PDA

View Full Version : black widow alarm

jimdavies
10-27-2004, 05:52 PM
Hi, I saw a 2 way black widow x5 car alarm for 268 at Visions with starter kill is that a good deal. Anyone have any reviews on this alarm.

Ryan@DerdallDesigns
10-28-2004, 07:45 AM
The one way units arnt that bad but the two way is a bit scetchy. They dont have near as much range as said ,and the LCD screen always craps out on them. They also have problems with page back, it will send a signal fine but the conformation page doesnt always work. As far as two way units go your best bet is to not always go for the cheaper one. Compustar is always a good choice with the warrenty advantage and such. Was that the price installed???

jimdavies
10-28-2004, 06:06 PM
yes that price was with basic install starter kill was included but not keyless entry which would have been another 65 dollars in there price quote. What about the Compustar 2 way AM unit. A%B sound has it advertised for 279 installed. I don't really need a car starter, ( always park in a heated garage or underground area at home and work ) so I just would prefer the alarm. The Compustar 2 way FM Blue remote unit for the alarm only is fairly pricey, places basically want almost 450 for that .