PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2nd Gen Integra Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

freakin
04-01-2006, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Talonstylz

is there an auto cluster?

No clue, just PM him on here. Just tell him they're the clusters that he was talking to Matt about. He'll know the ones I'm reffering to. If I didn't already have one, I'd be picking one up.

jaylo
04-01-2006, 02:12 PM
Just to let you guys know there are 2 types of clusters:

-Both will come from an RSi or an XSi, not all of them came from XSi's

-There is an 89-90 cluster (RSi or XSi), with thicker tick marks and 8000RPM redline. There's an abundance of these clusters.

-There is also a 91-92 cluster (RSi or XSi), has a much nicer thinner tick marks and 8200RPM redline. This one is the most rare and sought after cluster.

Later guys :)

Originally posted by freakin
Does anyone want a XSi cluster? Shoaib and JDM source told me that he has 3 or so of them for $150. They're like the one I have in my car, 8,000RPM redline, no MPH and the speedo goes to 180.

freakin
04-02-2006, 02:39 AM
^^^^ same deal with our cars. The 90-91 have the thick lines, and the 92-93's have the nice thin lines. I forgot to look at the clusters, so I'm not sure if they were the nicer ones or not. Either way, they're worth checking out.

jaylo
04-02-2006, 04:33 PM
hey stevieo, is this one used to be your car?

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125185

If it is he's curbing it $1,000 more than you sold it for.

stevieo
04-02-2006, 04:43 PM
yeah thats my old car, it is also an RS not a gs if anyone wants to know.

I just noticed it too, my friend just showed me the link.

gen2teggy
04-05-2006, 12:26 AM
dizzyyy broke on me today...im kinda madd
not a good month for me

freakin
04-05-2006, 12:20 PM
I took a look at the clusters at JDM Source source yesterday. They're in really nice shape and one only has 20,000ish KM on it. He just put them up on Beyond, so if you're interested in one, take a look at this:
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=125665

danlowteg
04-05-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by gen2teggy
dizzyyy broke on me today...im kinda madd
not a good month for me
what were you doing to break that

gen2teggy
04-05-2006, 08:36 PM
i didnt get a tune up HAHAH
i got it all fixed now

gen2teggy
04-06-2006, 03:19 PM
dead...

jaylo
04-06-2006, 06:02 PM
I took a look at the clusters at JDM Source source yesterday. They're in really nice shape and one only has 20,000ish KM on it. He just put them up on Beyond, so if you're interested in one, take a look at this:
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=125665

I looked at the pictures and it's the old ones, a lot of those around, but still okay looking.

gen2teggy
04-07-2006, 01:03 AM
has anyone of you had this problem?
it seems my headers have a 1inch hole in em. The hole is on the far rite one..near the TOP, now my car runs like crappp! i just found out todayy

not a very good month for me :thumbsdow

frozenrice
04-07-2006, 07:00 AM
Is it an aftermarket header? I've got a stock one from a 92 if you need it. Free.

gen2teggy
04-07-2006, 01:23 PM
its after market,
would the 92 fit my b16?

freakin
04-07-2006, 01:37 PM
Is your B16 OBD1 or OBD0? If it's OBD1, then Mike's manifold will work for you. If you have OBD0, then you'll need an OBD0 manifold/header. The OBD0 setups have 2 2-wire oxygen sensors, one at the collector and one about halfway up the manifold, where the OBD1 manifolds have a single 4-wire oxygen sensor at the collector.

gen2teggy
04-08-2006, 05:27 PM
well, after all the troble i had wit her....and just payed my insurice...fixed all the crapp that breaks down....
the engine blew...gone.....

everything is going down hilll

RIP white beast!

bigbadboss101
04-08-2006, 06:10 PM
Buy mine G2Teggy. 91 Red GS 4 door.

danlowteg
04-08-2006, 07:28 PM
well, after all the troble i had wit her....and just payed my insurice...fixed all the crapp that breaks down....
the engine blew...gone.....

everything is going down hilll

RIP white beast!
it just blew up? what are you going to do now? part it out?

db1
04-08-2006, 07:55 PM
question for everybody, more to db1 owners. what suspension setup would you recommend? i dont want the car slammed, just low enough so it doesnt look like im 4 x 4 'ing thanks in advance

frozenrice
04-08-2006, 08:32 PM
Dave sorry to hear about the car. That sucks. Hope you can get things turned around with it and keep it alive.

DB1, I'm on HR Sports which lower the car 1.8" all around.
I get a little bit of scraping, but mostly it's just the mudguards and the odd time the exhaust but not that bad. I think Tein has a set (can't remember which line though S-tech?) that drop it only 1.5" and are a bit softer than HRs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/DSCF0173.jpg

freakin
04-08-2006, 10:54 PM
This is somewhere between 2" and 3". I'm on coilovers, so I'm not too sure where exactly I'm at. One suggestion though, get new shocks, especially if you're going with a stiff spring. 1.8-2.0" Is definately a good hight without getting too caried away. Also keep mind that Mike and I are running on 17's, so the car is sitting a little higher then it would on stock wheels. I go down about an inch with my 14's on.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/matteakin/acura/wingless%203.JPG
http://www.members.shaw.ca/matteakin/acura/wingless%201.JPG

freakin
04-09-2006, 12:01 AM
I'm going to be a picture whore today. I sold my Rotas to Dan and then picked up some ITR 11" brakes, 4x113 hubs and wheels for the other car. :bigpimp:

http://members.shaw.ca/matteakin/EF/brakes/DSCN4588.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/matteakin/EF/brakes/DSCN4583.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/matteakin/EF/brakes/DSCN4581.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/matteakin/EF/brakes/DSCN4582.jpg

gen2teggy
04-09-2006, 10:21 AM
whoaaaa its still alive!!!

we cant figure whats wrong wit it?????
everytime we start the engine...it wouldnt idle...and it back fires alot...once u step on the gas..it dies.

we checked
-timming
-injectors
-pulgs
-dizzy
-all the senors
-pullys
-compresssionn is fine
-fuel pump
-fuel reg

when we check the spark plugs...number 1 and 4
seen to have this black stuff on them and i they r new.

they said too much fuel and not enought spark
but the dizzy works fine.

he thinkgs it the map senor or the ECU

but if its the ECU, then the car wouldnt start rite?

i need some help here...me and my friend spent 10hrs on her....
i love my baby to death :cry:

danlowteg
04-09-2006, 11:15 AM
whoaaaa its still alive!!!

we cant figure whats wrong wit it?????
everytime we start the engine...it wouldnt idle...and it back fires alot...once u step on the gas..it dies.

we checked
-timming
-injectors
-pulgs
-dizzy
-all the senors
-pullys
-compresssionn is fine
-fuel pump
-fuel reg

when we check the spark plugs...number 1 and 4
seen to have this black stuff on them and i they r new.

they said too much fuel and not enought spark
but the dizzy works fine.

he thinkgs it the map senor or the ECU

but if its the ECU, then the car wouldnt start rite?

i need some help here...me and my friend spent 10hrs on her....
i love my baby to death :cry:

black stuff is normal, and ecus and map senors are cheap matt has some kicken around and i do as well.

And To Matt Advans You Bastered

freakin
04-09-2006, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by danlowteg

And To Matt Advans You Bastered

Advan Neova's :thumbsup:

I think I might have a map sensor kicking around from when I went to the OBD2 throttle body. I'd have to find it though. Dan didn't you take the map sensor off of my parts car?

gen2teggy
04-09-2006, 01:11 PM
could i get ur guys's number?

tson
04-09-2006, 02:12 PM
can u guys help me out im looking for pass side fender, hood, and front bumper i jsut got in an accident and my whole front fawked up and im lookin for headlights too, and if anyone have rims for sale hit me up tooo, pm me back asap thanks for the help

danlowteg
04-09-2006, 03:54 PM

Advan Neova's :thumbsup:

I think I might have a map sensor kicking around from when I went to the OBD2 throttle body. I'd have to find it though. Dan didn't you take the map sensor off of my parts car?

I took the ICU map is under the hood yo lol. Also i finshed up all those rims just need to clean the tires :D
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/danlowteg/P1010019989.jpg

as for numbers gen i dont have the ecu and map sensor yet at the end of the month i will. pm matt

frozenrice
04-09-2006, 04:56 PM
Totally off topic, but I finally sold the Camry! woot!
What's the map sensor look like? I might have one as well from a 92 if attached anywhere to the intake/throttle body.

tson, it might be a bit late, but there's a guy from Sask that might have a bunch of parts that you're looking for. Check a few pages back and in the FS section. I know he was selling a bunch of stuff and was going to bring anything that he sold with him. He was supposed to come to Calgary this weekend but I'm not sure if anything came of it.

tson
04-09-2006, 05:01 PM
yea i pm'd him and yea no reply fawk but thanks anyway

stevieo
04-09-2006, 05:46 PM
hey matt, you get that from jdmsource? haha i was gonna buiy those last year but he couldn't find the rear 114.3 conversion for me intime so i said to hell with it.

freakin
04-09-2006, 10:02 PM

I have to look in my garage for a map...I can't remember were I put my spare little parts

I took the ICU map is under the hood yo lol. Also i finshed up all those rims just need to clean the tires :D

as for numbers gen i dont have the ecu and map sensor yet at the end of the month i will. pm matt

The rims look good! I'm sorta regreting selling them...but I'm sure they'll look good on your car. I thought you took the map as well, but I might just be on crack.

Originally posted by frozenrice
Totally off topic, but I finally sold the Camry! woot!
What's the map sensor look like? I might have one as well from a 92 if attached anywhere to the intake/throttle body.

tson, it might be a bit late, but there's a guy from Sask that might have a bunch of parts that you're looking for. Check a few pages back and in the FS section. I know he was selling a bunch of stuff and was going to bring anything that he sold with him. He was supposed to come to Calgary this weekend but I'm not sure if anything came of it.

Mike, the map sensor is on the firewell, right behind the intake. There's a couple of small cylinders that sorta look like nitrous solenoids with vacum lines attached.

Originally posted by stevieo
hey matt, you get that from jdmsource? haha i was gonna buiy those last year but he couldn't find the rear 114.3 conversion for me intime so i said to hell with it.

Thos are the ones. Shoaib hooked me up with a good deal for fixing a computer for him.

Woot for mulitiple quotes in one reply.

frozenrice
04-09-2006, 11:22 PM
Mike, the map sensor is on the firewell, right behind the intake. There's a couple of small cylinders that sorta look like nitrous solenoids with vacum lines attached.

Okay then I don't have a map sensor.
Matt, did you get the tool okay?

freakin
04-09-2006, 11:46 PM
Oh, I forgot to clarify, OBD2 throttle bodies have the map sensor on them. The rest are on the firewall.

Yep, I found the tool by the door when I got home. Thanks for droping it off.

gen2teggy
04-10-2006, 12:51 AM
anyone got a rear bummper i could buy off ya? 90-91?

freakin
04-10-2006, 08:10 AM
I have a 92-93 rear. It's black, and includes the rebar. It will bolt right up and looks better than the 90-91. You'll just have to paint it.....unless you want a black bumper on a white car. I'll sell if for $100. Oh and I won't have a chance to look for the map sensor until later in the week for you. I'm too busy with school at the moment. I'll let you know if/when I find it, but that likely won't be until Thursday or Friday.

gen2teggy
04-10-2006, 01:14 PM
okay i'll take it your rear, gimme a call around 7ish
399-2589

QuasarCav
04-10-2006, 05:53 PM
I have a 92-93 rear. It's black, and includes the rebar. It will bolt right up and looks better than the 90-91. You'll just have to paint it.....unless you want a black bumper on a white car. I'll sell if for $100. Oh and I won't have a chance to look for the map sensor until later in the week for you. I'm too busy with school at the moment. I'll let you know if/when I find it, but that likely won't be until Thursday or Friday.

Your avatar scares me Matt, Your looking at about 10K to put that in the CRX.

gen2teggy
04-12-2006, 01:21 AM
all fixed now

frozenrice
04-12-2006, 07:13 AM
Cool Dave. What was wrong with it?

gen2teggy
04-12-2006, 12:22 PM
the map senor and the crank senor
n some wires burns out

snowman
04-13-2006, 01:55 PM
Hey as some of you know the abtegs.com website sucks due to server issues , so we decided start over again

Please register at: http://www.abtegs.net

i hope to see all of you old and new there

Karm
[email protected]

Genjuro
04-13-2006, 02:23 PM
man... i cant catch a break..

massive shaking steering when breaking and clunking from the front passenger wheel.. think it started with the rotors but it could be worse now.. and squeeking brakes..
my exhaust midpipe and cat has holes in it and sounds like shit. my passenger side window doesnt want to go up or down sometimes...
low setting for heater doesnt work..

that and fucking speedtech wont reply to me and i dont have time to go there. (the headlight)

*rips hair out*

/end rant
:drama:

danlowteg
04-13-2006, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Genjuro

massive shaking steering when breaking and clunking from the front passenger wheel.. think it started with the rotors but it could be worse now.. and squeeking brakes..
my exhaust midpipe and cat has holes in it and sounds like shit. my passenger side window doesnt want to go up or down sometimes...

that and fucking speedtech wont reply to me and i dont have time to go there. (the headlight)

*rips hair out*

/end rant

speedtech not helping. somthing must be wrong...........:rofl:

frozenrice
04-13-2006, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Genjuro

*rips hair out*

/end rant

genjuro, that sucks to hear that you're having such crappy luck. Not to add salt to your wounds but I have never felt confident about dealing with Speedtech from everybody's stories about them. You just added another black X in my book. I'm not saying anything bad about them- I'm just not too sure about their business savy.

snowman, thanks for the heads up.

rey_mysterio
04-14-2006, 09:53 AM
hey genjuro try spraying contact cleaner on your up/down button from your window. . . . . it worked for me

rey_mysterio
04-14-2006, 09:54 AM
:confused:

frozenrice
04-14-2006, 09:22 PM
Installed a new OEM part today.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/DSCF0407.jpg

danlowteg
04-14-2006, 10:49 PM
Installed a new OEM part today.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/DSCF0407.jpg

where are the slurpies those come stock cmon:closed:

frozenrice
04-14-2006, 11:02 PM
Unfortunately the cupholder is broken like most of the other Integra armrests. If I can find some rigid enough metal that I can bend, I might be able to repair it.

freakin
04-15-2006, 01:16 AM
I love armrests! I can't belive I went that long without one. Is that the USDM armrest? I heard that they were different from the CDM and JDM armrests, but haven't seen one yet. Mine looks like this:
http://www.members.shaw.ca/matteakin/acura/New_Toys/armrest2.jpg

Did anyone pickup that JDM one that I posted from ebay a couple of weeks ago?

frozenrice
04-15-2006, 04:31 PM
I believe it's the USDM one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/43_1.jpg

I ran a few errands today and was it ever nice having the armrest to lean on. I don't know how I've gotten along without it either.

MaximumSpeed
04-15-2006, 08:09 PM
Yes, Mike you have the USDM one, I have it too, but mine is leather haha :werd:
Either one works in our cars as we don't have to deal with auto seatbelts.
Feels like night and day, beats having to rest your right arm in your own lap!

frozenrice
04-15-2006, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by MaximumSpeed
beats having to rest your right arm in your own lap!

Depends on what your hand is doing in your lap........
Is it common for the outer plastic cover to split? When I got mine, it was split in two pieces. I used JB Weld to fuse the two halves together and then ended up having to paint it to cover up the seam from where the stuffed oozed out.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/DSCF0406.jpg

you can see in the picture where it had split...

MaximumSpeed
04-16-2006, 12:11 AM
I dunno about cracking where yours did. When mine was shipped it cracked a little corner off, but from yours it seems like as if it was broken in half?! :dunno: from maybe resting to hard on it?
I see you got your armrest from Zameer hehe

And you don't want to know what I was doing with my hand before I got my armrest hehe

Talonstylz
04-16-2006, 06:25 PM
Anyone know where i can get some jdm side moldings far a 2 door teg? I would like to avoid ebay and online if possible.

Thanks.

frostyda9
04-16-2006, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by MaximumSpeed
Yes, Mike you have the USDM one, I have it too, but mine is leather haha :werd:

:bigpimp: :hitit:

Hey...where would you guys take your teg for a wheel bearing? The last one I did was like $250ish at the dealership

frozenrice
04-16-2006, 09:40 PM
Talonstyle, you're only bet would probably be online. The thin mouldings are begining to be a rare item. You'd be lucky to find a set of thin ones locally.

Dave, least expensive method IMO is to remove the steering knuckle yourself and take to a shop to get them to replace the bearing. Once that's done, just reinstall.

frostyda9
04-16-2006, 10:04 PM
Dave, least expensive method IMO is to remove the steering knuckle yourself and take to a shop to get them to replace the bearing. Once that's done, just reinstall.

I don't have time or space, and my car is running on 3 cylinders as is. It need to get it to a shop :(

frozenrice
04-17-2006, 07:56 PM
Dave, that sucks. How long ago did this happen? How did you find out?

Looks like we got unstickied..............again.

frostyda9
04-17-2006, 08:11 PM
Dave, that sucks. How long ago did this happen? How did you find out?

Looks like we got unstickied..............again.

I washed the engine on Saturday. I started it up right after, and it was fine. About 15 minutes later, it starts to run rough and continued to do so until today. Today I pulled out the plugs and found some water had seeped down into #4, and I am *hoping* (cross fingers, knock on wood) that was the only problem. Still misses a bit on the one cylinder, but it's a lot better. Time will tell...

Speaking of that, if you are free any weekend let me know :D
I've got a big roadtrip coming up and I want to rebuild the dizzy, install an external coil, and basically check the car over...since I can't do any of it in my parkade here :banghead:

Genjuro
04-17-2006, 11:34 PM
looks like we're un-sticked again?

danlowteg
04-18-2006, 02:25 PM
i was gonna post it but i had a computer with 28k modem so yah it took 10 mins to load one page. :thumbsdow

91VTEG
04-19-2006, 12:27 PM
hey since its getting nicer out im wondering if any of you guys would be down for a little meet or somthing sometime soon?

bigbadboss101
04-19-2006, 01:29 PM
Hey folks,

I am looking to get a G3 so am selling my 91 GS 4 door.
Like this car very much, hence I am sticking with Acura.

Let me know if you are interested. It's posted in FS.

frozenrice
04-19-2006, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by 91VTEG
hey since its getting nicer out im wondering if any of you guys would be down for a little meet or somthing sometime soon?

I was thinking the same thing. When's a good time for everyone?
Frosty, when's your big trip? I'm sure we can find a weekend for you to use the garage. Let me know.

frostyda9
04-19-2006, 11:07 PM

I was thinking the same thing. When's a good time for everyone?
Frosty, when's your big trip? I'm sure we can find a weekend for you to use the garage. Let me know.

Meet = :thumbsup:

As for my roadtrip, not till late July. The wheel bearing and a fresh alignment are getting done next week, so the other stuff is less critical and can wait till whenever :thumbsup:

CI_Josh
04-19-2006, 11:19 PM
BOO! My brother backed into my teg yesterday morning and now I need a new door. Does anyone have a red door for a 93 teg? or know anyone that has one? (Passenger side).

Total cost to get it fixed if I take it in this week = $1791.55

This really pisses me off cause my car was BRAND FREAKING NEW looking.

Also I'm looking for some 16 inch wheels for my teg so again if anyone knows somebody that has some, speak up. I'll love you forever.

Josh

frozenrice
04-19-2006, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by CI_Josh
BOO! My brother backed into my teg.....................Total cost to get it fixed if I take it in this week = $1791.55

Sorry to hear that. Make your brother pay for it.......how bad did he hit you? That's a lot of money.

CI_Josh
04-20-2006, 04:51 AM
Yeah it sucks a lot. The sun was in his eyes and it was just an accident. I'm paying for 350 of that cause I'm going to get a bit of rust fixed at the same time. Ironicly he hit right in 1 of the two spots where there was rust. So once I do get the car back I will be completely rust free.

He didn't hit me that bad. Total for his damage is just under 1500 bones. But how he hit the door ended up so that the door needs replacing. In the dark its even hard to tell that there is damage. I might get around to posting a few pics.

That quote is from A-1, one of the best places in the city. I guess I could take it to Maaco... but I plan on keeping the car for longer then a year. haha.

QuasarCav
04-20-2006, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by CI_Josh
Yeah it sucks a lot. The sun was in his eyes and it was just an accident. I'm paying for 350 of that cause I'm going to get a bit of rust fixed at the same time. Ironicly he hit right in 1 of the two spots where there was rust. So once I do get the car back I will be completely rust free.

He didn't hit me that bad. Total for his damage is just under 1500 bones. But how he hit the door ended up so that the door needs replacing. In the dark its even hard to tell that there is damage. I might get around to posting a few pics.

That quote is from A-1, one of the best places in the city. I guess I could take it to Maaco... but I plan on keeping the car for longer then a year. haha.

I saw a few cars driving around with the banner listed in your sig,

what is the average age of these people? 16?

Genjuro
04-20-2006, 09:55 AM
meet or trip would be wicked when i get my car fixed.. that wont be done till my brothers car is fixed...(damn DSM's)
love the weather lately.

91VTEG
04-20-2006, 10:23 AM
any time for a meet is good for me, except the weekend of SCN cause im showing my car.

frostyda9
04-20-2006, 06:06 PM
No Saturdays either ;) Sunday is my only non-work day

CI_Josh
04-20-2006, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

I saw a few cars driving around with the banner listed in your sig,

what is the average age of these people? 16?

God no, there is actually only one member under 18 but he is special...kinda. haha. There were a few people that got in and got banners then started driving like they are 16. I can't stand some of them. Most of the guys are cool, the club is mostly for people that love cars, we have BBQs and meets and cruises, sit around in summer and drink beer and help each other with car problems. But there are always those few idiots that think because their car sounds like a chainsaw they can drive like they own the road. Next time you (or anyone) sees a member with the CI banner on his/her car driving like an idiot let me know so I can kick them out of my club.

danlowteg
04-21-2006, 12:37 PM
Been busy but heres a update starting the 28th car is going back to black and these goddies are going to be put on
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/danlowteg/dgfhgdfhg.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/danlowteg/kijj1.jpg
one last part needed for my kit is a fuel pump and the camber kit is on the way:thumbsup: :D

freakin
04-21-2006, 12:51 PM
That looks like a bunch of my old parts. :thumbsup:

Dan, I need to meet up with you this weekend to figure out what we're going to do about those coilovers. I got that phone you gave me working, so now I don't have to worry about it being off all of the time....just reception with no antenna.

Is anyone going to Secret Street tonight? I'm going with Steve and his S13....the teg should be there next weekend if all goes well.

freakin
04-21-2006, 02:40 PM
Does anyone have any old axles lying around? I have to buy a couple of new ones, but need the old ones to use for cores. They can be d-series, b-series, whatever. I just need 2 bad axles, they could be snapped in half for all I care. I'll hook you up with a 6 pack for your troubles.

QuasarCav
04-21-2006, 02:44 PM
Where are you?

I've called a few nights this week and you are never home!

Did you see what corey wrote about the header? Sounds like i need to talk to my HS shop teacher.

freakin
04-21-2006, 03:21 PM
I just read it....hmm, well let me know if that sander idea works. If not, I still have that extra gasket.

I've been around both nights as well, hehe. My cell sucks though. Just leave me a message if I dont' answer. I get really bad service around my house and my phone likes to turn itself off without asking.

Genjuro
04-21-2006, 04:14 PM
i want to go to secret streets tonight but i havent the clue how to get there... want to swing by my place so i can drive with you guys? my # is 831-5231.

freakin
04-21-2006, 04:42 PM
I'm heading down from Kensington. I'll be there close to 7ish though. Steve's going ahead of me to get through tech, and I'm just meeting him there. I've PM'd you my cell no.

dirty_magic
04-21-2006, 04:57 PM
Greetings from Norway, I have yet to see a G2, but Im optomistic. Ive still got a bit more of Norway, Denmark, Sweden, and Germany to cover in 5 weeks. I was going to try to look up some G2IC members, but I think the language barrier might be a bit much, and it may come off as just plain strange. Friggin Air Canada misplaced my bag though, so I had to wear the same stinky ass socks for a couple days travel time. To get here we managed to spend 30+ hrs on Train, Bus, Plane, and Boat. I tell ya, I needed some painkillers after that flight, those seats are not made for a 280lb 6'4 person.

Anyways, Im going to be in Calgary the first week of August I believe, and I may be driving down. So we should organize a meet. My driving depends on a couple factors, whether I decide to have my car painted in Yellowknife, or find someone in Calgary to do it, as well as flight cost, accomodations, and possible other plans after my sisters wedding. If I see any G2s in my travels Ill whip out my camera and snap some shots for you guys.

frostyda9
04-21-2006, 06:19 PM
My car will probably be squealing and smoking out of the right rear wheel bearing, but I'm not going to let that stop me from getting down to Race City :D

freakin
04-21-2006, 06:29 PM
good stuff...I'm heading out now. I'll see you guys there. Just look for Steve's navy blue S13. It's a coupe, slammed, stock wheels, and one of the quarter windows missing.

Genjuro
04-21-2006, 07:19 PM
crap im still at the saddledome for the game...working.

frozenrice
04-22-2006, 11:20 PM
Dan, were you driving north on Deerfoot yesterday afternoon? A white lowered Teg, with one piece headlights, painted mouldings was following me yesterday. I thought it was frosty, so I called him but he was still at work when I called.

Magic, hope you can make it down with the car this summer. We'll for sure have to try to get a meet together or something.

frozenrice
04-23-2006, 12:02 AM
For those of you who don't own a G2 repair manual, I came across this tonight (I thought I'd share it with those who are less fortunate to not have an actual hard copy).

repair manual (http://www.hondaclub.ca/showthread.php?tid=174&pid=1680&)

danlowteg
04-23-2006, 11:26 AM
Dan, were you driving north on Deerfoot yesterday afternoon? A white lowered Teg, with one piece headlights, painted mouldings was following me yesterday. I thought it was frosty, so I called him but he was still at work when I called.

sure was you drive really slow mike:devil:

freakin
04-23-2006, 02:24 PM
Does anyone have a clutch allignment tool for a 90-91 (small input shaft) Teg? I just realized that I only one for a 92+ and I need to put my other tranny on.

frostyda9
04-23-2006, 03:20 PM
Sorry man, I don't....the shop felt inclined to keep it when they did my clutch.

PS anyone feel like giving my sorry ass a ride? I have to drop off my car tonight :(

frozenrice
04-23-2006, 10:10 PM

sure was you drive really slow mike:devil:

Just doing the speed limit.

danlowteg
04-23-2006, 11:06 PM

Just doing the speed limit.
jk but there was a guy infront of you going 90 people are getting slower on deerfoot nowadays

frostyda9
04-23-2006, 11:08 PM
I never go over 80 on Deerfoot.

QuasarCav
04-24-2006, 02:33 PM
I dont go under 130, even on the off ramps.

Hey guys....

What do you use for drain plug gaskets? I picked up a 5 pack from c-tire for my last oil change and it seems to constanly leak from there. I dont want to over tighten it because I'm afraid my pan will leak.

I've heard copper is much better but I've had no luck finding them.

danlowteg
04-24-2006, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
I dont go under 130, even on the off ramps.

Hey guys....

What do you use for drain plug gaskets? I picked up a 5 pack from c-tire for my last oil change and it seems to constanly leak from there. I dont want to over tighten it because I'm afraid my pan will leak.

I've heard copper is much better but I've had no luck finding them.

copper is great, retains oil nicely. I had the same prob your having go down to honda they seem to work for me (not sure if they are copper though).:dunno:

freakin
04-24-2006, 05:23 PM
I always grab a new one from the dealer when I get a filter. Some of the Honda dealers include them automatically when you buy a filter, some don't. Unfortunately Calgary Honda on Macleod doesn't.

MaximumSpeed
04-24-2006, 07:06 PM
You can grab some copper rings for the drain plug from PartSource ... I think.
I usually get this rubber/metal one, where the outside half of it is metal and the inner is rubber.

rey_mysterio
04-25-2006, 10:02 AM
do any of you guys know the differnce between putting HIDS in a projector housing rather than a reflector housing?:angel:

QuasarCav
04-25-2006, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by rey_mysterio
do any of you guys know the differnce between putting HIDS in a projector housing rather than a reflector housing?:angel:

One will suck and blind other drivers = reflector

One will take alot of work and look good = projector