PDA

View Full Version : Alternate routes north bound???

Ryan@DerdallDesigns
10-28-2004, 08:02 AM
Just thought Id throw this out there to see if anyone knows of a alternate route northbound to beddington area from Chinook. Deerfoot severly sucks at around 5-530 ish. Ive tried going Mcleod to memorial= screwed. Then tried mcleod to olympic cut through the zoo=bridge closed. Any Ideas??? ( the shoulder with the bike thing cant really apply this time of year!!):dunno:

Zero102
10-28-2004, 09:24 AM
Good thing this is in the street encounters section....

The shoulder with the bike thing?... Just wait in traffic like the rest of us. You're a hazard going flying up the shoulder.

Ryan@DerdallDesigns
10-28-2004, 09:29 AM
Dude dont take things so seriously it was just a joke!! I dont even own a bike. Doesnt have anything to do with the thread anyway ( just put it in there cause ive seen it happen alot) so if you dont know than why bother??

Xtrema
10-28-2004, 09:38 AM
Coming from Chinook, you'll get owned either way.

From downtown, quickest way would be:

1. Centre -> 12 Ave -> 4th St or stay on Centre
2 10th St thru Confederation park to 14th St.
2a thru downtown on 2nd/3rd Ave to 10th St. bridge
2b Memorial -> 6th St. thru residental and back alley out in safeway -> 10th St.
3. Edmonton tr -> 30ish Ave -> centre.

Ryan@DerdallDesigns
10-28-2004, 09:42 AM
Sweet thanks for the input ill try it out!!

QuasarCav
10-28-2004, 09:57 AM
Glenmore, Barlow, Country hills.

I took that every day, the 5:00pm owning on deerfoot really sucks.

Xtrema
10-28-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
Glenmore, Barlow, Country hills.

I took that every day, the 5:00pm owning on deerfoot really sucks.

That may move but you're putting a lot of K's on your car.

Ryan@DerdallDesigns
10-28-2004, 10:12 AM
Thanks QuasarCav ill try that one out as well. Anyone know how glenmore to crowchild is at that time??

QuasarCav
10-28-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by instal22
Thanks QuasarCav ill try that one out as well. Anyone know how glenmore to crowchild is at that time??

Horrible, dont go near there.

It puts about 10k extra on your car but the sanity it saves is priceless.

Ryan@DerdallDesigns
10-28-2004, 10:26 AM
Ive tried the far right lanes of the foot using the merging lanes to gain a few cars, and the occasional 16th ave flyover through the lights than back on to the foot, but I dont want to be one of those a holes cutting everyone off anymore!! thanks for the input. kms are well worth the sacrifice for sanity :nut:

Phy
10-28-2004, 10:29 AM
Barlow?

I used to work around there, Barlow was always complete shit just south of Peigan. Took me a good half hour to get from just south of the Road King to Peigan. Same story yesterday, first time I tried it in a couple years - I hopped off and took 52nd instead. Maybe you've had a different experience, I dunno.

Ryan@DerdallDesigns
10-28-2004, 10:38 AM
Yeah I tried that same route one day and got severly owned. Got stuck in some residential, school zones and ghetto 17th ave suburbs trying to detour

bol
10-28-2004, 10:48 AM
It's a shitty place to be. Sometimes I'll take blackfoot to deerfoot instead of going thrown downtown but eithe way you'll sit in traffic for awhile.

There's not much you can do.

QuasarCav
10-28-2004, 10:50 AM
Bol, your avatar rocks.

I was going to make a map of the places not to be at certain times.

When the calf robe was under construction I took Blackfoot all the time, it may be slower but I would rather cruise at 50 than stop and go at 10. Blackfoot to deerfoot to 16th to barlow could be an option but If one thing goes wrong it could screw everything up.