PDA

View Full Version : should I be leary??

theken
10-26-2004, 07:00 PM
I have my truck for sale, and have posted it on the internet.
Some guy from switzerland wants to buy my truck and says he has a client that will forward me the payment, he wants my adress phone # and all that stuff, I havent given it to him and won't, but should I be concerned?? or just let the fucker go, keep in mind if he screws me I will owe the bank 30,000 have no truck and owe the rest on my lease :eek: so around 60,000

kaput
10-26-2004, 07:04 PM

Khyron
10-26-2004, 07:05 PM
If he asks you to make change, or use western union or some shit like that run. My money says he'll pull the "make change" scam.

Khyron

jaysas_63
10-26-2004, 07:07 PM
well i'm no identity theft expert, but i refrain from giving out ANY personal information.....i have heard horror stories of what some people can do with just some stupid information.

Ichigo
10-26-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Khyron
If he asks you to make change, or use western union or some shit like that run. My money says he'll pull the "make change" scam.

Khyron

Lol.. making change is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.. Yeah.. I'm gona overshoot my payment and hope for some change... I'm sorry but that's hilarious...:nut:

theken
10-26-2004, 07:15 PM
yeah i dont want to give him my adress and wake up tomorow and be out a truck, why is western union so bad??

1badPT
10-26-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by jaysas_63
well i'm no identity theft expert, but i refrain from giving out ANY personal information.....i have heard horror stories of what some people can do with just some stupid information.

people who want to want to take advantage of your personal info will do it whether you give out your personal info or not. :dunno:

There's nothing wrong with giving out your contact info, just be careful, and yeah it does sound like the make change scam.

Weapon_R
10-26-2004, 07:31 PM
Party A (the guy in question) may offer you a price, which will be sent by his "partner" in America.

His client is really just another buyer for a product that the Party A has scammed also.

The client pays you, you send the truck away. The truck is gone, the client comes after his money, which leaves you liable.

Aren't there any trucks in Switzerland? Or Europe, perhaps?

theken
10-26-2004, 07:33 PM
thats a good point weapon r, I wont send the truck till I find out details of his "client" and make sure this type of stuff isn't happening

theken
10-26-2004, 07:35 PM
here is his first

I am interested in your 2004 dodge ram 1500 hemi slt,i will like to know the least price and the present condition.Do you have pics?.I have a shipping
agent that will take care of the pick up as soon as the price is negotiated.
Hope to read from you.
David.

here is his last email

> Subject: PAYMENT DETAILS NEEDED ASAP!
>
>
> Thanks for the reply.I appreciate the time spent to send me the picture of
> the vehicle,it looks neat and nice.My shipper handles the responsibility of
> the pick-up at your location after the payment
> have been made to you.I can guess that you are given me 100% assurances that
> the vehicle is perfectly ok.Since i have read
> through your I'm very glad to hear from you and the selling price sent by
> you.It's quite affordable and im really pleased with the price.I will try my
> possible best to contact a client of mine who would issue the check on my
> behalf.Let me have your full Name and full contact address and phone# where
> the check would be sent to,the payments will include the shipping funds.If
> you love my idea please try and holla back coz time waits for nobody.
> Have a nice day,hope to read from you soonest.
> Regards,
> David...

jaysas_63
10-26-2004, 07:39 PM
listen man why doesn't "david" just buy the damn truck from sweden...it just doesn't make sence man....like it really sounds like a scam to me.....btw where was it posted FS

edit: switzerland

88CRX
10-26-2004, 07:40 PM
holla back :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:bullshit:

theken
10-26-2004, 07:54 PM
it was posted on MSN, bargain finder, and another i cant remember though. does switzerland have dodge over there??

canadatrader

Stratus_Power
10-26-2004, 08:00 PM
"If you love my idea please try and holla back coz time waits for nobody."

Haha its a scam man, run!

jasjas
10-26-2004, 08:14 PM
I wouldnt do it man... sounds like a scam:thumbsdow

Akagi Redsuns
10-26-2004, 09:06 PM
With the exception of the "My friend owns me $10,000 more than your asking price, he will cut you a check for $10,000 more and then send me the difference".......it sounds exactly like that scam that was going around. I wouldn't do it.

Khyron
10-26-2004, 09:39 PM
String him along a bit more and he will say "I will send you 20 thousand, please wire me 5 thousand change". You wouldn't believe how many fall for it because it can take weeks for the initial 20K to shown fake. You can have tons of fun with these guys.

Khyron

kaput
10-26-2004, 09:57 PM

theken
10-27-2004, 03:09 AM
i want to see how he is going to pay, shit if he wants to send me cash money, ill take it 4 sure

fast95pony
10-27-2004, 05:17 AM
That sounds VERY familiar . My friend has a 70's Camaro for sale . He recieved an e-mail from England that sounded very much like yours . I'd say "It's a Scam " !!

:guns:

MerfBall
10-27-2004, 09:00 AM
I'm not sure if it was on this forum or another forum but somebody has been scammed on this before, here's a link from a google search:

http://www.4x4web.co.uk/scamexamples.html

dieselpower91
10-27-2004, 11:44 AM
Yes, definatly a scam, run while you still can!!!
Another guy on 4wheeler.ca had the same kind of message sent to him about his Cutlass for sale.

theken
10-27-2004, 04:26 PM
so did they scam your friends??

crazydave
10-27-2004, 07:47 PM
its a scam!! try to play with him a bit first tho

:thumbsup: :guns:

sputnik
10-28-2004, 07:02 AM
READ THIS FIRST!

http://thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=253

theken
10-31-2004, 06:09 PM
the guy doesnt want to send me more then the car is worth though he wants to send me exactly what it is worth, and we decided to do a direct depost transfer, (safest way to do transfers says my bank) if the money goes through then good if not oh well :D i would like to see it go through though 31,500 to buy my next car 90 gtr

kanjus_paki
10-31-2004, 06:16 PM
how the hell does this scam works it makes no sense?

Weapon_R
10-31-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by theken
the guy doesnt want to send me more then the car is worth though he wants to send me exactly what it is worth, and we decided to do a direct depost transfer, (safest way to do transfers says my bank) if the money goes through then good if not oh well :D i would like to see it go through though 31,500 to buy my next car 90 gtr

If the cash is there and the bank absolutely can confirm that the cash is there in writing, you should be okay. We are all just paranoid these days as the world has shrunk and people from anywhere can contact North Americans and steal their goods without much recourse.