PDA

View Full Version : where to get pitbull pups??

Troy
10-25-2004, 03:36 PM
anyone know where to get pitbull puppies in our around edmonton??

awd
10-25-2004, 03:37 PM
Soon they will be illegal in AB too.

Red89GT
10-25-2004, 06:24 PM
www.deviantart.com/view/11454716/

kinda fitting for this thread

gurlie236
10-25-2004, 07:07 PM
that video is sad, personally i love those dogs.

Red89GT
10-25-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by gurlie236
that video is sad, personally i love those dogs.

I've always wanted one, they make VERY nice pets. Theres a select few that are bad, but you get that with all breeds. Pitbulls just get unfairly labled as dangerous dogs.

(sorry about the thread hi-jack Troy)

NiteRider
10-25-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Troy
anyone know where to get pitbull puppies in our around edmonton??
local trailer park

PH1PH1
10-25-2004, 11:21 PM
i heard these were gona be banned .. am i right?

gurlie236
10-25-2004, 11:26 PM
i think they are just cuz they are named vicious off a few attacks but IMO its all how the owner raises them. You could maybe try the SPCA for a puppy, they always have pups there, you might get lucky

cman
10-25-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by gurlie236
i think they are just cuz they are named vicious off a few attacks but IMO its all how the owner raises them. You could maybe try the SPCA for a puppy, they always have pups there, you might get lucky

:werd: , animal cruelty disgusts me. if you have a pet be responsible and treat it the same way you would treat yourself or a child. if you cant be a responsible owner than dont own a pet. simple as that

JordanLotoski
10-25-2004, 11:54 PM
my dogs live better then me

zboost
10-26-2004, 12:45 AM
i want a pitbull too.. mayeb when i move out.. dogs are cool sometimes.. i like pitbulls and rotwielers thats about it though!

Troy
10-26-2004, 01:49 AM
I already know all this thanks but noone told me where to get them lol

celica girl
10-26-2004, 09:03 AM
Do yourself a favor and find a reputable breeder... check out some pit bull forums. YOu might end up having to have a dog shipped here from another province but it will probably be worth it to get one that has good bloodlines.
http://www.cadf.ca/
They can help you out... also make sure you enroll in training classes... there are no bad dogs... just bad owners.

Red89GT
10-26-2004, 09:29 AM
You might want to got some local dog shows, start talking to breeders, network. Im sure you'll be able to find a pup that way.

izan223
10-26-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by NiteRider

local trailer park

Hahaha.

I've seen ads for them in the bargain finder before. Try there. :thumbsup:

Katana13
03-04-2005, 10:18 PM
Hey anyone interested in buying a Pitbull....try all the breeders in Ontario. Since they've banned Pitbulls there, the breeders have to sell the pups outside of the province or have them euthanized. Sad, but it's because of the owners that shouldn't have dogs.

three33
03-05-2005, 03:18 AM
I have actually read up on pitbulls and by nature they can be aggressive dogs.Its in their bloodline, I have read many stories how they were just normal family pets around children and for no reason they one day attacked the kids. I personally would never trust a pitbull around any child, not that I hate the breed they are just too unpredictable.

Eastford
03-05-2005, 11:10 AM
No offence dude, but the majority of pitbull's are excellent around humans as their genetical make up was geared towards dog agressiveness.

The problem arises when every tom dick and harry wants to breed their pet bull to any pet bull regardless of how the dogs are bred just because they have this idea in their head that the pups will be "Just like their daddy or mommy" and that is what might bring forth unpredicable animals. IMO, people with no knowledge of what's in their dog's genetical make up shouldn't be allowed to breed dogs as all they do is ruining the breed and are altering the breed's human friendly character.

Unlike popular belief, breeding dogs isn't just to put any dog and any bitch together to produce stable animals as there are a whole lot more to it than that.

Breed crap to crap and you'll end up with crap, just another fact of life.

Eastford
03-05-2005, 11:57 AM
Troy.

If you can't get a pitbull, why don't you get a Staffordshire Bull Terrier instead? Might be easier to find a breeder and the breed is known to be extremely good with people.