PDA

View Full Version : First Look at 2005 BMW 330i

MrCalifornia
10-26-2004, 05:53 PM
13 High Res Pictures (http://www.foxforums.com/index.php?showtopic=432)

BumpinTalon
10-26-2004, 05:56 PM
it's so-so. it doesn't look expensive anymore... it'd peg it as being less classy then the 300C.

DefektiveVibe
10-26-2004, 06:02 PM
AHHH what did they do to the backlights?

:thumbsup: front end :thumbsdow back end

i like how theres two pins in one guage...thats cool

t-im
10-26-2004, 06:17 PM
I think it looks okay..can't really judge it till I see it on the streets...but i think it'll look pretty good once you see it in real life

A_3
10-26-2004, 06:23 PM
hmmmm, it's actually not to bad at all. I like how it looks from the side and front, not a huge fan of the backs of bmw's in general these days. Is that officially the "E60" yet?

jaysas_63
10-26-2004, 06:24 PM
i'm pretty sure BMW fired the head of diesgin that came up with these ass ugly bmws

max_boost
10-26-2004, 06:25 PM
The evolution continues! Despite Bangle's controversial ideas, apparently the guy is extremely passionate and truly believes that his designs are the wave of the future. The above looks fine to me. I still like it!:thumbsup:

cujo_cjc
10-26-2004, 06:26 PM
i dont mind the front
but i wanna see the coupe version :thumbsup:

blinkme_210
10-26-2004, 06:26 PM
That dumbass Chris Bangle is going to single-handedly ruin the whole BMW lineup.

jaysas_63
10-26-2004, 06:27 PM
ya thats his name bangel...thx, ya the guy fucked bmw all over the place, they are gettin killed by mercedes in sales, and there cars IMO look like your regular jap imports....ne ways i never really was a fan of bmw..... mercedes all the way:thumbsup:

GTS Jeff
10-26-2004, 06:31 PM
whoa sweet s15 strawberry headlights.

7thgenvic
10-26-2004, 06:41 PM
i likkkke it!

statick
10-26-2004, 09:52 PM
looks pretty sweet:thumbsup:

DonJuan
10-26-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
whoa sweet s15 strawberry headlights.
ha ha you saw that too huh? What about the slightly angled G20 (Primera) tail lights which are :thumbsdow: until I see one on the street it gets a :(

Weapon_R
10-26-2004, 11:13 PM
we always talk a lot of shit, but as soon as this hits the road (like all of the other new models), not many of us won't be :drool:

Kaos
10-26-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
we always talk a lot of shit, but as soon as this hits the road (like all of the other new models), not many of us won't be :drool:

:werd:
I remember someone posted the new SLK and everyone was like "its ugly" .
Then someone posted up at brabus tuned one and everyone was on it like flys on shit.

I would really like to see the coupe version, the back end reminds me of a corolla.

Kamen
10-26-2004, 11:22 PM
I like it.
Needs better rims though...

C4S
10-26-2004, 11:32 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Look nice ! not as stunning as when the E46 came out .. however .. there is no better looking entry luxury anyway .. :(

Look cool ! near as nice as the new 5 ! :thumbsup:

Hakkola
10-26-2004, 11:34 PM
Not inspiring at all. Looks like the ultimate mediocre machine. It's ok I guess, better than the 7 series for sure.

Mikko
10-26-2004, 11:34 PM
As usual with many new cars, I think it looks like the windows keep getting smaller and smaller. The shoulder line (lower part of windows) keep getting taller, with more door and less window.

It's a bad and retarded trend. less vision is not fun in any way.

The interior looks so 1980's! Neat.

FiveFreshFish
10-26-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by A_3
hmmmm, it's actually not to bad at all. I like how it looks from the side and front, not a huge fan of the backs of bmw's in general these days. Is that officially the "E60" yet?

The E60 is the current 5-Series. The upcoming 3-Series is the E90.

Idratherbsidewayz
10-26-2004, 11:39 PM
Kind of looks like the magnum in this pic:

http://img27.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img27&image=2005-BMW-330i-F-Speed-1600x1200.jpg

FiveFreshFish
10-26-2004, 11:43 PM
What's this thing?

Idratherbsidewayz
10-26-2004, 11:45 PM
Rocket launcher?

jaysas_63
10-26-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz
Rocket launcher?

007 stylez thats :bigpimp:.....a GUESS would be that its one of those cameras that would tell the car how far you are from the one ahead of u....and it might also regulate ur cruise control, but thats just a guess:dunno:

C4S
10-26-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
What's this thing?

Active Cruise control. :D

jaysas_63
10-26-2004, 11:58 PM
:thumbsup: guessed right

FiveFreshFish
10-27-2004, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by C4S

Active Cruise control. :D

Cool! How well does it work if it's dirty?

jaysas_63
10-27-2004, 12:10 AM
well i'm pretty sure those things emit some sort of light...i don't of what wavelength, but if the light wants to comes out of the glass thing it should be clean right...

Altezza
10-27-2004, 02:03 AM
FUGLY! The 5-series looks alright, but even that's not overly spectacular. 3 and 7 got mangled by Bangle.

CKY
10-27-2004, 02:17 AM
weren't they gonna call this ther 2 series in europe (basically a coupe and sedan version of the series 1)??:confused:

Xtrema
10-27-2004, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by jaysas_63
well i'm pretty sure those things emit some sort of light...i don't of what wavelength, but if the light wants to comes out of the glass thing it should be clean right...

No light, it should be some sort of radar like the one you find in a fish finder.

Good. Looks like the business won't let Chris "Bangle" the bread and butter, hence no ugly hump ass like the 5, 6 and 7.

But I do have problem with BMW's interior lately. Design is retro cool but I find better plastic on a Toyota Corolla than any new BMW except the 7.

Xtrema
10-27-2004, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by CKY
weren't they gonna call this ther 2 series in europe (basically a coupe and sedan version of the series 1)??:confused:

1 series is 4 door mini car
2 series will be 2 door coupe version of 1
3 series is what's pictured here
4 series - based on new numbering, 3 coupe should now be a 4.
5 series - 4 door
6 series - 2 door
7 series - 4 door
8 series - 2 door (a la Z8)

Will BMW release a 9 series base on it's own Rolls Royce Phantom? Who knows. It's possible.

ZorroAMG
10-27-2004, 09:12 AM
The headlights were cool...on the old Malibu. I don't like it at all...not agressive, not luxurious, nothing. The only car I like is the 7 series (that jimmy fallon queen latifah movie taxi had a PIMP one) out of the new cars. 5 is just ok and the 6(overpriced camry solara) makes me laugh...

I'd take a C320 over that anyday of the week...

As for the "Active cruise control" talk about the OPPOSITE of subtle....why does it look so gay and obvious? There are way cleaner systems out there that don't scream "look at my gay third eye!!"

Multiple needles in a single guage??? WOWWWWWW LOL the E class had that in 1986 haha

Sorry for the rant, i'm just not impressed at all with BMW on this side of their M cars.

GTS Jeff
10-27-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
As for the "Active cruise control" talk about the OPPOSITE of subtle....why does it look so gay and obvious? There are way cleaner systems out there that don't scream "look at my gay third eye!!" lol same reason the reverse promixity sensors are visibly distinct from the bumper. its to show off the BLANG BLaNG y0

bol
10-27-2004, 12:10 PM
BMW USA has more info on it and videos.

http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/futurevehicles/new3/

The 3.0 has 255HP now!

I'll have to see it in person. I do like the front wheel arches though.

Weapon_R
10-27-2004, 12:25 PM

Of course you would. I could offer you a BMW Z8 and you'd say you would take a Merc 190E over it...

JAYMEZ
10-27-2004, 02:53 PM
:thumbsup: :burnout:

max_boost
10-27-2004, 03:50 PM
The headlights were cool...on the old Malibu. I don't like it at all...not agressive, not luxurious, nothing. The only car I like is the 7 series (that jimmy fallon queen latifah movie taxi had a PIMP one) out of the new cars. 5 is just ok and the 6(overpriced camry solara) makes me laugh...

As for the "Active cruise control" talk about the OPPOSITE of subtle....why does it look so gay and obvious? There are way cleaner systems out there that don't scream "look at my gay third eye!!"

Multiple needles in a single guage??? WOWWWWWW LOL the E class had that in 1986 haha

Sorry for the rant, i'm just not impressed at all with BMW on this side of their M cars.

I think by now all of us know that you love the three pointed star and your dislike for the direction of BMW is evident! No more long rants please.:rofl:

BTW, how's your Benz club coming along???:tongue: :rofl:

ZorroAMG
10-27-2004, 04:09 PM

Of course you would. I could offer you a BMW Z8 and you'd say you would take a Merc 190E over it...

In the unlikely event that you'd ever have one to sell or give away, actually, no I'd take the Z8...do you need my mailing adress, smartass?

Originally posted by max_boost

I think by now all of us know that you love the three pointed star and your dislike for the direction of BMW is evident! No more long rants please.

Why are you getting all sensitive, the E46 was spared by bangle...relax. Besides, ladies, I don't hate BMW, just their newest designs, if you don't like reading other people's opinions, maybe Beyond.ca isn't the place for you...

C4S
10-27-2004, 04:33 PM
Good to see 260 HP on a 330i and 220Hp on 325i !

and 10% better on gas !

Magnesium engines for Mass Production cars ? awesome ! :thumbsup:

Active steering option .. um .. honestly .. we don't need it in Canada .. but my mom will love it for her X 5 in stupid Hong Kong ! :eek:

Run flat tires is ... also not my favour ...

However .. good to have the Confort acfcess too ! :D

Base price is probaby stay the same .. but .. tons of options can add on ! :eek: :D

Will see in next Fall ! :clap:

CKY
10-27-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by C4S
Good to see 260 HP on a 330i and 220Hp on 325i !

and 10% better on gas !

Magnesium engines for Mass Production cars ? awesome ! :thumbsup:

Active steering option .. um .. honestly .. we don't need it in Canada .. but my mom will love it for her X 5 in stupid Hong Kong ! :eek:

Run flat tires is ... also not my favour ...

However .. good to have the Confort acfcess too ! :D

Base price is probaby stay the same .. but .. tons of options can add on ! :eek: :D

Will see in next Fall ! :clap:

what active steering option? is that like steering wheel memory settings like the one you can get on seat positions?

FiveFreshFish
10-27-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by CKY

what active steering option? is that like steering wheel memory settings like the one you can get on seat positions?

Active steering changes how much you need to turn the wheel depending on your speed. At parking speed (i.e. crawling), you will only have to make something like one turn for lock to lock, and at highway speed it behaves like normal steering.

SwitchBlade
10-27-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by jaysas_63
ya thats his name bangel...thx, ya the guy fucked bmw all over the place, they are gettin killed by mercedes in sales, and there cars IMO look like your regular jap imports....ne ways i never really was a fan of bmw..... mercedes all the way:thumbsup:

I don't think Bangel is fucking over BMW. If BMW couldnt market that specific design they wouldn't.

As for getting killed in sales, I believe you are incorrect. Net income for BMW group in 2003 was 1,947 million euros where DaimlerChrysler group was 448 million euros in 2003.

I got the stats from each companies 2003 annual reports

Bmw
http://www.bmwgroup.com/e/0_0_www_bmwgroup_com/2_investor_relations/2_2_publikationen/2_2_1_geschaeftsbericht_03/2_2_1_3_downloadbereich/pdfs/gb2003_gesamt.pdf

Merc.
http://www.daimlerchrysler.com/Projects/c2c/channel/documents/228297_dcag_gb_hv_2003.pdf

Getting back on track i like the new 3 series.

:thumbsup: :)

Hakkola
10-27-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

But I do have problem with BMW's interior lately. Design is retro cool but I find better plastic on a Toyota Corolla than any new BMW except the 7.

Interior on the 7 still sucks, I thought it was the worst thing about the car. Even the leather in it looks cheap.

M_Power
10-27-2004, 06:32 PM
i think its better than the E46 sedan, which imo isn't that spectacular without all the options. just wait until the 2 series (coupe) comes out and everyone will love it like always :D
o yah, the one thing on that car thats fugly is those damn taillights, so not BMW.

C4S
10-27-2004, 06:34 PM
Well .. and the fact is .. Chris Bangle is not really in the design department for BMW now ..

And the Top Benz designer .. moved to BMW ..

But .. anyway .. all the newer car ... 7 series. 5 series, TL, RL, A6, A8 350Z, New GS 330 .. all have weird design .. even low end cars such as maxima .. accord .. all weird .. no matter u like it or not !

:eek:

max_boost
10-27-2004, 07:42 PM

In the unlikely event that you'd ever have one to sell or give away, actually, no I'd take the Z8...do you need my mailing adress, smartass?

Why are you getting all sensitive, the E46 was spared by bangle...relax. Besides, ladies, I don't hate BMW, just their newest designs, if you don't like reading other people's opinions, maybe Beyond.ca isn't the place for you...

Man, you are weird. You are saying weaponR is a smartass when that's how you present yourself in 90%+ of your posts with the few exceptions of the ones about mortgages and real estate. :rofl: :dunno:

As for me being sensitive? You must have somehow misinterpreted my post. I'm just saying, your rants or your opinions regarding the new BMW's are annoying. Everytime it's about BMW, there is a huge ZorroAMG rant about how great Mercedes is and how BMW is just so uncool. But this is my opinion, just like how you are entitled to yours!

And btw, Beyond.ca rocks, it's my homepage. :rofl:

C4S
10-27-2004, 08:34 PM
:confused: :confused:

Well .. this is what .. I still don't understand .. why do Honda drivers hate VW .. or the other way ..

and why do BENZ people hate BMW ? or the other way ??

Or may be I am a Hong Konger ..and all my friends are weird ? we like VW and Honda in the same time ( lots of asian family have VW and Honda in the same time ) and lots of us love both Benz and BMW .. I love both of them too .. and my parents .. and lots of asian family .. have BENZ and BMW in the same time .. so ..

I don't mean to bring out arguement .. but .. honestly, I am just curious ! :dunno: I love Porsche and Ferrari .. Lambo and Lotus ... Benz and BMW ... Honda and VW ..Kia and Toyota :thumbsup:

JordanLotoski
10-27-2004, 08:45 PM
i dont hate bmw.....to me the 3 series is a rich kids honda, none the less bmw's are amazing cars and id kill for an m3

Xtrema
10-27-2004, 11:37 PM
I think Benz hate BMW because BMW is known for driver's car while Benz is more passenger's car.

Older Benz drives like a brick but a very comfortable brick none of the less. But products from Mercedes in the last 3-4 years has improved lots but still it's no BMW unless you go $100K+

BMW on the other hand, got Bangled and become quite edgy and controversal. Some like it, some don't but the cost cutting in building these cars are prominent and inexcuseable for a luxury brand. (Actually, Benz does the same too, I remember 1st few model years of C class has so horrible plastic I thought I was in a Neon if it weren't for the logo. But they improved now)

As interior goes, both of these guys has nothing on VW/Audi.

Weapon_R
10-27-2004, 11:42 PM

In the unlikely event that us poor people achieve your level of status, i'll just look for the 1990 Mercedes 300E to find you. No need to send me your address, smartass.

ZorroAMG
10-28-2004, 09:41 AM
Max, I'm sorry you find my posts about BMW's new designs annoying, I guess you'll just have to deal with it. As for my other "smartass posts" don't call me out as if I'm the only one on Beyond that does that. Real estate and mortgages are serious subjects that deserve my respect and professional advice, ghey threads about "ricers fly-bys", "spotted: rolling garbage can" and retarded "washer LED polls" aren't.

WeaponR, you just love to get the odd shot in when I have never taken shots at you. :rolleyes:

Mr. Burns
10-28-2004, 09:47 AM
I like it. I would drive the shit out of that car.:thumbsup:

GTS Jeff
10-28-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

hey no need for OG flame wars. cmon, ure setting a bad example for the newbies.

we all know bimmers and benzs are both equally unreliable and expensive to fix anyway.

roopi
10-28-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by C4S

I don't mean to bring out arguement .. but .. honestly, I am just curious ! :dunno: I love Porsche and Ferrari .. Lambo and Lotus ... Benz and BMW ... Honda and VW ..Kia and Toyota :thumbsup:

How did Kia and Toyota get paired together? :rofl:

we all know bimmers and benzs are both equally unreliable and expensive to fix anyway.

:werd: :D

max_boost
10-28-2004, 03:05 PM

hey no need for OG flame wars. cmon, ure setting a bad example for the newbies.

we all know bimmers and benzs are both equally unreliable and expensive to fix anyway. :rofl: That's why after everytime I sell a BMW, I buy a Honda again.