PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2nd Gen Integra Thread



Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

frozenrice
12-20-2006, 01:53 PM
^ bump for the 5000th post. Think this is the single largest thread on here?

Matt, it's taking me longer to get my crap together than I originally planned. I'll keep you posted. :thumbsup:

freakin
12-20-2006, 02:09 PM
No worries Mike. If it's ready to sell when I need one then that's cool. I'm actually looking for one now...so I may or may not have one when you're done. I doubt you'll have any trouble selling that truck though.

I've put some more parts up for sale. I've put my Eagle rods and Skunk2 cam gears up for sale as well. Just search for posts under my name if you want to take a look.

I also have some more G2 parts in my basement. Anyone want a 2-door hatch, 4-door trunk+ lights, black dash, or 4-door rear handles for cheap?

bigbadboss101
12-20-2006, 04:32 PM
I am able to acquire a G2 in the next couple weeks. Either that or a CRX, or nothing. Will see what's available.

freakin
12-20-2006, 04:34 PM
Allan, that CRX with the ITR swap was sick! I'd jump on that one. Or wait a few months and you can buy a turbo B16 CRX with a fully rebuilt motor and suspension from yours truly. I think I'm getting out of the Honda game soon.

QuasarCav
12-20-2006, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101
I am able to acquire a G2 in the next couple weeks. Either that or a CRX, or nothing. Will see what's available.


Have you checked out Genjuro's ride? Mine should be for sale in about 1.5 - 2 months.

bigbadboss101
12-20-2006, 05:04 PM
That CRX with the b18c5 is sold. Looks good for sure.
Will check out a couple this weekend.
No rush cuz my beater works fine. If the price is right great, if not, keep looking :-)

Speed_Dreams
12-20-2006, 05:21 PM
holy crap this thread has exploded....

When are you guys having another meet? i would like to come out and see the new faces and trends , im thinking about picking up another G2 for a project street/race car , if the funds permit that is

:thumbsup: :bigpimp:

frozenrice
12-20-2006, 07:40 PM
Hey Drew. What are you driving now? You started a trend when you sold your Teg. There's hardly anyone left.

danlowteg
12-20-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by freakin
Allan, that CRX with the ITR swap was sick! I'd jump on that one. Or wait a few months and you can buy a turbo B16 CRX with a fully rebuilt motor and suspension from yours truly. I think I'm getting out of the Honda game soon.

why matt why :(. what you getting into now? im gonna say master of bmx video maker with a pimp as shit mini van to haul all the camara gear!!!!


Originally posted by Speed_Dreams
holy crap this thread has exploded....

When are you guys having another meet? i would like to come out and see the new faces and trends , im thinking about picking up another G2 for a project street/race car , if the funds permit that is

:thumbsup: :bigpimp:

Sweet. I had the same idea but instead i might explode a massive forged 400whp engine on my g2 once i start selling parts soon. Hey if you guys are in need of any fixing on your cars pm me. we have 4 lifts now.

bigbadboss101
12-20-2006, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by danlowteg

Hey if you guys are in need of any fixing on your cars pm me. we have 4 lifts now.

I'll take up your offer!

freakin
12-20-2006, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by danlowteg


why matt why :(. what you getting into now? im gonna say master of bmx video maker with a pimp as shit mini van to haul all the camara gear!!!!



Sweet. I had the same idea but instead i might explode a massive forged 400whp engine on my g2 once i start selling parts soon. Hey if you guys are in need of any fixing on your cars pm me. we have 4 lifts now.

Well I might have to hit you up on that lift idea...where are you working now? I need to get the CRX on the road. It's been way too long. As far as the latest project....you're close. I'm hunting down a Toyota pickup (like Mike's ;) ), so if you know of one, let me know. I just found a motor, now I need a shell....and some air springs

danlowteg
12-21-2006, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101


I'll take up your offer!

what do you need done? my boss is going down to south america on january 14. I need to make some extra cash and ill have the shop to my own


Originally posted by freakin


Well I might have to hit you up on that lift idea...where are you working now? I need to get the CRX on the road. It's been way too long. As far as the latest project....you're close. I'm hunting down a Toyota pickup (like Mike's ;) ), so if you know of one, let me know. I just found a motor, now I need a shell....and some air springs

what do you need done matt?

freakin
12-21-2006, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by danlowteg


what do you need done? my boss is going down to south america on january 14. I need to make some extra cash and ill have the shop to my own

what do you need done matt?

Need to finish the car soon. Need to get the suspension done, brakes, plumbing, wiring the engine.....you know, the usual stuff, hehe. I haven't touched it since September.

danlowteg
12-21-2006, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by freakin


Need to finish the car soon. Need to get the suspension done, brakes, plumbing, wiring the engine.....you know, the usual stuff, hehe. I haven't touched it since September.

well i might be able to get lots of that done for some parts ;)

78si
12-22-2006, 12:59 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=158057

G2teg thread members get $20 off:rofl:

danlowteg
12-24-2006, 11:02 PM
merry x-mas everyone:thumbsup:

bigbadboss101
12-24-2006, 11:12 PM
Yup. Nothing opens Christmas Day. Was hoping to go for a workout.

We should have a meet :-)

frozenrice
12-28-2006, 06:45 PM
There's something wrong with my charging system. No alternator light, but if my car sits for more than a day and a half, the car barely starts. I drove the car yesterday to go to the store (15min round trip) and this afternoon I went to start it, it wouldn't turn over but my accessories were working fine. When I pull up to a stop, the dash dims quite a bit and is fine again once I start moving. Ground wires? Anybody replace them before? Easy to do? Dan are you open to me bringing the car in to the shop next week? I spent 5 hours in the garage today working on some other things on the car and decided that I don't want to work in an unheated garage again for a while.

QuasarCav
12-28-2006, 06:47 PM
Have you checked the alternator wiring? The battery could also be pooched, how old is it?

When you pull up to a stop light the power from the alternator is low. That combined with a crappy battery could cause the dimming at lights and the hard start. If you need a hand just PM me, I would take a garage over where I have to work anyday.

frozenrice
12-28-2006, 07:03 PM
The battery is an Optima and it's barely two years old. Have you done the ground wiring before? I'm a dunce with automotive electrical. Other than being able to jump start and some basic audio stuff, it's not my forte.

Speed_Dreams
12-28-2006, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
Hey Drew. What are you driving now? You started a trend when you sold your Teg. There's hardly anyone left.

I have an 02 WRX, its pretty fun , daily driver its quick enough for me. just little mods like Tien S-tech springs , 3in Turbo back exhaust and the usual gauges that go along with it.

I am hopping to be getting a new job here in the new year so i will be paying that off and then if i have some money left over to have some fun with , i will be picking up a G2 teg so i don't have to worry about shit breaking all the time on my daily driver , the WRX :thumbsup:

QuasarCav
12-28-2006, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
The battery is an Optima and it's barely two years old. Have you done the ground wiring before? I'm a dunce with automotive electrical. Other than being able to jump start and some basic audio stuff, it's not my forte.


I redid my grounds in the summer and it's a pretty easy job with the right tools and nice flexible wire. If this is happening all of a sudden I would not expect it to be the grounds, have you checked the alt. wiring or the battery cables?

78si
12-28-2006, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
There's something wrong with my charging system. No alternator light, but if my car sits for more than a day and a half, the car barely starts. I drove the car yesterday to go to the store (15min round trip) and this afternoon I went to start it, it wouldn't turn over but my accessories were working fine. When I pull up to a stop, the dash dims quite a bit and is fine again once I start moving. Ground wires? Anybody replace them before? Easy to do? Dan are you open to me bringing the car in to the shop next week? I spent 5 hours in the garage today working on some other things on the car and decided that I don't want to work in an unheated garage again for a while. \



Check your running voltage with a multi-meter. Set it on DC. It should be 14+V

frozenrice
12-29-2006, 12:38 AM
I wouldn't say that it just started. I noticed the dimming dash lights during that 30 below cold snap when I was stuck on Glenmore trying to get home. At one point the voltage dropped low enough that the stereo shut itself off a few times if I didn't keep the revs up a bit.
As for checking the running voltage would the battery terminals be the best place to take the reading?

jetfire
12-29-2006, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by frozenrice
I wouldn't say that it just started. I noticed the dimming dash lights during that 30 below cold snap when I was stuck on Glenmore trying to get home. At one point the voltage dropped low enough that the stereo shut itself off a few times if I didn't keep the revs up a bit.
As for checking the running voltage would the battery terminals be the best place to take the reading?

This exact thing happened to me in my EG during the cold snap. I changed the battery and have been fine since.

frostyda9
12-29-2006, 01:35 AM
I would say it's the alternator. When the engine is running, the battery has little effect on the electrical systems, all the current is supplied by the alternator.

jetfire
12-29-2006, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by frostyda9
I would say it's the alternator. When the engine is running, the battery has little effect on the electrical systems, all the current is supplied by the alternator.

This is exactly what i thought as well but apparently a lot of EG guys experience the same symptoms. I checked voltages with a multimeter and even disconnected the battery while the car was running to see if the alternator was working. Anyhow, in my case, it seemed to be the battery. I changed that first since it was cheaper/easier to change than the alternator in -30 degree weather.

78si
12-29-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by frozenrice
I wouldn't say that it just started. I noticed the dimming dash lights during that 30 below cold snap when I was stuck on Glenmore trying to get home. At one point the voltage dropped low enough that the stereo shut itself off a few times if I didn't keep the revs up a bit.
As for checking the running voltage would the battery terminals be the best place to take the reading?

Mike you can check it at the battery. Make sure the cable connections are clean.

frozenrice
12-29-2006, 02:41 PM
I had to boost the car again to get it started but after I got it started, I checked the running voltage and it read 14.48v :dunno: I'm going to turn off the main power to the remote stater to see if that's whats causing the problem.

frostyda9
12-29-2006, 05:37 PM
I'd disconnect the battery overnight. If there's some sort of internal fault within the battery, it'll be dead. If not, the search narrows.

QuasarCav
01-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Happy new year G2'ers.

I just drove a G2 GSR, what a different beast that is! It's very weird to have the power to start peaking when we need to shift.

:thumbsup:

danlowteg
01-07-2007, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
Happy new year G2'ers.

I just drove a G2 GSR, what a different beast that is! It's very weird to have the power to start peaking when we need to shift.

:thumbsup:

Agreed. We all love Vtec :D On a second note over the weekend I tried to make a supercharger out of a old turbo, a pulley system, and random parts around the shop (kind of like a Vortech copy) after making a un-stable about of boost of 16 PSI around 8000 RPMS (not hooked up to my intake of course). I decided hey why not just throw a DIY nitrous set up on the old girl. Any one got an old 15 lb fire extinguisher sitting around :D

freakin
01-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Dan, you scare me.

I've started working on the CRX again....looks like it might actually make an appearance this year. I'll have to give your ls/vtec a run for it's money.

Anybody want a hatch or rear bumper? I'll trade them for beer + cash or for dirt cheap. I need some room in my basement.

frozenrice
01-08-2007, 03:48 PM
I'm getting close too............though there will be some lag on the boost part.

QuasarCav
01-08-2007, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by freakin
Dan, you scare me.

I've started working on the CRX again....looks like it might actually make an appearance this year. I'll have to give your ls/vtec a run for it's money.

Anybody want a hatch or rear bumper? I'll trade them for beer + cash or for dirt cheap. I need some room in my basement.


Do you still have any brake parts?

frozenrice
01-08-2007, 04:24 PM
I was just wondering if any of you have an old stock shift knob laying around?

freakin
01-08-2007, 04:36 PM
I have a shift knob for sure...likley 2, a short shifter as well I think....some calipers (front and rear), a 1 inch master cylinder, rotors, those pads that Lewis gave me (ceramic, Axxis Ultimates I think). I think I have a set of freshly turned fronts and rears, and a set of cross drilled rears. The x-drilled ones are glazed from a sticky caliper, so they're pretty much toast unless you want to try turning them....not sure how well that'll work out with all of the holes though.

I have some more parts like knuclkes and brakes for an EF, but that's a downgrade for you guys.

Mike, let me know if you want that trunklid and tails. You can have them if you like. I've also got both rear windows and the upper weatherstriping for the entire left side (front and rear as 1 piece) lying around somewhere. You can have the lot for some Taco Bell. :D

QuasarCav
01-08-2007, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
I was just wondering if any of you have an old stock shift knob laying around?


I have a ITR knockoff shift knob, like the ones you see on Ebay. It's yours for the taking.

Matt: I'll probably take those rotors from you, I've said this about 15 times but I should follow through this time.

freakin
01-08-2007, 11:29 PM
Good, you can bring my O2 sensor socket back when you show up, hehe. :thumbsup:

danlowteg
01-09-2007, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by freakin
Dan, you scare me.

I've started working on the CRX again....looks like it might actually make an appearance this year. I'll have to give your ls/vtec a run for it's money.

Anybody want a hatch or rear bumper? I'll trade them for beer + cash or for dirt cheap. I need some room in my basement.

Yes Yes i am. I need to call you and we need to hang out it been way to long. I blame school, I'll call you about that rear bumper I am painting some doors here soon so might as well do both.

frozenrice
01-09-2007, 04:54 PM
How about we all get together sometime soon? This time Lewis better come out.
Matt, I'm debating on that trunk. If you need the space though, I can store it for you behind my shed.

frozenrice
01-09-2007, 06:44 PM
Happened on a blue (kind of like the WRX blue) 92 GS for sale on the way home today. 132,000kms, body is in MINT condition (no rust, no dents). Only down side is that it's an auto :thumbsdow , and because it is being sold by a garage (business) it was a bit pricey - $7800 OBO. If you know anybody looking for one, I have the info.

bigbadboss101
01-09-2007, 07:15 PM
5 speed FTW :-)

frozenrice
01-09-2007, 07:57 PM
As much as autos suck on 4 bangers, they are kind of nice in rush hour. Powerwise not as good as a stick but not as bad as some of you think. I've been driving my auto for 11 years now but in all honesty I've been pretty happy with it. My 5 speed truck has less power. Oh well:dunno:

danlowteg
01-11-2007, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
How about we all get together sometime soon? This time Lewis better come out.
Matt, I'm debating on that trunk. If you need the space though, I can store it for you behind my shed.

we should when it warms up :(

QuasarCav
01-11-2007, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
How about we all get together sometime soon? This time Lewis better come out.
Matt, I'm debating on that trunk. If you need the space though, I can store it for you behind my shed.


I'm down, but give me until the end of February I need some time to prep the beast.

freakin
01-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
How about we all get together sometime soon? This time Lewis better come out.
Matt, I'm debating on that trunk. If you need the space though, I can store it for you behind my shed.

I likely won't have wheels by that time, but keep in touch and I'll come out if I'm in town.

Mike, I've told you, the trunk and tails along with all of my 4-door parts are yours for the taking. You'd actually make use of them at some point. To me, they're such a niche market, that I'll never sell them in calgary, and I dont' want to deal with shipping to someone on G2IC. I was going to try and clear out the tails, but I liked the amber on my black car. You can sell them, or whatever you want to do with them.

skyline19
01-12-2007, 07:46 PM
hey guys im about to buy a 93 teg for 3000 with 157000 ks on it. i think its a GS but im not 100% sure. should i go through with it or am i getting screwed over?

bigbadboss101
01-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Good price. Have you seen it? Rust, mods, repairs? That's low km.

skyline19
01-12-2007, 10:12 PM
its got some rust around the drivers side wheelwell and its bone stock. Nothing major has been repaired on it except for the ususal wear and tear.He says brakes were done 10K ago and that the timing belt was done 30K ago. all in all it looks like its in really good condition and i think ill be the pround owner of a integra by tommorrow:D

bigbadboss101
01-12-2007, 10:35 PM
Post some pics after. Usually you will find them at 190 - 300+ km for that year. Congrats.

frozenrice
01-12-2007, 11:50 PM
$3000 for that year and mileage is pretty good depending on the condition. Hope it works out for you. Good luck and post pictures if you get it.

skyline19
01-14-2007, 02:56 PM
new car:D :burnout:
[IMG]http://show.imagehosting.us/show/1882121/0/nouser_1882/T0_-1_1882121.jpg (http://www.imagehosting.us/index.php?action=show&ident=1882121)
[IMG]http://show.imagehosting.us/show/1882135/0/nouser_1882/T0_-1_1882135.jpg (http://www.imagehosting.us/index.php?action=show&ident=1882135)

the only thing aftermarket is an intake but holy fuck i love it already.

what are some easy mods for this? its a 1990 GS. i do want some new badges thought becasue the ones on there are old and cracked. so you gus know where to get some?

frozenrice
01-14-2007, 03:36 PM
congrats, car looks clean. hard to say what mods to do to it since everyone looks for something different. G2 owners typically upgrade the headlights to JDM one pieces. With the 90-91 Integras you can also clear out the tailights. Aftermarket rims and a lowered suspension are other usual items that get changed. It all really depends on what you want to get out of it. As far as the badges go, Acura didn't come out with their "A" logo until 1991 so yours won't have any of those emblems. IIRC, the 90 Integras only got the 'INTEGRA' sticker on the back. The only badges are the word ACURA and the one for the model designation. I personalliy would just leave it as is and spend the money on other things.

skyline19
01-14-2007, 04:38 PM
oh ya another question i have is what size of speakers fit into this? i have some 5x7 type r's and i really hope they fit.

jetfire
01-14-2007, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by skyline19
oh ya another question i have is what size of speakers fit into this? i have some 5x7 type r's and i really hope they fit.

I believe 5 1/4's come factory but you can fit 6 1/2's in the hatch pods and doors with little or no modification depending on the speakers.

QuasarCav
01-15-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by skyline19
hey guys im about to buy a 93 teg for 3000 with 157000 ks on it. i think its a GS but im not 100% sure. should i go through with it or am i getting screwed over?


That makes more sense now, the car is a 90 and not a 93. I was getting a little worried about the market for 93's. You got a good deal though. The stock speakers in mine were 6.5" all around. Breathing mods also really wake this engine up I drove a stock teg back to back with mine and the I/H/E mods are really noticable.

freakin
01-15-2007, 03:26 PM
Skyline, you need some VTEC moldings for your car! It'll make you want to do a motor or head swap down the road. They're a good investment if you think of it that way, hehe.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=158520&highlight=vtec

skyline19
01-15-2007, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav



That makes more sense now, the car is a 90 and not a 93. I was getting a little worried about the market for 93's. You got a good deal though. The stock speakers in mine were 6.5" all around. Breathing mods also really wake this engine up I drove a stock teg back to back with mine and the I/H/E mods are really noticable.

ya i got an intake on it already. i think my next install will be the exhaust starting with some headers.



Originally posted by freakin
Skyline, you need some VTEC moldings for your car! It'll make you want to do a motor or head swap down the road. They're a good investment if you think of it that way, hehe.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=158520&highlight=vtec

down the road for me would be approx. 2-3 years haha.

danlowteg
01-16-2007, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by freakin
Skyline, you need some VTEC moldings for your car! It'll make you want to do a motor or head swap down the road. They're a good investment if you think of it that way, hehe.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=158520&highlight=vtec

always with they vtec mouldings ay matt :)

danlowteg
01-17-2007, 08:02 PM
Any one want to do diy itbs i had these sitting around for a while http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=1857128#post1857128

frozenrice
01-17-2007, 08:11 PM
that's a lot of stuff you got for sale. finally getting kicked out of the house? (jk). Those ITBs look interesting. If I hadn't already bought a new intake mani I'd definately be thinking about getting those.

BTW, anybody knows where the two wires for the postive terminal on the battery go? I know at least one of them is to the alternator, where does the other one go? I'm still having electrical issues. I upgraded to 4guage ground wires and I'm still having dimming issues. I disconnected the neg battery termial while the car was running and the alternator kept the car running. The only things I can think of at this point are the postive cable or possibly a loose alternator cable. There seems to be a lot of corrosion where the two wires crimp into the terminal. The clamp and post are both clean.

danlowteg
01-17-2007, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
that's a lot of stuff you got for sale. finally getting kicked out of the house? (jk). Those ITBs look interesting. If I hadn't already bought a new intake mani I'd definately be thinking about getting those.

Mike i have been on my own with my girl for 7 months now lol. but anyway no need for money right now but i have a snap on tool box set on my eyes and the itbs were just sitting around i dont need them. alos if any of you have some gsr cam shafts sitting around ill trade the throttle bodies for the cams

frozenrice
01-19-2007, 11:44 PM
Anybody want to help me plumb the misc. coolant lines? A bunch were missing when I got the motor and I've done a hybrid set up so I'm not 100% sure where to hook everything up.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/DSCF0788.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/DSCF0782.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/DSCF0783.jpg

I found newer seats with no holes and all the door panels to match. Kind of nice now without those ugly seat covers that I had.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/DSCF0767.jpg

freakin
01-20-2007, 01:56 PM
Mike, I have the factory service manuals if you want to take a look through them. They'll have the breakdowns for all of the plumbing and whatnot. Give me a call if you want to take a look at them. I'll likely be in the garage all weekend, if I miss your call, just try me again....the music is likely too loud.

frozenrice
01-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Thanks Matt. Damn though, I wish I got your message sooner. I was down in Shawnessy this afternoon. Is it the Helm's or the actual FSM? I've got both the Hayne's and Helm's (on CD). I'll go through the Helm's and see what I find. We should all get together sometime soon. I have to get your DVD back to you anyways. Lewis can set the time so that he can make it out too.

freakin
01-20-2007, 07:36 PM
It's the actual Acura FSM for 92 integras (has the B17 in there as well). It's way better than those silly haynes manuals. :thumbsup:

If you're in the area tomorrow, just let me know...or I can meet up with you some other time.

danlowteg
01-20-2007, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by freakin
It's the actual Acura FSM for 92 integras (has the B17 in there as well). It's way better than those silly haynes manuals. :thumbsup:

If you're in the area tomorrow, just let me know...or I can meet up with you some other time.

matt want to go for drinks tomorow? you too mike

jaylo
01-24-2007, 02:53 PM
Question, my 90 RS revs to 3000 when I are doing 60km/h in 3rd gear but my other 90 GS revs at 3000 when I am doing 50km/h in 3rd gear. Any idea on what's going on? They are both B18A1's and I don't understand why it's like that.

freakin
01-24-2007, 05:12 PM
Any chance that one's a YS1 (92-93 tranny)? From what I've read there are slightly different gear ratios between the LS tranny models, YS1, Y1, A1, S1. Mind you, that is a fairly significant difference, but not enough to make me thing that you have one of the shorter geared VTEC trannys.

frozenrice
01-24-2007, 05:42 PM
I doubt it would make a difference, but is it possible a combination of gear ratios and overall wheel size could do that? What size of tires are you running on one versus the other versus the stock wheel size? I know that with the rim/tire combo that I have, I'm just under 3% difference. If my speedo says 100 I'm actually only going 97.
This might be of interest to you too:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/26736B-series_Trans_Specs.jpg

frozenrice
01-24-2007, 09:22 PM
Speaking of transmissions, the innards of a S1 tranny. I just got it apart tonight.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/DSCF0792.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/DSCF0794.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/DSCF0795.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/DSCF0796.jpg

freakin
01-24-2007, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
[B]Speaking of transmissions, the innards of a S1 tranny. I just got it apart tonight.


Putting an LSD in there? Now would be the time to get it done. You'll be glad you did, espcially once that motor sees some boost.

frozenrice
01-25-2007, 08:39 PM
Man, if I only had the money for LSD.......I'm taking it apart to make sure the gears are in good shape and I don't get any 3rd gear grinds. New bearings, syncros and seals for now.

freakin
01-26-2007, 08:59 AM
http://cgi.ebay.ca/JDM-DC2-ITR-CTR-Honda-INTEGRA-TYPE-R-HELICAL-LSD_W0QQitemZ180078374261QQihZ008QQcategoryZ33731QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I can't remember what was involved in installing one of these in to an older case...I think you just need the ring gear to match it....at least that's how it works for a YS1. What tranny is that? It's really worth the money to get one and put it in right now. You're going to kick yourself later for not doing it.

danlowteg
01-28-2007, 11:09 PM
do it mike LSD LSD LSD LSD!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

frozenrice
01-29-2007, 07:43 PM
I'd love to do it, but it's going to be a pain finding one with a good price tag. I'm finding mixed reviews about the OBX one as well as a ton of horror stories about the Phantom Grip (which is a no-brainer anyways). The only other options are Quaife ($1000) or an OEM one (next to impossible to find).

QuasarCav
01-29-2007, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
I'd love to do it, but it's going to be a pain finding one with a good price tag. I'm finding mixed reviews about the OBX one as well as a ton of horror stories about the Phantom Grip (which is a no-brainer anyways). The only other options are Quaife ($1000) or an OEM one (next to impossible to find).


When are you going to do the swap? You have the chance right now, you'll only kick yourself if you dont do it.

freakin
01-29-2007, 08:02 PM
You're 100% correct about the OBX and Phantom-Slips....they're absolute shit. But look at what I ran across yesterday Mike:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Quaife-Helical-LSD-Honda-CR-X-EF8-EF9_W0QQitemZ190076600193QQihZ009QQcategoryZ33731QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Trust me...it's worth delaying yourself a month if it means you get an LSD. It made a world of difference on my NA motor.

stevieo
01-29-2007, 08:33 PM
nice find Matt.

I loved "I will not sell, or ship to anyone in:
Syria, Iran, N. Korea, or - france - !!

I will not accept Paypal from anyone in:
Mexico, Central or South America,
or Puerto Rico."
haha

danlowteg
01-29-2007, 09:01 PM
Godzilla says "JDM DOES NOT MEAN CHEAP CHEESY JUNK" dude i love this seller

jaylo
01-31-2007, 10:18 AM
Hey guys,

Anyone want to come with me to the 93 GS-R part out? Want to pick some parts off it. He lives down in Crossfield I believe.

frozenrice
01-31-2007, 10:23 AM
When are you thinking of heading down?

QuasarCav
01-31-2007, 10:50 AM
I'll come, How does Sat afternoon work?

jaylo
01-31-2007, 01:01 PM
I have work until 5 on Saturday, after that should be good

frozenrice
01-31-2007, 07:50 PM
Won't it be a bit dark after 5? Is the car indoors or outdoors? If it's Sunday I might be able to come out and have a look and give a hand.

jaylo
01-31-2007, 09:48 PM
I am thinking Sunday afternoon will be good since I don't have work that day. I should be good after 2PM. Most likely the car would be outdoors from the last time I went there to get a blower motor for my GS.

jaylo
02-04-2007, 09:29 AM
Guys, I can't make it today I will have to go next week, sorry guys!

danlowteg
02-11-2007, 11:40 AM
this thread will not die! so how is everyone, any new projects? as for me i am stripping my paint again and doing a proper black paint job

frozenrice
02-11-2007, 12:16 PM
tranny is just about done here. sorry no LSD. Can't afford a quaife, OBX sucks, and don't want to modify the S1 case to get a OEM lsd to fit. Maybe at a later date.

db1
02-11-2007, 12:23 PM
i just put my s2000 sidemarkers on the teg =).. needing an oil pressure switch to complete my vtec.

headache09
02-11-2007, 12:27 PM
i got some new projects!
itr rear sway
2nd gen b16 swap
bought some works.

rey_mysterio
02-11-2007, 12:32 PM
db1 do u have any pics of your ride?

db1
02-11-2007, 12:36 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/dacnsprcy/DSC02200.jpg

that was in the summer time, before my swap and sidemarkers

headache09
02-11-2007, 12:39 PM
what swap did you do db1

rey_mysterio
02-11-2007, 12:40 PM
edit that my question has already been asked:D

db1
02-11-2007, 12:42 PM
jdm b16 swap, just like everyone else haha, got the engine from a friend that gets them from japan for a pretty good deal

danlowteg
02-11-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by db1
jdm b16 swap, just like everyone else haha, got the engine from a friend that gets them from japan for a pretty good deal

should have gotten ls/vtec that was all us crazy [email protected]%ers do:nut:

freakin
02-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by danlowteg


should have gotten ls/vtec that was all us crazy [email protected]%ers do:nut:

Speaking of which, you still owe me some cash for that B16 bottom end and another B18. ;)

danlowteg
02-13-2007, 11:33 PM
i know of a b18 bottom end but i had to give you cash. i know i did, i had money back then :D and you have to decide if you want the b16 or the b18