PDA

View Full Version : gold's gym member

crx62
10-26-2004, 01:31 AM
who here is a member of northland gold's?

badseed
10-26-2004, 01:38 AM
I was thinkin about it but decided not to. Not a fan of the atmosphere, thought the gym pretty tight, except for the tiny ass changerooms.

~Leah~
10-26-2004, 10:25 AM
I've also thought about it... but I'm happy at the university right now, no extra cost, and well... I'm cheap :) lol

QuasarCav
10-26-2004, 10:28 AM
The gym across from my house is only 20/month, It's small but there are no guys looking at my ass all the time.

Neil4Speed
10-26-2004, 04:31 PM
I worked out at Golds during the summer. I found the other people to be kind of rude if you were a beginner (which I was). Allot of people are HUGE so you can take that as encouragement or sorrow I guess haha.

Its only worth it if you go there allot. The changing rooms are fucking tiny, and full of juice monkeys.

Overall alright experience, don't know if I would do it again though, the gim is state of the art though.

zboost
10-26-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by ~Leah~
I've also thought about it... but I'm happy at the university right now, no extra cost, and well... I'm cheap :) lol
u of c gym is ok.. it gets kinda crowded sometimes and peopel can be assholes about using machines.. the girls are hot sometimes though wonder who this is lol? my gym in the summer was world health at edgemont, kinda expensive but amazing gym.. really good eqiptment, never really crowded, girls are not uncommon lol, great staff( they still let me go even though i put my membership on hold lol), a pool/drinks/bar in summer the outdoor pool is so nice after a workout, juice monkeys are not really there unless you cal lme a juicemoneky lol.. it has gota be the best gym in calgary.. GO THERE lol.. as for guys lookin at my ass i dont really think it happend in calgary but wen i worked out in vancouver i thought i was gona get raped!!! lol.. peace out

t-im
10-26-2004, 05:40 PM
I workout at westside.....golds seems too 'intimidating' for me tho i know ppl who workout there and like how they have tv's or whatever

1badPT
10-26-2004, 05:47 PM
I work out at Westside as well(as of yesterday hehe). I like the equipment but the atmosphere seems a little quiet :dunno: almost libraryish but I can't get over how much is included with the membership and the facility itself is huge.

Speed_Dreams
10-26-2004, 05:53 PM
how much is it to work out at westside?

badseed
10-26-2004, 05:53 PM
WHC Edgemont is has it's pros and cons, overall I like it.

Pros:

- Never packed
- Good atmoshpere (no cocky kids)
- Outdoor pool (summer)
- Lots of Equipment
- Good size, equipment is not all cramed in a small area (good Layout)
- Tennis and Squash
- Lounge with shakes, food & beer, (foods descent)

Cons:

- Some of the equipment is old (free weights)
- Mens change room is disgusting (stinks all the time)
- Mens Bathroom Sick
- Jacuzzie, wouldnt go in if you paid me....sick
- Steam room.....sick
- Overall cleanliness of the gym not up to my standards.
- Kinda Expensive $60/month

I like cuz I know lots of peeps there (staff and members)

t-im
10-26-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Speed_Dreams
how much is it to work out at westside?

I don't even know how much it costs to work out at westside..but I like how it's quiet, nice and clean there, and the equip is nice and newish

1badPT
10-26-2004, 07:20 PM
Its just over $600 for the basic annual membership.

Speed_Dreams
10-26-2004, 07:39 PM
Can you pay monthly? or just one lump sum?

1badPT
10-26-2004, 07:41 PM
you have 90 days to pay - but you have to pay a minimum of like 30-40% up front - i dunno - i'm paying 50/50 thanks to my company :D

blueripper6
10-26-2004, 08:21 PM
I work out at golds.. its pretty good cept for the some cocky punk kids. I was just finished changing and i pull out my car keys and wallet out of my bag to put in my pocket and some kid tells me to give him my wallet.. LOL.. i dunno though, they were both shorter then me so i just said shut the fuck off and walked past..

then ran as fast as I could to my car

:rofl:

Boosted_TL
10-27-2004, 10:48 AM
^^^

LOL

I cant see that happening, I go to Gold's in Canyon Meadow's and its a great place to work out. Cheap too, I pay $35 / month with nothing down and a 1 year term. There are a few juicer's just like everywhere, but thats not a problem. Dont feel intimidated at a gym, you are all there for the same reason.

three.eighteen.
10-27-2004, 09:29 PM
golds canyon meadows is good when its not busy, and once you get regular enough those big intimidating juicers actually will jump in and spot you once in a while

zboost
10-28-2004, 01:38 AM
saw this hottie today at world health northhill.. its also a really good gym.. noting special but good.. there was some hot ass chicks there today one came and used then bench beside me we both had some good eye candy for a while lol.. im so flattered ahahha

FiveFreshFish
10-28-2004, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by badseed
WHC Edgemont is has it's pros and cons, overall I like it.

I couldn't use my WHC membership at Edgemont because of the squash, tennis and pool. I only want to use the weights and machines but they said I had to "upgrade" my membership to pay for the aforementioned shit that I'll never use. :thumbsdow

5.9 R/T
10-28-2004, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by zboost
saw this hottie today at world health northhill.. its also a really good gym.. noting special but good.. there was some hot ass chicks there today one came and used then bench beside me we both had some good eye candy for a while lol.. im so flattered ahahha

Why is that? Was she jealous of your girlish figure?

badseed
10-28-2004, 10:37 AM
^^ BAHAHAHAHA:rofl:

Singel
10-28-2004, 01:54 PM
For anyone interested in Westside, if u can rope a parent into buying a memebership, yours will only be $100/year, or $50/year if ur 18 and under i think. U may have to prove that u live with them or something, but u can probly just take an old piece of mail that u got at their house or something if u dont live there

t-im
10-28-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Singel
For anyone interested in Westside, if u can rope a parent into buying a memebership, yours will only be $100/year, or $50/year if ur 18 and under i think. U may have to prove that u live with them or something, but u can probly just take an old piece of mail that u got at their house or something if u dont live there

haha from what I remember Westside asked for a buncha papers and stuff to confirm enrollment in school and living with parents..I think..that was awhile ago

haha you live in christie park?

davidI
11-01-2004, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by t-im

haha from what I remember Westside asked for a buncha papers and stuff to confirm enrollment in school and living with parents..I think..that was awhile ago

haha you live in christie park?

He's my bro and yea we do!