PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2nd Gen Integra Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

rey_mysterio
03-03-2006, 08:38 PM
my main goal is more power . .so freakin is saying b20 . ..so if i were to keep the motor n/a. what kind of bolt ons could give me impressive gains?? i would like to strive for around 185 hp.is that realistic???:dunno:

frozenrice
03-03-2006, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by stevieo
soooo much for keeping the car, car is sold! :(

Damn you Steve. Another one bites it. What are your plans for that turbo? Details?

danlowteg
03-03-2006, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by stevieo
soooo much for keeping the car, car is sold! :(

Keeping the FMIC? ;)

freakin
03-04-2006, 03:44 AM
Steve?? What now? Do you have another project?

Getting 185WHP out of a B20 is going to take some higher compression pistons and a VTEC head. Turbo is obviously the easy answer, but I prefer the broad powerband of NA motors.

rey_mysterio
03-04-2006, 12:37 PM
so by saying v-tec head does that mean p8r head??? .. . .uh so many choices:( well im looking possibly looking for someone to do the swap for me when i figure out which motor to go with.I dont want to get ripped off.which tuner shop should i choose???:dunno:

QuasarCav
03-04-2006, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by rey_mysterio
so by saying v-tec head does that mean p8r head??? .. . .uh so many choices:( well im looking possibly looking for someone to do the swap for me when i figure out which motor to go with.I dont want to get ripped off.which tuner shop should i choose???:dunno:

I know 78si swaps motors but I'm not sure how busy he is.

This might help

B18C1 - GSR motor, 170hp, 121ish torque. Budget for about 4-5000K for it to be done right.

B20B - CRV motor, a little better torque and HP, different powerband. Budget for 1500 - 2500 with some goodies.

LS/VTEC, not going there.

Turbo - name your HP rating, name your price. Junkyard setups can be as cheap as under 2K but you are doing alot of the legwork yourself.

Legendboy could probably make you a turnkey 200WHP set-up for around 5K.

freakin
03-04-2006, 03:17 PM
The P8R head is non-VTEC. It's a rare JDM B20 head.

The VTEC heads are PR3 (B16/B17/Type R...with ported intake ports) and P72 (GSR)

^^^^Of course I'm only reffering to the B-series motors.

Talk to Shoaib at JDM source about getting the B20 (see if they have one with a P8R head on it...if not, the regular one is still worth grabing). He'll give you a warranty on the motor and I'm pretty sure they do installs there as well, might be a 1-stop deal. Darren (78si) might give you a better rate on the install though.

gen2teggy
03-04-2006, 03:25 PM
darren is good, he did my install

rey_mysterio
03-04-2006, 05:44 PM
i talked the guy at speedtech he said i could do a b18c gsr swap for around 5 k mark or i could turbo a b2o . . .is b20 an ideal motor to turbo??from what i have been reading on g2ic some of those guys say that the sleeves are too thin??? so that in mind i really dont want a race car but i would like to aim for 200hp turbo or no turbo. . . . .im thinkin with a turbo i would have to change lot of other things that would cost some more money. . .. so in the end i would end up spending more $$ over time. . .. im curious to what freakin has in his car??:) gen2 teggy what swap do u have??

danlowteg
03-04-2006, 08:00 PM
i talked the guy at speedtech he said i could do a b18c gsr swap for around 5 k mark or i could turbo a b2o . . .is b20 an ideal motor to turbo??from what i have been reading on g2ic some of those guys say that the sleeves are too thin??? so that in mind i really dont want a race car but i would like to aim for 200hp turbo or no turbo. . . . .im thinkin with a turbo i would have to change lot of other things that would cost some more money. . .. so in the end i would end up spending more $$ over time. . .. im curious to what freakin has in his car??:) gen2 teggy what swap do u have??

if your gonna turbo just get another b18a or b18b, the b20 will take that boost and go to hell. if your looking for a turbo setup it can be very cheap except the engine managment can be costly but i could help you with that i got the tools to chip it and tune it for a little fee. Ill be doing alot of that this summer. :D

danlowteg
03-04-2006, 08:02 PM
forgot to add matt might have a b16 for sale soon :thumbsup:

freakin
03-04-2006, 08:40 PM
If you want to do it right it's not going to be cheap. If you're just looking for a conservative turbo setup, then a B20 has the ideal compression ratio to start with, but you have to stay on top of your tuning....well pretty much the same with any turbo setup. You're going to have to realize that it's going to take a lot more maintenance to keep the car up. If you're willing to get your hands dirty, then boost is the way to go.

NA's tend to be more reliable, but won't put out as much power. If you're looking to build something, then I do have a B16 bottom end you might be interested in. Dan has a set of low compression pistons for sale. All you would need after that is the head, an ECU and some misc parts to get it all together.

The other option if you keep with a 81mm bore block is to mix oem pistons. You could put CTR pistons in a B16 or LS block and get a high compression setup for cheap.

If you want to hit that 200HP mark, then you're going to need more than just an engine swap. If you want to build something, I can likely help you out....if my schedule permits it.

danlowteg
03-04-2006, 09:49 PM
New News i have just seen stevieos car but with no stevieo inside. so i guess he did sell it :( but the new owner is really cool i told him to come to these boards he seem like a mini matt :D

freakin
03-04-2006, 10:32 PM
A mini Matt? I'm not sure if that's a compliment or insult, hehe.

Dan, do you still have your JE pistons for sale? I wonder if I should put them in that B16 block of mine. The PR3 pistons are worthless in there.

gen2teggy
03-05-2006, 01:51 AM

a slow b16a

frozenrice
03-05-2006, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by danlowteg
he seem like a mini matt :D

:rofl: I always thought that Matt was already a mini-Matt. (j/k, Matt).

I finally got the engine up on the engine stand :clap: so now I'll be able to get some more work done on it.

freakin
03-05-2006, 01:21 PM
Mike, you're a bastard. PS, I might just drop sand in your motor when I offer to 'help' you with it. HEHE. When are we going to rip that bad boy apart and get going.

In response to what motor I'm running, I'll leave it at a modified B18C. The bottom end is close to stock...it's pretty much bullet proof, so I didn't want to mess with it too much.

rey_mysterio
03-05-2006, 07:00 PM
so freakin what your saying is that u would be able to help me build a 200hp motor from a b16 .. . .well i ll have to keep my fingers crossed on that one .. . . . .right now im leaning towards doing a b18c swap . .what do u know about these?? jdm source told me that i wouldnt need to buy anything more than the complete swap . .wouldnt i need a non obd vtec ecu and isnt there a little custom intake piping needed to fit??

rey_mysterio
03-05-2006, 07:01 PM
:confused:

derek123
03-05-2006, 08:34 PM
^ I think 98+ is the magic number

freakin
03-05-2006, 10:08 PM
B18C's are a good motor for your car. Just watch which one you get. There's the GSR, ITR and 98+ ITR. Try to go test drive a 3rd gen GSR if you want to try out one of the motors. Just realize that the JDM version has a little more power due to it's higher compression and that your car is a little lighter. The only problem you'd run in to with a B18C swap is that it'll come with a hydro tranny. You'll either have to run a cable tranny on it or get the conversion linkage from Hasport. Expect $200-$400 for that piece. But if you wait it out, you'll be able to find a GSR with LSD. All of the ITRs have a really short gearing and LSD. If you get one and need a tranny, I have a S1 (cable B16) that would work well for you. I'd trade you for the hydro GSR tranny. :)

If you want reliability, that's the way to go. I think that the ITR's are a little overpriced.

PS: FIRST PAGE OWNAGE!!

frostyda9
03-05-2006, 10:09 PM
The JDM source swaps include all that good stuff...

Engine
Transmission
ECU
Alternator
Air Conditioning
Power Steering Pump
Distributor
Engine Harness

Genjuro
03-06-2006, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by freakin
B18C's are a good motor for your car. Just watch which one you get. There's the GSR, ITR and 98+ ITR. Try to go test drive a 3rd gen GSR if you want to try out one of the motors. Just realize that the JDM version has a little more power due to it's higher compression and that your car is a little lighter. The only problem you'd run in to with a B18C swap is that it'll come with a hydro tranny. You'll either have to run a cable tranny on it or get the conversion linkage from Hasport. Expect $200-$400 for that piece. But if you wait it out, you'll be able to find a GSR with LSD. All of the ITRs have a really short gearing and LSD. If you get one and need a tranny, I have a S1 (cable B16) that would work well for you. I'd trade you for the hydro GSR tranny. :)

If you want reliability, that's the way to go. I think that the ITR's are a little overpriced.

PS: FIRST PAGE OWNAGE!!

so the 94+ GSR would be good i suppose? such an expensive build though, no? thats whats keeping me away from swap to that. only if i didnt own a house... damn.

QuasarCav
03-06-2006, 12:41 PM
Well guys.... It's desicion making time.

I currently drive a 1993 Integra LS coupe with 222,xxx KMs and very little mods.

I drive about 30-40K a year and in about a year the Integra will lose alot of value because the KM's will be so high. I know I'll have no problem selling it but I dont want to take a big hit on it.

Thanks to me doing shitwork for the last 6 months I finally got promoted. I really want a 1998-01 GSR and I'm just asking for some advice.

Here are my options:

1. Drive the integra into the ground, get it up past 300,000kms and sell it for maybe 4K if I'm lucky.

2. Sell in the spring, I could get about 5-5.5K for it and dump that right into the new GSR.

3. Buy a RHD JDM fad-mobile.

freakin
03-06-2006, 04:23 PM
If you're really set on the GSR, then dump your car now. You'll get the most money for it and use that for the new Teg.

I'm not a fan of the RHD cars, but after getting Steve's SR20 working properly and getting the LSD setup in it....wow is all I can say. I wish that was my car. He just lives up the street from you...I should stop by with him and take you for a rip. If you see a navy blue coupe that's slammed with stock wheels on it....that's him. We took it out for a rip last night and I had a grin the entire time. I'm thinking the CRX needs some boost now.

EDIT: Steve's car is LHD, but it does have the motor swap done.....just to clarify. And I'm still jealous of it.

freakin
03-06-2006, 06:50 PM
If anyone's intersted in getting their hands dirty this week or this weekend, I think I'm going to try and get the motor out of the CRX. I'm hoping the have the B16 put back together and ready to drop in for this weekend as well. We'll see how that goes, hehe.

frostyda9
03-06-2006, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

2. Sell in the spring, I could get about 5-5.5K for it and dump that right into the new GSR.

:thumbsup: Wait a month or two and then sell it. G2's are fun to drive, but they aren't the be-all to end-all, that's for sure.

gen2teggy
03-07-2006, 12:13 AM
too many people biting the dust!

stevieo
03-07-2006, 11:32 AM
lewis, if you want a gsr, you have to dump it now to get the most value out of your car.

sad as i am, i bit the bullet and will be getting a newer car soon.

danlowteg
03-08-2006, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by gen2teggy
too many people biting the dust!

yah its ture wtf people lol

QuasarCav
03-08-2006, 04:06 PM
Woot for SR20 power.

Matt, clear your PM box.

freakin
03-08-2006, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
Woot for SR20 power.

Matt, clear your PM box.

HAHA, I thought you'd like Steve's S13. The mailbox is cleaned up now.

rey_mysterio
03-08-2006, 08:44 PM
If you want to do it right it's not going to be cheap. If you're just looking for a conservative turbo setup, then a B20 has the ideal compression ratio to start with, but you have to stay on top of your tuning....well pretty much the same with any turbo setup. You're going to have to realize that it's going to take a lot more maintenance to keep the car up. If you're willing to get your hands dirty, then boost is the way to go.

so freakin what do u mean by the tuning .. . . . .and the maintenance part.. . . .because my choices right know are either to find a b18b with low k or do the gsr swap . . .. so that in mind. could u be a little specific .. thx
:D

frozenrice
03-08-2006, 08:59 PM
Matt, I'm slowly starting to do some more disassembly on the motor. I've backed off all the valve adjusters, I've loosened the bearing cap bolts, but the caps won't budge. Is there a special trick to this?

danlowteg
03-08-2006, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
Matt, I'm slowly starting to do some more disassembly on the motor. I've backed off all the valve adjusters, I've loosened the bearing cap bolts, but the caps won't budge. Is there a special trick to this?

which bearing are you talking about mike? most caps i have removed i just leave the bolts in but not tightened then wack with a soft face hammer. when i have time in the summer i could probly help you bro:thumbsup:

frozenrice
03-08-2006, 10:12 PM
I'm talking about the caps on the camshafts. I thought about tapping them with a hammer, but I don't have a soft face one. Maybe I'll try using a normal hammer with a piece of wood blocking it.

freakin
03-08-2006, 11:30 PM
Rey, By tuning, I mean that if you're not running a stock engine with stock internals (changing cams, or pistons), or go with a turbo setup, then you're going to need your ECU chipped and new maps burned on to it. If you just go with a GSR, B20, or B18A/B, then just use the computer that comes with it. As far as maintenace goes, a turbo comes with a lot of problems, like making sure that your air/fuel ratios are good when you're driving it hard, oil leaks, broken parts, parts comming loose, etc. If you're not prepared to deal with issues like these, then stick with a stock motor.

Mike, eeek, I wouldn't be hitting anything alluminum with a hammer. Just take the bolts for the caps and stick them back just a little bit, just enough to be in the cap, but not in the head, then gently work them back and forth until they start to lift. If that doesn't work, then gently work at them with a flat screwdriver and a rag over it (to avoid scratches and dents) to lift them. Give me a call on my cell tomorrow evening and I'll be able to explain it better for you.

danlowteg
03-09-2006, 12:30 AM
Mike, eeek, I wouldn't be hitting anything alluminum with a hammer. Just take the bolts for the caps and stick them back just a little bit, just enough to be in the cap, but not in the head, then gently work them back and forth until they start to lift. If that doesn't work, then gently work at them with a flat screwdriver and a rag over it (to avoid scratches and dents) to lift them. Give me a call on my cell tomorrow evening and I'll be able to explain it better for you.

no screw driver never never never i have had to many broken cast and alluminum caps from people messing up a machine surface and had to be replaced a rag will help protect but these bearing hold a super fast spinning part a little tap wont hurt it. thuse the soft face:thumbsup: but because you dont have one use somthing soft inbetween just not your hand :banghead: also use the diagram below mike

danlowteg
03-09-2006, 12:40 AM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/danlowteg/thing.jpg
make sure the bolts are not tightend in the head. the bolts also help to make a handle

derek123
03-09-2006, 01:39 AM
Brakes... (?)

Where's a good place to get some pads rotors and possibly calipers ?

Is there much difference upgrading vs oem (non abs)

please advise.

freakin
03-09-2006, 07:30 AM
Hawk HP pads from Mopac....very nice pads. They're a good comprimise between a full out race pad and OEM. They stop a lot better, but don't destroy rotors or need to warm up first. I'd also look in to some stainless braided brake lines at Mopac if you're upgrading.

For calipers and rotors, just go to Auto Value or something like that. Unless you have the coin to pay for new ones from Acura.

Speed_Dreams
03-09-2006, 08:05 AM
Hahaha Look at Matt the post whore :D

Lewis , Why sell your car and get a G3 GSR? almost the same chassis just different motor. IMO you would be better Swapping out the motor for the B18C and putting in the leather seats. Your car is lighter!!

RHD cars are fun , But if they break , and they will , its not goint to be a fast or cheap fix. My car is BACK on the jack stands yet again. I bought the car for 7300 and after this is fixed i will have $5000 into it since august. I am considering just dumping the whole thing and acctually doing what your talking about....Swap a motor into a teg.

Genjuro
03-09-2006, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by derek123
Brakes... (?)

Where's a good place to get some pads rotors and possibly calipers ?

Is there much difference upgrading vs oem (non abs)

i've asked the same thing before - in the end i bought pbr pads and brembo oem replacement rotors. no dust and excellent stopping.. only thing i dont like which isnt that much of an issue is the brembo's rust a bit.
try mopac

danlowteg
03-09-2006, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Speed_Dreams
RHD cars are fun , But if they break , and they will , its not goint to be a fast or cheap fix. My car is BACK on the jack stands yet again. I bought the car for 7300 and after this is fixed i will have $5000 into it since august. I am considering just dumping the whole thing and acctually doing what your talking about....Swap a motor into a teg.

welcome back :D

Speed_Dreams
03-09-2006, 08:49 PM

welcome back :D

haha im not back...yet

who knows whats gonna go on

freakin
03-09-2006, 10:30 PM
Drew, what happened to your car? I thought you had all of the bugs worked out.

PS, I am a post whore....I think I average every third post in this thread. I didn't really notice it until you mentioned it.

danlowteg
03-09-2006, 10:38 PM
the race for post whore is on:burnout:

dj_honda
03-09-2006, 10:39 PM
I have a S1 (cable B16) that would work well for you. I'd trade you for the hydro GSR tranny. :)

wow that wouldn't be a very fair trade. i mean thats like saying you would trade someone your b16a1 for their b18c :eek: :banghead:

freakin
03-09-2006, 10:43 PM
the race for post whore is on:burnout:

Total Posts: 3,548
User Posts
freakin 493
Moonracer 473
frozenrice 401
frostyda9 257
danlowteg 234
QuasarCav 232
Speed_Dreams 226
gen2teggy 179
lam-boy 133
Genjuro 112
b16Ateg 100
stevieo 77
rey_mysterio 73
jaylo 68
dirty_magic 64
91VTEG 31
MaximumSpeed 31
derek123 30
legendboy 26
bigbadboss101 26
zuhalter 25
powerslave 24
qbnb 18

You've still got a way to go. ;) :burnout:

Originally posted by dj_honda

wow that wouldn't be a very fair trade. i mean thats like saying you would trade someone your b16a1 for their b18c :eek: :banghead:

Hey, it's not that bad of a deal. It gets him going without having to buy new parts. I'm helping. :)

dj_honda
03-09-2006, 10:45 PM

Hey, it's not that bad of a deal. It gets him going without having to buy new parts. I'm helping. :)

fair enough ;) :D

danlowteg
03-09-2006, 10:48 PM

User Posts
freakin 493
Moonracer 473
frozenrice 401
frostyda9 257
danlowteg 234
QuasarCav 232
Speed_Dreams 226
gen2teggy 179
lam-boy 133
Genjuro 112
b16Ateg 100
stevieo 77
rey_mysterio 73
jaylo 68
dirty_magic 64
91VTEG 31
MaximumSpeed 31
derek123 30
legendboy 26
bigbadboss101 26
zuhalter 25
powerslave 24
qbnb 18

matt matt matt........... i wanna beat frosty

frozenrice
03-09-2006, 11:29 PM
I obviously have no life. I didn't realize that I had that many posts on here. How does Sandino have so many now that he's not around?

frostyda9
03-09-2006, 11:41 PM

matt matt matt........... i wanna beat frosty

I've been reading this thread as always, but not posting much lately. Now I have a reason to though, I can't let Dan out whore me :D

derek123
03-09-2006, 11:54 PM
lmfao.

User Posts
freakin 493
Moonracer 473
frozenrice 401
frostyda9 257
danlowteg 234
QuasarCav 232
Speed_Dreams 226
gen2teggy 179
lam-boy 133
Genjuro 112
b16Ateg 100
stevieo 77
rey_mysterio 73
jaylo 68
dirty_magic 64
91VTEG 31
MaximumSpeed 31
derek123 30
legendboy 26
bigbadboss101 26
zuhalter 25
powerslave 24
qbnb 18

ps. 31 bitchez (!)

MaximumSpeed
03-10-2006, 01:09 AM
wow I didn't even know I had that many posts in here!

gen2teggy
03-10-2006, 01:45 AM
lam-boy is dead

Speed_Dreams
03-10-2006, 07:54 AM
Wow , I must have whored it up back in the day.

Matt: My Turbo elbow somehow broke in half and i dragged my downpipe from the Cafe rope bridge to chinook center. Not that hard of a fix but its pricey. I might be looking to get outta this Modifying car game and get something newer and reliable untill i can live on my own, but knowing me i will change my mind tomorrow and i'll wanna drop a RB25 under the hood. If you see my car for sale again then you will know whats going through my mind.

QuasarCav
03-10-2006, 09:03 AM
Wow , I must have whored it up back in the day.

Matt: My Turbo elbow somehow broke in half and i dragged my downpipe from the Cafe rope bridge to chinook center. Not that hard of a fix but its pricey. I might be looking to get outta this Modifying car game and get something newer and reliable untill i can live on my own, but knowing me i will change my mind tomorrow and i'll wanna drop a RB25 under the hood. If you see my car for sale again then you will know whats going through my mind.

That is what I'm thinking. I just want a semi-fast car from the factory that I dont have to heavily mod.

Danlowteg, I will out-whore you by tht end of the day.

Moonracer
03-10-2006, 09:39 AM
Oh man I gotta get another G2 soon so I can retake 1st spot! :whipped:

danlowteg
03-10-2006, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Moonracer
Oh man I gotta get another G2 soon so I can retake 1st spot! :whipped:
yes you must

Genjuro
03-10-2006, 08:17 PM
since when did i post that much? :confused:
Moonracer you can have mine when im sick of it =P

PaPa LuV
03-10-2006, 08:25 PM
I own a 1990 Teggy, and I'm thinking of buying some projector headlights through e-bay. Can anybody give me any feed back of this purchase?

stevieo
03-10-2006, 08:58 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by freakin
[B]

User Posts
freakin 493
Moonracer 473
frozenrice 401
frostyda9 257
danlowteg 234
QuasarCav 232
Speed_Dreams 226
gen2teggy 179
lam-boy 133
Genjuro 112
b16Ateg 100
stevieo 77
rey_mysterio 73
jaylo 68
dirty_magic 64
91VTEG 31
MaximumSpeed 31
derek123 30
legendboy 26
bigbadboss101 26
zuhalter 25
powerslave 24
qbnb 18

[QUOTE]

133+77..+1! haha
211 yeahhhhhh!

Moonracer
03-10-2006, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Genjuro
since when did i post that much? :confused:
Moonracer you can have mine when im sick of it =P

Wow I can HAVE it when you are sick of it? Sweet, thanks man, that'll save me alot of money buying one. :rofl: j/k
When you decide to get rid of it let me know.

danlowteg
03-11-2006, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by PaPa LuV
I own a 1990 Teggy, and I'm thinking of buying some projector headlights through e-bay. Can anybody give me any feed back of this purchase?

bad idea you will have them fogging up alot keep it stock or the jdm. you can also seal the projectors but they always seem to have the nipples kinda ugly.

QuasarCav
03-11-2006, 10:10 AM
Dont mind me, I'm just whoring.

:hijack:

derek123
03-11-2006, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by PaPa LuV

take a look on g2ic for pics with projos.
imo, there's not very many there that look all that good with them.
my vote is for one pieces, or hyper orangies...

Speed_Dreams
03-11-2006, 01:23 PM
+1 for the one peices its the sexiest and cleanest look you can do. i loev it so much i wanna marry it

and trust me im the law when it comes to sexy

frostyda9
03-11-2006, 01:25 PM
:rofl: You're the law when it comes to BS.

PS- I am telling your gf about your love affair with the one pieces

frozenrice
03-11-2006, 02:14 PM
Well I gather this couldn't have been a good thing:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/DSCF0363.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/DSCF0362.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/DSCF0364.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/DSCF0366.jpg

BTW: Dan, Matt thanks for the tips on getting the caps off. I figured out a different way though. I used a pair of vise grip pliers and wrapped the caps with a few layers from a rag. I pinched the pliers on the caps just enough to get a grip on them and worked them back and forth while pulling up until the caps came loose.

rey_mysterio
03-11-2006, 03:34 PM
check my car out under rides its a black 91 teg .. . .i like the way my projectors look . .. . i mean jdm one pieces look good too. . . . i think a lot of people have them .. .

Speed_Dreams
03-11-2006, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by frostyda9
:rofl: You're the law when it comes to BS.

PS- I am telling your gf about your love affair with the one pieces

If you do i will kill you in the face and steal your new carbon fiber hood:eek: :drama:

freakin
03-11-2006, 05:38 PM

BTW: Dan, Matt thanks for the tips on getting the caps off. I figured out a different way though. I used a pair of vise grip pliers and wrapped the caps with a few layers from a rag. I pinched the pliers on the caps just enough to get a grip on them and worked them back and forth while pulling up until the caps came loose.

What's wrong with what you did? Looks like you managed to get every thing off good. Just need to throw out that headgasker and get a good look at the deck. How do the cylinders look? Any scratches, wierd wear patterns? Looks like you got the crank out already as well. I'm just about to head downstairs to finish up putting mine together. That's when the fun starts with all of the measuring.

frozenrice
03-11-2006, 06:14 PM
Nothing wrong with what I did. I was just talking about the sludge build up on the tops of the pistons and the rusty looking valves. I gather what you're saying is this looks normal? I haven't checked the cyliner walls yet, but I'll do that when I flip it over and start working the bottom end.
The crank BTW that you see in the background of the head picture is actually a spare one I picked up. You know the story behind the original one from Tom's car. I'll probably start hitting you up for machine shop suggestions soon. I think the block needs a good day at the auto spa.

Genjuro
03-11-2006, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Moonracer

Wow I can HAVE it when you are sick of it? Sweet, thanks man, that'll save me alot of money buying one. :rofl: j/k
When you decide to get rid of it let me know.

heh we'll see. could be by the end of the year.. but im always changing my mind so maybe never heh...

danlowteg
03-11-2006, 07:06 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/DSCF0363.jpg

that is alot of carbon build up on the one piston :(. check the bore your walls could have been washed from overfueling. or the exuast valves.

frozenrice
03-11-2006, 09:12 PM
I quickly checked the condition of the cylinder walls and they look good. Smooth and shiny, no score/scratches that I can see. Crank turns very smooth too.

danlowteg
03-11-2006, 09:22 PM
I quickly checked the condition of the cylinder walls and they look good. Smooth and shiny, no score/scratches that I can see. Crank turns very smooth too.

what about the fillet is it raised? good angle? micrometered it to see if it meets specs?

PaPa LuV
03-11-2006, 09:25 PM
I painted my car a 2003 Civic dark blue, and I was thinking of putting the one piece black projectors (angle eyes). Let me know what you think. Just to give you a mental pic, it has black widow side skirts, rear bumper and a look a like type R front lip.

PaPa LuV
03-11-2006, 09:31 PM
check my car out under rides its a black 91 teg .. . .i like the way my projectors look . .. . i mean jdm one pieces look good too. . . . i think a lot of people have them .. .

YES!!!! Thats my front end, but my car is blue. I think that look pretty sweet. Were did you get your lights?

frozenrice
03-11-2006, 09:34 PM
Sorry Dan-O, you've lost me on that one. What's a fillet?

PaPaLuv, have you checked these ones yet?
They are definately something that isn't that common and for the most part don't look that bad either.

new style 1 pieces (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-93-JDM-ACURA-INTEGRA-HEADLIGHTS-BLACK-DA6-RS-LS-GS-R_W0QQitemZ8021235966QQcategoryZ33710QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

PaPa LuV
03-11-2006, 09:48 PM
Those headlights do look uniqe. I don't know about the single lights though, is something suppose to go were that white circle is?

What do you think of these. I think the price is ok for being in USD + Shipping

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-93-ACURA-INTEGRA-HALO-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHTS-LIGHTS-BK_W0QQitemZ8045196999QQcategoryZ33710QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem.

jaylo
03-12-2006, 01:21 PM

so freakin what do u mean by the tuning .. . . . .and the maintenance part.. . . .because my choices right know are either to find a b18b with low k or do the gsr swap . . .. so that in mind. could u be a little specific .. thx
:D

It's not that bad maintaining a turbocharged car if it's PROPERLY tuned. A lot of people have misconceptions about putting a turbo in an N/A car.

Rule of thumb, more power equals more money. Cheap out on on variable will result to headache(s).

frostyda9
03-12-2006, 01:53 PM

If you do i will kill you in the face and steal your new carbon fiber hood:eek: :drama:

:rofl: If you do so, let me check and make sure it's covered by insurance first. In fact, just take the whole car :angel:

danlowteg
03-12-2006, 06:37 PM
Sorry Dan-O, you've lost me on that one. What's a fillet?

PaPaLuv, have you checked these ones yet?
They are definately something that isn't that common and for the most part don't look that bad either.

new style 1 pieces (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-93-JDM-ACURA-INTEGRA-HEADLIGHTS-BLACK-DA6-RS-LS-GS-R_W0QQitemZ8021235966QQcategoryZ33710QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

hmmmm it hard to explain when i come help you somtime ill do all that stuff for you

frozenrice
03-12-2006, 07:57 PM
okay then. just one question for now. when removing the pistons, is it imperative that I do the ridge reamer thing at the top of the cylinders to remove them?

Speed_Dreams
03-12-2006, 09:50 PM
Anyone know of a Cheaper 92+ teg? w/ 5spd??

danlowteg
03-12-2006, 10:04 PM
okay then. just one question for now. when removing the pistons, is it imperative that I do the ridge reamer thing at the top of the cylinders to remove them?

if the ridge won't let the piston pass or cause a scuff then yes. make sure to use rod guides so not to scratch the rod bearing journals and have it come out straight :thumbsup:

frozenrice
03-13-2006, 09:27 PM
What's going on? Everyone sell their Tegs or something?

PaPa LuV
03-13-2006, 09:58 PM
were did everybody go???

Well anyways I Got some more goddies for the teggy, some bling for the engine compartment. Now I need to wait for the part to arrive.

Megan Stainless steel headers
Bomz cold air intake.

I need to change the rings or something for my 2nd Cylinder cause its burning oil. Took out the spark plug the other day and it was drenched in oil. Only the 2nd spark plug though. I wonder how long and Tedious that job is going to be. Also if I can do it without taking the engine out. Any input will be greatly appreciated .

I'm still looking for projectors so if anybody comes across any good deals let me know

stevieo
03-14-2006, 12:41 AM
What's going on? Everyone sell their Tegs or something?

i will probably buy one later on in life, can't let go of a first love.. hehe

gen2teggy
03-14-2006, 01:40 AM
we r going extinct!!!!

oh frozinrice how was that crank?

frozenrice
03-14-2006, 07:29 AM
papaluv, what part of the spark plug is drenched in oil? If it looks like the oil is coming from above the threads of the spark plug, it could just be your seals under the valve cover. Cheap, easy fix. If it's the electrode/tip of the spark plug that's covered in oil that's another problem.

Gen2teggy, so far the crank's just been sitting in the garage. I ran out of time last weekend to complete the teardown. Hopefully I can get to it this weekend.

QuasarCav
03-14-2006, 08:54 AM
The 2nd plug hole is pretty close to the oil filler cap so if you are spilling oil on the valve cover and your plugs aren't in all the way it can come from the top. What Frozenrice suggested happens alot too. You can buy a new set of grommets from the dealer for about 15$.

freakin
03-14-2006, 02:16 PM
Check your compression first. If it's good, then I'd buy that grommet problem, but that would only coat the top of the plug. The base is sealed in the combustion chamber, so any oil going past the grommet wouldn't touch it.

I have some new grommets lying around for a VTEC head if you need them. I'm not sure if they're the same, but I don't see why they'd be any different. There's one quick an easy way to find out.

I'll sell you the set for cheaper than what a dealer would sell them for, and I'm open past business hours, hehe.

gen2teggy
03-14-2006, 03:16 PM
yo guys my car seems to idel uber low
after me and my friend touched the timming and the dizzy...becuse my timme was losse.
after we tight'ed it and used some light gun n he pointed it at the gearing part....later on that day...it made poping sounds and rpms weere really low. Does anyone know how to fix this??? or could helppp me?

freakin
03-14-2006, 04:13 PM
Sounds like your timing wasn't set correctly if you've only had problems since moving the distributor. Do you know what your buddy set your timing to? I'd wager that it's out by a few degrees.

danlowteg
03-14-2006, 04:43 PM
Sounds like your timing wasn't set correctly if you've only had problems since moving the distributor. Do you know what your buddy set your timing to? I'd wager that it's out by a few degrees.

agreed reset that timing

gen2teggy
03-14-2006, 05:06 PM
i dunno where he reset it too maryon did it, n hes too busy to work on it again....n i dunno where to set it

freakin
03-14-2006, 05:43 PM
You'll need a timing light and then set the timing to 16 degrees of advance. Basically just clip the light on to the batter and the no. 1 (closest to the belts) plug wire, then aim the light at the crank pulley (bottom of the engine). The light will strobe every time the cylinder fires, so you'll be able to see a line on the pulley. Just set the gun to 16 degrees, and turn the distributor until line on the crank matches up with the TDC mark on the timing cover (it'll be on the top of it. Then tighten the distributor back up...and you're done. Should take 5 minutes if you have a timing light.

PS, I need to buy a timing light. :rofl: