PDA

View Full Version : Rust on a new car ???

Steel Angel
06-16-2002, 11:25 AM
Waah! :eek:

On my trunk, I found rust already! Dots, anyway ...

It's a Subaru WRX, anyone else have noticed this too? Got it in September (when there was a shortage of them) ...

Not only do I see dots of rust, I see streaks of *something* coming from below the Subaru lettering.

Friend say it might be calcium buildup(?), and that CLR will clear out for me. I read the bottle of CLR and it says it's not recommended on metallic surfaces. Ain't the paint considered metallic?

Any other suggestions on this? It's like a hard film that a pressure washer and soap can't get rid of ...

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

max_boost
06-16-2002, 11:53 AM
My sister is starting to get little rust spots on her front bumper. She drives a 2001 Impreza 2.5RS

max_boost
06-16-2002, 11:53 AM
And CLR rocks! I use it to clean my washroom! LOL

4wheeldrift
06-16-2002, 11:55 AM
If its something that you can't get rid of and keeps coming back, take it back to the dealership. You have a 5 year corrosion warranty. Galvanizing isn't an exactly science, its uncommon now but not unheard of for cars to prematurely rust.

What color are these spots? If its calcium build up they'll be kind of a whiteish color, not red like rust.

max_boost
06-16-2002, 12:07 PM
At first I thought my sister was making it up :bullshit: but how wrong was I!

She's a Geology major so I think she knows her stuff lol

Steel Angel
06-16-2002, 02:02 PM
The dots are red, but the streaks are white-ish in color. That makes sense? :dunno:

2000impreza
06-16-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
My sister is starting to get little rust spots on her front bumper. She drives a 2001 Impreza 2.5RS

i could be worng but isn't the front bumper urethane? :confused:

Audi Kid
06-16-2002, 02:45 PM
hahahah

4wheeldrift
06-16-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Steel Angel
The dots are red, but the streaks are white-ish in color. That makes sense? :dunno:

The dots are almost certainly rust if they are a reddish color and the paint is blistered or puckered around them. The streaks are likely just hard water stains or soap left over from the last time you washed your car. They don't come off very easily unless you use a high pressure wand on them or something. I wouldn't worry about those too much.

sexualbanana
06-16-2002, 04:38 PM
At first I thought my sister was making it up :bullshit: but how wrong was I!

She's a Geology major so I think she knows her stuff lol

she knows nothing. haha

max_boost
06-16-2002, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

she knows nothing. haha

Dude look at your car man, nuff said

Ben
06-17-2002, 12:58 AM
Rust on a new car, what an insult...

CRXguy
06-17-2002, 01:20 AM

Dude look at your car man, nuff said

LOL......

max-1 and counting
gaybanana-0

:D

BarryBeach
06-17-2002, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by Benny
Rust on a new car, what an insult...

My Saturn has a rust spot on the front and it is a 2000 ...

.... Oh wait i know why .... it's a SATURN.

kenny
06-17-2002, 02:48 AM
It could be little bits of brake dust, my car gets these little very microscopic reddish/brown/black dots on the rear that look like tiny rust spots but wish a good hand wash and a clay bar treatment they all dissapear.

MrX
06-17-2002, 03:24 AM
if they are rust spots, are they forming because the paint has been nicked by a rock? Or does it look like the rust is forming from underneath the paint?

Speed_RaSiR
06-17-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by kenny
It could be little bits of brake dust, my car gets these little very microscopic reddish/brown/black dots on the rear that look like tiny rust spots but wish a good hand wash and a clay bar treatment they all dissapear.

I had the same thing on my 00 SiR, i was freaked then I also realized my bumper was uerothane .:nut: , then after some mad scrubbing they went away

Weapon_R
06-17-2002, 01:28 PM
A new car shouldn't rust that quickly - almost all companies have pretty comprehensive rust warranties on those that are naturally occuring. Take it back to them and have them replace it or repaint it (although its gauranteed to come back if you repaint it).

2K255HP
06-17-2002, 02:49 PM
Exactly your car is new so its still under warranty just take it back to the dealership and let them fix it up for you