PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2nd Gen Integra Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

gen2teggy
03-14-2006, 05:53 PM
haha thx ^ i'll just guess it lol

gen2teggy

gen2teggy

danlowteg
03-14-2006, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by freakin

PS, I need to buy a timing light. :rofl:

ill be ordering my snap on one soon:thumbsup: freaking costly like 300 loons

rey_mysterio
03-14-2006, 07:14 PM
i called speedtech today and they said that i could do the b18c swap without the gsr tranny and just use my existing cable tranny .. .is this a good idea . . .because my tranny has 270,000ks on it??what are some advantages of using the gsr tranny .. . .

freakin
03-14-2006, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by gen2teggy
Triple post! And It's not really something you can guess. If you really need a timing light, most parts stores will loan one out. Then all you need is a 10 or 12mm wrench.

Originally posted by danlowteg

ill be ordering my snap on one soon:thumbsup: freaking costly like 300 loons

Princess Auto had them for $30 a few months ago....I wish I picked one up. I've spent too much on tools in the last couple of months....but hey, it's my birthday...sorta. :D

Originally posted by rey_mysterio
i called speedtech today and they said that i could do the b18c swap without the gsr tranny and just use my existing cable tranny .. .is this a good idea . . .because my tranny has 270,000ks on it??what are some advantages of using the gsr tranny .. . .

I wouldn't do that. The long geared trannys are complete ass on a VTEC motor. I'll take you for a rip sometime if you want to see what it's like. When I rev to 8,000ish RPM then shift, I end up around 5,000-5,5000....just outside of my powerband. A VTEC tranny will only drop to about 6,500. You'd be better off getting the shorter geared GSR tranny and getting the hydro to cable conversion from hasport, or finding a cable B16 tranny and selling the GSR tranny.

Did you see this one?
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=120645

That's a pretty good deal, but it's USDM, so slightly lower compression and it's OBD-2. You'll need to find an OBD-0 (I think you're car's 90-91, right?) to ODB-2 harness. But that's a smoking deal. And my offer still stands if you need a cable tranny. I have a hasport tranny converter, so I can use either. :bigpimp:

danlowteg
03-14-2006, 08:08 PM

Princess Auto had them for $30 a few months ago....I wish I picked one up. I've spent too much on tools in the last couple of months....but hey, it's my birthday...sorta. :D

i saw those. good for a diy and limited use one of my buddies got one and used it 4 times which is not bad but now the light pluses wrong. compared to the snap on one there is one heck of a comparison. side by side its crazy it set back the car were working on by 7 deg :( but like i was saying its good for the diy

Papa Luv it
03-14-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
papaluv, what part of the spark plug is drenched in oil? If it looks like the oil is coming from above the threads of the spark plug, it could just be your seals under the valve cover. Cheap, easy fix. If it's the electrode/tip of the spark plug that's covered in oil that's another problem.

Gen2teggy, so far the crank's just been sitting in the garage. I ran out of time last weekend to complete the teardown. Hopefully I can get to it this weekend.

The threads were covered in oil, and it was pretty bad. I also have a question, what is a grommit? And how do I replace it?
By the way, thank you guys for the help.

derek123
03-14-2006, 09:13 PM
Triple post!
*cough*postwhore*cough*
:poosie:

Not sure if this has been posted here before *ducks*

linky (http://www.dpccars.com/car-movies/03-13-06pageTypeRhistory.htm)

bit long, but still fun. love the in car translations. lolzzz

frozenrice
03-14-2006, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Papa Luv it

The threads were covered in oil, and it was pretty bad. I also have a question, what is a grommit? And how do I replace it?
By the way, thank you guys for the help.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/DSCF0377.jpg

The grommets are on the underside of your valve cover (the black Os -removed for clarity -they fit in the slot/groove around the hole). When the valve cover is installed, the grommets are installed around the holes in the valve cover and are sandwiched between the valve cover and the cylinder head. This prevents oil from leaking into the spark plug tubes. From what you're describing, I'm not 100% sure if this is the culprit however, I did mine about 2 years ago cause I was getting bad spark due to oil getting into the tubes. Once fixed, the car was back to normal. It isn't too terribly hard to do either. 1/2 hour to an hour is all it should take. While your at it, if you haven't already done it, replace the valve cover gasket. If you go to Parts Source (or any parts place) you can get a valve cover gaset kit and it should include the valve cover gasket and the grommets. Try to request that it be a Felpro (Federal Mogul). Should run about $50 +/-.

Papa Luv it
03-14-2006, 10:28 PM
So if it is the grommets, would that cause my car to burn oil?

frozenrice
03-14-2006, 11:22 PM
I'm not saying 100% for sure that it could burn oil, but it is a possiblity. When my grommets went, enough oil was getting down in the spark plug tubes and somehow made its way past the spark plug threads and into the cylinder. The oil was causing a few of the spark plugs to not fire properly resulting in engine hesitation. If you're up to it, I'd try replacing the grommets first since it's a less expensive and easier fix than any kind of head/cylinder work. Even it isn't the problem, on cars as old as ours, they'll eventually have to be replaced anyways.
How badly are you burning oil anyways? Lots of smoke? How much oil are you losing?

Papa Luv it
03-15-2006, 01:46 AM
I wouldn't say its burning lots. You can notice the smoke when the engine is revs. When I pulled out the spark plug it looked like the oil seep through the treads onto the tip of the spark plug. It was that bad!! I checked the other spark plugs and they all looked fine. I also remeber when I took off the spark plug wire, that the end going into the head was covered in oil. I don't know if that narrows anything down.

gen2teggy
03-15-2006, 12:49 PM
u guys got any extra cv's laying around i could buy?

QuasarCav
03-15-2006, 04:29 PM

No, but I love the sig.

frozenrice
03-15-2006, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Papa Luv it
I wouldn't say its burning lots. You can notice the smoke when the engine is revs. When I pulled out the spark plug it looked like the oil seep through the treads onto the tip of the spark plug. It was that bad!! I checked the other spark plugs and they all looked fine. I also remeber when I took off the spark plug wire, that the end going into the head was covered in oil. I don't know if that narrows anything down.

By what you said, I'd say that the grommet is suspect. If it's only the one, try replacing just that one and see what happens. Won't take you too long and the price of one grommet only works out to about 3-4 bucks.

Papa Luv it
03-15-2006, 08:17 PM
Right on! I'm going to be in town from work on the 25th of march, and thats going to be the first thing I'm going to do, and I"ll you know what happens.
I was reading this thread on painting Valve covers, and this one guy said you can do it with basic automotive base clear...Has anybody else tryed this? I figured at a high enough temp the paint will bubble and come off. I'm thinkng of sprucing up the valve cover as well, and painting it the same color of the car.

danlowteg
03-16-2006, 05:01 PM
i need some too. I think i will just get them from a1 auto body parts

frozenrice
03-16-2006, 07:26 PM
A1 Honda parts next to A1 Autobody? You might not have any luck. I've checked there several times for misc. stuff. They don't have anything for our generation Tegs because they're too old and there's getting fewer and fewer of them to pick apart. FYI, new drive shafts are about $160, but you get about $80-90 back when you return the core. In the end, out-of-pocket is only about $80, which to me doesn't seem like a bad deal for fully rebuilt/reconditioned with warranty.

danlowteg
03-16-2006, 09:37 PM
A1 Honda parts next to A1 Autobody? You might not have any luck. I've checked there several times for misc. stuff. They don't have anything for our generation Tegs because they're too old and there's getting fewer and fewer of them to pick apart. FYI, new drive shafts are about $160, but you get about $80-90 back when you return the core. In the end, out-of-pocket is only about $80, which to me doesn't seem like a bad deal for fully rebuilt/reconditioned with warranty.
where at mike?:devil:

frozenrice
03-16-2006, 09:48 PM
Auto Value or Parts Source. C/W brand new axel nut too!!! woot!

QuasarCav
03-17-2006, 09:16 AM
I've got the axle nut socket if anyone wants to borrow it.

I would rather change out an axle than do an oil change, I hate removing the filter and gettting oil all over me.

Moonracer
03-17-2006, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

I would rather change out an axle than do an oil change, I hate removing the filter and gettting oil all over me.

Can I try out your "nut socket"? :angel:

freakin
03-17-2006, 12:28 PM
Damn, I just picked up an axle 'nut socket' set from Princess Auto on Wednesday...wasn't cheap either. :thumbsdow

QuasarCav
03-17-2006, 12:35 PM
I got a purdy one from Autovalue because my friend said she would pay for all the tools I needed to do the job.

freakin
03-17-2006, 01:13 PM
Do you have something to open the balljoints? I tried leaving the bolt on with only a couple of threads in, then jacked up the car by the bolt so that the spring was compressed, then hit the control arm with an 8lb sledge hammer for a good 10 minutes. The driver's side came out with minimal work, but the passenger side still isn't opening up. I think I need something that's more of a press then just a big hammer.

QuasarCav
03-17-2006, 01:31 PM
Do you have something to open the balljoints? I tried leaving the bolt on with only a couple of threads in, then jacked up the car by the bolt so that the spring was compressed, then hit the control arm with an 8lb sledge hammer for a good 10 minutes. The driver's side came out with minimal work, but the passenger side still isn't opening up. I think I need something that's more of a press then just a big hammer.

Are you planning on re-using the joints?

dirty_magic
03-17-2006, 01:33 PM
what about a generic ball joint seperator? I used one way back when, and with the help of a hammer it worked pretty well.

freakin
03-17-2006, 01:44 PM

Are you planning on re-using the joints?

Originally posted by dirty_magic
what about a generic ball joint seperator? I used one way back when, and with the help of a hammer it worked pretty well.

Yeah, that's the problem. I am planning on re-using the ball joint, hence why I didn't using a tuning fork. Mike had a really interesting tool that he used on my parts car to get the drive shafts out. Usually I can get it down with a hammer to the side of the control arm, provided the spring is loaded, but not this time. I guess I have to splurge for more fancy tools. I was hoping to borrow someones first, hehe.

QuasarCav
03-17-2006, 02:05 PM
I've heard a gear puller set can do it.

You can borrow it from partsource for free!

freakin
03-17-2006, 03:21 PM
This is what I was looking for:
http://www.princessauto.com/prodimages/CAN/8003685.gif

Basically the same idea as a gear puller, only a smaller opening for suspension pieces.

frozenrice
03-17-2006, 05:10 PM

haha, I've got two of them! TIP: Liquidation Super Centre off of 58th Ave SE has them for $6.00 a piece. I know you get what you pay for, so I bought two of them in case. At NAPA, AutoValue, etc they cost like $30.00. I figure for the amount that I will use it, I don't need a really good one. It seems to do the trick though.

Matt, if you need to borrow my ball joint seperator you're more than welcome if you don't mind me borrowing your valve spring compressor (if you've got one?). Give me a shout.

freakin
03-17-2006, 05:33 PM
No problem Mikey! I don't really have wheels at the moment though. Any chance that you'd be in my neck of the woods around noon tomorrow? You're more than welcome to borrow the compressor if you need it.

frozenrice
03-17-2006, 07:48 PM
hehe, hearing you say that you don't have a car sounds funny. You probably have enough parts to build one from scratch. My plans for noon hour tommorrow are up in the air. We're supposed to meet up with somebody but she can't/won't confirm with us until roughly and hour before. I can run down that way maybe mid/late afternoon if you're available. If not, let me know what other times work for you.

danlowteg
03-17-2006, 08:49 PM
30 for a socket wow i just put 60 to that and get a full mac set but i get discounts :D

gen2teggy
03-18-2006, 01:51 PM
wow we r almost at 100th page

frozenrice
03-18-2006, 02:57 PM
wow we r almost at 100th page

Let's make this fun.
First page ownage on page 100 wins one of my spare axel nut sockets.

RULES:
-Contest starts when the counter hits page 95.
-The posts have to be legit. Multiple duplicate posts don't count. (gen2teggy- that means you, haha).
-Irelevant posts (i.e. I have a dog [end post]) and posts not containing a complete sentence using the word Integra will not count as well.
-You are disqualified from winning if you fail to adhere to any of the above.

Good luck!

gen2teggy
03-18-2006, 03:03 PM
:rofl:

hey whats a spare axel nut socket?
oh n does anyone have n extra...speedo cabel?? i could buy?

frozenrice
03-18-2006, 03:09 PM
It's a socket to remove the axel nut off the end of the drive shaft so you can seperate the the drive shaft from the hub.

How soon are you needing the speedo cable? I have a new one in the box but I was going to switch it out in the spring. I'm gonna try to clean up the existing one first to see if that'll stop the speedo from squeaking. If I don't end up using it you can have first dibs on it.

gen2teggy
03-18-2006, 04:58 PM
frist person that gets to 100 th page...
they will get my home made xbox 360!
let the game begin!!!

danlowteg
03-18-2006, 10:00 PM
frist person that gets to 100 th page...
they will get my home made xbox 360!
let the game begin!!!
i wanna see a pic of this 360:D

PS: "FIRST PAGE OWNAGE">>>>>>

gen2teggy
03-18-2006, 11:15 PM

i wanna see a pic of this 360:D

PS: "FIRST PAGE OWNAGE">>>>>>

hold on, it will take me about 3mins to make it...then i'll upload pics.

comes wit 4 games

freakin
03-19-2006, 01:16 AM
I picked up a new speedo cable for $40 from Silverhill a couple of years ago. They're not too pricey and it'll save your cluster from commiting suicide, like mine did.

danlowteg
03-19-2006, 02:39 AM
I picked up a new speedo cable for $40 from Silverhill a couple of years ago. They're not too pricey and it'll save your cluster from commiting suicide, like mine did.
did you say a few words? i would be sad:(

freakin
03-19-2006, 08:58 AM
I shoul've seen the warning signs, but hindsight is 20/20. I just replaced it with it's Japanese brother. That was closure enough for me.

frozenrice
03-19-2006, 10:18 AM
Matt, did that tie rod/ball joint seperator work for you?

gen2teggy
03-20-2006, 09:34 AM
frist page ownage? i dont get it? u guys always say that...

danlowteg
03-20-2006, 03:44 PM
frist page ownage? i dont get it? u guys always say that...

well i was the first to post on the page so i own it. but the thing is I also was the one who started doing it then i told matt to do it and then it was born. and now im going to sleep.....

QuasarCav
03-20-2006, 03:52 PM
Thanks again for the tires matt. They worked great on my Long Sunday afternoon.

derek123
03-20-2006, 07:15 PM
Im gonna make a "post sniper" to scam you guys outta the 100 th page.

*evil laugh*

How big is the advantage of having LSD ?

curious.

freakin
03-20-2006, 07:31 PM
^^^^ There's the obvious advantage to straight line launches, but it's not a huge difference if you're only running a stock motor. The big differences are the shorter gearing that the LSD tranny would have as well as keeping wheelspin down when cornering to keep you from understeering under throttle. If you can get one for under a grand, go for it!

PS, did you find one? If you're not going to pick it up, lPM me and let me know where it is. :thumbsup:

Genjuro
03-21-2006, 01:15 PM
hey, looks like that ignition coil didnt solve much..
even now after running the car for an hour maybe, i turn it off for 5 min, try to start it, it fires and quickly dies.
it is less frequent now though..

freakin
03-21-2006, 04:45 PM
It could also be the ignitor in the distributor. Did you just replace the coil, or the entire distributor? It might be worthwhile to get your hands on another OBD-1 distributor and swap it out to test your problem. I'd loan you one, but I don't have one that would fit your head.

derek123
03-22-2006, 12:55 AM
The big differences are the shorter gearing that the LSD tranny would have as well as keeping wheelspin down when cornering to keep you from understeering under throttle.

shorter gearing= topping out sooner. ie less top speed ? or is that taken into account ?

no such luck havent found one. :(

just trying to get some ideas together.

thanks.

freakin
03-22-2006, 10:19 AM
They're not so short that you'll top out the car. It just means that you'll be reving a little higher on the highway and that you can get in to your powerband more quickly. But if you really want a nice hybrid, then get a short geared YS1 tranny and put your 5th gear from a LS YS1 in it. Then you get the best of both worlds. The only problem is that you basically make one tranny worthless in the process.

gen2teggy
03-22-2006, 10:39 AM
middel page onweage!

QuasarCav
03-22-2006, 03:43 PM
Useless post ownage.

Genjuro, I have an ignitor from an OBD-1 Dizzy.

danlowteg
03-22-2006, 04:11 PM
you guys cant own it all...............................gowd

Genjuro
03-23-2006, 10:47 AM
replaced the ignitor before and now the ignition coil assembly. i guess when i have time, we could try your distributor.. but i still need to get my one piece replaced by speedtech lol... so that'll come first.

freakin
03-23-2006, 06:57 PM
Crap, is your headlight still not replaced? I think I saw your teg at Canadian Tire last week when I was picking up paint. I was going to surround your car with shopping carts. I figured you had the only white 92-93 with 1-pc's in the area.

frozenrice
03-23-2006, 10:22 PM
hey Matt, what would you suggest for cleaning those pistons? I'd like to give them a good cleaning or should I even bother and wait till I take the block and head in?

danlowteg
03-23-2006, 11:35 PM
hey Matt, what would you suggest for cleaning those pistons? I'd like to give them a good cleaning or should I even bother and wait till I take the block and head in?

sope, hotwater, bucket. works great for all the pistons in the shop at school

freakin
03-23-2006, 11:58 PM
You'll need to soak them pretty good to get all of that carbon off. Use a nylon brush as well, so that you don't scratch them up.

Genjuro
03-24-2006, 10:11 AM
lol yeah that was me... did you notice how bad the rust is now ? :( :( :( :(

Talonstylz
03-24-2006, 05:15 PM
FS: wings west front

Selling a wingswest RS front bumper for a 90-93 integra, i ordered the full kit and only need the sides and rear, the kit is not here yet should be a week or so, so it will be brand new, looking for offers.
also willing to trade for a mugan replica or authentic spoiler, or an exhaust manifold.

will meet in red deeer for serious buyer to save on shipping.

Talonstylz
03-26-2006, 11:52 AM
Looking for a set of factory black leather seats from a 90-93 acura integra. Let me know what you got, condition, and price. Need both front and back seats.

Thanks

danlowteg
03-26-2006, 01:58 PM
thats gonna be a hard to find talon

Talonstylz
03-26-2006, 03:20 PM
thats gonna be a hard to find talon

I know its a longshot, but i'm willing to pay good money for a nice set.

frostyda9
03-26-2006, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Talonstylz

I know its a longshot, but i'm willing to pay good money for a nice set.

I have a set. $5000, and you get a free DA :rofl:

Talonstylz
03-26-2006, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by frostyda9

Well if what i have to do is buy a complete car, swap seats, then i might actually consider doing so.

You just actually gave me a pretty damn good idea.

freakin
03-26-2006, 06:05 PM
I'm halfway through a tranny swap and I'm stuck. I can't get the tranny to come down any further. Anyone want to stop by and give me a hand? I have some beer. :)

Speed_Dreams
03-26-2006, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by frostyda9

They are some nice seats....hahahaI remember pulling them out ans swapping them right infront of my house...classic...Don't sell your car!

rey_mysterio
03-26-2006, 09:39 PM
my leather on my driver seat is ripping to shit .. . . . has anyone had one of there seats re-wraped??

does anyone know where i could bring my mugen replica sides to be mounted . . . im having problem with the little lip that sits in between the door sill and door !

Talonstylz
03-26-2006, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by rey_mysterio
my leather on my driver seat is ripping to shit .. . . . has anyone had one of there seats re-wraped??

does anyone know where i could bring my mugen replica sides to be mounted . . . im having problem with the little lip that sits in between the door sill and door !

would you be willing to sell them with a trade for mint gs seats, the dark gray/black ones?
I'll even drive to calgary to deliver them.

dwillms
03-26-2006, 11:31 PM
Hey guys,

I think I've probably talked to most of you on PM's or e-mails already, but my name is Dustin and I'm parting out a 90 Integra LS.

I have a guy by the name of Shane who has spoken for the engine, and I'm just in the process of checking with him to see if he needs the tranny, ECU, wiring harness, axles, intermediate shaft, shift linkage, etc.

If he ends up buying it, I will be coming to Calgary in the next couple of weekends to deliver it to him, and *hopefully* bringing a truckload of as much stuff as I can to deliver/sell.

You can see a full list of major parts here (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123995), and a list of the interior and body parts for sale here (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=124355).

Feel free to PM or e-mail me with any parts requests, and I will let you know if I finalize the trip, so hopefully I might be able to set up a group 'swap meet' for parts.

(EDIT: And if any of you know of ANY good G2 project cars that I could haul or drive home, I would love to hear from you also)

Thanks!
-Dustin

frozenrice
03-26-2006, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Talonstylz

would you be willing to sell them with a trade for mint gs seats, the dark gray/black ones?
I'll even drive to calgary to deliver them.

Are these seats currently in the car? I'd be interested in the driver's seat.

Talonstylz
03-27-2006, 12:13 AM
no they are not currently in the car.

frozenrice
03-27-2006, 07:40 AM
hmmm. Are you interested in trading (+ cash) or selling the driver's seat? Pm me with some pictures.

QuasarCav
03-27-2006, 11:12 AM
Hey guys,

The teg got new brakes again on the weekend. Back to stock for now.

If anyone could use a front set of Axxis ultimate pads that are about 50% used they are free for the taking.

I also have a set of Poly bushings for the Stock Coupe (14.9mm) sway bar that will cost you 2 dollars.

Talonstylz
03-27-2006, 11:31 AM
hmmm. Are you interested in trading (+ cash) or selling the driver's seat? Pm me with some pictures.

I rather not part as my drivers seat isn't in the greatest shape, and i might have to resort to using these if i cant find a set of leather seats.

dwillms
03-27-2006, 11:59 AM
Hey Mike,

I'lll get you a pic of my driver's seat if you are interested, so you have some idea what it looks like.

-Dustin

frozenrice
03-27-2006, 08:03 PM
If anyone could use a front set of Axxis ultimate pads that are about 50% used they are free for the taking.

Why'd you switch back? Didn't you just get them in the past year?

frozenrice
03-27-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by dwillms
Hey Mike,

I'lll get you a pic of my driver's seat if you are interested, so you have some idea what it looks like.

-Dustin

I'm basically looking for a seat that doesn't have the usual side bolster hole. If yours doesn't have one, sure let's see the picture. Thanks.

Talonstylz
03-27-2006, 11:04 PM
Brand new just came in today, never mount unpainted.
Nice and clean, add style to your stock teg with this lip, doesn't even need paint if your going for the jdm look as its already black.
http://www.wingswest.com/product_images/2/6_l.jpg

200 for this beutiful front peice, and to top it off its authentic wingswest, so no worries about cracking/breaking, like that cheap fiberglass shit, and fits like a glove, install it yourself with ease no need to pay for some body shop to do it for 200+ when its all ready to go with a perfect fit.

QuasarCav
03-28-2006, 08:51 AM

Why'd you switch back? Didn't you just get them in the past year?

Way too agressive and very heat dependant. Not a good pad for Calgary unless you really need the extra braking power.

They will stop you like nothing, the first trip out with them I could hit my head on the steering wheel coming to a stop. When cold they dont work at all and when they are hot they are really grabby. The brake dust is just nuts, I have gunmetal wheels in 3 days max with only city driving. You'll need new rotors every 10K or so.

I'll stick with OEM for the mean time.

Genjuro
03-28-2006, 11:20 AM
hey whats a better idea? get coilovers to provide a 2-3 inch drop for summer and in winter put the stocks back in OR getting omnipower coilover kit?
i dont want my car to look like a van when i put the rims back on this year anymore....

freakin
03-28-2006, 01:59 PM
Omnipower coilovers are a great price. There's a company out of Ontario that get you then for $900inc. shipping. I've heard great things about them, but they did have an issue with some applications snapping around the fork. Read up on it on Honda-Tech.com. I'm pretty sure there was a recall on them, but just make sure you're not getting one of the first batches. I want to try out a set on my CRX. The sleeve types are ass unless you get a matched strut for them. Ground Control along with Koni Yellows or Tokico Illuminas are a good combo, but they'll end up costing more than the Omnis. Take me for a ride if you get them...I'd love to see how the feel.

freakin
03-28-2006, 02:01 PM
Lewis, let me know if you're going to toss those pads. I'm picking up an 11" rotor setup for my Teg, so the sedan's brakes are going to find their way on to the track car. I'm sure those pads would compliment them nicely.

I've got a set of KVR pads that I'd sell to you for a good price if you're intersted. I chose them for the same reasons....I didn't want something that I'd have to heat up, yet still gave good performance over stock. If you want to buy a set of Prelude pads, I'd be happy to trade you. I also have that header that you wanted so badly....I'm sure we can work something out.

Genjuro
03-28-2006, 08:35 PM
nice thats what i wanted to hear. im looking around now for more details and pricing out the kit.. which reminds me that i should get a camber kit, and control arms too. but thats spending more money....

thx matt.

danlowteg
03-28-2006, 09:31 PM
Hey guys,

The teg got new brakes again on the weekend. Back to stock for now.

I also have a set of Poly bushings for the Stock Coupe (14.9mm) sway bar that will cost you 2 dollars.

i like free ill take them where do you do wanna meet :D

QuasarCav
03-29-2006, 02:27 PM
Instead of searching or perhaps making a post I need some advice.

Selling the car or not it needs a new clutch. I have all the parts and I just want a good palce to take it to.

I was thinking the dealership just for the ease of it all but is there anywhere you guys would recommend.

freakin
03-29-2006, 05:19 PM
I'd try the pricing out at Calgary Honda. It's pretty close to you and they'll know what they're doing. I'd be interested to know what they charge for that work.....I need to get my tranny swapped out soon.

If anyone wants an armrest, here's a reasonably priced one on Ebay. It ends pretty quick, so grab it if you want one:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8050223608&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.ca%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Fcgiurl%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fcgi.ebay.ca%252Fws%252F%26fkr%3D1%26from%3DR8%26satitle%3D8050223608%26fvi%3D1

derek123
03-29-2006, 07:25 PM
^ or maybe not...

Q: why cant i bid i live in canada montreal
A: because i can not ship to canada anymore, sorry.

lol.

anyone have these rims for sale ?

http://x11.putfile.com/3/8719270827.jpg

Genjuro
03-29-2006, 09:19 PM
^ i have them but in bad condition.. use them for winter..

frozenrice
03-29-2006, 11:48 PM
I'd try the pricing out at Calgary Honda. It's pretty close to you and they'll know what they're doing. I'd be interested to know what they charge for that work.....I need to get my tranny swapped out soon.

They definately know what they're doing when it comes to "marketing". I recently took our Accord there to get the timing and valves adjusted and ended up getting a new oil pan gasket and brake system flush. $cha$$ching$$! I should have known better and had a bit of a backbone on the oil pan gasket. I even told them I knew it was leaking and that I'd do it myself, but the advisor kept saying "but it's leaking really, really bad." (said in a monotone voice as if reading from a script). Yeah right. A couple of drops on the driveway everyday isn't really "that bad". Instead of $30 for a gasket and a few hours of my time, it cost almost $300. Oh yeah, they also found a rattle that I was trying to get rid of. They said it would cost me $70 to remove a heat shield from the exhaust. I said forget it on that one though.

BTW, their shop rate is $98/hour and they charge you according to the shop book manual. That is, if the book says it will take .7 hours to do something they will charge you .7 hours even though you know it will only take 10mins.

QuasarCav
03-30-2006, 09:03 AM
That is what I dont want to deal with at the dealership.

I just want someone to install the clutch, flywheel and rear seal and charge me accordingly. I dont want to be upsold at a car repair place. There was a guy on here that offered to do it but he is never not busy and I would hate my car to be gone for more than a day.

QuasarCav
03-30-2006, 12:39 PM
Calgary honda, = $700

That is with the service advisor questioning my choice in Parts and asking if I would like to buy OEM honda just to make sure.

freakin
04-01-2006, 10:34 AM
Does anyone want a XSi cluster? Shoaib and JDM source told me that he has 3 or so of them for $150. They're like the one I have in my car, 8,000RPM redline, no MPH and the speedo goes to 180.

Talonstylz
04-01-2006, 10:40 AM
Does anyone want a XSi cluster? Shoaib and JDM source told me that he has 3 or so of them for $150. They're like the one I have in my car, 8,000RPM redline, no MPH and the speedo goes to 180.

is there an auto cluster?

frozenrice
04-01-2006, 11:14 AM
Calgary honda, = $700

That is with the service advisor questioning my choice in Parts and asking if I would like to buy OEM honda just to make sure.

haha, probably a scripted sales pitch.
Did you know that the service advisors are commission based? I called a dealer one time to inquire about what a service advisor's job was like and the topic of salary came up. The manager said a service advisor can make up to $80,000 year depending on "certain things". He didn't say it outright, but with the tone and choice of words used, reading between the lines, he was implying it was commision.