PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2nd Gen Integra Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

danlowteg
06-07-2006, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by freakin
3,500 seems high to me. That's what it's worth in good shape. Maybe I'm just a pessimist.

what would matt offer. and do you think my rev limit at 8200 is a good idea?

freakin
06-07-2006, 08:23 AM
Dan, the GSR cams aren't just to rev higher. They'll make more power regardless. The B16 cam is basically the lowest cam you can get....it works and can work well, but anything is an upgrade from it. The 8,000 range sounds good to me for that setup.

And for that car, I'd be offering 2,500....I just doesn't have what I'd want. I'd rather not do an OBD-1 conversion if I didn't have to, and the front end damage is basically a grand. Plus it's a 90. that's a 16 year old car....the milage is decent, but it's still old. Just my $.02

frostyda9
06-07-2006, 05:30 PM
Drew - my slave driver is trying to coerce me into working this weekend. I don't know if I will end up having to or not :(

skandalz
06-08-2006, 12:02 AM
wondering if someone can help me out here. i know that it's possible to use EK stock sideskirts on a 2nd gen integra (with a little trimming), but I can't seem to find a diy guide.

does anyone have any experience with this install? or a link to a diy guide? i've searched on beyond and on g2ic.com w/ no results

freakin
06-08-2006, 08:59 AM
Just look up putting DC sideskirts on your car. You'll find that on G2IC.....should be pretty much the same. From what I've seen, it's trim to fit then drill and mount. It's totally custom, so you'll probably have to just try it.

PS if anyone has some G3 sedan sideskirts, let me know. :love:

freakin
06-08-2006, 01:41 PM
I'm post whoreing, but I'm trying to get on to a new page so we don't have to look at that penis anymore. Anyhow, here's a fun little rant from a head I was looking to pick up from Honda-Tech.com from this thread:
http://hondamarketplace.com/zerothread?id=1282380
Please note the complete abscence of any information regarding the head other than that it's labeled a 'type r head'. No mention of it's year, the cams or anything, hehe.

Here's the PM conversation that we had:

(4:36 PM 6/7/2006) freakin: Let me know if you still have the ITR head kicking around. I only need the head, so if you have people ready to take other parts, then that's fine. Just let me know what parts are left and your asking price.

Thanks,
Matt
(11:59 PM 6/7/2006) eg_type_r93: not really looking to part the head out will remove the intake manifold and dist. but not cams.
(1:25 AM 6/8/2006) freakin: What's your price without either of those parts. Also, what year is everything out of....I'm assuming by the plug cover and valve cover that this from a USDM ITR, not a 98+ JDM motor.
(4:07 AM 6/8/2006) eg_type_r93: dont talk to me like you think you know something i dont.
have i posted up the year date stamp on the head?, its just a valve cover.
(4:45 PM 6/8/2006) freakin: Ummm, ok. You don't actually specify what your head is other than it's a type R head. All that I'm doing is clarifying so that i know what cams are in it. It could be CTR, ITR or ITR 98+.

Seriously though, what's with that response? I'll find another head from someone else.

Thanks,
Matt

What a fucking douche-bag. Nice...hard to see why he's been having trouble selling it for the last year. :rofl:

tson
06-08-2006, 03:26 PM
haha damn what a hard ass hey matt hows the crx goin

tson
06-08-2006, 04:01 PM
o man my car is so nastyy... man getting tboned/scrapped isnt cool frigg i got a quote the other day and it came to like almost 5000 aiya, time to get a write off and new car? haha or stay with the teg crew and add it to my teg, bahhhh WHENS THE NEXT MEET?!?!? i wanna see everyones tegs =)):whipped:

freakin
06-08-2006, 04:10 PM
It's going well, but it's on hold for a bit. The back suspension and brakes are basically done now, just need to hook the e-brake cables up and put Lewis' sway bar in. The front spindles are off at Darren's getting swapped, so I'll have a set of DC spindles with calipers and rotors if you know of anyone that wants to upgrade an EG. I'm out of town for a week, so when I get back it's poly bushings in the front, then I'll start to bolt it all back together. Tom is stopping by to spray my engine bay Champioship White....which will be on the rest of the car next year. Once that's all done, then it's finally time for the motor install. I think it's going to be mid-late July by the time it's on the road.

I've also got to get the cage cut down and re-sized for my car. The roof is a lot lower than a DA. So if anyone wants a DA cage, and wants to order me a CRX cage from Jegs, I'd be happy to swap and pay the difference.

freakin
06-08-2006, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by tson
o man my car is so nastyy... man getting tboned/scrapped isnt cool frigg i got a quote the other day and it came to like almost 5000 aiya, time to get a write off and new car? haha or stay with the teg crew and add it to my teg, bahhhh WHENS THE NEXT MEET?!?!? i wanna see everyones tegs =)):whipped:

Damn, who was at fault? Just think of it as new paint and getting your rear quarters fixed, hehe. If it's still drivable, and it'd getting fixed on someone else's insurance bill, then go for it! If you like the car, keep it.

I'm hoping for a meet once I get back guys!! And I'm holding out for some damn mini-golf!!

frozenrice
06-08-2006, 07:45 PM
Sunday June 25th guys?

tson
06-08-2006, 07:47 PM
MINI GOLF?!?! pimp lets go paintballin ya imma keep it i lovvee my teg, this summer im prolly gonan start putting on them side markers and my eyelids as well lookin to probably start to engine swap it and matt i know someone that might get those eg stuff off ya if your willin to let it go for a good price, SUNDAY!?!? im working =(

tson
06-08-2006, 07:50 PM
mini golf wud be pimp tho i meant haha

tson
06-08-2006, 07:54 PM
ill take pics of my car and post them up

danlowteg
06-08-2006, 08:39 PM
[B]I'm post whoreing, but I'm trying to get on to a new page so we don't have to look at that penis anymore. Anyhow, here's a fun little rant from a head

you know if i get first post i should do it again

danlowteg
06-08-2006, 08:50 PM
my work is done

frozenrice
06-09-2006, 06:20 AM
You got your car fixed Dan? :thumbsup: Can you make it on the 25th then?

Saw Steve's old Teg yesterday in Shawnessy. Couldn't miss it with the coloured corners and fogs.

tson
06-09-2006, 07:15 AM
bah the sd card reader doesnt work o wells ill try some other time haha mabe with my gfs comp

db1
06-10-2006, 12:30 AM
the new db1. the last one was a piece and giving me to much problems, with the body work. so decided to move on, and came across this one. in amazing shape inside and out, got the rims on and my intake. the exhaust came with the car, and sounds amazing!! saving up for some springs to stop the 4 x 4'ing. gonna get the s2000 side markers and put them on, and one pieces soon. hope to see you all soon peeace!

http://we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr?i=wMTI1NjQ4MTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx

http://we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr?i=wMTI1NjQ4MjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx

even came with the uber rare arm rest!!! :D :D
http://we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr?i=wMTI1NjQ4MzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx

danlowteg
06-10-2006, 12:57 AM
I know matt is going to kill me but I really don’t see why I should buy all Honda gaskets and bearings and rings and engine f'junk I will need. When I can go to Napa and get a kit for 300 rings and the bearings gasket for the whole engine seals and little seals lube and plastigauge included. Mind you im still getting the Arp rod bolts. But this stuff comes with lifetime protection and lots of great reviews yes Honda run great with Honda parts but they run great with aftermarket as well. Also asked my buddie down at Calgary Honda can get me discount but not on Acura parts around 60% isn’t that coming out to be cheaper then aftermarket I just don’t know.

Just A Little 2.cents

Pics of what the kits looks like i mean thats alot of junk
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/danlowteg/190246.jpg

frozenrice
06-10-2006, 07:07 AM
db1, that's a nice car. I love the colour. If you're getting it, it's a great starting point. We're planning on meeting on the 25th so hope you can make it out with the new ride.

Dan, what are you plans with that kit? I might take some of the stuff you don't end up using. Will your car be ready for the 25th?

First page ownage, Matt this one is for you (that's funny BTW Dan lol).............

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/danlowteg/wtf_haha23.jpg

stevieo
06-10-2006, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
You got your car fixed Dan? :thumbsup: Can you make it on the 25th then?

Saw Steve's old Teg yesterday in Shawnessy. Couldn't miss it with the coloured corners and fogs.

damnit i miss my old car.

danlowteg
06-10-2006, 12:59 PM

Dan, what are you plans with that kit? I might take some of the stuff you don't end up using. Will your car be ready for the 25th?

First page ownage, Matt this one is for you (that's funny BTW Dan lol).............

what i dont use can be sold to you but i might use it all wont have any probs after thats for sure

tson
06-10-2006, 02:27 PM
hey dan got any lowering springs? or coilovers?

frozenrice
06-10-2006, 04:10 PM
After a month plus 1 week, these finally showed up in the mail..........

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/DSCF0504.jpg

danlowteg
06-10-2006, 08:51 PM
hey dan got any lowering springs? or coilovers?
sorry
i got stock springs and alteza lights i really should sell those

Mike look good stock compression?

frozenrice
06-10-2006, 09:08 PM
9.2:1, 81.5mm bore.

90Tegra
06-10-2006, 11:16 PM
my caRRRR
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/AOIFormula/IMG_1390.jpg

stevieo
06-11-2006, 12:57 AM
looking at your headlights make me miss my car even more :(

freakin
06-11-2006, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by danlowteg
I know matt is going to kill me but I really don’t see why I should buy all Honda gaskets and bearings and rings and engine f'junk I will need. When I can go to Napa and get a kit for 300 rings and the bearings gasket for the whole engine seals and little seals lube and plastigauge included. Mind you im still getting the Arp rod bolts. But this stuff comes with lifetime protection and lots of great reviews yes Honda run great with Honda parts but they run great with aftermarket as well. Also asked my buddie down at Calgary Honda can get me discount but not on Acura parts around 60% isn’t that coming out to be cheaper then aftermarket I just don’t know.

Just A Little 2.cents

Pics of what the kits looks like i mean thats alot of junk
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/danlowteg/190246.jpg

Since when do you have a small block chevy? Dan, you're going to kick yourself for buying those parts. At the very least, buy oem rings....and try to treat yourself to bearings. Just replace the out of spec ones....don't necessarily have to do them all. Seriously though, you get what you pay for. My B20 had 3 bad bearings in it and it only had 4,000KM on it. I think they used Hastings stuff in there, but I can't tell for sure. After seeing that, it's a wonder I never spun one at the revs I was turning. I'll never use something like that again. If it means a couple extra weeks of saving up to do it right, then do that!! Dan I'd hate to see you have a problem like last time with the block.

danlowteg
06-11-2006, 10:20 AM
matt i thought we talked about the small block swap. gawwwd............ but yah im going to take the enigine apart today and ill buy oem parts. i just need you to come with me to cms i need your dealing skills

frozenrice
06-11-2006, 10:36 AM
Dan if you're looking for bearings here's something I found.
I'm not sure how good these are, but the ACL name seems to come up often when it comes to aftermarket bearings. Thought I'd throw this up here just in case.

ooppps forgot the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=8074211914&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

tson
06-11-2006, 11:25 AM
hey dan are the altezzas the tail lightS? chrome black or gun metal?

danlowteg
06-11-2006, 01:03 PM
hey dan are the altezzas the tail lightS? chrome black or gun metal?

they are red very cool look i painted over the chrome becuase well its gay almost has a stock tail light look but mixed with supra lights ill try to get a pic.

Mike i wanted those ACL bearings they are on the golden eagle web site they must be good

*prettyboy*
06-11-2006, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by 91_Integz

Where are those skirts? ;)

And rear body kit??

Genjuro
06-11-2006, 04:15 PM
matt i saw you in banff yesterday.. called but you probably had no clue what number it was or it just didnt get through...
(your teg still makes me jealous)

danlowteg
06-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Genjuro
matt i saw you in banff yesterday.. called but you probably had no clue what number it was or it just didnt get through...
(your teg still makes me jealous)
Him and his counter terrorist team are stopping the terrorists from taking over the Banff springs hotel. From which he will be carrying his M4 and stun grenades

frozenrice
06-11-2006, 04:46 PM
Mike i wanted those ACL bearings they are on the golden eagle web site they must be good

Apparently for the price they're good. They're about half of OEM.

Speaking of OEM....
Took my kid to see that new movie "Cars". In a quick scene of a news segment from Japan there's this logo saying "OEM News", kinda like NBC, CBC, etc. Sorta funny I guess.
And Lewis you're not gonna like this. The main character is supposed to be a superstar so to speak and of course he has these two twin girlie fans and what not. Guess what kind of cars they were - Miatas.

tson
06-11-2006, 05:44 PM
aiite sweet, well if i do decide to get them cud ya help me paint the back ground black? =)) BAHH SOON MY FRIENDS A MEET CHALL COME AND I WILL SHOW YOU MY SEXY SIDE SWIPE :bigpimp:

Genjuro
06-12-2006, 12:03 AM
i fucking hate my teg.... (not all tegs, just mine)
the situation:
i drove it to banff on saturday, parked it at about 3pm and just left it untill sunday afternoon when i was about to head back to calgary. i turn it on normally and warm it up as i always do. then out of no where the rpm had a hiccupp.. after 2 of them it dies. 5 min later i could start it up again. drive it back to cgy and leave it untill about an hour ago when i was going to pick up my girl from work. warm it up and start driving... 5 min later it dies right on the road..
if you remember me saying that it sometimes dies after driving for a while and turning it off then on 10 min later it just doesnt start but now when the engine isnt even that hot it dies?
i asked my mechanic about that problem and he said it could be the fuel relay? i dont know anymore.... i need a second opinion.. does anyone know where i can get it scanned?

thanks

frozenrice
06-12-2006, 06:39 AM
Your mechanic is probably onto something here. Your sympton sounds like the fuel relay or the ignitor. It's a common problem with our generation of Tegs (or Hondas for that matter).

Genjuro
06-12-2006, 10:24 AM
swapped out the ignitor and ignition coil and starter and battery and checked the distributor. next is the relay i guess.... where can i get that?

derek123
06-12-2006, 01:48 PM
^ pop yours off and just resolder the contacts.

did my main ign. last week. 10 mins. tops.

Genjuro
06-12-2006, 02:18 PM
^ i wouldnt know were to start... heh

danlowteg
06-13-2006, 09:03 PM
were to far down on the list bump

frozenrice
06-13-2006, 09:27 PM
So what's happening? Are we meeting on the 25th then? So far I don't see anyone committing 100%. Dan, your car gonna be ready by then?

danlowteg
06-13-2006, 10:21 PM
i pray that it is

tson
06-14-2006, 11:00 AM
mines fugged but ill still go

danlowteg
06-14-2006, 09:39 PM
mike is on his way to manual goodness

tson
06-14-2006, 09:57 PM
how much wud it cost to change to manual anyway?

frozenrice
06-14-2006, 10:16 PM
A fair chunk........I'm just starting to get those parts together. I'll have a better idea once I start looking around a bit more.

Talonstylz
06-15-2006, 06:52 AM
A fair chunk........I'm just starting to get those parts together. I'll have a better idea once I start looking around a bit more.

what parts do you need? i dont think were doing the swap anymore.

frozenrice
06-15-2006, 06:01 PM
^^^
Hmmm, for starters the shift linkage, passenger side tranny mount and pedals set. I haven't determined which tranny yet (considering the YS1 cable). If you have the other items though, I'd probably take them off of you. I might be up to Edmonton again in July. Which tranny do you have?

danlowteg
06-15-2006, 08:27 PM
stick with a b18 tranny your going turbo not n/a you will need the long gears

frozenrice
06-15-2006, 09:11 PM
Good point. What's the tranny code for the stock b18a tranny?

Talonstylz
06-15-2006, 09:16 PM
^^^
Hmmm, for starters the shift linkage, passenger side tranny mount and pedals set. I haven't determined which tranny yet (considering the YS1 cable). If you have the other items though, I'd probably take them off of you. I might be up to Edmonton again in July. Which tranny do you have?

got the linkage, the pedal assembly, throttle cable, tranny mount, and the clutch cable, the tranny? no clue its out of a 90 rs 4 door, so whatever that is.

my friend is swapping the engine with his, and i think he is just gonna swap it in without separating the tranny, but then i'll have his tranny when we pull his engine. But all the other parts i have sitting around right now.

danlowteg
06-15-2006, 10:14 PM
score mike you got all your parts right there

danlowteg
06-15-2006, 10:14 PM
score mike you got all your parts right there

frozenrice
06-15-2006, 10:58 PM
talon. If you're serious about selling I'm very interested in what you have. What's the mileage on either of the trannies?

freakin
06-15-2006, 10:59 PM
I'm back in town now....and I have internet access again!

Andrew, sorry, I had my phone off in town so I didn't answer it. Same with you mike...I'll call you back tomorrow.

It sounds like you have all the parts you need if you got to edmonton. The only real difference between the 90-91 and the 92-93 trannys is that the input shaft is bigger, so the clutches are different. the 92-93's use the same size clutch as the hydro trannys. The YS1 is the newer 92-93, and can be short (XSi/GSR)or long geared (LS). I think the 90-91 LS tranny is coded as A1.

The YS1 is easier to find parts for, and tends to have better 3rd gear syncros. If you can get one, go for that....but the older ones work fine as well.

danlowteg
06-15-2006, 11:04 PM
matt get on msn god and mike that dual pod can be yours i just want the 1

O WTF First Page Ownage

frozenrice
06-15-2006, 11:08 PM
done deal dan. you should have let me haggle him down first though. I was almost there. I actually only wanted the dual anyways.

danlowteg
06-15-2006, 11:12 PM
way to runaway matt i was wondering if you wanna come to cms with me in the morning to tell me what to buy

frozenrice
06-15-2006, 11:17 PM
Perhaps the A1 you mean S1? Bascially if I come across a YS1 from just a regular non vtec Teg, can I assume its a long geared?

CI_Josh
06-16-2006, 03:40 AM
Ok, quick question for you guys.

On the GSR, does anyone know if removing the badges and emblems leaves holes? I'm thinking of buying some new Acura or maybe even some red Honda badges for the car since the ones on it now are kinda dull looking (chipped clearcoat and discoloration) I want to take the 'Acura' and the 'Integra' ones off and just leave the Acura or Honda logos and the GS-R badge. Various searches have shown me differing info on mounting holes, so I was just wondering if anyone has any solid info on this. Also, whats the best thing to use to attach new badges/logos?

Thanks guys.

Also any of you MSN guys can add me, [email protected] :thumbsup:

frozenrice
06-16-2006, 06:23 AM
From what I have seen on various cars is that if you have the Acura logos, there's usually two holes left behind when removing them. This is typical of the 91s and up since the Acura logo didn't appear until that year. 90 and earlier Acuras don't have logos, so no holes.

freakin
06-16-2006, 10:38 AM
way to runaway matt i was wondering if you wanna come to cms with me in the morning to tell me what to buy

I'm not going to work today, so I'd be available to go. I tried calling you, but no answer.

Perhaps the A1 you mean S1? Bascially if I come across a YS1 from just a regular non vtec Teg, can I assume its a long geared?

There's a few in the smaller input shaft cable trannys. There's a Y1, S1 and A1. I have a Y1 going in my CRX which is from a B16 (short geared). The S1 is also available in a short geared version. Both of which can be found with LSD. I don't know much about the A1, so I just assumed that was the LS. But basically if it was attached to a VTEC motor, it's short geared. If it's attached to an LS, it's long geared.

Originally posted by CI_Josh
Ok, quick question for you guys.

On the GSR, does anyone know if removing the badges and emblems leaves holes? I'm thinking of buying some new Acura or maybe even some red Honda badges for the car since the ones on it now are kinda dull looking (chipped clearcoat and discoloration) I want to take the 'Acura' and the 'Integra' ones off and just leave the Acura or Honda logos and the GS-R badge. Various searches have shown me differing info on mounting holes, so I was just wondering if anyone has any solid info on this. Also, whats the best thing to use to attach new badges/logos?

Thanks guys.

Also any of you MSN guys can add me, [email protected] :thumbsup:

The GSR badge is the only one that isn't mounted with a pin. There will be 2 holes behind each emblem otherwise. I just bought another trunk for my car, filled in the holes and painted it. If you just want to swap them, there's a couple of bolts on the back, then saw the foam off with dental floss. To put the new ones on, just use thin foam with adhesive on both sides and bolt them back in....should use the same holes.

That way I could just put it on when I felt like it and no downtime. PS, I have a black hatch in my basement if you need one. <---(shameless plug)

frostyda9
06-16-2006, 05:23 PM
Matt I heard somewhere that the LS only had a longer 5th gear? I don't know of that's true, but I thought people swapped out the LS 5th for better highway driving.

tson
06-16-2006, 06:18 PM
hey matt how much you want that hatch for again? im thinking of getting it to match the front part and grabbing dans altezzas and painting them black housing and then begin on changing to stick

freakin
06-16-2006, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by frostyda9
Matt I heard somewhere that the LS only had a longer 5th gear? I don't know of that's true, but I thought people swapped out the LS 5th for better highway driving.

nope, every gear is shorter and the final drive is different. People do swap in the LS 5th, but they keep the rest of the short gears. When I came back from Banff, I was reving in the 3,500-4,000 range on my tranny. I think I might put a LS 5th in it if I decided to ever pull it out again.

hey matt how much you want that hatch for again? im thinking of getting it to match the front part and grabbing dans altezzas and painting them black housing and then begin on changing to stick

I can't remember, but I think $100 sounds right. Everything is on it, but it is black.....so you'd have to paint it.

Talonstylz
06-16-2006, 07:06 PM
talon. If you're serious about selling I'm very interested in what you have. What's the mileage on either of the trannies?

the one that my friend is taking is unknown, as the car had 300xxxkm but said to have replaced the engine and tranny, the one in his car is also unknown as he got it with the jdm cluster, but they both work fine as far as i know, maybe if your in town before we pull it you can go for a drive in his car since he is still driving it and see what you think.

i'll let you know tomorrow if for sure were selling everything, i gotta talk it over with my girlfriend to make sure thats what she wants as she wanted 5 speed, now she doesn't, just like the turbo set-up that she wanted, but then i ended up selling it as she changed her mind.

frozenrice
06-16-2006, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Talonstylz

the one that my friend is taking is unknown, as the car had 300xxxkm but said to have replaced the engine and tranny, the one in his car is also unknown as he got it with the jdm cluster, but they both work fine as far as i know, maybe if your in town before we pull it you can go for a drive in his car since he is still driving it and see what you think.

i'll let you know tomorrow if for sure were selling everything, i gotta talk it over with my girlfriend to make sure thats what she wants as she wanted 5 speed, now she doesn't, just like the turbo set-up that she wanted, but then i ended up selling it as she changed her mind.

women..........

kiril keep me updated on what you and the gf decide.

CI_Josh
06-17-2006, 05:20 AM
Damn, it figures that the only badge I WANT to leave on is the only one that doesn't have holes!:whipped:

Maybe I should just replace the old looking logos and remove the GS-R and go sleeper:bigpimp:

freakin
06-17-2006, 09:24 AM
^^^^ That's what I did. I even get people asking me what kind of car it is. Apparantly they didn't realize there's an Integra sedan, lol.

derek123
06-17-2006, 12:08 PM
Going rim shopping this afternoon.

You guys recommend any where in particular ?

freakin
06-17-2006, 12:10 PM
CMS is good for pricing....what are you looking for? I've been drooling over the Motegei trak lite 15's. :drool:

derek123
06-17-2006, 12:26 PM
I don't think I want to go bigger than a 15... (?)

thinking maybe white...

pretty much anything but black rims

frozenrice
06-17-2006, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by derek123
thinking maybe white...pretty much anything but black rims

You getting tired of seeing every second car with those too? Gunmetal is okay because it's not black, black. It seems like every second car I see has black with polished lip......kind of getting boring :thumbsdow. It doesn't look bad, just not very original anymore.

derek123
06-17-2006, 01:18 PM
yeah, lol.

most look like ass in pics, imo.

I find very few look good in person too.

just doesn't flow with black tires and the wheel wells.
they kinda dissapear, you know ?

In the end all you see is the rotor and the caliper... meh.

[/black rim rant]

If I get 15's, what width and tire size whould I go with ?
(see below)

Next up will be lowering....

I've got a 4 finger gap (3 inches) to the bottom of the fender with the stock wheels. I'd like to end up with the tire just below the fender. ( like ~ 1 finger gap)

q.) If I go 2" lower, will they sag over time and get me in the 3" range ?

thanks again,
-derek-

frozenrice
06-17-2006, 02:02 PM
They won't likely sag that much. Mine is dropped 1.8" and I have about a 1 finger space. HR or Eibach have springs in that range. Teins I think are about 1.5".

If you go to a site like 1010tires or tirerack, there's calculators to recommend tire size combinations. stock tire/wheel size is 195/60/14. Pick a rim size that you want to go with and it should punch out some combinations for you. Remember that the overall wheel dimensions affect your speedometer readings so you don't want the overall size to be any more than +/- 3%.

tson
06-17-2006, 02:05 PM
hey matt any rust on it? and doesi t come with a spoiler and is it tinted? =))) mannnn!!!!!! mypass side everytime i look at it i get depressed =(

tson
06-17-2006, 02:05 PM
o and dan how much do you want for the altezzas? ill start collecting the money for the hatch and the altezzas soon

frostyda9
06-17-2006, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by derek123

If I get 15's, what width and tire size whould I go with ?
(see below)

205/50/15 will calculate out being the closest to stock diameter.

danlowteg
06-17-2006, 02:20 PM
o and dan how much do you want for the altezzas? ill start collecting the money for the hatch and the altezzas soon
60 sounds good to me ill send you a pic they cant really be painted back

Talonstylz
06-17-2006, 05:37 PM

women..........

kiril keep me updated on what you and the gf decide.

ok, she says sell it, still got my #? if so give me a call or just shoot me a pm and we can work something out.:thumbsup:

danlowteg
06-17-2006, 11:28 PM
heres pics as you can see custom painted. also bolt in plug in and go. only selling for 60 becuase they need some blubs come with some but you can just steal them out of your oems
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/danlowteg/798675thfgh2.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/danlowteg/798675thfgh1.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/danlowteg/798675thfgh.jpg

ill post them up for 80 tomorow but yours for 60

tson
06-18-2006, 11:57 AM
is it possible to strip the red paint off and then take apart the ligth and paint the housing black?

tson
06-18-2006, 11:58 AM
dan ill take it today whats your number?
ill meet up with ya

danlowteg
06-18-2006, 12:01 PM
im sure you could use a paint stipper let i sit and sand it off matt did it with a valve cover ask him what paint stripper he used. as for taking them apart thats hard but all you need is a large oven. but thats up to you lots of peeps said they looked awsome not to ricey and just a right hint of oem look

tson
06-18-2006, 12:04 PM
yea mabe uill replace the red with black that wud look pretty good whats your number dan ill come pcik it up today

danlowteg
06-18-2006, 12:07 PM
pmd you

Talonstylz
06-18-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Talonstylz

ok, she says sell it, still got my #? if so give me a call or just shoot me a pm and we can work something out.:thumbsup:

i also got the 5 speed cluster, forgot about that

freakin
06-18-2006, 04:36 PM
hey matt any rust on it? and doesi t come with a spoiler and is it tinted? =))) mannnn!!!!!! mypass side everytime i look at it i get depressed =(

It has a couple of rock chips, but nothing serious. It's actually in really good shape. I'll try to get some pics tonight. Same goes with the rear bumper. I've had a few people wanting to see them.

danlowteg
06-19-2006, 08:27 PM
:thumbsup:

frozenrice
06-19-2006, 10:01 PM
So what's happening? Are we meeting this weekend or not? Should we postpone a few more weeks to give Dan some more time?

frostyda9
06-19-2006, 10:04 PM
I'm stalking you Mike :devil:

Saw your car today on Hwy 8 in the AM as well as Glenmore in the PM.

danlowteg
06-19-2006, 10:07 PM
yah more time would be nice. enigne will go in this weekend for sure

tson
06-20-2006, 09:27 AM
SOO COLDD...!!hey guys i need a suggestion for a new color for my car? or should i keep it the same aztec green but mabe an updated brighter color

freakin
06-20-2006, 09:40 AM
Ammonite Green Metallic!! It's from the Pilot and Element. Check out Shoaib's DB....it's sexy! Do you still want that hatch of mine? I've give it to you cheap, just to get rid of it. It's taking up too much space. PM me your email address and I'll take some pics tonight.

This is that color:
http://automobiles.honda.com/images/banners/2006/pilot/exterior_gallery/large14.jpg

dj_honda
06-20-2006, 11:55 AM
Ammonite Green Metallic!! It's from the Pilot and Element. Check out Shoaib's DB....it's sexy! Do you still want that hatch of mine? I've give it to you cheap, just to get rid of it. It's taking up too much space. PM me your email address and I'll take some pics tonight.

This is that color:
http://automobiles.honda.com/images/banners/2006/pilot/exterior_gallery/large14.jpg

shoaibs db is galapagos green. i should know i helped pick the colour :rofl:

ammonite is a much darker colour.