PDA

View Full Version : Does SAAB ring a bell for anyone?

QuasarCav
10-28-2004, 10:53 AM
Does anyone remember Space: above and beyond? It was a short lived series that lasted about 2 seasons. The show was a departure from traditional sci-fi films because the future was bleak.

I really want to buy it on DVD but they wont release it until there is enought support. Just wondering if there are any fans on the board. I asked around at work and only about 2 people had heard of it. I know there are some Sci-fi buffs around so let me know!

RC-Cola
10-29-2004, 12:31 PM
I remeber the series. It was really well done for the time. I would be interested in getting a DVD package if became available.

QuasarCav
10-29-2004, 12:49 PM
I think you would have to be at least 21 to remember it.

Great show IMO, shows like that never get the popular support until they are long gone.

calgarys13
10-29-2004, 12:53 PM
yes i was like 13 when that show was on and i loved it..if you find a box set lemme know!!!

cityhunter2501
10-29-2004, 01:41 PM
SAAB, isnt it a car manufacturer?

QuasarCav
10-29-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by cityhunter2501
SAAB, isnt it a car manufacturer?

Space
Above
And
Beyond

Did you read any of the previous posts?

Khyron
10-29-2004, 02:23 PM
Good show - but I think the problem was the alien race was lame? I forget but it wasn't memorable like Cylons or the Borg. Reminded me of Wing Commander.

Khyron

QuasarCav
10-29-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Khyron
Good show - but I think the problem was the alien race was lame? I forget but it wasn't memorable like Cylons or the Borg. Reminded me of Wing Commander.

Khyron

Yeah, they weren't really visible nor did they have much dialogue.

The chigs, an alien race that would automatically terminate if anyone other than themselves removed their helmet.

I think the problem was the furure was bleak, unlike Star-trek. The humans didn't really stand a chance and the heroes were more day-to-day than a Captain Picard or Sisko.

BigDL
10-29-2004, 11:23 PM
Ahhh i soo miss the series...Im 20 and i damm well remember, it. It was one of my fav tv shows while it was running... If you find out where to buy a dvd set let me know because i want it too. And i think i even emailed space one time asking if they would ever bring it back..Heh i need to dig out that email.

xrayvsn
10-29-2004, 11:26 PM
That show was really good, I watched it every Sunday when it was on. I was choked when they cancelled it. Wasn't it by the same producers as the x-files?

Hakkola
10-30-2004, 02:37 AM
Was there an episode where one of the people got shot and it was some bullet the drills in deeper and deeper, and I think it was a girl that got hit, and she couldn't move because it would drill faster?

If so I vaguely remember, but I liked the show, think I only saw two episodes though.

ninspeed
10-30-2004, 02:33 PM
great show, i have a few episodes on my comp that where ripped of the scifi channel down in the us... it was a FOX production was it not?

Xtrema
10-31-2004, 09:45 AM
It got protential to be the next Battlestar Galatica but didn't.

The problem is it's more on the line of Starship trooper/Wing Commander. Great for a single movie, too draining as a series.

QuasarCav
11-01-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by ninspeed
great show, i have a few episodes on my comp that where ripped of the scifi channel down in the us... it was a FOX production was it not?

Fox all the way, The producers of the show made "millenium" and some other short lived fox sci-fi dramas.

I'll find the link for the petition, It would be the only TV series that I would buy on DVD.

Das_Amaretto
11-03-2004, 06:11 AM
http://www.televisionmedia.net/Browse_Item_Details.asp/Item_Id/32/categ_id/2/parent_ids/0/Name/Space:_Above__Beyond_DVD_Box_Set

Go here to get info on the show and... DVD BOX?! chek it out, dunno bout that '2 weeks' thang..

cityhunter2501
11-03-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

Space
Above
And
Beyond

Did you read any of the previous posts?
yes but isnt it a car manufacturer too? :poosie:

SaabKraft
11-03-2004, 12:37 PM
sorry for the mini hijack, but i can clear up the car acronym too