopefully I'll be back on the road for this one. We started putting my motor together this weekend only to find that my main bearings on one of the journals were the wrong size, I forgot to buy thrust washers and that one of my pistons needs to be ground down a little (had previously dropped a valve). Other than that, we got all of the rings gapped, and just need to check the rod bearings. So far so good....but I'm a little behind where I wanted to be at this time.

Also, with that back bumper I have for sale....well, it's still for sale. Everyone wants to wait on it so like I said, the first person that has the cash gets it. Also, it looks like the car is getting ditched next weekend. Speak up if you need any other little bits and pieces off of it.

freakin
09-11-2005, 07:17 PM
Oh yeah....one other thing...do not ever send your motor to Okanagan Engine Rebuilders (Speedtech's recomendation). We took apart my B20 and what we found was absolutely fucked. All of the parts they used were cheapo aftermarket parts. One of my main bearings scratched my crank, the piston bores were out of round and well let's just say they weren't cheap either. What a waste of money that build was. Not to mention the shit that happened afterwards...anyhow, most of you know all about that, so I won't bother ranting about it. Just wanted to give you guys a head's up in case you were looking in to getting some machine work done.

jaylo
09-11-2005, 11:52 PM
Hey one question matt,

I thought that you picked the parts that went in your car? Where did the cheapo parts come from?

And by the way, how much is your old B18A engine?

Jay




Originally posted by freakin
Oh yeah....one other thing...do not ever send your motor to Okanagan Engine Rebuilders (Speedtech's recomendation). We took apart my B20 and what we found was absolutely fucked. All of the parts they used were cheapo aftermarket parts. One of my main bearings scratched my crank, the piston bores were out of round and well let's just say they weren't cheap either. What a waste of money that build was. Not to mention the shit that happened afterwards...anyhow, most of you know all about that, so I won't bother ranting about it. Just wanted to give you guys a head's up in case you were looking in to getting some machine work done.

MaximumSpeed
09-12-2005, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by freakin
[B Also, it looks like the car is getting ditched next weekend. Speak up if you need any other little bits and pieces off of it. [/B]

It is a 92 correct? If so could you take out the speedometer face (the thing with the numbers showing speed) out of the guage cluster? I only want the face itself and don't need the entire cluster or odometer either, just the face.

freakin
09-12-2005, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by jaylo
Hey one question matt,

I thought that you picked the parts that went in your car? Where did the cheapo parts come from?

And by the way, how much is your old B18A engine?

Jay



I picked all of the major parts, ie: rods, pistons etc. The bearings they used were all some generic $30 pieces that you'd pick up at Auto Value, same goes with all of the seals. For the rediculous amount of money I paid I would've expected OEM parts. Top that off with the fact that my crank is now garbage.

My original B18A has been on display at Custom Auto since they moved in to their new place, hehe. The one I just pulled from my parts car is going to be my spare in case something happens to my new one. So, I'm going to hold on to it for the meantime.


Originally posted by MaximumSpeed


It is a 92 correct? If so could you take out the speedometer face (the thing with the numbers showing speed) out of the guage cluster? I only want the face itself and don't need the entire cluster or odometer either, just the face.

It's a 92, but there's not gauge cluster in the car. Most of the dash was already ripped out by the time I got my hands on it. I sold off my old USDM one for $30 a while ago. Best bet is likely G2IC.

rey_mysterio
09-12-2005, 09:53 PM
any of you used a new tailight gasket from dealership for your moisture problem?? does any other type of gasket work the same. . .

frozenrice
09-13-2005, 06:59 AM
I've read on G2IC that you can get some stuff at any home improvement place (ie Home Depot) and make your own gasket and that it works just as good for way less money. Are you just getting condesation or is the tailight acutally full of water? If it's just condensation, I wouldn't worry too much because the vent holes in tailight will eventually let it dry out - just park it in direct sun for a few hours. If it's actually full of water then I'd look into the gaskets.

jaylo
09-13-2005, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by rey_mysterio
any of you used a new tailight gasket from dealership for your moisture problem?? does any other type of gasket work the same. . .

I've used it, it works really good. Nothing beats OEM. I have sold the other pair to zuhalter and he aint' complaining. It's $25 bucks a side from SilverHill Acura.

Moonracer
09-13-2005, 09:10 AM
Hey matt, I'll try to get you that linkage to you this week. :)

rey_mysterio
09-13-2005, 10:10 AM
its just condensation. ... i have gasket from home depot on my lights right now and im still have the moisture in there . . .it started off with only the one taillight but now both have the same problem. .. .thats why i asked if the oem ones work better

jaylo
09-13-2005, 01:25 PM
Hey rey I had the same problem, after I bought the new OEM tail lights gaskets, no condensation whatsoever!

stevieo
09-13-2005, 02:08 PM
I bought really thick ass weather stripping type of tape. foam stripe with a sticky side. works great for me.

QuasarCav
09-13-2005, 02:31 PM
Grey gasket maker, If it's good enough for my air filter it's good enough for your lights.

danlowteg
09-13-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by stevieo
I bought really thick ass weather stripping type of tape. foam stripe with a sticky side. works great for me.
same here. ps stuff still for sale ;)

tson
09-13-2005, 07:27 PM
just cheeel lol im waiting for my paycheck to nad that hood off of you and waiting for the champion white hood for you to come into trade XD :thumbsup:

frozenrice
09-13-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by stevieo
I bought really thick ass weather stripping type of tape. foam stripe with a sticky side. works great for me.

The thicker the gasket is the better it will seal it appears. I happen to have two sets of tailights- took the gaskets off one set and doubled up.

So.....how's October 1st looking for everyone?

freakin
09-13-2005, 08:33 PM
I don't think I'll be ready for Oct. 1 :thumbsdow

I'm having trouble finding someone to tune my car.....but everything else should be done by then.

I'll just show up with my new camera and ride with someone else if need be.