PDA

View Full Version : fighting photo radar

coopercowan
10-27-2004, 12:21 AM
is it true you can get our of your photo radar ticket if thiers another car in the picture

jaysas_63
10-27-2004, 12:31 AM
yes.....talked about it in my law 30 class like 2 yrs ago:thumbsup: MR ZIMMER WAS THE BOMB (for all u western kids out there)

kanjus_paki
10-27-2004, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by jaysas_63
yes.....talked about it in my law 30 class like 2 yrs ago:thumbsup: MR ZIMMER WAS THE BOMB (for all u western kids out there)

u went to western? who are you?

i graduated there in 04

Singel
10-27-2004, 02:07 PM
J Crane @ Central is better

QuasarCav
10-27-2004, 02:10 PM
WTF?

I'm sure there will almost always be another car in the picture.

As long as they can see your plate than your busted.

lint
10-27-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by kanjus_paki

i graduated there in 04

shit I feel old. I graduated from there in 93.

Khyron
10-27-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
WTF?

I'm sure there will almost always be another car in the picture.

As long as they can see your plate than your busted.

Yah but if there's 2 cars, you can't tell which one is going faster than the other so the ticket gets tossed. They are not using laser. At least that's how it used to be.

Khyron

shadow
10-28-2004, 01:11 AM
A little side note.... if you got the ticket and there are two cars in the picture.... it will ONLY get thrown out if both licence plates can be read... or I heard that if there is a car in the far lane that is apparently ahead of you in the picture but you are blocking its licence plate then this can POSSIBLY be thrown out as well, because it is possible that the first car triggered the radar but you were blocking the shot of the camera. (I am not sure if this works as a defence)

In the case of two cars with visable plates.. this should be thrown out because it is not easy to tell who was speeding at one point if there was two cars and they could not figure out which was the violation they used to send tickets to BOTH drivers. I am not sure if they do this anymore I know they have got in trouble in the past when this came up in court.

If it is a big ticket then go ask a traffic lawyers some questions about defense because they will be able to tell you if your defense will work and why it would or why not. This way you can goto traffic coart with some idea of what they will ask... because nothing sucks more than having your only defense blown out of the water. I saw it happen a couple times when I was in traffic court.

2 court appearances and no paid fines so far.

jaysas_63
10-28-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by kanjus_paki

i graduated there in 04

i was in gr 12 when u were in gr 11.........i was one yr older (o3 grad),,,.....from ur username i am guessin u are ismaile right??
whats ur name