PDA

View Full Version : Fram SureDrain??

Rob_Eh
10-25-2004, 04:13 PM
Anyone use a fram sureDrain (or any similar permenant oil plug drain replacements)??

Opinion?

Do they get gummed up with dirt and crap or work well? Worth the money for @home oil changes?

-Rob

benyl
10-25-2004, 04:20 PM
I have heard nothing but good things about the following...

Going to order it myself:

http://www.fumotovalve.com/

Phuqu
10-25-2004, 07:59 PM
The Fram works great. No more dicking around with the plug. Just seems to take a little bit longer to drain. Worth it IMO.:thumbsup:

Ferio_vti
10-25-2004, 08:02 PM
Where can you get a fram suredrain??

Phuqu
10-25-2004, 08:06 PM
I dunno? Mine came from North Carolina. It was attached to the car.

EstoMax
10-25-2004, 09:02 PM
Man this seems pretty unsafe as someone could just go under ur car if they knew u had this and drain ur oil, but then again who the hell would do that lol

max

Rob_Eh
10-25-2004, 09:47 PM
They have them at Crappy Canadian tire.. $20 i think.

-Rob

Phuqu
10-25-2004, 10:38 PM
You need the hose that threads onto the Fram drainplug.

You can't just go under the car and drain it. If someone is going to do that they would just undo the regular drainplug. They don't need a Fram SureDrain to do that.

Zero102
10-26-2004, 09:12 AM
^^^
Exactly
I'm considering putting one on my car.

How does the little part that stays on the oil pan hold up to the weather, rocks, crap, etc?

Rob_Eh
10-26-2004, 09:38 AM
I guess it makes sense that it drains slower since it is draining through a smaller hole

-Rob

Phuqu
10-26-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Zero102
^^^

How does the little part that stays on the oil pan hold up to the weather, rocks, crap, etc?

The little part that stays on the car is threaded and has a threaded cap. You just use your hands to tighten it. You could use pliers too. The metal cap is on there to protect the threads. If the outer threads get damaged somehow good luck getting the drainhose threaded on.

It's worth it if you change your oil often.

EK 2.0
10-26-2004, 06:00 PM
the FRAM sure drain is a GREAT innovation...my pop's camry uses it...and sice I do the oil changes for the entire family it's nice to have on...

Having said that, IMO a lil vale to have stuck onto your oil pan, where potenially it can open, or fail...just evokes shudders...

I would personally just as well have the stock drain plug on there...yes I know it CAN back out and what have you, but...they have always used drain plugs...why change now??

Zero102
10-26-2004, 09:34 PM
I agree with that as well.
I'm not sure if I will put one on my car. I'm presuming from what was said, that there is a cap that threads on, to cover the valve and the outside threads and such. Seems like that should keep everything out.
It would be handy, and given the annual distance I drive, and the number of oil changes I do each year, it might be worth having...